Personal Maid

De lemonbear23

Is she going to work or get distracted by Ms. Arrogant? Mai multe

Kang's Residence
The Arrival
Busting A Mission
Pissed Off
Sick
Different Side
New Girl
Consolation
Between us would be impossible
The Drunk Comes Home
Scolding
After Party
New Beginning
When She Needs Me The Most
Shocking
I'll be Leaving Soon
Cat Fight
Mother's Shock
Hmmm
War
Paying A Visit
I Turn Around And Just Leave
Thank You 💓
I've Made A Decision
Being With You Is The Best
All Ends Well

Birthday

1.3K 118 5
De lemonbear23

Last night I couldn't sleep at all. I kept thinking about things and those "things" include my moms death. I felt lonely last night. I've never had a family, it's always been just my mother and I. No dad, no grandparents, no aunts or uncles.

I didn't even know if I had cousins. I kept tossing and turning in my bed that I decided I would just get up. It was 4:59am almost 5. I got myself ready and went downstairs in the most glum way I could ever walk.

I turned on the kitchen lights and looked for something to do but Lucas had left everything so tidy and spotless. I sighed.

"My life is such a drag." I whispered.

I walked around the house fixing small details like the drape that hung over the couch in the living room.

I stood outside of the double glass doors that gave me view to the pool. The sun was slowly rising but not yet. The sky was pink, blue, and a pretty shade of indigo.

"Why are you awake?" Haerin's voice startled me.

"Uh-I-I couldn't sleep so I decided to start working early." I said looking at my feet.

"That's weird. I thought you were going to take your leave?" She said harshly.

"I was but I decided to stay for my mom. What exactly is that 'debt' she owes you Kang's?" I asked crossing my arms.

"If she didn't tell you then that's something I should stay quiet about." she said.

"Why can't you tell me?" I was getting loud.

"I'm not going to fight with you Danielle, you're my employee. You got that? Now listen, I might not come home tonight because of a business trip let Lucas know." Haerin said grabbing her suitcase and her iPhone.

I didn't as to nod or turn my head. I looked at her leave through the door and didn't say a word to her. She was an asshole. I was tired of her attitude with me and treating me like just an "employee". I watched television for the time remaining till 6. Lucas was out of his room 15 minutes early.

"Goodmorning Miss. Marsh what a surprise seeing you awake so early." Lucas smiled making his eyes wrinkle.

"Yeah I couldn't sleep." I half fake smiled.

We both walked to the kitchen and I sat on the counter when Lucas opened the fridge.

"Happy birthday to you.." he began singing in a whisper while lighting up the candle.

I looked at him surprised and back at the small pink cake in front of me that had glazed strawberry's all over.

"Oh my god Lucas thank you so much!" I stood up and ran around the counter to hug him.

No one had ever made me a cake or sang me happy birthday. My mom was always working and she would just bring me Chinese food. In high school I had friends but I never told them when my birthday was. Lucas's smile was so big it could reach his eyes. He truly felt like a grandfather figure to me. I was glad I at least had someone to spend my birthday with.

****************

We turned up the music and cleaned the floors spotless, and ran across the marble floor with socks. Of course Lucas wouldn't do it because he was afraid of falling. I took a dip in the pool during noon for a little bit while Lucas cut me a piece of cake.

"This feels good Lucas why don't you get in?" I asked looking up to him.

"Oh no Miss. Marsh I have things to tend to, you enjoy yourself. It's a special day." he turned away with the tray of empty plates from the cake we were eating.

I put my head back and looked up to the sky, of course the sun was making my eyes squint. I was happy but deep down inside I felt like dying.

****************

Night time came, and after showering and blow drying my hair I decided to sit by the pool. I brought my feet up to my chest and let my head rest on my knees. I looked at the stars but they were barely visible because of the light from the house. I was back in deep thought.

"What if my mom was still here, and she wasn't a maid?" "What would it feel like to have a family and actually spend time with them on holidays and special days like these?"

"I miss you mom..so much it's killing me." I said looking up to the faded stars.

I let those unlocked feelings of mines break through. I blew up and there was no going back. I was so alone in the world and I felt as if not one soul cared about me. I felt hopeless and useless. It was my birthday and I couldn't be as happy as I wanted to be.

"Miss. Marsh?" Lucas was next to me with a worried look.

I jumped and ran my hands through my eyes so he wouldn't see the tears but it was too late.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

13.8K 930 16
Kang Haerin, a cold princess. Forced to be closed off to others by her mother because she was too good for the others. Mo Jihye or Danielle Marsh, ki...
12.6K 869 16
You hate Kang Haerin. Is she hates you back? Or something that you can't even imagine. (Kang Haerin x Gn reader) Hope you enjoy reading~
19.3K 1.1K 16
Pham Hanni, a journalist girl who keep stalking on one very suspicious scientist, Kim Minji. Hanni knows that this woman is not as normal as she look...
350K 16.8K 47
Bitterness. Cold. Hotheaded. Are all things that Kim Minji, the young CEO, is familiar with. She's rich and successful, and very smart in managing th...