Charlie Carpenter

By lioness219

This is the story of Charlie Rose Carpenter. She's 17 years old and plays for Arsenal youth academy. Charlie... More

Part 1
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

Part 2

780 25 1
By lioness219

**time skip**
Friday-game day

Charlie's POV

I'm so nervous and excited for today. I'm never normally nervous for matches but today it's different, this game could change my life forever. The game starts at 6:30pm and I'm currently at school. I can't concentrate properly, my legs bouncing up and down uncontrollably. I've got my lunch break in 15 minutes I've just got to get through this lesson first. I'm in business studies right now and I know that my teacher has noticed I'm distracted. I can't sit still. The lesson finally ends and before I leave the classroom my teacher asks if I'm alright. I just simply state that I've got a lot going on today and she nods understanding that I'm not going to tell her anymore. I thank her before leaving and heading towards the music room. I was thinking about going to the library to study but I wouldn't be able to concentrate so there's no point. I also thought about going outside on a run or playing football but that would mean I would have to go home to get ready and by the time I do that my break will be over and I don't want to be tired for the game either.

Once I got to the music room, I sat down at the piano. I started playing Good years by ZAYN.

I'd rather be anywhere
Anywhere but here
I'd rather be anywhere
Anywhere but here
I close my eyes and see a crowd of a thousand tears
I pray to God I didn't waste all my good years
All my good years
All my good years
The voices screaming loud as hell
We don't care 'bout no one else
Nothing in the world could bring us down
Now we're so high among the stars without a worry
And neither one, one of us wants to say we're sorry
I'd rather be anywhere
Anywhere but here
I'd rather be anywhere
Anywhere but here
I close my eyes and see a crowd of a thousand tears
I pray to God I didn't waste all my good years
All my good years
All my good years
Too much drugs and alcohol
What the hell were we fighting for?
'Cause now the whole damn world will know
That we're too numb and just too dumb to change the story
Neither one, one of us wants to say we're sorry
I'd rather be anywhere
Anywhere but here
I'd rather be anywhere
Anywhere but here
I close my eyes and see a crowd of a thousand tears
I pray to God I didn't waste all my good years
All my good years
All my good years
Need a chance just to breathe, feel alive
And when the day meets the night, show me the light
Feel the wind and the fire hold the pain deep inside
It's in my eyes
In my eyes
I'd rather be anywhere
Anywhere but here
I'd rather be anywhere
Anywhere but here
I close my eyes and see a crowd of a thousand tears
I pray to God I didn't waste all my good years
All my good years
All my good years
I pray to God I didn't waste all my good years
All my good years
All my good years

I sang my heart out letting all the emotions run through my body. I carried on playing the piano just clearing my head. After a while, I had to go to class.

Eventually, I finished school for the day. I headed home and went over the tactics with myself making sure that I know what I have to do. The team was meeting at the pitch at 5:15 pm to make sure we were ready for the game. I ate at 4pm and got my stuff ready for the match. We were playing in the academy stadium today against Chelsea. It should be a challenging match. At 4:30pm I decided to leave for the match. I knew I was gonna be early but I couldn't sit around waiting any longer so I just decided to walk to the ground then I'll get a lift back with my grandparents later. The ground is about a 25 minute walk from my house.

I put in my music and set off for the match. I decided to stop at Tesco getting myself 2 lucosades. I got to the stadium at 5:05pm so I wasn't that early. As I walked through the car park I saw my coach getting out his car so I walked in his direction he greeted me and we started talking about the match. We walked into the stadium together heading towards the changing rooms.

After 5 minutes or so some of the girls started to turn up. They all had their game faces on and once everyone had turned up we went out to the pitch to warm up. There was mainly just friends and family members in the crowd but it was just nice to know that people supported us. Whilst walking back into the changing room I look into the crowd and see my grandparents cheering I smile at them and wave, before heading inside. I get into the changing room and put on all my gear. I wrap tape around my wrists and write on it 'Dad' and 'Ben' with black sharpie before turning my attention to our coach. He does a quick team talk, reminding us of our tactics and hyping us up. Then we head out to the pitch.

(A/N-Third person game commentary thing in bold)

Kick off- 6:30pm
23rd minute: Charlie Carpenter goal. Charlie gets given the ball just outside the box she turns and shoots with power placing the ball into bottom right.
42nd minute: Chelsea goal. Arsenal defender gave the ball away in a dangerous area and the Chelsea players took it to their advantage.
Half time: 1-1

We walked into the changing rooms quite disappointed at half time. We were controlling the game but their defence was just holding on. Neve hung her head low obviously disappointed with herself as it was her mistake that led to Chelsea's goal. I walked over to her, knowing that she needed to stop thinking about that one mistake.

"Hey, don't worry about it. We'll get it back." I said tapping her shoulder reassuringly. She nodded and forced out a smile. We sat down in the changing room and listened to the coaches input. They told us to keep controlling the game and that they're right back seems to be their weakness at the back, which I noticed too. Everyone nodded and headed back to the pitch with our heads held high.

48th minute: Goal Arsenal. Charlie plays a lovely through ball to the left wing and the Chelsea right back is no where to be seen and the Arsenal winger cuts inside and just Burries it into the back of the net.
56th minute: Goal Arsenal. Charlie picks the ball up in midfield and has no one up there with her. She dribbles past three defenders before placing the ball into the top left corner of the net. 3-1 Arsenal.
I scored again. We're now winning 3-1 that has got to be one of the best solo goals I've ever scored. After I saw the ball hit the back of the net I looked up at the sky, kissed my wrists and pointed up. That one was for them.
87th minute: Charlie Carpenter picks the ball up deep turns and dribbles towards the box. She gets brought down by a Chelsea defender who is shown a yellow.

I was brought down by a Chelsea defender about 30 yards out from goal. The Chelsea defender was shown a yellow and I am helped up by my teammates. The ref checks on me I say I'm fine and pick up the ball. I go towards Lola, who usually takes the free kicks, and go to hand her the ball.
She shakes her head "you take it" she says whilst I look at her confused. "We all know you can do it, just take it and finish your hat trick" she says with a smile. I nod at her and she pats my shoulder. I look at the angle and decide where I'm going to aim for. I place the ball down and take a few steps back. I take a deep breath and then the whistle blows. I run up to the ball striking it with my right foot. I curl it round the wall placing it perfectly into the top right leaving the goal keeper standing still not being able to do anything about it. I just stand there smiling as my teammates run over to congratulate me. I kiss my wrists again and then the arsenal badge. I thank Lola before heading back for Chelsea to restart play.

Full time: Arsenal 4- Chelsea 1

After the final whistle went, we shook hands with all the Chelsea players and I was given the match ball. We went into the changing rooms and celebrated a bit before Jonas walked in. Shit. I forgot all about that. As soon as the game kicked off I completely forgot about it. I played well but was I good enough? Did I show him that I'm good enough for the senior team? God, I hope I did enough.

"Congratulations girls you all played really well" Jonas said with a smile on his face. We all smiled and thanked him before he left and let us get ready. I got changed into my tracksuit and headed out to the pitch to find my grandparents. They were still there and as they saw me they both engulfed me in a massive hug telling me how proud they were of me. I still had the tape on my wrists and my grandma turned my wrists around to look at the names then kissed them then my grandad did the same. After a while I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn around to see Jonas smiling at me.
"Hey Charlie, are you free tomorrow for a meeting?" He asks me
"Ummm yeah I think so" I reply not knowing what we have planned so I turn to my grandparents "Am I?" I asked them
"Yes hunny" my grandma replied smiling at me.
"I'll text you the details" Jonas says
"Okay, thank you. See you tomorrow. Oh but how will you get my number?" I ask slightly confused.
"Don't worry about that. I've got it off your coach have a good night Charlie"
"Yeah you too" I reply with a smile.

Jonas walks off and we head to the car. I keep my cool until we get into the car. I put my seatbelt on then start screaming "omg, omg, omg! Jonas Eidevall wants to have a meeting with me" My grandparents were just laughing in the front seat.
"You deserve it Charlie" my grandad says making me smile
"Yes she does" my grandma adds before the car falls into a comfortable silence for the rest of the way home.

When we got home I went straight to my room and got in bed. I saw my phone light up next to me. I looked at it and it was an unknown number so I picked up my phone.

Hey Charlie, it's Jonas. Can we meet at my office (at the training facility) at 1pm. Can you please bring a parent/ carer with you as well.

Yeah sounds good, see you then. Thank you

I turn my phone off and shut my eyes. Could this really be it? Is this really my chance?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

812K 30K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
164K 5.7K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
188K 18.9K 24
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
180K 4.8K 42
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...