The Business Contract

By quengdem

"Look I lost my job today and I'm really not having a good day, and to be quite honest I'm sick of rich fucks... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
*Character fun facts!*
Merry Christmas! 🎄🎄
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Suprise!!!!!!!!!
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue
Spin off
Happy 69k reads
Readssss‼️‼️

Chapter 53

844 59 3
By quengdem

Ross P.O.V

I didn't take my eyes off of Trina since her and Lottie walked off.

It's not that I don't trust Lottie, but shit, that's exactly what I'm saying.

"Whats good Wyles?" I ask him while looking in their way.

"I just wanted to speak to you man." He says following my gaze and looking back at the ladies as they join Yura at the table.
"I want to just get to the point." He pauses and sighs heavily before speaking. "I've been a massive asshole. To Trina, and I know that in turn that has made you very wary of me."

"Man, I think you should be saying this to Trina, don't you think?" I interject.

"I plan to, but I wanted to get your okay. I hold no ill-will towards her, I just ask for forgiveness and to right my wrongs." He continues.

I couldn't help the look on my face, this isn't like him. Granted he never did anything personally to me. But I don't play about my goddess.

"Alright you wanna right your wrongs, cool, I'll allow it. But from man to man if you try anything funny, I will not hesitate to kill you." I say sharply at him.

He chuckles and I chuckle with him before going back to a straight face.
"No, I'm serious."

"I know..." he says and we both sigh.

"It's a good thing, the change you're going through and all. I'm impressed and congrats on the marriage and pregnancy." I congratulate the man.

"It took growth, and getting rid of toxic people and connections. A lot of my growth is definitely thanks to Charlotte." He says taking a sip of his drink as we look towards the women as they chatted to one another.

"Lottie is a good woman, I'm glad she found the happiness and safety she was looking for in you." I say as I down my drink.

"Trina is a great woman too. I was jealous for a long time... I did things to her that was very shameful and I regret. And it's said that karma comes back three times worse." He looks at the ground.

"It's actually 'karma comes back ten times worse.'" I correct him jokingly.

He chuckles. "Well by me righting my wrongs, hopefully it'll deal me my hand and skip my children and wife."

I pat him on the back, "By you righting your wrongs, usually karma has a funny way of showing grace and breezing by gracefully."

He clears his throat. "I've been wanting to ask, have you heard any word on the whereabouts of Yvonne?"

"No." I say bluntly running my tongue across my teeth and making a sucking sound as I feel a bit of rage rise.

"Well, I won't go into the sob 'I'm sorry it's your sister' shit." He says. "Yvonne has a target and it's Trina. I am part to blame for that and so I will do everything in my power on my end to continue searching for her and protecting Trina." Wyles vows.

"Use that same energy to protect your wife and children..." I say and he looks at me in confusion. "The day we paid her a visit at the loony bin. She said not only was Trina her target, but Lottie as well."

He runs his hands through his hair and gets a bit antsy.

"What's wrong?" I ask

"Shit man, she's fucking crazy for real... and just even a slight slip of Trina's name and she would spiral. Now my Lottie." He paces.

"Listen, protect yours, and I'll protect mine. But let's stay in communication." I cut it short as the mood has changed.

I grab two cups off a passing waiter tray and hands him one.

"Aye, aren't we supposed to be celebrating? Enough talking business, we gonna join our ladies and you can right the wrongs." I say as we clink out cups then downing the liquor in them.

Although I said this, I couldn't ignore the bad feeling I had growing in my heart.
———————————————————————————————
After the donations and awards was over, the ladies were ready to dance.

"Darling would you like to dance?" I stand up holding my hand to Trina

She gracefully takes it. As we walk off I tell Yura. "I'll be back for my dance with you."
She smiles softly with a sad look in her eyes.

Mack... I really hope you are okay and that you get your ass back here.

"Alright, everyone this will be a dance where we will be rotating dance partners. We will rotate to the left. I hope anyone with two left feet get off the dance floor." The DJ says making the crowd laugh.

To our left was The Wyles which works in our favor since he wanted to apologize.

And I know, maybe I'm being too trusting, nah! I will kill him if he tries any funny business. But I do trust him, plus it's not me he's gotta get through to, it's Trina.

As the song starts we all begin dancing.
"My beautiful, lovely lady." I say.

She looks at me with a raise eyebrow and a smirk "I don't wanna dance with Wyles."
She says.

"I know, but I think hearing what he has to say is worth it." I nod at her.

She sighs, so I pull her in closely to me and for the moment everyone else disappears and it's just me and Trina.

"Allllright, SWITCH!" The DJ says and Trina leaves my arms going to Wyles and Lottie takes my hand.

My heart dropped, because even though we were near all night, I never actually looked at her or spoke to her since I ended things.

"Hello stranger." She says to me.

"Hey Lottie, I mean Mrs. Wyles." I smile

"Either one will do, although Mrs. Wyles does have a nice ring to it." She smiles.

"Congratulations, and I am proud of you." I say looking at her.

She sighs deeply relaxing, before looking up at me trying to hold back tears.
"I'm sorry for what I did and that I hurt you."

"You've already apologized for that." I remind her.

"I never apologized correctly. I was operating out of hurt, and fear. And even though us breaking up was the best thing we ever did. It was bad how it ended." She looks up at me focusing on my face.

"Yeah." I chuckle "It was the best thing we ever did." We look at our loves as they dance together. "You brought value to Jonathan's life and Trina brought value to mine." "You ladies came in when needed and brought in your life bearing energy. I will never hate you Lottie, and I forgive you, and I am excited to see the growth of this new friendship and partnership with companies."

"Oh my gosh, Jonathan spoke to you about it?" She says covering her mouth.

"This is a business gala, partnering the companies would raise his capital which is what he needs, and help me further grow my company and open more locations." I state.

"Thank you!" She says suddenly hugging me tightly.

"Hey, hey! Watch them babies!" I chuckle.

Looking over to my goddess I see her and Wyles in deep conversation, and have almost fully stopped dancing.

Oh boy...
————————————————————————————————————————
A/N: 🥹🥹🥹🥹

Ross: what are you up to?🧐

A: idk what you're talking about 🤷🏾‍♀️

Ross: I gotta feeling.... 🧐

A: That tonight's gonna be a good good night 🥹

⭐️💬🗣️ if you liked this chapter
-chuu💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 6.2K 52
As much as Kimberly Astor hated to admit it, she had a slight problem. Okay, so it was theoretically a major problem, but it wasn't entirely her faul...
414K 15.6K 30
*Disclaimer* This is my first story ever. I'm not sure how it will turn out but I'll do my best! "Why me?" she asked. I looked again into her mesmeri...
753K 25.6K 65
"You found me as a kid. Now let my adult self grow old with you..." --------------------------------------------- "We'll marry as soon as we meet aga...
244K 5.6K 47
'For The Mafia' Series - Book 2 of 3! Read Book 1 - Made For The Mafia - before reading this book and the synopsis below to avoid spoilers! ~~~ It's...