Perfectly Balanced [WEEKLY UP...

By ChemistryNoodle

[Ishigami Senku × Fem!Reader] WEEKLY UPDATES ~~~~~ Before turning to stone, (Y/N) (L/N)'s life was actually p... More

Update: Archive of Our Own
Chapter One: A Stone World
Chapter Two: The Strongest High-Schooler
Chapter Three: Escape
Chapter Four: A Signal Beyond
Chapter Five: The Foreign Lioness
Chapter Six: Intro to Civilization
Chapter Seven: Teaching with Nostalgia
Chapter Eight: The Road to The Cure-All
Chapter Nine: Ramen and Cola
Chapter Ten: Power of the Gods
Chapter Eleven: Dancing With Trickery and Combat
Chapter Twelve: The Usefulness of Glass
Chapter Thirteen: Craftsmanship and Sulfur-chan
Chapter Fourteen: Danger Needs Convincing
Chapter Fifteen: The Match-up
Chapter Sixteen: Start of the Grand Bout
Chapter Seventeen: Riled With Determination
Chapter Eighteen: Using Magic and Laughter
Chapter Nineteen: The Cure-All
Chapter Twenty: To Have and Hold
Chapter Twenty One: Inferiority
Chapter Twenty Two: For Better, For Worse
Chapter Twenty Four: Heading to Automation
Chapter Twenty Five: Dance Practice
Chapter Twenty Six: Dazzling Celebration
Chapter Twenty Seven: Suffering in Sickness
Chapter Twenty Eight: Memories in Health
Chapter Twenty Nine: A Gift To Love
Chapter Thirty: Moments to Cherish
Chapter Thirty One: Revealing Affections
Chapter Thirty Two: From Me to You
Chapter Thirty Three: Stone Wars
Chapter Thirty Four: I'll Do Anything
Chapter Thirty Five: Pincer Attack
Chapter Thirty Six: Communication
Chapter Thirty Seven: Industrial Era
Chapter Thirty Eight: Steam Gorilla
Chapter Thirty Nine: Paper Promises
Chapter Forty: Negotiations
Chapter Forty One: Frontal Attack
Chapter Forty Two: Exchanges
Chapter Forty Three: Tag Team
Chapter Forty Four: 'Til Death Do Us Part
Chapter Forty Five: Perfectly Balanced
Before The New Arc Starts...
Chapter Forty Six: Treasured
Chapter Forty Seven: Man of Greed
Chapter Forty Eight: Whatever It Takes
Chapter Forty Nine: Cosplay
Chapter Fifty: Manipulating Flight and Food
Chapter Fifty One: Fields of Gold
Chapter Fifty Two: The Pro Chef
Chapter Fifty Three: Snapshot
Chapter Fifty Four: Message
Chapter Fifty Five: Dancing with Peril
Chapter Fifty Six: My Friend
Chapter Fifty Seven: Throughout the Year
Chapter Fifty Eight: The Journey Ahead
Chapter Fifty Nine: The Warrior
Chapter Sixty: Sin of Envy
Chapter Sixty One: Sciencey-Makeup
Chapter Sixty Two: Sleight of Hand

Chapter Twenty Three: The Taste of Science

1.5K 67 30
By ChemistryNoodle

23. The Taste of Science

4-30-2023

A/N: Sorry I posted this a little late! Got sick for few days! Chapter quality might be less than normal, but don't worry, there's a chapter I'm excited to show you guys coming up!

I think I'm gonna put questions at the beginning of each chapter because it's fun talking to you guys.

Q: Any other spring anime that you guys started/are watching besides Dr. Stone S3?

-----

A few days had passed after the fight with the Tsukasa Empire. You and Senku had to participate in rebuilding some of the homes that had burned down due to Homura and Haru's actions. Treating any injuries was also at the top of the list, making sure that all of the villagers were okay. It was a lot, but it helped improve your relationship with the rest of the villagers. Even the children had taken a liking to you whenever you'd visit their homes to check on whether their families needed help with anything.

"Play with us, (Y/N)! Play with us!"

You had sweat dripping down your temples as you nervously smiled. "Guys, I have to get to Senku...he might need my help. I can play with you later."

"Let us come with you then!" They cried.

You let out a sigh and smiled. "Okay, okay."

They all held each other's hands and grabbed yours as well, following you. They all headed to the warehouse, with you as the leader of the little group.

"Hey, hey, (Y/N), when are you gonna marry Senku?" One child piped up as they tugged at your clothes.

You whipped your head towards the kid who asked. "Huh?!"

All the children began to laugh and giggle as you stared at them with bewilderment. They started speaking over each other with smiles on their faces.

"Yeah, when are you gonna be married?"
"My mom says it's a tradition that the chief needs a wife to be the next priestess!"
"You guys are gonna be husband and wife, right?"

Sweat dripping down your temples, you hesitantly answered, "Uh...no. We're not...we are too busy planning and making inventions to fight off the Tsukasa Empire!"

"So, after we win, will you two get married?"

"No," you replied.

"But you like Senku, don't you?"

You closed your eyes and sighed with a tint of red on your cheeks. "I like Senku, but not in that way!"

"Liar!"
"You're lying!"
"Liar, liar, pants on fire!"

You raised your voice, "Okay, enough! I will think about it! Just please keep your mouth shut!"

All of you made it to your friends, who seemed to be having an important discussion. You quickly approached Senku, while the rest of the children excitedly joined Suika to listen to the scientist himself.

"You're late, slowpoke," said Senku with a smirk.

"Yeah, yeah, I got held up by a bunch of little brats." You shot a glare toward the kids and all they did was giggle at your gaze. "Anyways...what did I miss?"

"We are going to start our next invention! Since Tsukasa has an advantage in numbers, we're going to make humanity's greatest weapon!" The scientist proudly announced.

Gen spoke up, "Nukes...? I certainly hope not."

"Wrong! We're making cell phones! Yes, even in this stone world!" Senku declared.

While the villagers were extremely confused, you and Gen were surprised. Though, it seemed as though the mentalist had a mini, mental breakdown right then and there.

"That's beyond insane! Do you have any idea what you're saying?!" Gen cried out.

Sweat had dripped down your temples, and you had a nervous smile on your face. "I don't think he's talking about the ones we used to own...but it'd be pretty amusing if he did..."

"Back to the catchphrases, huh? Anyways, this is the most important piece of work we'll be doing. It is completely possible to create it," said the green-haired boy.

Kohaku spoke up, "Hold on! What is a 'cell phone'?!"

You and Gen decided to take the time to explain the concept of cell phones and the ability for you to have long-distance communication in the modern world. With every fact you both gave to them, the reactions were split between incredible disbelief and extreme interest.

"Sounds like sorcery to me!" cried Magma.

"How could such a thing ever exist?!" Kohaku questioned.

Chrome and Kaseki's eyes were wide open with excitement. "Holy crap! I wanna know how it works!"

"But these are weapons?" the blonde lioness added.

"Of course! Good communication can turn the tide of any battle! Say you send a mole into the enemy camp--they can feed you intel in real-time. If we coordinate this right, we can take down the Tsukasa Empire without spilling a drop of blood!" Senku explained to them.

Ginro stepped up and asked, "But who is our mole?"

You replied with a grin, "That has already been taken care of. Our moles are our friends, Taiju and Yuzuriha!"

You noticed that your green-haired friend had a soft smile on his face as he spoke to you, "Kukuku, that big oaf wanted a smartphone so badly, and now it's about to become a reality."

"Well, a phone... Minus the smart part," you snickered.

Another road map was created to make sure that every step of the phone was completed. It was a lot more than the other projects you've done, but it was enough to get some people excited.

"We can do it! I mean those sulfa drugs seemed bad at first, but we made that happen, right?" Chrome exclaimed.

Gen had sweat dripping down his head. "You people probably aren't aware so let me just say...this road map is chock-full of unthinkable things! Plastic? Really?"

You spoke up, "With Senku around, there's nothing unthinkable about it."

"Exactly. No matter how far-off something seems, we're ten billion bound to reach the goal if we follow the steps. That's how science works!" Senku confidently stated.

With that, everybody in the village got to work by heating up the new multiple ovens that were created in the midst of rebuilding the houses. It was easier for you to work together, thanks to you and Senku winning the villagers over.

"So, about these cell phones, you can talk to people who've crazy far away from you?! Too freakin' cool!" Chrome was too pumped up.

"Mind explaining how it works in simple terms?!" Kaseki joined in.

Both of them ganged up on you and Senku to get answers. The scientist had to shove them away just to give you both some space. "You two need to take it down a notch! Anyways, how voices are just vibrations in the air, so when you aim it into a diaphragm, it syncs up and shoots energy down the line..."

He continued to explain it in "simple terms" to them, adding how it goes through a vacuum and how it turns into radio waves. Though, the two village men didn't understand a single thing that Senku had said, only because he still used "high-IQ" terms. Even Gen didn't understand anything he said.

You let out a sigh. "Make it even more simple for them, Senku. What do we need to do first?"

"Sure. First up for this heavy-duty project is a cotton candy machine!" The green-haired boy declared.

You and Gen just stared at him with shock, thinking about something else. Only, you two had different reactions.

"Hm... so... the IQ level here just dropped a hundred points?" Gen awkwardly mumbled to himself.

"Cotton candy?!" You grabbed then mentalist by the shoulders and started shaking him rapidly. "We're actually going to have proper food! Sweet food, in fact!"

"I guess... you're not... entirely wrong, (Y/N)-chan!" The man replied between shakes.

As you waited, Chrome, Senku, and Kaseki were doing the heavy metal work in creating a device for the cotton candy machine. You patiently waited for the device to finish so you could get the taste of proper sweet food, nonetheless, candy. The scientist noticed that you were just staring at him as he worked.

"While we're making this, go to the village to get some sugar crystals for me, (Y/N), Gen," Senku instructed the both of you as he faced in your direction.

"Where do we get some?" You questioned him as you stood up from your spot. Over to the side, the mentalist had a little light bulb pop up over his head. A small smile appeared on his face as a mischievous thought had rolled through his mind.

Senku replied to you, "You should be able to find some in the jars of yam alcohol and mirin, the ones that Homura set on fire. After all, when you burn them down to practically nothing, they turn into sugar."

"Yes, yes, let's go, (Y/N)-chan! Can't keep Senku-chan waiting!" Gen happily answered.

He started pushing you away from him before you could answer back. You were trying to get back to the scientist for more details, but you felt as though Gen had something to say.

"Gen, what was that for? Do you have something to tell me?" You questioned the man.

"Well, I figured that this was the perfect time to start talking to you about your relationship with Senku-chan!" He blurted out. The mentalist shoved his face into yours, which caused you to back away. "I saw you two holding hands on the bridge, and then I saw your pinkies wrapped together before separating as you got to the village. What's the deal with the two of you?"

"First the kids, and now you?" You mumbled before letting out a large sigh. "Look, there's nothing between the both of us. We're just childhood friends."

"Childhood friends, huh? Usually, the childhood friend doesn't win in romance anime or dramas, but I'm rooting for you," he exclaimed as he shrugged his shoulders.

"Did you not hear what I said? I said there's nothing!" You groaned, then immediately declared, "He will never love another as long as science is in his heart."

Gen had sweat dripping down his temples as the two of you continued walking to the village. "That's pretty negative to think about. But you know, I think Senku-chan has somebody in his heart, and it's not just science."

"What, and it's me? Wow, you're a funny guy, Gen," you laced your words with sarcasm.

"I can hear the sarcasm in your voice, (Y/N)-chan, but you may have doubts later on," he said.

"Oh really?"

"Watch. I bet that when the cotton candy is done, he'll personally hand it to you last. After all, people save the best for last, just like how he saved the best katana for you," he snickered as he hid his grin behind his yukata sleeves.

With those words, a seed was planted into your mind. Now that you thought about it, Senku did give you the higher quality items of all of things he had made. In the past, he'd give you different types of technology he had created for your own entertainment or aid. In this new world, it was your wooden bokken and the katana he had made for you. Just like the bokken, he engraved your nickname onto the blade, as well as his own on the handle. You thought nothing of it before, as he usually labeled his creations to show it was his.

"You know, I've also seen how you two act together, and I haven't even been here long enough! Senku-chan is a big softie towards you. Meanwhile, you're acting like a teenager in love!" Gen started chucking. The mentalist knew exactly what he was doing.

Your face started to heat up. "Oh my God, shut up! How did you even come to that conclusion?! And I'm still a teenager, you know!"

"Maybe because of how you acted when Senku-chan barely touched your head after your Grand Bout match? You looked like you were completely touch-starved!" The mentalist had a teasing grin on his face the moment he said that. "Either you're super dense or you're denying your feelings!"

"You're literally basing this off of one event! There is nothing going on!" You yelled at him, and started running ahead to avoid his words. He was trying to get a rise out of you, and it was working.

You ran into the village and talked to some of the villagers about the jugs with the the ruined alcohol and mirin. Luckily, there was enough sugar crystals inside the jars, so you carried two of them back, and met up with Gen halfway.

"Avoiding me like how you're avoiding your feelings?" The mentalist lightly laughed.

"If you continue this, I will throw this pot at you," you threatened with furrowed eyebrows.

The man had a smile on his face as he held his hands up in defense. "Alright, I'll stop. But we will have another talk in the future, (Y/N)-chan."

The two of you walked back to the warehouse to see that Senku was done creating the cotton candy device. You placed the pots on the ground and walked up to the scientist, who was explaining how the device worked to your friends. It was metal pole connected to a circular base with holes around it.

"Ah, welcome back, slowpoke. I was just explaining about how centrifugal force will push strings of sugar out of these holes. That's how cotton candy will be made," he said. "Now, what do you think happens if we put gold in here?"

"Uh--"

Chrome immediately jumped into the conversation with enthusiasm, "We get ultra-thin gold wire!"

"Kukuku, ten billion points for you, Chrome."

Gen spoke up, "Seems like the conversation's IQ jumped back up while we were gone."

"Seems like it has." You nodded your head. "But we're doing a test with cotton candy to make sure we don't mess up the gold, right?"

"Another ten billion points, going to (Y/N) this time. This will be a trial run using the sugar crystals you got," the green-haired boy replied as he stuck a pinky in his ear.

You then helped Senku create a cotton candy stand, using wood to keep the contraption stable over a fire. Since there is no automated system to keep the device spinning, you had to wrap a long rope around it for the two sentries--Kinro and Ginro--to pull it back and forth with their physical ability. As it was over the fire, the sugar had melted and the force the boys had put into it started turning the sugar into string.

The scientist started taking a few sticks and putting it into the device, allowing the cotton candy to form around it. He handed one to you and started speaking, "Give this to every person here. In this stone world, in a world lacking proper sweets, cotton candy surpasses all logic or reason, and provides delight that'll blow their minds!"

You nodded, then started handing out the candy with a smile on your face. You noticed that many of them were hesitant to try it at first.

"Wow! So fluffy!" Kohaku, Ruri, and Suika cried out with joy as you gave them their batch of cotton candy. The lioness immediately went to her father and handed the candy to him. "This feels as if I'm melting right down to my core!"

When the previous chief had eaten it, he had the same exact expression on his face. He was completely enamored by the taste, which pushed other villagers to eat it. It was as though it was a scene from a certain cooking anime. As you watched them, you went over to Senku's side, who had a proud smile on his face.

"Look at how happy they are, eating sugar for the first time. Kinda reminds me of when we ate cotton candy at the summer festival for the first time," you told him with a small grin on your face.

"Nostalgic, isn't it? Here's yours." The boy then pulled out one more cotton candy batch, and held it up for you to take.

"I bet that when the cotton candy is done, he'll personally hand it to you last."

You were slightly dumbfounded, and slowly took it from his hands. You put the cotton candy against your face to cover the small amount of embarassment you had, but took a bite. It was soft and sweet, and it melted against your tongue. You then took a quick glance at him as he was eating, and you noticed that he was staring with a gentle look in those wine-colored eyes of his. You avoided his gaze quickly, then noticed Gen in the corner of your eye. He had the most obnoxious grin on his face, which caused you to furrow your eyebrows and give him your most annoyed expression.

"How is it?" Senku questioned you.

You replied as you looked back at him, "It tastes like normal cotton candy. You haven't tried it yet?"

"Nah. Might as well try it now then," he said, then leaned towards you to get a bite of your candy.

Heat rushed up your face as he swallowed his bitten portion. "Why couldn't you just make yourself your own batch, Senku?!"

"What? It'll be a waste if I don't finish it. Can't have wasted food in this world! Besides, this is good!" He replied as he licked the rest of the sugar on his lips.

"Ohhh, we really ought to be grateful to Homura-chan. The fires she started with Haru-chan gave us the ingredients we needed for this!" Gen exclaimed as he approached the two of you.

The scientist stayed quiet for a few seconds, then replied, "Gen, what sort of woman is Homura?"

The question that he had asked raised many ears. Ginro was the first to approach him with a sly grin on his face. The girls in the village also had an ear out, while the blonde started elbowing his head as he asked, "What?! Is old Senku finally showing a little interest in a lady, despite having one right here?! I guess (Y/N) isn't your type then, rather, a fiery type is?"

Chrome and Kohaku came up to your side with deadpanned expressions on your face. The brunette replied, "No. I'm pretty sure that's not the case."

The lioness added, "You really don't know Senku at all."

The green-haired boy had mumbled in an annoyed tone, "I'm not interested in just any woman, idiot. (Y/N), you know why I'm asking in the first place?"

You let out a small sigh and spoke, "The only reason why he is asking is because I bet that Homura is keeping an eye on us."

Gen added, "There's no doubt. She's the only one Hyoga-chan trusts to begin with. Small chance little Haru-chan might be with her, but I doubt they're old enough and capable of staying in their lonesome for a while."

This caused the entire village, especially Ginro, to stay silent with surprise. The boy then wondered, "She's watching us?! Even now?!"

"I wouldn't be surprised. She'll be close enough to know right away if we start to mobilize in a big way. That way, they'd be able to chase us down if the whole village decided to make a run for it," replied the scientist.

Kokuyo added his piece to the conversation, "Relocating would be hard, since we need to start stocking up for winter soon. Plus, we've got old folks who probably couldn't make the trip."

His lioness daughter replied, "Abandon our elders? Be on the run for the rest of our days? There isn't a single person in this village who would entertain such cowardly thoughts!"

You looked around to see Ginro sweating profusely from his temples. You knew exactly what he was thinking, but said nothing, as he was a coward.

Gen put his hands together and started, "Homura-chan has the most utmost respect for Hyoga-chan, though. If his order was to monitor us, she's the type to obey. So, I doubt she'll cause us any trouble. At the same time, winning her over to our side is hopeless."

You put a hand to your chin and began to think. "What if we gave her some cotton candy?"

"Kukuku, I was thinking the same thing," replied Senku.

This caused some of the villagers to be confused, but they didn't oppose your decision. You went into the forest with Senku and Kinro to help set up a small cotton candy stand before it turned dark, then left the treat with a sign.

"If this Homura is monitoring us, word of our cotton candy should reach the Tsukasa Empire...kukuku, sweets are a powerful incentive. It might just get some of them to switch sides," the scientist released an evil chuckle.

"As underhanded as ever, I'm in awe, actually," Gen told him.

"You're no different, Gen. You literally abandoned Tsukasa for a bottle of cola," you mentioned as you crossed your arms.

"Don't call me out like that, (Y/N)-chan!"

Ruri, who was with your group, jumped in, "There's a strategic element to this. But that's not all it is... since we went through the trouble anyways in the spirit of sharing why not give some to that girl all alone out there? That's how I saw it."

You had a small smile on your face. "Ah, who wouldn't miss the taste of proper sweets in a world like this?"

"You read my mind, slowpoke."

-To be Continued-

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

493 43 9
senku / reader ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ If love took the form of a door, Senku would never leave. If love took the form of spring, you would be kissin...
38.8K 1.4K 87
Dr. Stone but with a twist. Some things might change, drastically or mildly. Jk I'm just doing this for fun 😂 The storyline follows the anime and a...
551K 17.9K 44
Childhood friends that has never been separated even through the stone age... (Y/n) and Senku have been friends ever since her older brother, Taiju...
40.5K 1.3K 46
Y/n has always been looked at differently for who her father is. Even after her father died she was still treated terribly. When she gets to UA, all...