Mazes Of Red

nevcau tarafından

Red hood story Read first page for more information I do not own any of the DC characters I do however own th... Daha Fazla

blurb
character list
CHAPTER 1 : Big Bad World
CHAPTER 2 : Jason Todd
CHAPTER 3 : Busted
CHAPTER 5 : Good Morning Sunshine
CHAPTER 6 : No I Didn't Miss You
CHAPTER 7 : Learning To Laugh
CHAPTER 8: Suspicions
CHAPTER 9 : Peace
CHAPTER 10 : shadows unveiled P1
CHAPTER 11 : shadows unveiled P2
CHAPTER 12 : Fancy Pants
CHAPTER 13: Shock Horror
CHAPTER 14 : Big Bruce Wayne
CHAPTER 15 : Steps For The Future
CHAPTER 16 : Hard Work Makes A Life
CHAPTER 17 : ROBIN
CHAPTER 18 : Robin P2
CHAPTER 19 : Double Life
CHAPTER 20 : Playing Problem Solver
CHAPTER 21 : I Choose To Stand With You
CHAPTER 22 : The Amazing First Boy Wonder
CHAPTER 23: Lighting The Shadows Of Rivalry
CHAPTER 24 : Bubble Goes The Drama Of Life
CHAPTER 25: The Bubbles Stop
CHAPTER 26 : Tracking Shadows
CHAPTER 27: Echoes In Ashes
CHAPTER 28 : Echoes Of Lose Healing
CHAPTER 29 : Bump Goes The Night
CHAPTER 30 : Dance Of Familiarity
CHAPTER 31: Confrontation Unfolds
CHAPTER 32 : Stalk Of The Night
CHAPTER 33 : Worlds Do Collide
CHAPTER 34 : Don't Make Me Laugh
CHAPTER 35 : Stitches And Secrets.
CHAPTER 36: Termoil
CHAPTER 37 : Fragile

CHAPTER 4 : Sleepy Daze

16 0 0
nevcau tarafından

JASON TODD POV

I watch as Gotham wizzes past in its beautiful flurry of colors my anticipation gnawing at my brain.

the bat mobile stays silent with the occasional radio crackle informing of yet another crime in progress.

I huff out air loud enough to try and catch the big bats attention giving him side glances to see if it worked.

I huff again shrugging my shoulders slightly but don't get a reaction from the dark knight.

" where are you taking us?" I finally grumble glaring daggers into the back of the bats head.

batman quickly glances at me then at Lauren.

" somewhere " he replies curtly with no interest.

"that still doesn't answer my question" I grumble under my breath to myself.

I sigh and cross my arms a scowl on my face as I promptly lean the side of my head back on the window once again to the dark streets of Gotham.

my eyes drift to the reflection of Lauren that sits in the corner of the window I Feel my heart beat a little faster.

she has her eyes closed her body curled up in her seat her head moves about the window ledge her head sits on making her grumble slightly in her sleep.

I roll my eyes and shake my head how could she fall asleep in a time like this.

"what's your friends name" comes the startlingly low voice of batman.

"why should I tell you?" I question my voice defensive my body pricking up with height.

I couldn't tell but I'm sure I saw the bat roll his white shielded eyes.

" because" is all the bat tells me heaving a sigh.

I look at Lauren who sleeps softly with a mixed feeling.

should I really tell him? what if something bad happens?

" if I tell you...." I start my voice hesitant as I spare the back of the bats head a glance " promise nothing bad will happen to her" I threaten this last bit my eyes never leaving Laurens sleeping figure.

even though I have known this girl for a few hours I've come fond of her and feel an unexplainable need to protect her and make sure she is happy.

" you have my word " batman responded turning to give me a quick glance and hold his hand back extended out towards me a sign of concealment.

I take his leather hand and shake it.

" her name is Lauren Hampton she's 11 years old and that's all I know so far" I recall to him looking down at my fingers that now unconsciously fiddle together.

batman hums in reply and types Laurens name into a computer screen positioned in the consol.

a picture of Lauren pops up along with all her personal details.

I try to not nose at the information on the screen fighting with the urge inside me to look up from my lap.

this urge takes over and I soak in all the details about the mysterious girl displayed on the screen.

wow she lives a 30 minutes away from me.

she goes to a school not far from where we are now. Gotham priory.

her dads a defense lawyer cool.

oh.....

my eyes peel away from the screen and soften in sadness as I look at her then back at the screen.

the bat mobile stops outside a set of Apartments that were light up by the dim street lights.

my first impression was that it had seen better days. The exterior was unremarkable and somewhat drab, with faded paint and a few missing tiles on the roof.

still it was way better than my place.

"wake your friend" the bat instructs me his whole body now turned to look at me and Lauren in the back seat.

I nod and gently shake the girl beside me "Lauren" I whisper shout.

she doesn't stir or make a noise making me huff.

"Lauren" I raise my voice and shake her harder but still no reply.

I deadpan to face batman who has been watching with clear amusement.

I gesture at her then at him as if to say " YOU TRY"

the bat gently shakes Lauren and repeats her name.

she stays asleep.

" god she's a heavy sleeper" I say in irritation.

"yes she is " the bat agrees with a sigh as he gets out the bat mobile.

he pulls the seat forward and shakes her with a lot of force.

we both sigh in defeat when she doesn't wake up.

"looks like one of us has to carry her BAGGIES NOT IT" I tell the bat flatly with a sigh only to shout the last part as I undo my belt and turn away.

the bat grumbles and removes Lauren from the seat carrying her bridal style to which she stays dead asleep and even snuggles up a bit more.

I snort at this thinking about how I will so tease her about this.

"shut the door and help me take her inside" the bat firmly instructs as he strides towards the apartment.

"yeah yeah whatever" I reply boredly to myself as I shut the door and lumber along to catch up with him.

the closer I got to the building the more I noticed that despite its dingy appearance, the building was surprisingly clean.

we enter the dimly lit lobby, which smelled faintly of disinfectant. The linoleum floors were scuffed and worn, but they had clearly been swept and mopped recently. The walls were a bland beige color, with a few scuff marks here and there, but they were free of graffiti or other unsightly markings.

I dawdle behind and take in the clean sights only to be interrupted.

" come on " batman urges glancing over his shoulder as he makes his way to the stairs.

We took the stairs up to the second floor, my footsteps echoing in the stairwell. The steps creaked slightly under my weight, but they felt sturdy enough.

As I walked down the hallway, I saw that each door was numbered and had a small brass nameplate affixed to it.

batman stops in front of a dull brown color, with a peephole and a simple doorknob.

I look at the door then back at batman wondering why we are still waiting around.

"Gonna knock" I question cockily my eyebrow raised as I fold my arms in front my chest.

"no ones home check her pockets for a key" batman relays all his instructions in a quick manner.

"you do it your the one holding her" I respond like a smart ass as I roll my eyes.

"exactly now check her pockets" batman tells me with a obvious tone.

I grumble and kick my foot as i search Laurens pockets for a key.

"BOOM" I announce as I jingle the keys in my fingers.

I put the keys into the door and push it open to reveal the inside.

(This is how I imagine the floor plan not the apartment)

The apartment was small and cozy, with a lived-in feel. The furniture was a mishmash of styles and colors, but it was all clean and in good condition.

The walls were painted a bland crème and a few framed pictures of Lauren and her family hung on the walls, adding a personal touch.

I walk first into the apartment and batman follows behind closing the door with his foot as he shifts Lauren into a better grip.

I pace around looking at all pictures and other trinkets around the house.

I move deeper into the apartment and find the kitchen it is compact but functional confined to a small room separating the living room from the living room, with a small stove, a fridge, and a sink.

The counters were clean and clutter-free, and the cabinets were neatly organized.

A small table and two chairs were tucked into the corner near a window over from the kitchen door, providing a cozy spot for a meal.

I open and close doors finding the bathroom and other storage.

I stumble into a room as I open the stiff door and walk straight back out awkwardly as I discover the figure lying prone on the bed.

It was a laurens dad.

sprawled out on his back with his arms and legs akimbo. He was clearly unconscious, his chest rising and falling in a slow, rhythmic pattern.

The room smelled strongly of alcohol, and empty bottles littered the floor.

i grimaced at the smell and sight.

A half-empty glass sat on the nightstand, the liquid within it long since evaporated. It was clear that this man had been drinking heavily, and had finally succumbed to the effects of the alcohol.

His face was slack, his features slackened by the unconsciousness that had overtaken him.

His hair was tousled and damp with sweat, and his clothes were rumpled and stained.

There was a slight snore emanating from his open mouth, a sound that was at once repulsive and pitiable.

As I looked at the man, I couldn't help but wonder about his life.

What had driven him to drink so heavily?

to try and find comfort in the bottom of a bottle?

What demons did he struggle with?

And what secrets did he keep hidden from the world?

I slowly and quietly back out the room and shut the door letting out a breath I didn't know I held in.

I turn to open the only door I hadn't opened yet beside me.

I walked into the small bedroom, and my eyes immediately landed on the bed, which was unmade and covered in a jumble of crumpled sheets and blankets.

A pillow was on the floor, as if it had been thrown there in frustration. Clothes were strewn haphazardly across the room, with shirts and jeans piled in a corner and a pair of socks lying on the desk.

The walls of the room were a plain off-white color, with no adornment save for a few nail holes where posters or pictures might have once hung.

save a few posters of favorite bands and artists vied for space with inspirational quotes and photos of friends and family of Laurens.

The window was covered by a pair of faded curtains that were drawn shut, casting the room in a dim, murky light provided by a simple lamp and string lights

The desk sat across from the door was a mess of papers, books, and pens, with no discernible order or system to the chaos.

A half-empty water bottle sat precariously on the edge of the desk, threatening to spill its contents onto the scattered notes below.

batman enters the room beside me and places Lauren on her bed she lets out a content sigh and scrunches into a ball.

I chuckle to myself shaking my head.

"lets get going" batman quietly says as he give the room a one over look and walks towards the door.

"give me a minute" I ask in the politest tone I could possible manage.

batman gives me a quick nods and shows five fingers signifying I have 5 minutes and leaves.

I walk over to the desk and scramble to find a pen and blank piece of paper.

I magically find some and scribble a number on it with my name under it.

I hastily place it on a night stand next to her bed tripping on clothes as I do.

along with her keys and make my towards the door.

"bye weirdo" i whisper as i close the door.

AUTHORS NOTE

hope you enjoyed this chapter.

byeeee

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

9.9K 155 17
My idea of the batfamily and what would happen their will be some kissing but nothing "bad" and their is some abuse in this story just saying i do...
39.8K 681 17
I do not own any of the characters only the plot.
151K 4.3K 70
This story is based on the characters created by the Movie Avengers. I don't have any rights to these characters, it's all from Marvel. This is str...
45.7K 1K 68
I wanted to do a Merle story since there are loads of stories about Daryl and hardly any about Merle. Also I like Merle. It's gonna start before the...