Shameless | JJK

By starcrossedpjm

in which jungkook shamelessly flirts with soyeon in order to make her break up with her toxic boyfriend. © s... More

Shameless | JJK
i. Intro
ii. Strange
iii. Tear
iv. Eyes
vi. Call
vii. Mess
viii. Moon
ix. Winter
x. Crazy
xi. Dream
xii. Charity
xiii. Chaos
xiv. Violent
xv. Stars
xvi. Secret
xvii. Right
xviii. Hopelessly
xix. Fond

v. Him

121 4 0
By starcrossedpjm

"HE SAID WHAT?"

Soyeon draped her arm over her forehead as she lay on her back on the carpeted floor of her dorm, surrounded by her concerned best friends in the middle of hearing an engaging story by the dramatically sorrowful girl.

"I don't want to repeat it," Soyeon exasperated. Horang had just returned from her morning lab, scattering her items across her desk as she silently listened to Soyeon. Eunjin hovered over Soyeon with her belly on her bed, her eyebrows furrowed deeply.

"So," Eunjin cleared her throat, leaning onto her elbows. "Basically, Jungkook, the guy who lives on our floor that you met only a few days ago, pledged to you, that he was going to make you dump your toxic boyfriend?"

"Yeah."

"That's the hottest thing I've ever heard."

Soyeon made a noise of confusion as she tore her arm away from her face, looking up at Eunjin's upside-down bewildered features. "Eunjin—Horang, what do you think?"

Horang shrugged as she jumped onto her bed, slipping a hoodie on. "I think it's sweet. But why can't you just break up with him? Why does he think he's the only one who could do it? Like he's your savior, or something? Please."

The girl on the floor sighed, facing the ceiling once more. "It's complicated."

"Show me his Instagram again," Eunjin held her hand out, waving it impatiently until Soyeon finally handed her the phone with Jungkook's Instagram page glowing on the screen.

jungkookie_

Liked by kim.nj and others
jungkookie__ 🐶 x 2

View all 7 comments
...

jungkookie__

Liked by parkjimin and others
jungkookie__ bob ross ahjussi

View all 4 comments
...

"He's kind of a catch," Eunjin admitted, continuing to scroll through.

jungkookie__

Liked by seokjin and others
jungkookie__ 💦

View all 9 comments
...

She gasped. "Shit. Fuck. Shit, Soyeon, I accidentally liked his post."

Soyeon shot up faster than an soldier at the sight of a grenade, leaping toward Eunjin to grasp her phone out of her hand, where Jungkook's post was up, the heart in the corner filled in red. She hurriedly unliked it with several words of profanity shoving out of her mouth. "Eunjin, this is from five weeks ago! Are you fucking kidding me? I can never see him again."

"Don't be so dramatic, that's still pretty fresh."

"I would totally kill you right now, but I have to go to class," Soyeon grumbled and shoved her phone in her back pocket, picking up her backpack that was already packed to go.

"Is it the one with Jungkook?" Horang asked, laying back onto her pillow.

"No. That one's later."

"Tell Jungkook I said hi!" exclaimed Eunjin as Soyeon made it to the door, nearly slamming it on the way out in response.

-

Soyeon internally cringed as she heard the seat next to her in her dreaded music class creak under the weight of the boy she also dreaded to see, in his usual all-black attire, his hair styled nicely, as always, except in his hands were not one, but two cups of coffee, one of which he placed right in front of Soyeon.

"Hey," he said, as casual as ever. "How did you sleep last night?"

Soyeon blinked as he got settled, taking his laptop out of his backpack. "Fine."

"I got you coffee," he said, pointing at the beige cup in front of her. "Do you like caramel lattes?"

"Yeah," she mumbled, slowly grasping onto the warm cup. "How did you know?"

"I asked Hoseok-hyung," he smiled at her, the shiny lip-ring on his bottom lip wiggling as a result of his pride.

"Thanks," Soyeon chuckled through her nose. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were trying to make me fall in love with you."

Oh, my God, Soyeon, shut the fuck up. Shut up right now.

"Sure," Jungkook nodded, opening his laptop and comfortably leaning back onto the chair. "If that's what it takes for you to break up with your boyfriend."

Soyeon froze just before putting her coffee to her lips. "Jungkook," she was about to scold, but Jungkook beat her to it by giving her the most innocent glance she had ever seen in her life.

"I was serious, you know?" he said. "You need him out of your life."

She tilted her head at him. "And how would you know what I need?"

"I guess I'll find out," he smirked. She scowled. "Seems like you had fun stalking my Instagram this morning. Find anything interesting? Particularly my boxing videos?"

Soyeon nearly choked on her coffee, though not because it was hot, but because Jungkook quickly transformed back into his cocky self. "I wasn't stalking you."

"You're cute when you lie. I saw the notification," he giggled, sitting up when the professor began to turn on the projector screen that usually signaled the start of class. "By the way, I have a small show tonight at a bar, and you should come. I'll text you the address. Just give me your phone number?"

Soyeon whispered as the other students began to quite down. "Real smooth. But I guess I'll go," she said. "Just know that my phone number isn't a one way ticket to my heart."

"I know. Maybe tonight I'll woo you. Who knows what the future holds?"

With their intense staredown, class had officially begun.

Unknown
hey
this is jungkook :)
here's the address!
link attached

soyeon
oh, i know that bar
i go there often

jeon jungkook
really? i perform there sometimes

soyeon
can i bring my roommates?

jeon jungkook
of course!!
mine r coming too
so r hoseok-hyung and namjoon-hyung
and yoongi-hyung and others

soyeon
wow pretty small crowd for a show

jeon jungkook
hey i said others >:(
what are u wearing tonight?

soyeon
wouldn't you like to know

jeon jungkook
i really would
i need something to fuel my excitement for tonight other than just seeing u

soyeon
don't get your hopes up kid

jeon jungkook
too late

soyeon
what time's it at?

jeon jungkook
around 8 pm
anyways i gtg im rehearsing!
see you soon :)

soyeon
yup

Soyeon huffed as she looked up from her bed, throwing her phone onto her stomach. "Guys. Come with me to a bar tonight."

Eunjin hummed, while Horang threw her head over her shoulder with an incredulous look. "It's Wednesday, and the start of the term."

"You don't have to drink," Soyeon said before taking a deep breath. "Jungkook's inviting me to his show and I don't want to be there alone."

"Jungkook? You mean the guy you seemed so hellbent on avoiding? And you're going to his show?" Eunjin teased. "Wait, what kind of show? He isn't some sort of stripper, is he?"

"No! He sings. Sometimes. Just please come with me?"

"I'll go if Horang goes," said Eunjin, leaning back onto her pillow with her phone in her hand.

"What—" Horang sighed, rolling her head back, the pencil previously in a tight grip in her hand falling onto her formula painted notebooks. "Fine. You're paying for the Uber, though."

Approximately three hours later, the three girls stepped out of the Uber, politely thanking the driver who had to endure the intense rant provided by Horang about the discomfort of her tight skirt, borrowed from Eunjin who had to constantly remind Horang of her closet full of only jeans and t-shirts.

This was all the while Soyeon sat by the window, staring out of it blankly with her knees bouncing at the thought of having to see Jungkook in an environment other than school, to have to meet his roommates and be dressed in such vulgar fashion in front of him. Although the mini satin dress she wore was not technically that vulgar, it was a contrast to her usual conservative fashion and it made her constantly pull the silky ends over her exposed thighs.

They could hear faint music coming from the bar as they walked in, the need for a bouncer absent due to the fact it was quite a smaller bar-slash-club in town, which was precisely the reason Soyeon went there quite often on her free nights. The bar counter area was glowing beige as usual, with the open dance area in front of the stage displaying a purple and blue tint from the stagelights.

There was a microphone and band equipment set up, but nobody occupied any position. Soyeon let out a small sigh of relief. Jungkook's performance hadn't started yet.

As her eyes continued to travel, she spotted Hoseok, talking to a few guys whose backs faced her, though she recognized Namjoon and Yoongi, though not the three other boys. It seemed as though he noticed her at the same time, as their eyes had met and his smile grew widely, his hand coming up to wave her over.

Soyeon made her way toward them, navigating through some of the other bar goers, seeing Yoongi and Namjoon's heads turning at her arrival. "Soyeon! You came?"

"Yeah, I was invited," she said as Hoseok pulled her in for a quick hug, bidding Yoongi and Namjoon a quick greeting, reciprocated quickly as they held their drinks in their hands.

"Did you come here alone?" Hoseok asked.

"No, I'm here with my roommates," she smiled at him, and soon after, Eunjin and Horang walked up to them, Eunjin's arm intertwined with the unenthusiastic girl closely.

"Hey! Speaking of roommates," Hoseok pointed at the two of the three unrecognizable boys next to Yoongi. "These are Jungkook's roommates, Jimin and Taehyung."

Jungkook's roommates. Soyeon pondered as she smiled at them. She wondered if Jungkook had told them about her crying in their room the other night.

"And that's Seokjin-hyung," Hoseok finished off by introducing the last, taller man she didn't know either.

Eunjin's face lit up as she sent a friendly smile toward Taehyung and Jimin. "That's right! I've seen you guys around. I'm Eunjin, this is Horang."

"You live on our floor, right?" Taehyung asked.

"Yeah, crazy, small world," Eunjin giggled as she intertwined her free hand into Soyeon's arm, caged in between the two girls.

Jimin, standing next to Taehyung, would have politely spoken up, if it not were for the girl by Eunjin's side, standing so indifferently yet so beautiful despite the painfully fake smile on her petite face that was compelling for his deep brown eyes. If this wasn't love at first sight, well, Jimin would just have to assume that he had heart problems.

"Do you know when Jungkook's going up?" Soyeon asked Hoseok, who took a glance at the shiny watch on his wrist.

"Should be anytime soon—"

"There he is!" Namjoon exclaimed and pointed at the small stage, where Jungkook had indeed stepped forward, into the stoplight. The band members were attending to their instruments, with Jungkook fixing the microphone that was not yet turned on. 

Soyeon took a minute to stare at him. He wore a black button up that exposed some of his toned chest. His sleeves were rolled up to reveal the array of tattoos on his right arm, fingers cladded with silver rings that matched his earrings. The tight shirt fit into his slacks that hugged his small waist, his boots adding an inch to his already tall height.

With every bar attendee's attention on Jungkook and Jungkook alone, Soyeon let out the breath she was holding, crossing her arms patiently. But a sort of cold sweat washed over her. When did it get so hot in here?

The lights dimmed, allowing Jungkook to be the main attraction in the bar as he neared the microphone, placing his hand on it, almost placing his lips against it as his voice filled in the room.

"That faint voice of yours that grazed me... Please call my name one more time."

Soyeon tilted her head. It sounded a bit familiar, as if she had heard it before—

"I'm standing still under the frozen light, but I will walk towards you, step by step..."

Holy shit. Soyeon's heart dropped. The honey-like, smooth, airy voice that made her world stop the very first time she heard that voice.

Except, this was not the first time she heard it.

"Still with you."

It's him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

361K 17K 53
Taehyung and Jungkook are childhood bestfriends. They love to hang out with each other. Night outs, parties , sleep over they are never alone. Taehy...
7.3K 603 26
in which a girl wakes up on the 11th of april everyday with the same events reoccurring until kim seokjin starts to show up. © starcrossedpjm 2021...
88.9K 2.2K 19
"Babe, meet my bestfriend! Y/N, this is my girlfriend!" Oh, fuck this shit. .///. 2017 | SUCKMAHAGUSTDICK. JEON JUNGKOOK X READER. UNDER EDITING | KA...
492K 15.3K 38
When a playboy meets innocent Jungkook and became his roommate in their school dorm.✨ Story gets better and better, I promise❤️ update as soon as pos...