The Jerk and I (Editing)

By bunnypig

Beatrice "Trish" Sanders. Kevin John Peterson She's that "nerd." He's that "popular jerk." She's Miss Smarty... More

The Jerk and I
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Christmas Special (:
Chapter 21
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Is It a Love Square?
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
I Fell In Love With My Best Friend
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue
SEQUEL!!

Chapter 30

23K 276 20
By bunnypig

Sorry for the super late update. My laptop charger broke and I had to buy a new one. Heh. & thanks for the massive support on the last chapter! 100+ votes ^__^ Yay!

Hope you enjoy it! Sad to say, but I think The Jerk and I is ending soon. :’(

PLEASE CHECK OUT MY NEW STORY 'I FELL IN LOVE WITH MY BEST FRIEND' (: 

Please don’t forget to VOTE/Comment/Follow/VOTE!

 Previously…

“Let’s take the risk.”

“I’m not risking your safety or your future Trish.”

“I took the risk of falling for you. I took the risk of saying ‘yes’ to you. I took the risk of loving you. I’ve taken so much risks Kevin. I think I can take one more risk.”

“Do you love me?”

“Of course! Why would you ask that?”

“Then take the risk Kevin. I’m willing to take the risk just to be with you.”

“I’m taking the risk with you. I’m not losing you again.”

“I love you.”

We walked into the ball room and when Chris saw me he smiled at both of us knowingly.

________________________________

Chris’ POV

I saw Kevin pull Trish out of the ball room after they had their King and Queen Dance. I guess I wouldn’t have to trick Trish into talking to him now. I’m happy that he finally had the guts to talk to her and stop bushing around.

I was sitting in our table while the guys went to dance with random girls since Trish ditched us. “Hey Chris.” I looked up to see Rayna smiling at me.

“Hey Ray.” I said smiling at her.

Ray’s pretty hot; I’ve hooked up with her a couple of times, but that was just it. She wasn’t the clingy type, and she knew that I wasn’t looking for anything.

“Why are you alone? No date?” she asked.

“The guys and I decided not to ask anyone. We all wanted to go with Trish. She said yeah and was here with us, but ended up ditching us, and the guys ditched me here to go dance with random girls.” I said chuckling.

She smiled and laughed a little. She stood up and grabbed my hand pulling me up. “Let’s dance.” she said grinning.

We walked to the dance floor and when we got to the middle, she placed her arms around my neck and I placed my hands on her waist. We moved swayed to the slow song and just stared at each other. “What are you thinking about?” she asked.

I shrugged my shoulders and smiled. “I never noticed how beautiful you were.” I said honestly.

She looked down and blushed. “You’re not bad yourself.” she said looking up at me. “So…did you finally tell Trish?” she asked.

After hooking up a couple of times, I finally told Ray how I felt about Trish. She kept quiet though and just listened. “No.” I answered.

She looked up at me and asked, “Why not? I thought you like her?” she asked.

I smiled as I said, “If being with Kevin makes her happy, then I’m happy. She’s my best friend and I always want her to be happy.”

“So you’re not going to go after her?” she asked hopefully.

I shook my head and she smiled; she looked relieved. Why does she look relived though? “Why?” I asked curios as to why she kept asking about Trish.

“Not-nothing.” she stuttered looking back down at the ground. She dropped her arms and pulled away. I looked at her confused. “I have to go.” she said rushing away out the doors. I ran after and caught her arm and spun her around.

“Why’d you run away?” I asked picking her face up. I was shocked when I saw her eyes beginning to tear up. “Did I say something? Or do anything?” I asked.

“No.” she said turning away ready to walk away again, but I spun her around again. “Can you stop doing that.” she said irritated. What the hell did I do?

“Why are you running away? What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Nothing’s wrong. I just need to go.”

“Not until you tell me why.” I said still holding her hand.

“Chris, do you ever think you’d get over Trish?” she asked. I stared at her confused. Why would she ask that?

“Yeah, but it’ll take some time I guess.” I said shrugging.

“Then talk to me when you’re over her.” she said, a tear falling.

I stepped closer to her and felt the urge to hug her, but I didn’t know why. I whipped the tear that fell from her eyes. I cupped her face and stared at her as she left her eyes closed. After a minute, she stepped back and my hand dropped. “Don’t.” she whispered.

“What’s wrong? Just tell me damit!” I said.

“You wanna know what’s wrong? What’s wrong is that I fell for you! That’s what’s wrong. I kept telling myself that it was just about sex, but then I realized that I started falling for you. I know it’s wrong because you like Trish, but…I don’t know.” she said whipping away a tear. “I guess it’s because I got to see a different side of you that most girls don’t get to see. I got to see your sweet side and I guess I fell for you.”

I stood there shocked, not knowing what to say. What do I say? Instead of saying anything, I pulled her closer and kissed her. After a few seconds, she started to respond. We pulled away at the same time and she just stared at the ground. I picked her face up and stared into her eyes. Hurt and hope was what I saw.

“You should’ve told me from the beginning. I know how much it must’ve hurted you to listen to me talk about another girl. I’m sorry.”

She gave me a small smile and said, “You don’t have to be sorry. It’s my fault; I knew what I was getting myself into. I’ll see you around.” she said walking away.

I watched her walk away, but an empty feeling hit me when she was a good distance away. I had the sudden urge to run after her and just hold her. So I did just that. I wasn’t losing another person I care about.

“I don’t think I can lose you.” I whispered. “I know I said I was getting over Trish, but I don’t want to see you leave. I know it’s selfish of me to ask, but can you wait till I’m completely over her?” I asked, surprising both her and I.

She nodded her head and smiled. “I promise it won’t take long.” I said.

We talked for awhile and then decided to go back into the ball room. We sat at my table and talked with guys. I looked away from her and saw Trish and Kevin walk into the door hand in hand. She met my gaze and I smiled knowingly at her. I was glad that she was with Kevin again, a little hurt, but I was moving on.

Trish’s POV

It’s been weeks since prom. So many things happened that night. I found out a couple of days ago that Chris was now with Rayna Jansen, one of the cheerleaders. She’s nice I guess; she wasn’t one of those bitchy ones. AND she actually accepts that Chris and I are best friends. She also doesn’t mind it, which makes me like her 10 times more.

Angela finally talked to her dad. She threatened to leave him if he forced her to still marry Kevin. After talking some sense into him, he finally agreed to stop the engagement. I couldn’t stop laughing when Sam told me that she told her that she was going to elope with Sam. Sam freaked out and Angela’s dad panicked.

I was sitting under the tree just thinking to myself when a little kid ran up to me and handed me a balloon. “Who gave you this?” I asked him.

He smiled at me and shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know his name, but he gave me dollar to give this to you.” He said while waving the dollar he received in front of my face.

I smiled at his cuteness. “Bye.” he said while running back to the playground.

I looked at the balloon and smiled once I saw the message written on it. ‘Do you have any raisins? How about a date?’ I shook my head at the cheesy line.

I looked up to see a grinning Kevin walking towards me. I shook my head at him, but couldn’t hide the smile that crept up my face once again. “Hmm. I think you get cheesier day by day.” I said.

“You love cheesy. Admit it.” He said smirking. I wasn’t going to deny it, because I found it really cute whenever he made up pick up lines. “And about that date.” He said.

“Oh, I have raisins don’t worry. No need for dates.” I said winking at him.

He picked me up and spun me around making me laugh. “You know that’s not what I meant.”

“I know.” I said still laughing. “But my answer is yes.” I smiled at him and decided to say my own pick up line. I stared at him for a while and grinned. “If I had a garden, I’d put your two lips and my two lips together.” (Get it, two lips – tulips?)

He threw his head back laughing and I started laughing too. “Just say you want to kiss me.” He whispered before kissing me softly.

“Let’s go. Sam messaged me asking to meet him at the mall.” I said walking away.

“Hey you’re forgetting something!” he said standing at where he stood earlier.

“What?” I asked turning around.

“Me!” he grinned. I shook my head while laughing.

He ran towards me and started walking with me. He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers together. Before getting to his car he said, “On a scale 1 to 10, you’re a 9. I’m the 1 you need.” He grinned.

I laughed as we got into his car. “Okay Mr. Suave, enough with the pickup lines.”

He nodded his head and drove off. 

I didn't really know what to do w/ Chris, & I didn't want him being alone :3 

How was it? Good I hope. Well Goodnight! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31K 580 23
It has been four years since Evie found out she was pregnant with Harry's baby. Sequel to Hook Me.
121K 4.3K 32
Aren't one sided crushes fun? NOT! 18 year old Melody Jenkins has spent the last 3 years of high school crushing on one guy, Jake Kensington, who see...
4.9K 281 7
Saw some of these types of stories, so I wanted to try out for myself. [smol warning]:: my first language isn't English, but I did try my best. a bit...
567K 50.7K 34
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...