In The Midst Of Serendipity

By Iwrites11

DO NOT COPY MY WORK Mir's! The name itself screams power. Mir's are the most influential and rich nawab of t... More

Author's Note
Characters and Asthetics
|Chapter 01| Mysterious Hazel Orbs
|Chapter 02| A Bloom In The Garden
|Chapter 03| The Cumbersome Excursion
|Chapter 04| A Horrendous Stratagem
|Chapter 05| The Emergence Of Her Distress
|Chapter 06| Her Dreadful Time Period
|Chapter 07| An Indifferent Redendvzous
|Chapter 08| A Change For The Bright Side
|Chapter 09| A Change For The Worst Side
|Chapter 10| The Uncanny Play of Destiny
|Chapter 11|It's Already Fated
|Chapter 12| Eye To Eye Clash
|Chapter 13| Some Matters Secrets
|Chapter 14|Unpleasant Situations
|Chapter 15| An Abrupt Proposal
|Chapter 16| The Fixation Of Fate
|Chapter 17| The Eve Of Henna
|Chapter 18| The Union Of Two Souls
|Chapter 19| The New Inclusion
|Chapter 20| The Reception Day
|Chapter 21|The Inkling Of Undesirable
|Chapter 22| Those Virtous Orbs
|Chapter 23| The Reminiscence Of The Past
|Chapter 25| Irrelevant Arguments
|Chapter 26 |The Tint of Jealousy
|Chapter 27| An Event Attended Together
|Chapter 28| The First Display Of Care
|Chapter 29| The Change In The Atmosphere
|Chapter 30| Chaoctic Feelings
|Chapter 31| The Unexplainable Tragedy
|Chapter 32| Sniffles In The Dark
|Chapter 33| The Overdue Acceptance
|Chapter 34| The Blooming Relationship
|Chapter 35| The Uneasiness Inside
|Chapter 36|A Farewell To The Deceased
|Chapter 37| The Process Of Healing
|Chapter 38| The Breaking Point
|Chapter 39| Moving On
|Chapter 40| A New Beginning
| Chapter 41| The Audacity Of The Bad
|Chapter 42| Blazing Hazel Eyes
|Chapter 43|Series of Forgiveness
|Chapter 44| Destined Together
|Epilogue|

|Chapter 24| The Notion Of Self Doubt

2.6K 103 10
By Iwrites11

Hey guys here's the new update. I really hope you like it. I am trying my best to make this story as interesting as I could. Don't forget to check out my instagram account with same name as Wattpad.
****

Shiza's POV (Edited)

One month passed by a blink of an eye. I still can't believe that today I had completed one month of our wedding. It doesn't feel like a wedding at all. In the span of one month, I have faced nothing but ignorance and silent treatment from almost everyone.

No one treated me like a normal human being or atleast like a daughter in law. Zohra aunty's constant taunts, insults and patronizing words are daily reminders of my unwanted existence in this house. Shehnaz Ammi was trying her best to keep the environment of this Haveli as optimist as possible but it's almost next to impossible since no one really pay attention to keep the environment positive.

Yusra and Lubna aunty had also joined Zohra aunty in belittling me and since then I have been not only facing Zohra aunty but them too. They were always at my neck. They did their best in making me feel outdated and out of the gathering. They never failed to make me cry. They never fail to pull tears in my eyes. But I am still quiet. I don't want to worry Shehnaz Ammi.

She definitely knows that I'm not getting a proper and good treatment at all. I know that she is doing her best to handle the situation but nothing is in her favour right now. I knew this back before I agreed to married. I was never thought as good to this Haveli. They always saw me as a care taker.

More precisely, a poor and compelled care taker who's in a desperate need of money. They always pictured me as a girl who is after their money and who is selfish enough to stole their jewels. They tried to taunt me on that incident many times but I didn't pay heed to that.

I didn't do that and Zohra aunty knew that so why should I let that affect me? I'm no way wrong and I shouldn't be feeling guilty at all. They conspired against me. They should feel bad not me. I am a victim of their disgusting game. No one still knows the truth. I do want to tell everyone but I knew that no one here will believe me. Not even Shehnaz Ammi.

Whether or not, Zohra aunty is her daughter in law and no sane mother in law will thought that her daughter in law who she thought is the most decent will harm a girl's characters in spite of just getting her fired. Shah Zain is out of question. That person didn't even look at me.

He just behaves like I don't exists at all. We both share a room together as a couple but so far nothing had happened. He still slept on sofa ignoring me totally and I still slept hoping that he might try to talk to me. That he might once consider me as his wife. That he might talk to me.

Because believe it or not, even after having so many people in company, I still feel lonely. I still feel like I have no one. I still feel like a I'm an orphan with no one to call her family. I still feel like a sad and distress who is in desperate need of some company. I am ignored all my life by people I've met. They all rather looked at me with pity and sympathy. I want someone who I can share my inner turmoil with.

A person who would silently listen to me and will find a solution. A person who will protect me from harm and will support me in good and bad. A person who would cuddle me to sleep and caressed my hairs. Isn't that person supposed to be a husband? Shouldn't a husband comfort his wife whenever she is feeling down. All my life I have been waiting for that one feeling when you know that you're not alone that there is someone who can burn the whole world down for you?

Am I not worthy enough to dream a man like that in my life? Am I that bad that no one likes me? Am I not worthy of someone's love? Don't I deserve some happiness in life? Ya Allah! You know the best, Indeed. I know that you have thought something best for me. I asked for your kindness upon me. You will never leave your creation in distress. You are my savior.

I put my complete trust in You. I may have no one but I still got You and I am sure that You will never leave me alone even in my bad times.
****

So, I got dressed and climbed downstairs. I was dressed causally today. As I reached the kitchen, I found the young maids busy in work.

There were noises of clattering of cups and delicious aroma wafted in the air of the breakfast meal. I stood there staring at them before making my presence known

"Good morning, everyone. Maybe..can I be of some help?"

I asked rather hopefully. I have nothing to do all day and I got pretty bored when you don't have any work to do and on top that no one also didn't talk to you. I want to keep myself busy in something and I guess kitchen can be a perfect distraction.

I can spent my most of the time in the kitchen and it will also save me from Zohra aunty's constant glaring and taunting. May be. But my hopes died when the maid replied

"All our work has been done. Also, we are not allowed to ask help from family members. It's our job and as you can see we are perfectly handling everything. We don't need extra burden."

Her words stung like a bee. Why so much hate? I never disgraced her or ever tried to humiliate her. She always talked to me nicely before my marriage. Now what happened? My mood damped and I resisted the urge to cry. I should not cry.

The other maids gasped not expecting her to talk so bluntly with me. But it happened anyways. The head maid, Zubeda khala came here and the maid immediately went back to work like nothing happened.

When she saw me, a smile made it's way on her lips. Atleast, there is someone who can be happy when they saw me. She approached me before asking me politely

"Beta, what are you doing here?"

I smiled lightly before asking

"I just came to help you. But I think all the work has already been done."

I saw from my peripheral vision that the maid scoffed lightly before continuing her work. I frowned but faced Zubeda khala again. She stroked my hairs softly before saying

"Oh dear, you shouldn't bother yourself. We are here to handle everything."

She is always so sweet. She then stated

"But if our girl wants to help us that you can help us in making today's lunch. But please don't tell this to choti sahiba. It will not be good."

I nodded my head frequently before assuring her

"Don't worry. My lips are sealed. I will carefully help you."

She chuckled lightly before I exited the kitchen. It's only 5 minutes to nine so I decided to sit down at the dining. As I reached the room, Zarnish stumbled into me causing me to lose my balance. But before I could fall, I balanced myself.

She just rolled her eyes and walked ahead not even bothering to say a little sorry. I shrugged and made my way inside. The elders were already present. I lightly smiled at everyone before taking my seat at the corner. To my surprise, Shah Zain wasn't there.

He was also not on the bed when I woke up. Where is he? I didn't even saw him in the garden. I was still contemplating about his whereabouts when Shehnaz Ammi's voice reached my ears

"Shiza, where is Shah Zain?"

I was quiet. How should I answer when I don't know where he is? I opened and closed my mouth like a fish. I was about to reply but Zarnish beat up to me

"He has an early meeting that's why he left early. He will be eating his breakfast there too."

I was shocked. How did she know where he is. Did he specifically tell her? Only the thought made me sad. He didn't even bother to tell me. Shehnaz Ammi turned to Zarnish and frown was etched onto her face. She asked her

"But why did he tell you that? Didn't he inform Shiza?"

Zarnish rolled her eyes before answering rather sarcastically

"Maybe she was getting her beauty sleep when her husband was fussing over a really important meeting."

Her words were sharp and it hurt me. Why are they making fun of my respect. They should atleast care for the table manners. I decided not to be quiet and stated

"It's not true. He told me that he will be going early."

Zarnish's head turned to me before she asked me rather accusingly

"And may you tell when did he tell you that?"

I took a deep breath before answering

"When we both wake up to offer fajr. He told me there itself."

It's a lie. But I didn't want her to tarnish my respect like that. Self respect is a name of something. I can't just let her humiliate me like that. She has no right. At my comment, she was awfully quiet but I could see the rage swirling in her eyes.

She was clenching and unclenching her fists. I down casted my eyes before starting my meal. Shehnaz Ammi then said

"Shiza, beta make some food for him and take it to his office. He will skip his breakfast once he got busy in work."

I nodded my head before continuing my breakfast. Throughout the breakfast, I could feel Zarnish glaring at me but I kept my eyes down. I have nothing to fear as I did nothing wrong.
****

So, here I am getting dressed. You all might want to ask me that why am I getting dressed? Well, after Shehnaz Ammi asked me to prepare lunch for Shah Zain, I immediately busied myself in making the best meal. I had made his favorite chicken wings with fried rice.

I had heard Zohra aunty talking once that fried rice can make Shah Zain beaming even when he is sulking the whole day. So I decided to prepare that only. He might like it and will atleast pass a small smile to me. I am doing this to gain his attention. I am not an attention seeker but I don't think it's a crime to crave for your own husband's attention, is it?

I have the right to atleast have his attention. Maybe he will talk to me too. I don't know. I'm feeling giddy. It's my first time going to his office as his wife. Not that I ever stepped there. But just thinking that I will be going there and introducing myself as his wife erupted the butterflies in my stomach.

Well, I kept my thoughts aside and applied a little amount of blush on my cheeks. I chose to wear a red colored suit with net work on it. It looked so elegant and classy. I don't want to embarrass him so I dressed appropriately. I combed my simple straight hairs before pinning them back lightly with a hair pin.

I grabbed my bangles and wore them in both of my wrists. Lastly, I wore my duppata and climbed downstairs. The lounge was empty so I directly made my way to the kitchen. There I saw Zubeda khala packing the lunch. She handed me the bag before passing me a small smile. I also beamed before saying

"Thank you so much for helping me."

She shook her head before telling

"It's ok, child. Now go and spend some time with your husband."

She chuckled and I bade farewell to her before making my way outside. I was about to pass the main gate when Shehnaz ammi's voice stopped me

"Shiza, wait beta."

I turned around and she walked towards me. She was holding her purse and I couldn't help but asked

"Are you going to come office too?"

She chuckled before shaking her head and saying

"I'm going to meet my old friend. The route is in the way to the company. I'll drop you there."

I immediately shook my head before saying

"Oh no, don't worry. I'll just take a cab or something."

Shehnaz Ammi laughed before again saying

"Nonsense, I will drop you on the way. Also, I don't think you know the way to the office, do you?"

I smiled cheekily at her. She laughed before pinching my cheeks. We both settled inside the car before it roared to life. Let's say how this meeting will go.

(Shiza's Dress)
***

The car stopped and I stepped down. Shehnaz Ammi looked at me before saying

"Good luck, beta."

I thanked her and the car soon get lost out of my sight. I took a deep breath before holding the bag for dear life and walked inside. The interior screamed richness. The floors were neat, the sofas were the most comfortable looking furniture ever.

The employees were busy in their work that no one even notices that I am there. I made my way to the reception desk before greeting her. She passed me a welcoming smile before I asked her

"Where is Shah Zain's office?"

The receptionist looked amazed before asking me

"Why are you asking, ma'am?"

I sighed before answering her

"I'm here to meet him."

The receptionist sighed before asking again

"Do you have any appointment? If not than you can't meet him."

She made herself clear. Oh dear. I sighed before informing her

"But I'm his wife. I don't think I need appointment."

At my sudden announcement, she straightened up immediately before apologizing me

"Oh pardon! I really didn't know. Come I'll show you the way."

I laughed and walked towards the lift. She told me the designated number before the lift door closes. My heart was thumping inside my chest. How will he react when he'll see me? Will he be angry? Dear Allah! Please don't let him be angry.

I made this lunch with alot of effort. Let him eat it. The door dinged open and I stepped out. Infront of me was the CEO's door. I made my way to the door before lightly knocking. When he permitted, I entered inside. But my excitement died down after what I saw.

Zarnish was already there. They were having food. When she saw me, she passed me a smirk. Shah Zain looked genuinely surprised. I bet he was not expecting me. My heart sank. She already brought lunch for him. He was also eating that. There's no way he will now eat my food.

What were you even thinking Shiza? He hates you. He will never love you. What the hell are you doing here? My thoughts were interrupted when his smooth voice reached my ears

"What are you doing here?"

I looked up at him before replying

"I..I brought food."

I don't know if I should say that to him. He took a long breath before asking

"Who told you to bring lunch?"

His voice was not at all sharp or hard. He was just asking me a question. I answered keeping my voice low

"Shehnaz Ammi told me to made lunch for you as you didn't even eat breakfast."

He closed his eyes before muttering something underneath his breath. Zarnish then started to spoke

"Oh dear, didn't dado tell you that Shah Zain loves to eat lunch made my hands?"

I was shocked. Is it true? He likes the meal made by her hands. I felt like a total fool standing here. I shouldn't have come here in the first place. I shouldn't have came here to get embarrassed.

I finally looked up at him and he was already starting at me. I could see some weird emotions in his eyes. I said finally

"I didn't know that. I'm sorry. I will just leave."

I turned around to leave but his voice catched me

"Wait!"

I turned around hopeful that he might make me atleast say. But I waited for whole two minutes but he just stared at me. He didn't say a word. He just stands there like a statue. I think I got my answer.

I shouldn't have come here. It's my fault, not his. I am a fool. I sighed before smiling forcefully before bidding farewell

"I will take my leave and I'm sorry for interrupting you. Enjoy your meal."

I didn't wait for more before leaving his office. I just couldn't stand there any other moment. I entered inside the lift and controlled the urge to cry. What were you thinking, Shiza? He has already made clear that you are a nobody. He hates you.

He will never see you as his wife. You will remain alone. You will never get someone to take care of you. You will always be living alone with no one by your side to give you a shoulder. Make up your mind, he will never be the kind of husband you want.

He will never look at you the way a husband should look. You will always be his forced and unwanted wife who will never has a place inside his heart...
****

Phew! I think I got rid of my writer's block. How's the chapter? I'm very much satisfied with it. Let me know your thoughts in the comments. Please vote and share my stories with your friends. Also check out my sister account @wittypenart too.
Till then loads of love
Allah Hafiz
***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 5.2K 32
Idris alam man of his words workholic, short tempered but can't say no to his parents. What happens when this mamas boy gets married for his mother...
22.5K 1.1K 69
STAND BY ME❀️ #10 in spiritual ranking( 10/12/2023)😍 #1 in spiritual (15/12/2023) Life as a female Muslim, growing up in a strict community in Pakis...
75.3K 1.9K 47
~ completed Haniya Khalid, a young 19 year old who recently moved to Pakistan with her family, only to find the reason of their move was the mafia b...
Stay with Me By Asmau Saidu

Historical Fiction

4.8K 522 32
Meeting more people made her realize that not everyone is the same in this world but it also showed her how ambitious humans can be. She believed in...