𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 || RAFE...

By Kells_bells_

•HEAVY EDITING • MESSED UP STORYLINE• The summer after their last year of school, When Lane Miller moves back... More

Cast
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37
38
39
40
41
Bonus Chapter

21.

4.3K 30 32
By Kells_bells_

•Chapter Twenty-One•

•Lane•

"Do I really have to go?" I asked my mother who was finishing up my hair. We were going to a charity event that was going to be full of rich people. And the worse part was, the Cameron's weren't going to be there so I wouldn't have anybody to talk to. I asked Topper if he could go but he apologized and said he had to do something with his parents tonight.

It had been three-almost four weeks since me and Rafe admitted our feelings and we were still taking it slow, both of us liking how things were right now. We had gone on another date the week after our first date and enjoyed the time we had.

I hadn't seen him, Sarah or Topper since the yacht trip we took and that was almost 4 weeks ago. Almost a whole month since my parents basically told me that I needed to stay at home since I was never there. They weren't mean about it, they just missed me and wanted to spend time with me.

I've talked over text and call but haven't seen them, which hurt. I miss hanging out with my best friend, I miss hanging out with sister-like figure, and I miss hanging out with the person I've grown strong feelings for.

I hadn't talked to Kie or any of the Pouges since they've been doing some crazy shit and haven't had much time to hang out with me. I kinda miss them too but I knew they were all doing their own things.

"Yes, you do. Me and your father just miss seeing you here and that's why we've asked you to stay here instead of seeing your friends. And plus, me and your father are going on a trip next week so you can go back to staying at the Cameron's all you want starting next week" She smiled brightly, finishing up straightening my hair.

I hummed in response and strapped on my black heels. I was wearing an emerald, ankle length dress that had spaghetti straps to hold up the low neckline that showed off my boobs.

I didn't even want to be wearing this, I didn't even want to go much less. I wanted to either be cuddled up next to Rafe or hanging out with him and my other two best friends.

"You coming?" My mother asked, knocking me out of my thoughts as I nodded and walked after her.

——

"We'll only be here for about 2 hours, just be patient and stay beside us since I know how you are around people you don't know" My dad smiled at me and placed a kiss to my temple before walking towards a couple of men dressed in fine suits like the one he was wearing.

I grabbed a cocktail off of a waiters tray and looked around, there wasn't much to see so I went and sat down on one of the many velvet couches there were in a corner.

2 long, excruciating and painful hours later, I followed my parents out of the doors and walked to their car to finally go home. I spent the whole time either sitting around, following one or both of my parents, or drinking another cocktail.

It was around nine at night and my feet were killing me with the heels I was wearing. I slid them off my feet and resisted the urge to whimper as I lightly massaged them to get the feeling of them back. Once I felt like they were good enough, I adjusted myself so my back was rested against the door and my legs were propped up on the seats in front of me.

I laid my head back against the window and wished I could be in Rafe's embrace right now.

I missed him so much, I could cry.

I was thinking about him and only him. How he rubbed his thumb back and forth against my hand, pressed gentle kisses to my forehead, and even his icy blue eyes and the most handsome smile I've ever seen.

Him. I'm only thinking about him.

I sighed to myself and waited out the thirty minute drive back to our house. Once there, we all got out and made our way inside. I walked into the kitchen and fixed me a glass of water and chugged it.

I told my parents goodnight before making my way up the stairs and to my room that was waiting on me to get back. I stripped out of my clothes and put them in my hamper and grabbed a pair of fresh underwear and bra then a pair of Nike pro biker shorts and one of Rafe's t-shirts I stole from his drawer when he wasn't looking. It was one of his favorites, I'm surprised he hasn't noticed yet.

I turned the hot water on and slipped into the space that was held in between the four blurry glass doors. I let the water drown me before thoroughly letting it soak every inch of my long dirty blonde hair.

After washing out the shampoo and conditioner I put in it, I washed my body with one of my favorite body gels and stepped out to wrap a towel around my body.

My eyelids grew heavy as I brushed my teeth then my hair, making sure to get every tangle out before I braided it in my signature french braids so it could be wavy tomorrow.

I did my skincare then proceeded to pull on my underwear, bra, shorts and then Rafe's shirt that smelled just like him.

Teakwood and mahogany, a hint of vanilla in there somewhere. Oh, and the ocean.

It made a smile appear on my face as I grabbed a handful of it and brought it up to my nose to inhale the intoxicating scent.

I walked out of my bathroom and to my bed that was calling my name since I stepped in here tonight. I shut off the light and climbed on top of the soft mattress and covered up with one of the most comfortable and soft blankets there were.

As I shut off my phone from checking to see if anybody texted or called, I turned around and closed my eyes to finally go to sleep.

But that soon was rudely interrupted when I heard clanking coming from my window. I ignored it and thought it was just something accidentally hitting it or I was just hallucinating since it was really quiet in my room. I didn't bother turning on my music, as I usually do to help me fall asleep, because I was too tired to do so.

I huffed as I heard it again and turned back around to glare at my window to see that nothing was there. I stared at it for a few more seconds before laying my head back down and closing my eyes again to finally fall asleep.

I cursed as I heard it again. I finally stood up and turned on my light before walking towards my window and gazing out my window to see a figure standing there in mid-throw.

I saw the light brown hair from the moonlight reflecting off of it and grinned before quickly
un-locking my window. I poked my head out and felt my heart skip a beat from not seeing his handsome face in over three weeks.

He didn't dare say anything as he silently climbed up to get to my room. I pulled him up by his biceps into my room where he tripped and fell. I quietly gasped and smacked my hand over my mouth to try and not burst out into laughter. 

He faked glared at me and stood up, smiling down at me and just trailing his eyes up and down my body. His smile grew wider as he grasped a piece of his shirt that I was wearing.

Before he could make a sarcastic comment, which I knew he was, I quickly threw my arms around his neck and jumped up so I could wrap my legs around his waist. Not a second later, I felt his hands come up and wrap his arms around my back and gently rub his thumbs up and down my sides.

Not one of us dared to say anything as we both knew my parents were light sleepers and would come up here any second if they knew someone was in my room.

I laid my head in the crook of his neck and placed a gentle kiss there.

I hadn't seen him In three weeks, was I being over dramatic? No, I was simply excited to see the one person I was craving to see in three weeks and 5 days, if we were getting technical.

"I've missed you so much, my love" He whispered ever so softly and placed a kiss on my wet hair. Keeping his lips there, he let out a sigh and closed his eyes.

"I've missed you so much more, even though it's only been three weeks" I whispered back. He walked us over to my bed and sat us down so he was leaning against my headboard and I was still wrapped around his body.

"I'll miss you even when I don't see you in a day" He chuckled, keeping his voice low. I took my head off of his shoulder and looked up at him, a smile appearing on my face again as I stared in his icy blues.

I brought my right hand up and caressed his cheek with my thumb. He stared back at me and leaned into my hand. "Can I kiss you?" He asked and I nodded.

He leaned forward and connected our lips, God have I missed his soft lips. I, of course kissed back and enjoyed the savory and sweet taste of them as I waved my fingers through his hair.

The kiss was nothing rough or hard or anything heated, it was just a sweet and passionate kiss. Once I backed away, I laid my head down on his chest and inhaled his scent that I now had more of.

"Would you like me to sleep over?" He asked. "Yeah" I breathed out as I got up and turned my light off. After he took his shirt off, which left him in his sweatpants, I slid over and continued to face him as I draped my right leg over his waist and lay my head up against his side. His back was placed flat on my bed while his right arm draped over my back and his left hand rested itself on my thigh that was over his waist.

I pulled my blanket over the both of us and placed another sweet kiss on his chest before finally closing my eyes. "Goodnight, pretty girl" He whispered and placed a kiss to my head. "Goodnight, love" I mumbled and finally relaxed under his touch.

——

I woke up to an empty spot next to me, I frowned and thought I must have just dreamed of last night. I guess I was that desperate that I dreamed Rafe climbing in my window and falling asleep next to me.

When I stretched my arm out, I felt something poke me and I stopped mid-stretch to look at it. It was a piece of paper folded in half.

Good morning, my love.

I'm sorry I had to leave so early, I heard something downstairs and figured it was your parents so I needed to hurry and leave so they didn't catch me and scold you for having a guy in your room. I wish I could've stayed longer but you know as much as I do that I wouldn't want an awkward situation with your parents.

I missed you, so damn much. Four weeks is too damn long, I don't know how I'm going to get by when my family leaves for Barbados next month. I haven't told you but their going on a trip and they're making me go. As much as I would love for you and Topper to come, it's a family trip. They consider you family but y'know what I mean.

I know that your parents are leaving next week for a trip and that you'll be back to staying at mine starting then but I can't help but miss you still even though I know it was only for a short amount of time. It doesn't feel short if you ask me though. Why did your parents have you stay there and not allow you to hang out with your friends again?

Anyway, I'm writing too much. I hope you have a wonderful day and I can't wait to kiss you again, you have the most amazing lips anybody could have ;)

Love,
Your pretty boy or whatever
you want to call me. <3 <3
R.C

I sighed out loud now that I know I didn't dream it, it was all real and I just wish I could be next to him again.

He's going on a family trip next month? How am I gonna deal with not seeing him however long he'll be gone. Geez, I sound like I'm obsessed with him or something. Well, I am.

I placed the note on my nightstand before getting up to use the bathroom and brush my teeth. I stayed in my sleep attire and walked down to eat breakfast and spend another boring day with my parents.

I loved them, don't get me wrong, but why do I have to stay here and not be allowed to hang out with my friends? Yes, I stay with them a lot, but I'm a teenager-almost adult who deserves to be with my friends. It's not like I'm going out and having sex or random hook ups with guys and getting pregnant.

I sighed and prepared for the day to be long and boring like the previous three weeks had been.

——

"Alright, we'll be back in a few days. There's money in the safe so if you need it, there's plenty of it. I know you'll be at the Cameron's so just come and check on the house to make sure nothing happens" My dad told me as he held two suitcases. I nodded and smiled before helping them put their stuff in their car.

It was around five and they had a seven hour flight waiting on them on the mainland. My mother came out of the house with two bags around her arms.

"I love you, stay safe and don't get into any trouble" She smiled and kissed my temple. "I love you too" I smiled.

I watched as my parents drove off and went back inside to turn off all the lights and collect my bag and wallet before making my way back outside and getting into my jeep to go to the Cameron's house.

A/N

Another filler chapter but I loved Rafe and Lanes short and sweet moment. I think it's kinda shitty how her parents wanted her to stay home because she's rarely there. I don't know, I just liked the idea of them being apart for awhile and seeing how much they missed each other.

I'm not ready to write when Rafe goes on the trip and leaves Lane for however long I decide. But I have an idea that will help spice up this book.

Thank you all for the love I'm receiving on this book and I love you all!🤍

Edit: WE'RE ALREADY AT 15k!!
THANK YOU ALL

Word count: 2613

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.2K 429 38
Rafe Cameron is a kook. A well known one too. Y/n Y/l/n is a pouge. A well known one too. Y/n hates kooks and Rafe hates pouges. But could things cha...
240K 6.8K 45
After a year away at Kitty Hawk, Cassie Maybank returns to the Outerbanks with a determination to get her life back on track. To stay healthy, to mak...
147K 2.1K 72
Aspen Ross is as Pogue as they come. Ever since her Dad left and her Mom went away on business, it's been just her and her brother. Aspen, along with...
16.7K 271 38
I don't know what to do, it unbelievable, and I don't how to get over, get over, someone as dangerous, tainted and flawed as you. Moving to an unknow...