SHE [ Camila/You ]

By historia_cccc

4 Mile Drive, a band of four Santa Clara University students who have won the college battle of the bands two... More

Description & Guides
PROLOGUE
Chapter I
Chapter III

Chapter II

132 14 1
By historia_cccc

Santa Clara, California
1 Day After The Anniversary

--

Y/N's POV

"Please, think about it, Mr. Davis. Your daughter's talented and the label saw that and is taking a risk on giving the band a chance sir. Offers like this aren't given easily, so this means that this band is extraordinary. This is only a one-time offer." Mr. Turner pleaded for what felt like an eternity as we all stood there in silence.

"Mr. Turner, please I hope you understand that I signed Clementine in a very prestigious university because I want a successful life for her. You said it yourself. It is all about betting. The label is taking risk. What if it didn't turn out successful? Besides, the music industry isn't all just about music. There are drugs in there, alcohol, and other worse things my daughter could stumble upon on. I am sorry but if you want to continue signing, fine, but do not include my daughter in it." Mr. Davis stood up and stared at Cleo, hoping she would get what's happening and go home with him.

We stared at her, anticipating on what she'll do next.

As Cleo stood up, we sighed in defeat. She gave her father an embrace before turning to walk back next to Mr. Turner.

"I'm sorry, dad, but this is what I want. Please, give me this one chance, and if it doesn't work out, I swear I'll work my back off, do everything you say, and live my life according to your wishes. But please, let me try to be responsible for my own life, even just once, dad. I will never ask for anything else again."

Mr. Davis sighed and nodded in response, which made us all smile. "Mr. Turner, I swear, you'll get what you deserve if something bad happens to my daughter."

Mr. Turner nodded and patted Mr. Davis' back. "I will take care of your kid, Mr. Davis. That, I promise you."

Mr. Davis nodded before giving his daughter one last glance. "All of you should join us for dinner later at 7."

Mr. Turner glanced onto us and we nodded. "We'll be there, sir."

"Alright. Cleo, be on your best behavior at all times." Mr. Davis took his hat and walked away, no longer looking at her daughter.

"It will be fine, Cleo. Your dad supports you, he wasn't just that ready to see you grow. You've always been a daddy's girl, right?" Mr. Turner tried to soothe Cleo.

"Yeah. I'll talk to him, though. Don't worry." Cleo smiled and we all reciprocated it with reassurinf ones.

After a series of talks with our parents, which came out successful, I checked out my watch which read, 6:48.

"We gotta go at Cleo's. I'm starving as well, sooo." I notified everyone, which made Mr. Turner turn on his ignition and drive off.

-

Arriving at their place, we were welcomed by her sweet mother, Angelica, and told us we were just in time as they were already starting to prepare. Few minutes later, we were settled in our seats, utensils on our hands, as we enjoy the very delicious food her mom made.

"Candice, what did I tell you about using your phone on the table?" Mr. Turner called out

Candice, Cleo's younger sister by 2 years, squealed. "Oh my god, I'm sorry dad but guys look. You're trending on Twitter, and Maroon 5 posted you!"

What?

I immediately squinted along with the girls as we stared at Candice's screen.

@Maroon5 :

Watching the anniversary concert yesterday was a blast! These young artists are seriously talented and we cannot fathom the fact that they're criminally underrated as well!

*clip attached*

Check out their YT channel 4MD they deserve the love ❤️❤️ 🔊🔊
*link*

@TheRollingStoner : the vocalist nailed those songs more than adam levine himself lmaoo

@jenkins8988 : They did maroon 5 better than maroon 5

@Moronn5 : they got the looks, the talent, the charm, the stage charisma @InterscopeRecords if u dont sign this ur missing out!!

@stargirlbbd : Yall look at their cover of What Makes You Beautiful

Immediately, I opened my phone as the band's YT account was logged into mine.

"Oh my god, guys. Look."

From initial 34,974 views of our cover, it grew into 132,587 in just a day. And our initial subscribers which is 10,568 grew into 26,769.

"Oh my god. We're really getting famous." We squealed as we saw Cleo's father smiling before clearing his throat. "Dinner."

We immediately shut up but grinned sheepishly to each other.

As I stared at Mr. Turner, I saw him exchanging knowing glances with Mr. Davis. I hope this would really be worth it.

---
San Francisco, California
2 days after the anniversary

After a day of deliberations, disccusions, and getting insights from our families we now arrived inside Interscope Records' building.

The whole building was a big place, lots of studios were also located inside.

We took the elevator towards the top floor and when it opened, my jaw dropped as I saw the most gorgeous woman in sight.

"Oh, hey. You were the band that played on that anniversary right?"

We all nodded dumbfoundedly, I mean, you cannot blame us. I am very picky with women and when I say that she is gorgeous, she is DROP. DEAD. GORGEOUS.

"You were honestly great! I've enjoyed watching the live and I have heard you're gonna be signed today, so.... consider me as one of your fans. Welcome to Interscope." She winked at us before stepping inside the elevator.

"That's Camila Cabello, right? The Havana singer, right?" Julian asked, nearly panicking.

"She's a goddess. Oh my god she looked way more beautiful in person." Brook gushed.

"I was most certainly a Normani girl but she's a goddess, did you see the wave in her hair?" Cleo chimed in.

They all looked at me, expecting me to have something to say about Camila, but instead, I stammered.

"I-I.. sh-she's uh-"

Mr. Turner laughed out loud. "I've never seen you this slick with girls, Y/LN. Looks like someone developed a crush." He said as he earned series of laughters from the girls.

"Shut up, Alex and friends." I lightly shoved Mr. Turner off as we arrived in front of Mr. Janick's office.

He saw us through the glass wall and motioned for us to come in.

"Welcome to Interscope. I'm very glad you decided early since, well, you still aren't signed and yet you kids are blasting the internet now." We chuckled.

"Here is the contract. Everything is written in there. If you see any errors or concerns, you may bring it up to me and we can negotiate and compromise with stuff. So.. I'll leave you time to review it? I just have to check something, I will.
be back."

We thanked him in response.

"Now, let's see. Under the term, your contract with the label will expire after 18 months of releasing your first album, so this means that you're not only offered to release singles, but, you are offered to release a whole album. Now, there is an option here that the contract may be extended. That is up to them to decide within 18 months after your album releases, and if they decide to extend that, you're going to be required to write and record for your 2nd album." Mr. Gallagher, the music lawyer Mr. Turner brought with us explained everything in the simplest way he can.

To that, we gave a nod.

"Now, to start, you are required to release two singles before they can determine whether you should follow an album release or an EP," he stated.

He was prompted to continue by our repeated nods.

"Now, onto the difficult part, your creative decision. Every release, every selected song or composition, every budget placed, the label will always have the final say. Good thing, however, is that it is indicated here that you will be provided with producers and artists who will fit your style. Now, I assume you know your style in music right?"

We nodded once more.

"Next, you will receive an advance payment that must be returned. In your case, 50% of the advance payment will be given up front and the remaining 50% will be given following the approval of your album. This advance payment is used to cover your costs for the songs and albums that were released and must be repaid through sales before you can receive royalties."

Julian said, "Wow, that hurt my head," and we all nodded. This is quite challenging.

Mr. Gallagher laughed, "That's why you have me and Mr. Turned over here. We got you."

Mr. Gallagher continued, "Next is the artist royalties, now this is where your payments fall. Once you fully repaid the advance money through your sales, you'll be earning money through royalties. Now, it is stated here that the composers and the beatmakers get bigger royalties than any other. So, who writes the songs?"

The other three females agreed when the I said, "Me and Julian. I write the lyrics around 90% of the time and both of us produce the tunes, of course lead by Julian.

Mr. Gallagher gestured to Brook and Cleo, "How about you two?"

Brook said, "They're both hella geniuses in writing and producing compared to us. We trust them both so we just just do stuff we're told to do." Cleo concurred.

"Alright. Well, that's easy. You already know your crafts." Mr. Gallagher smiled.

We continued discussing it for nearly an hour and we understood it better when Mr. Janick came in and joined the discussion.

"To be honest, with lawyers backing you up, this contract will be an easy transaction. Though, we really need those records coming through. Understood?"

We all nodded in agreement.

"Great, so shall we begin the signing?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A/N : lemme know what u think of this so far, also, don't forget to vote if u like this chapter :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

250K 8.8K 99
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
617K 9.6K 88
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
169K 5.9K 43
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
674K 33.9K 61
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...