Scars Within

By ufwkaii

Marinette Dupain-Cheng is, or was, a normally happy girl. There almost never was a frown on her face. But as... More

Chapter One--Chloe
Chapter Two---First Cut
Chapter Three---Mother
Chapter Four---A Move
Chapter Five---Crimson Red
Chapter 6---Late
Chapter 7---Beeansee
Chapter 8---Kitty
Chapter 9---His Job
A Thank You
Disclaimer
Chapter 10---Papa
Chapter 11---His return
Chapter 12---Hospital
Chapter 14---Red Pills
Chapter 15---Wake
Chapter 16---Hello Again
Chapter 17---To Be Continued

Chapter 13---Sleepover

137 2 0
By ufwkaii

Third POV

Most people would think that if someone was threatened about something, they would stop. Or even more likely, if you sent someone to the hospital, you would stop. But that wasn't the case for Chloe Bourgies. The first thing that happened When Marinette got to school, being tossed into a dirty alleyway behind Francoise Dupont, and beaten the shit out of.

Today is going to be a good day, Marinette thought, Nothing bad will happen. But oh how she was wrong. The second Marinette got close to the building, she was grabbed by the hair, and brought behind the school.

"That was the last time that you turned Adrien, or anyone for that matter, against me. Just because you have a shitty life, doesn't mean you gotta ruin others. You-"

"No chloe! I don't ruin people's lives, you do. And only you! I am so tired of your shit. How about you stop taking your issues out on other people and deal with the-'' Pow! Chloe punched Marinette dead in the eye, while her own eyes were tearing up.

"Don't you ever talk about my life like that Marinette!" A single tear fell from Chloe's eyes, and she wiped it away before Mari noticed, "I, am fine! So shut the hell up!" Then Chloe proceeded to beat the shit out of Marinette.

Marinette walked into class late due to Chloe's, "actions, "Late again Marinette," said Mrs. Bustier as she handed Marinette a late pass, "Remember, next one is suspension." Marinette just nodded as she walked over to her desk and hesitantly took a seat next to Alya.

"Hey girl, I heard about what happened, and what happened the other day when you ran past us crying?" Alya whispered, Marinette just ignored her, "Marinette?" Just then a blue haired Kagami walked into class. (Have you pieced it together yet?)

"Everybody, welcome our new student, Kagami Tsurguri. Her mother has decided to take her out of homeschooling so she could come here so let's be sure to show her how great of a school Francouise Dupont is!" Said an excited Mrs. Bustier, "Alya, could you please move to the back row so that Kagami could have a seat closer to the front? She has eye problems."

"I- fine.." sighed a slightly saddened Alya, "Bye girl.."

"Mrs. Bustier can I sit with Alya so she ain't lonely?" Nino asked

"That's fine Nino."

"And would it be possible for Mari to come sit in my row in place of Nino?" Adrien asked

"Yes, that's fine."

"But what about K-kagami? She shouldn't be a-alone." Said Mari, being completely genuine.

"Well you three could go three to a desk if you really want so that no one is alone." And with that the three squeezed together in the one desk.

"Thank you Marinette." said Kagami.

"Oh it's n-no problem."

"Hey I heard you were in the hospital for a little bit, what happened?" Kagami asked.

"Oh uh.. S-someone hurt me a-and, well, it g-got rou-rough.."

"I see, well I hope that does not happen to you again." By then Marinette was fidgeting uncontrollably, And Adrien put his hand on marinette's, since she was repeatedly hitting her thigh without thinking about it, and smiled at her.

Marinette was reading "The Notebook" by Nicholas Sparks, wearing nothing but a brassiere bra and sweatpants, when Chat Noir decided to pay a visit. Since Marinette was wearing headphones at full volume, Chat was able to sneak in without being noticed.

"What a sight for sore eyes, brighter than a blue sky, she's got you mesmerized, while I die." Mari sang quietly "Why would you ever kiss me? I'm not even half as pretty. You gave her your sweater, it's just polyester, but you like her better. Wish I were Heather-"

"Boo!" Chat scared the living shit out of Marinette. She screamed. Chat Noir just laughed.

"You f-fucking dick!" Marinette yelled.

"Marinette? You good up there?" Tom asked from the floor below.

"Yea papa! I'll be d-down there in a se-second, could you start something f-f-for me to snack on?"

"Yea sure no problem sweetheart!"

"Thanks p-papa!"

"Hey Mari-" Then Chat realized what she was wearing, he decided not to say anything about it though, "Whatcha doing?"

"Nothing m-much."

"The Notebook, what genre is it?" Marinette hadn't realized he had grabbed her book.

"Give that b-back you sneaky cat!" Marinette exclaimed as she snatched the book back out of his hands.

"What a sight for soreeee eyessss!" Chat repeated, right before she slightly punched him in the gut.

"Shut up C-chat."

"Ok but hey, we need to talk about what happened with Chloe." Marinette's heart sank, she wanted to forget about that, "And your eye." She hadn't realized that Chloe gave her a black eye.

"I don't w-want to." Marinette started to walk away.

"But you need to." He grabbed her arm.

"No, I do-don't." She pulled away. She walked over to her chaise and grabbed the sweater she had been snuggling before, and put it on. That was when Chat realized it was his sweater, or rather, Adrien's, but same difference. His cheeks became a slight tint of pink.

"Marinette you're literally stuttering because of what she did to you."

"Actually I'm stut-stuttering because of b-blood loss."

"Yea, that she caused!"

"I'll b-be right back." She climbed down the stairs to her living room, and down to the bakery.

"H- hey papa, thanks for starting th-these."

"No problem hun, but are you going to tell me where the stuttering came from?"

"The b-blood loss."

"Blood loss!?"

"Yea, m-mom told you, d-didn't she?"

"Told me what? And no, she didn't." That's not very suprising.

"Well.. Chloe sh-she.. She s-s-slammed my head int-to a wall, and b- busted my head o-open. Adrien stopped her right after that, a-and when I p-p-passed out he took me to the ho-hospital. After that I e-ended up having two se-seizures.. Mom said she told you!"

"Well she didn't," Ding, the croissants were done,"Marinette go upstairs please."

She grabbed the pastries out of the oven and sat them on a plate, "Ok papa." Then she headed back up the stairs, on the verge of tears.

She closed the trapdoor behind her and wiped away the singular tear that had fallen and took the sadness on her face and buried it.

"W-wanna play a game?" Marinette asked Chat Noir.

"Sure but we are going to talk about this Mari, I mean it."

"Hey er.. D-do you m-mind if I take off m-my sweater because the f-f-fabric irritates the skin where there's.. Uh.. you know w-what I mean."

"Yea, that's fine- Oh oh, can we play Guess Who? I love that game!"

Mari laughed, "Yea of course chat, what's your favorite song?"

"Mockingbird, by Eminem."

"Oh I love that song!" As Chat Noir set up their game and Marinette turned on music and put it on a high volume, Tom went to confront Sabine.

"Sabine?"

"Yes hun?"

"What happened to Marinette that caused her to stutter like she is?"

"Oh that, she's really nervous about an upcoming test." Sabine just smiled at Tom.

"You fucking liar! So you decided that you just weren't going to tell me that my fucking daughter was hurt so bad by someone, that not only she was put in the hospital, but she's fucking stuttering now! And you didn't even tell me that she had not one, but two goddamn seizures?! What the fuck is wrong with you Sabine?!"

"I-.. Well I didn't want to distract you from your work..!"

"Distract me? Ha! Distract me? Damn right that would've distracted me but it's worth it if my daughter is in the fucking hospital!" Slap! "What the hell is wrong with you!?"

Marinette was going down to get some drinks, when she heard the two parents fighting, she sat down on the stairs, and listened. Of course it was about her, what else would it be about. Then she heard the slap, she brought her hands to her mouth in surprise, and tears started to fall again. And it was her fault. She should've known as soon he asked what the damn stutter was that Sabine hadn't mentioned it to him. And know not only were they fighting, but hitting. Slap! Again, this time she just flinched since her head was already buried in her knees.

"Oh so we're resorting to hitting now are we? You ask what's wrong with me, what's wrong with you? You just slapped your wife!" Sabine yelled back, now aggressive.

"There is nothing wrong with me, I slapped you because you didn't tell me that my daughter was in the hospital!" Tom snapped back. Marinette started to lose any focus. Her breath became a struggle and uneven. She didn't even realize she had begun to repeat the words 'shut up' over and over behind her clouded mind and plugged ears. This was all her fault, how could she be so stupid? The moment she started to enjoy herself with someone, something happened. Of course. By then her words went from a quiet whisper to screaming. Of course neither her parents nor she herself could hear these calls. But that did leave one kind chat's ears to hear.

"Marinette!" He shouted. But she couldn't hear him over herself, so he turned her head towards him and moved her hands from her ears, "Marinette!"

"I- w-what happened..?" She asked but as soon as she heard a shout, she remembered, "Oh uh.. Oh yea.."

"Cmon princess, you don't need to hear this." If he could he would totally stomp in there and make them stop, make them act like happy parents until Mari was gone, but of course he could not. So he did the best he could do and got her out of ears range.

Chat could still hear them when they got to Marinette's room due to his cat-like hearing, but he could tell that Mari couldn't due to her quick calming, "First of all, this is not your fault, I know that even though I don't know what happened, but I would like it if you told me."

She nodded, "Well uh.. M-my mom didn't t-tell my dad about th-the thing with Chloe a-and I said something about i-it and uhm.. Y-yeah.."

"Well that isn't your fault, your mom didn't tell him what she should've told him, it's her fault he's mad."

"I mean-" Mari started before she was cut off by her alarm. To what though? Adrien 's new commercial is airing in five minutes. And unfortunately Chat got to it before she did.

"Adrien's hot commercial airs in five u dimwit watch it now now now its gonna be so super awesome and hot!!'? That is an awesome alarm Princess, you got a crush on him?" He laughed.

"AHHHH!!!! NO NO NO NO ONE WAS SUPPOSED TO SEE THAT!!!!" Marinette yelled as Chat Noir sneaked a picture of it on his baton to send to his phone later on, "I don't- well I do but-.. AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

"So you like him?"

"Well I mean yeah but it's not like he'll ever like me so it doesn't even matter and what do you care anyways?"

"First of all, you don't know if he likes you or not, second, you just got through multiple sentences without stuttering."

"Cool and I d-do to know, he likes K-Kagami!"

"Whatever you say!"

"And plus, I uh.. I d-don't think he's the only person I l-like.."

"Ohhhh, girl or boy?"

"Boy dumbass."

"Well can I have a hint?"

"No"

"Please?"

"No!"

"Please?"

"No"

"Please?"

"Fine!"

"Ple- wait what? YESS!!"

"He visits me a lot."

"Oh come one, I don't know who visits you or when? Like, what does he look like?"

Sigh, "Jeez needy, he has blonde hair, green eyes, an-"

"You're literally describing Adrien, the other guy please!"

"I am describing the other guy let me finish!"

"That's what she said hehe."

"Shut the fuck up Chat, anyways, blondie, green eyes, he wears black a lot, and he has his ears pierced." (Chat/Adrien got his ears peirced)

"Ohhh.." Of course Chat Noir did not make the connection that it was himself, because he never imagined that Marinette would like a superhero, let alone Chat Noir.

They talked and played games, and danced, and all of the above, until they had both worn themselves and each other out and decided it was time for bed. And they just confirmed that when they saw that the time was 4:03. '

"Well I guess it's time for you to leave kitty." Marinette said, a little disappointed, as she went to put Adrien's sweater back on.

"Are you high? 'Cause if you think I'm going to leave you alone tonight then you must be high."

"Chat you have to go home, don't you have school too?"

"Well what time does your school start?" Chat asked, knowing exactly when.

"8, why?"

"Well perfect, so does mine. I'll wake you up, then I will leave to get ready for my own classes."

"Why though? Then you won't have as much time to get ready." The two argued back and forth for a while until Marinette finally gave in and let him stay. But why didn't she want him to stay? She did. But she was supposed to leave to get something before school in the morning. She'll just have to get ready quickly.

Hey guys, I am so sorry I haven't been uploading, I was on spring break and spent it with my mom but I forgot my computer at my house so I couldn't work on it while I there, but since I was gone for so long, I wrote an extra long chapter, 2295 words! I am honestly so proud of myself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.3K 586 14
The cold night air made Marinette shiver and cuddle into the red scarf that wrapped around her neck. She looked at the bright lights of Paris, of her...
15.4K 404 12
Marinette Dupain-Cheng is struggling and she's at the point where she might shatter. Afraid to tell anyone about the darkness overwhelming her, she...
466K 15K 32
After a desperate attempt to pull herself through depression, Marinette finds herself struggling to balance being a superhero and a student at the sa...
38.6K 1.4K 6
Adrien Agreste is different. He was born with a curse. He could kill and destroy anything he touched. Ignored and misunderstood by his father, he bel...