Tender Trifles of Love [ON HO...

By S_Godaria

Both were lost in each other's eyes when he snaked his arm around her waist and pulled her towards himself. S... More

Prologue
Character's Introduction
BREAKFAST
ASTHEATICS
NERVOUSNESS
PAST INCIDENT
MARRIAGE PROPOSAL
THE TALK
IT'S A YES
IT'S FIXED
DREAM V/S REALITY
ENGAGEMENT
ENGAGEMENT #2
GREEN EYED MAN
PRE-WEDDING
THE D-DAY
POST-WEDDING
WEDDING NIGHT #1
FIRST DAY
MOTHER-IN-LAW'S OUTFIT
PEHLI RASOI
BACK TO HELL
HOME
HE'S HURT
COTTON CANDY
FIRST DATE
RUINED DATE!!
ONE MONTH!!
UNWANTED GUEST
SHE LIKES HIM!
FIRST KISS-HER & HIS
AFTER EFFECTS OF KISS
CLEARING MISUNDERSTANDING
THE MOMENTS
LOVE, FAMILY, OFFENCE
PYAR
STOMACH ACHE
REALISATION
NICKNAME!?

MARRIAGE PROPOSAL #2

712 35 7
By S_Godaria

Simran 's POV

I was really happy as I got half day leave and escaped from three classes today. The workload at session end time is too much to handle. I was singing and twirling without any care because it's 2pm now, which means Papa would be at the shop and Chitra and Rachit will be at their college and school respectively. And about Mummy, she would be resting in her room after lunch.

I was so happy that while singing, I twirled and removed my dupatta from my neck but I got shocked when my dupatta fell on someone's face. Specifically a man's face. And what I saw after that slipped the floor under my feet. There stood my father and mother with shocked expressions and there were other people too, whom I have never seen in my life.

There was a man older than my Papa and a woman, maybe, his wife and two young men. One of them looked handsome, he must be in his late-twenties or early-thirties. The other man....well I don't know about his looks as his face was covered with my dupatta. I think he was too shocked to remove that from his mouth. And Mummy was glaring at me so hard that if looks could kill, I would have been dead by now. And Papa, he was calm like always but I know he was anything but calm.

I walked towards the man and removed my dupatta from his face. And put my dupatta on my right shoulder. I couldn't gather the courage to look at his face.

Don't know what he must be thinking about me.

Mummy coming out of shock came to me and gave me a look which said We will talk about this later and gestured to greet them.

"Sor...sorry" I said to my mother and turned towards the guests who were looking at me with amusement. Just then I heard someone chuckling but didn't dare to look who that was. I said Namaste and joined my hands but did not dare to raise my eyes towards that man.

"Simu beta, go get freshen up then come... hmmm." Mummy said with a fake smile. I nodded and walked briskly towards my room upstairs as I was so embarrassed that I couldn't stand there any more.

As I entered my room, Mummy came behind me. She glared at me saying, "What was that? You don't know how to behave in front of guests? That is what I have taught you?"

"But....I...I didn't know that we have guests at home. You also didn't tell me when you called." I said.

"So, you mean it's all my fault?"

"No, what I'm saying is that if you would have told me....." I was saying when she interjected

"Enough. We will talk about this later. Now go and get ready. I have selected a dress for you. Wear that only." She said confusing me.

"Why. I mean why do I need to get ready and who are they" I asked about the guests.

"Your soon to be in-laws. Now go and get ready. They are already waiting for so long. I don't want to make them wait anymore. What would they think about us and especially You." She dropped the bomb on my head and I was still processing it.

"And yes, apply little makeup. You are already short heightened on top of your wheatish complexion. I don't know from whom you took that. Everyone in our family has a fair complexion. I'm sure you must have taken it from your dadi only because she has that colored skin....." She said the first sentence loudly enough for me to hear and muttered rest slowly while moving out of the room but I heard it. It's not the first time when my mother or anyone from my family talked about my height and colour. But I can't do anything about it to please them. All my life I did everything to make them happy but this is something which is not in my hands.

I know one thing for sure that my parents won't invite someone at home just like that. If they have invited them, it means they have already decided that they would be my in-laws but I wonder who my to-be-husband is as there were two young men. But the one I saw was looking quite older, so maybe the other guy on whose face my dupatta fell, is my to-be-husband. I don't know how he would be, if he.....oh shit. I forgot I need to get ready.

In the living area

Abhay's POV

I was shocked by the way she entered but no doubt she was looking gorgeous while twirling around and her voice..... that's melodious. I was so lost in her that I didn't even mind removing her dupatta from my face. Her dupatta had her strawberry fragrance.Her hip length hair were flying in the air with each twirl she did. Her big round eyes, cute nose, and pink kissable lips which I could kiss for the rest of my life and die of breathlessness. And the thing which I found sexiest was the mole on the right side of her neck, just two inches above her collarbone.

Abhay control..... Don't behave like a pervert.

Everything was beautiful about her. And she was looking so cute with shocked expressions when she noticed all of us here. I couldn't control my chuckle but covered it with a fake cough. Bhai noticed it and whispered in my ear, "She will be perfectly fit in our crazy family."

From that moment I saw her I knew that she was the one.

I was lost in her thoughts when I heard her mother, Gargi Aunty asking me, "Ummm....beta you didn't tell about your parents..... I mean they should also come to see their daughter in law....right."

My smile fell listening to her. What to say... I never thought they would be asking this.... But I was thinking what to tell her then Mami said, "Actually Abhay doesn't have parents. They died when he was 5 years old. After their death Baba my father in law brought him here and from that time only he has been living with us." I heaved a sigh of relief.

Just then she entered in a pink anarkali dress looking like a Barbie Doll. My doll.

Author's POV

Her mother stood up from her place and said to her, "What took you so long. They have been waiting for you, beta."

"Sorry, woh.... actually my nail paint was not drying." She said showing her nails matching with her dress and sat where her mother was sitting before.

"So beta, you all live together. Joint family right?" Rajiv asked.

"No Uncle, We don't live in the same house but keep visiting each other. And me, I live alone in Nanu's house." Abhay replied politely.

"Sorry beta, don't mind but I think it's important for us to know that the guy whom we are going to give our daughter's hand if he has his own accommodation or not." He said sincerely.

"No, no uncle, you have all the rights to ask anything you want." Abhay replied.

"Okay then, if you don't mind can we also ask some questions to your daughter." Ahana asked Rajiv to make Simran nervous.

"Sure." He said everyone looked at Simran who was looking like she would faint anytime now.

"Simran, right?" Ahana asked acting as a strict mother-in-law.

"Ye...Yess.." She replied nervously.

"You are not able to speak a word without stuttering then how you teach your students." She said making her more nervous.

"By the way, do you know how to cook?" She asked the typical Indian mother-in-law question.

"And even if you don't, then too no need to worry. Our Abhay knows how to cook. He will make tasty dishes for you everyday." Ekansh  joked to which everyone laughed except Ahana. She kept looking at her waiting for her answer.

"Ji" (Yes) Simran replied.

"Good." She said. Aryaman noticed Simran's nervousness so he said, "I think we should let the kids talk somewhere alone....hmmm."

"I am sorry Bhaishab but meeting or talking of the boy and the girl alone before marriage is not allowed in our family." Rajiv stated in opinion.

"But they both have to spend their whole life together so they can spend a few minutes talking to each other so that they can ask each other things and know if they want to live with each other or not." Aryaman explained.

"But please try to understand......" Rajiv again started but Aryaman intervened, "Please we have raised our Abhay better. Don't worry he knows how to behave with a girl. He won't do or say anything which could make your daughter uncomfortable."

It was never about his daughter's comfort. It was about his orthodox thinking.

That's it for today!!!

Tell me how it was!!!

What do you think about Simran's parents' behaviour??

For the silent readers if you can't comment then at least vote. It doesn't take much time. You just have to press that ⭐ button.

Please do let me know your views on the story!!!

Please read, vote and comment your views 🙏🙏

Toodles!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6M 209K 83
STOP RIGHT THERE Mrs Priya Ekaansh Raghuvanshi, a shiver ran down her spine listening his dangerous voice she gulp and tightly close her eyes,she was...
78.3K 2.1K 19
𝐌𝐲 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 : [𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗗] ______ 𝙷𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚢 𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐 ____________________________________________ He lifted my dress I felt his war...
225K 7.5K 30
Story set in 1930s He is looking at me like I am his meal . I don't know what to do so I just stand still. "Come here sugandha "he said in a low yet...
2.6M 123K 45
*(Unedited) ⚠️: Has a lot of , i repeat a lot of spelling and grammatical mistakes read at your own risk . Do not complaint about it later in comment...