True friends come from unexpe...

Per Irish_Wolves

Harry has been forced into the Triwizard Tournament against his will. Most of the students have accused him o... Més

Understanding the facts
Revenge Plans
The Pranking begins
AN
Good Karma and Bad Karma
Lending a helping hand
Rita Skeeter
Dobby's heads up
AN 2
hunting for evidence
A shock for Draco
Snape's Dream
Pansy's worst nightmare
War against the Greater Good
The reading of the Potter's Will
A new and improved Harry
AN

Luna Lovegood

4.1K 138 24
Per Irish_Wolves

About 40 hours or so had passed, it was Monday morning and Harry woke up around 5:00 AM, which was out of habit, due to his aunt Petunia's many times of forcing the 'freak' to cook breakfast. He grabbed his uniform and robes and headed for the fourth year boys bathroom to take a shower. Harry let the hot water pour over his body, finding it relaxing, and as a good wake-up strategy, though he never had the water too hot. As he got out, Harry checked his surroundings, making sure neither Ron, Hermione, nor Ginny especially were anywhere close by. Meanwhile, Ginny was trying to sneak into the boys dormitory, attempting to seduce Harry, only to be grabbed by her shoulders. Upon turning around, Ginny saw the Gryffindor chasers giving her a stern look.

"You'd better not do anything," warned Angelina. "Harry won't even think of dating you!"

"I'm pretty sure he will," claimed Ginny. "He'll soon see that me being his girlfriend will be amazing!" "I don't think so," said Katie. "You can't expect Harry to just agree with you. You have to work for it!" "Which I am!" said Ginny irritably.

"Uh huh, sure," said Alicia sarcastically. "Now, I suggest you get ready, you wouldn't wanna risk any more points being lost, now would you!"

Ginny huffed in frustration, but reluctantly complied. Her 'time' with Harry was ruined, all because of the chasers. Ron was beginning to wake up by this time, while Hermione had finished showering, then she put her school uniform on. Hermione had, unfortunately for her, ran into the Gryffindor chasers upon making it into the common room.

"Have you seen Harry anywhere?" Hermione asked Angelina.

"No," said Angelina. "Even if I did, I wouldn't tell you, I wouldn't even tell Ronald, nor Ginevra. You only want Harry for your selfish reasons, as do Ronald and Ginevra!"

"Angelina's right!" said Alicia and Katie simultaneously.

Hermione growled in frustration, then she went back to the girls dormitory, to let Ginny know that Harry wasn't anywhere to be found. By that time, Harry was just outside the door to the Great Hall. There weren't many students, and only a few teachers. Harry looked over at the Slytherin table and saw a familiar blonde-haired girl sitting at the end near the doors. Harry summoned up his Gryffindor courage and made his way to the Slytherin table, hoping to surprise Tori.

"Good morning, Tori!" Harry greeted, causing Tori to jump a little.

"Oh hi, Harry, good morning," said Tori cheerfully, when she saw Harry. "I'm surprised you decided to come here, to the Slytherin table!"

"I did read in the Hogwarts rulebook that students can sit at other house tables," said Harry as he sat down across from Tori. "Except for feasts or for some other special occasion."

"Yeah," said Tori. "It's supposed to help promote inter-house friendships."

"After you skipped away yesterday," said Harry as he started piling a plate with food and poured a goblet of orange juice. "I vowed to myself to make friends with students in the other houses. Your offer of friendship inspired that!"

"Aww, shucks, stop it!" said Tori, while blushing, but then giggled.

Up at the staff table, Professors McGonagall and Snape were observing Harry having a conversation with Tori. Both were surprised and impressed with Harry. Dumbledore also witnessed it as soon as he made his way to the headmasters chair and while he was acting like he was fine with it, inwardly, he wasn't pleased.

'Harry needs to be prepared for his destiny,' thought Dumbledore. 'He needs Mr. Weasley and Miss Granger as friends. Harry also needs to marry Miss Ginevra Weasley.'

Back at the Slytherin table, Harry continued chatting with Tori.

"If the Slytherins like Malfoy have a problem with me sitting at their table," said Harry. "They'll need to learn to deal with it. Since you did help me realize that him and his bunch give Slytherin house that bad rap."

The decent Slytherin students were grinning as they listened to Harry. They were starting to have respect for him.

"Yeah, the ferret, nor his pug-faced bitch and their troll-blooded friend want to learn," said Tori with a smirk. "I even tried making them learn the hard way yesterday!"

"You did that?" asked Harry, surprised, as he remembered that moment when he and Neville came across Malfoy, Flint and Parkinson being escorted to the hospital wing. "Neville and I saw their faces, and their problems when he and I were walking back to Gryffindor Tower!"

"Yep, I did do that," said Tori while continuing to smirk. "In the Slytherin common room, the three cornered me, with the ponce pulling me into a forced hug and letting his hands 'wander,' then I started punching and kicking his chest like crazy, breaking several of his ribs, and even breaking his collarbone!"

"Dang," said Harry. "My suspicions of Malfoy trying to take advantage of you were proven to be correct after all!"

"Then Flint attempted that same stunt," Tori continued. "Then, I cast a hyper-itchy charm on him, to last for six hours, making him scratch himself silly, but that made it worse for him because I also added a charm to make the itching worse every he scratched himself, and that also forced him to go to the hospital wing. Then, Pansy the swamp donkey raised her fist at me to punch me in the nose, but she underestimated me by trying to 'talk some sense' into me first, then I cast a stomach-irritation charm on her, also adding a charm to make her vomit that blue goo. I even made it odourless, but the goo was also charmed to give it an exceptionally bitter taste, and anytime she tried spitting the goo out, she would vomit again, with the addition of getting the hiccups!"

Harry was laughing, even Tori was giggling as she finished her story. Not long after finishing, Draco, Pansy and Flint walked in. Draco saw that his arch-nemesis was talking to 'his girl' and felt anger and intense jealousy. Flint and Pansy also saw that, and they, too, weren't pleased to see Potter sitting at their house table, let alone with the girl who Draco believed was his. Draco walked over to confront the two, Potter especially.

"Potter," said Draco, outraged. "What do you think you're doing here at the Slytherin table, especially with my girl?" "Your girl?" said Harry in mock surprise.

"Yes, my girl," said Draco. "She's going to marry me in the future! And nobody gave you permission to sit here." "And who said that I need permission?" asked Harry in a mocking tone.

"Uh, it's, um... p-professor Snape's rule." said Draco, not even acknowledging that Harry was seeing through that lie.

"If you'd check the rulebook," said Harry. "You'd see that students are only required to sit at their house tables for feasts."

Draco knew Harry was telling the truth, but he still refused to acknowledge that.

"Let's make things really clear, Potter," said Draco. "Astoria is my girl, and I don't want you filling her head with crazy ideas."

"Right," said Harry defiantly, then replied with sarcasm. "Like I'd even do such a thing." "Astoria is my girl, Potter!" said Draco.

Harry looked at Tori, and back to Malfoy and said: "I don't see your name on her anywhere. All I see is her name tag on her robes. But if you'd like to have your name changed to a girls' name, I'd be happy to do it for you!"

This made the decent Slytherins laugh. Even the Ravenclaw students (whose table was closest to the Slytherins table) began laughing themselves silly. This made Draco turn pink in embarrassment, so he reluctantly walked toward his usual spot at the Slytherin table. Flint glared at Harry, as did Pansy, but they, too, reluctantly walked toward their usual spots. Tori was giggling like crazy, with Harry finding himself unable to resist laughing, and joined in on it. The Hufflepuffs and the Gryffindors got wind of what Harry said to Draco, and they, too, found it funny. The teachers tried to refrain from doing so, but were having trouble trying not to laugh after they got wind of what Harry told Draco. Ron, Hermione and Ginny entered the Great Hall and spotted Harry at the Slytherin table. They weren't pleased, especially Ron and Ginny. Ginny began marching over to Tori, only to have Hermione hold her back.

"Not here," said Hermione. "We'll deal with that later."

Ron and Ginny reluctantly let Harry be, but they decided to have a 'talk' with Harry on their own time. Daphne, Tracey and Cynthia entered the Great Hall not long after. They saw Harry sitting across from Tori, which surprised them. They also saw the two, and many others laughing. Daphne asked Tori what was so funny, but Tori was still laughing, and couldn't answer. So Daphne and Tracey sat next to Harry, while Cynthia sat next to Tori.

"So what happened?" Daphne asked Harry.

"You missed the show," said Harry. "Draco, being arrogant as usual, was claiming that Tori is his girl, so I looked at her name tag, and told Draco that that was all i saw, then I told him that if he wanted his name changed to a girls' name that I'd be happy to do it for him!"

"Did you really?" asked Daphne, while Harry nodded.

Daphne, Tracey and Cynthia started laughing. Draco glared at Potter, but the arrogant blonde ferret was still pink with embarrassment. How dare Potter humiliate him like that! He tried making clear who Astoria 'belonged' to, and all he got was humiliation. Pansy patted Draco on the back for comfort, while Flint 'assured' that Potter would 'pay.' Daphne, Tracey and Cynthia properly introduced themselves to Harry, and they also assured Harry that they believed that he never entered his name for the tournament, which Harry was grateful for. Soon, the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students arrived for breakfast.

Once breakfast was over, the students began heading off to their lessons. Harry and his fellow fourth year Gryffindors were having charms first, with the Ravenclaws. Harry and Neville took shortcuts (which Harry found out about after Fred and George gave him the marauders map last year), intending to throw Ron and Hermione off track, so Harry wouldn't have to sit next to either of them. They made it to Professor Flitwick's classroom and found seats in the middle row. Ron and Hermione arrived a couple minutes after Harry and Neville, and they couldn't believe Harry was sitting by Neville. Soon, Professor Flitwick arrived and began today's lesson.

"Now, today," said Professor Flitwick. "We're going to be learning the summoning charm. Would anybody like to tell me what the summoning charm is?"

Almost immediately, to no ones' surprise, Hermione's hand was up, and she said: "It summons a specific object to the caster."

"That's right, Miss Granger," said Professor Flitwick. "Ten points to Gryffindor! Now this charm is useful when you need something to come to you quickly, where walking back to one particular place and back wouldn't be possible. You'll need to focus on the summoning of the object after you cast the spell. Now, let's try practicing it!"

So everybody began practicing the summoning charm. Harry and Neville managed to get it after five tries, earning their house ten points apiece. Harry and Neville looked over at Ron and Hermione, who were arguing over how to cast the spell and with Ron asking why he should practice it when he doesn't think he'll need it. Harry and Neville rolled their eyes at Ron's lack of a work ethic.

Soon, charms class was finished, and Harry and Neville started walking to the greenhouses for herbology, who they were sharing with the Hufflepuffs. Today's herbology lesson was to learn about the properties of Bubotuber Pus.

Professor Sprout finally came in, greeted the fourth year Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs, and began the lesson.

"Bubotuber Pus is valuable, known for it's many potion uses," explained Professor Sprout. "Can anybody name a potion the pus is used in?"

Hermione raised her hand, but Harry beat her to the punch, which didn't impress her. Professor Sprout called on Harry, causing Hermione to seethe in anger.

"The butotuber pus is used in beautifying potions, professor." said Harry.

"That's correct, Mr. Potter, ten points to Gryffindor," said Professor Sprout. "Now, would anybody like to tell me what else the pus is used for?"

Neville's hand shot up before Hermione could raise her hand, causing her to seethe in anger even more. "The pus is also know for it's healing powers, professor," said Neville. "And for it's pimple curing, too!"

"That's correct, Mr. Longbottom," said Professor Sprout. "Another ten points to Gryffindor! Now, when you squeeze it out of the swellings, remember to put it in the small jars at the work tables, and try not to let some spill out. Make sure you have your dragon-hide gloves, or else yellow boils will break out if the pus touches your skin, and you'll have to go to the hospital wing to have Madam Pomfrey treat it!"

Soon Professor Sprout divided the class into groups of four. Harry and Neville unfortunately, had to work with Ron and Hermione, both who were unimpressed with Harry hanging with Neville, but Ron spoke up.

"Ginny isn't happy with you," he said to Harry. "And sitting at the snakes' table at breakfast was especially bad."

"Yeah, well, you didn't make it to breakfast quickly enough," said Harry with some defiance in his voice. "What's wrong with making friends outside your own house?"

"The snakes can't be trusted," seethed Ron through gritted teeth. "There'll be trouble for you if you make Ginny cry." "Somehow, I don't think Harry ever thinks of Ginny that way," said Neville. "You can't force somebody to like someone."

"Who asked you, Neville?" snapped Hermione, unwittingly catching Professor Sprout's attention. "Harry and Ginny are destined to be with each other."

"Miss Granger, this is not the time to discuss relationships," scolded the herbology teacher. "And I saw that angry look you gave Mr. Potter and Mr. Longbottom when they raised their hands before you did."

"But professor..." said Hermione.

"But nothing, Miss Granger," said Professor Sprout irritably. "You need to give other students a chance to answer questions. Now, get back to your assignment."

Hermione fumed when Professor Sprout walked away, she knew Professor Sprout was right, but simply refused to acknowledge it. Soon, herbology was over, where Harry, Ron and Neville began walking to Divination, a class Harry dreaded. Professor Trelawney was the divination teacher, and she almost invariably mispredicted anything accurately. Harry suspected that Trelawney was a fraud, but the main reason why he dreaded the class was because Trelawney kept 'predicting' his death over and over.

'One more,' thought Harry desperately. 'I mean, one more false prediction about my death, and I swear, I'm gonna go to Professor McGonagall and ask her to switch to another class!'

But, as usual, Harry's luck in divination just wasn't on his side. Professor Trelawney began 'predicting' Harry's death, this time, 'during' the first task of the Triwizard Tournament. Ron was neutral, while Neville was able to tell how irritated Harry was getting. It was taking alot of willpower for Harry not to lash out, not wanting to risk any point loss, or detention. Another one of Harry's deaths was 'predicted,' during the second task, and a final one 'being' in the third task. By that time, Harry finally snapped, having had enough. Once class was over, Harry was blood-boiling, and everybody close by kept their distance.

'Well, now she can be added to my list of people due to get pranked.' thought Harry angrily.

Luckily, Harry had a free period after Divination, which gave him a chance to try and relax and get rid of the anger. So he walked to his favourite spot by the Black Lake and sat down on the tree stump. He was sitting there for like five to ten minutes, when he received a visitor.

"Hello, Harry Potter!" said a dreamy voice from his left.

Harry turned toward the voice and saw a girl with dirty-blonde hair, pale-white skin, and silvery gray eyes that seemed to be in a dreamy-like state. She also had radishes for earrings, and a necklace made of what looked like butterbear corks. Her robes had blue trimmings, identifying her as a Ravenclaw student.

"Um, hi," said Harry irritably, still in a bit of a bad mood. "Come to ridicule me for my apparent attempt at more fame and glory, and call me a cheat, I see."

"No, not at all," said the girl. "I believe that you never entered!" "You believe me?" asked Harry, baffled.

"Yes, Harry," the girl replied. "You don't look like the kind of person who wants more attention. I'm a really good observer, and the number of times I've observed you, I can tell that you don't like the fame you already have!"

"Well, uh, thank you," said Harry with relief in his voice. "You're the first, and only Ravenclaw to believe that I've been telling the truth. May I ask who you are?"

"Oh, I'm sorry," said the girl, holding a hand out at Harry. "I'm Luna, Luna Lovegood!"

"Nice to meet you, Luna," said Harry, shaking her hand. "It seems like the majority of the wizarding world will believe any bad thing about me, instead of asking me for my side of the story."

"Yeah, I understand your situation," said Luna. "But your true friends will believe you, no matter what."

"People keep taking them from me," Luna admitted sadly. "In fact, they also take alot of my stuff, and have also been known to rip up my homework. But, the stuff that gets taken from me usually comes back, somehow."

"Why haven't you reported this to Professor Flitwick?" asked Harry. "He is your head of house, after all, and I'm sure he'd be able to put a stop to it, as stealing is wrong."

"I would," said Luna downheartedly. "But, I don't want to be seen as a tattle-tale."

Harry could feel sympathy for Luna, as he remembered his primary school days, where Dudley and his gang would beat him up at recess, and anytime he'd report Dudley and his gang's bullying or if a teacher caught them, Dudley would just either lie, or exaggerate the situation, then Vernon would come to the school and bribe the teachers and the headmistress to keep quiet, which Harry eavesdropped on one of those discussions, then Harry would get punished unjustly for 'making up lies about Diddykins,' and be forbidden from having any meals for a week.

"Do all of your fellow Ravenclaws do this, or is it a certain group?" asked Harry.

"A group of my fellow Ravenclaw eagles," said Luna. "They're all in the fifth year. The leader is that Cho." "Cho and her group of friends have been doing this to you?" said Harry, outraged.

"Yeah," said Luna sadly. "Mostly Cho herself and her best friend, Marietta Edgecombe."

"Cho and her friends now have been added to my list of students who will be on the receiving end of pranks," said Harry. "Anything I can do to help you, Luna?"

"If you can make the thefts stop," said Luna. "That'd be wonderful!"

"I could cast some anti-theft charms on your trunk," suggested Harry. "But, I'm not sure if students can go into any common room that isn't theirs."

"Students in different houses can come in if they're invited in," said Luna. "That could work to your advantage." "I've got one way I could walk by, undetected!" said Harry.

"What's that?" asked Luna.

"Well, I have an invisibility cloak," said Harry. "It belonged to my dad. I could use that, so none of the other Ravenclaw students will spot me, and if you do talk to me, you can use code words, or talk to me in an indirect way!"

"Yeah, that could work," said Luna, who began beaming. "Maybe in the afternoon when classes end for the day, you can start."

"Sounds like a plan, Luna." said Harry.

"I'd better be off," said Luna. "I have to go to potions class, which starts in ten minutes." "Alright, take care, Luna." said Harry,

So he watched Luna skip away, and then he himself got up and started walking to Transfiguration with the Slytherins. (later that day)

After classes ended for the day, Harry returned to Gryffindor Tower to grab his invisibility cloak, and then made a beeline for the Ravenclaw common room entrance. He spotted Luna on the way, and she led Harry to Ravenclaw Tower, then she instructed Harry to hide, while Luna herself hid and spied on the entrance to Ravenclaw Tower as well, to make sure all the Ravenclaws leave the tower. Once she was sure every Ravenclaw left, Luna and Harry walked up to the entrance, where the portrait asked Luna a riddle, and she gave it the correct answer, which surprised Harry.

"Ravenclaws have to answer a riddle," explained Luna. "Okay, put the cloak on and follow me."

Harry put the cloak on and started following Luna, making sure to keep close, just in case. Once they made it to the entrance to the Ravenclaw girls dormitory, Luna turned around.

"It would be helpful if someone could give me a hand!" she said.

So Harry stuck his hand out of a sleeve, with Luna grabbing it, then she led Harry in, where they climbed the stairs to the third floor, where the third year girls sleep. Once they were in, Luna locked the door, and Harry pulled his cloak off as Luna pulled her trunk out from under her bed.

"I had to hold your hand in order for you to come into the girls dormitory," explained Luna. "That's because if any of the boys try to enter uninvited, they will experience a charm where every time they climb the stairs, all doors bring them back to the entrance, regardless of what floor level it's on or how long you climb the stairs."

"Oh okay, that makes sense." said Harry.

So Harry got out his wand, pointed it at Luna's trunk and cast some anti-theft charms. While the caster would be immune to the effects, Harry made sure that Luna could open it so that she doesn't experience the effects of tripping the charm.

"This is one of the anti-theft charms I used on my school trunk," said Harry. "Just in case if any Gryffindors, especially my former best friends, try to steal my stuff, like my heirlooms or anything of value. This anti-theft charm will turn the culprit's hands red, as if to say that they've been caught red-handed!"

"Excellent, Harry," said Luna. "This will be a big help, thank you very much!" "Anytime," said Harry. "A good friend looks out for one another!"

"Really, you wanna be my friend?" asked Luna, flabbergasted. "Of course," said Harry. "Everybody needs friends!"

"Thank you, Harry!" said Luna, giving Harry a hug, who returned it.

So Harry put his cloak back on, then he left. Luna breathed a sigh of relief that Harry helped out. This will teach anybody a lesson if they even think of trying to open her trunk to take anything. Cho and her friends will be in for a shock. Things were going to change for Luna, now that she has Harry as a friend.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

61.7K 1.6K 16
by: DriftWood1965 Published with permission Harry allows Ron to compete for him in the tournament. How does he fare? This is a Harry/Hermione story w...
1.8K 218 18
Draco Malfoy and the gang are returning for another year but this year will be unlike any other. Hogwarts will play host to the Triwizard tournament...
22.9K 700 34
Catherine Fiona Walker, a talented witch interested in Dark Arts, gets an unique chance to do her dream job - she became a Professor in her former sc...
23.7K 820 31
Hermione x Male Reader This contains Mental Illness and addiction so please be careful reading this! Y/N is a depressed mess of a student who made th...