Talk to Me, Princess | Marich...

By hayleyfaithxox

Marinette was always the best at overthinking, and the worst at calming herself down. When things become over... More

Chapter One - The Beginning
Chapter Two - Just a Phone Call, Right?
Chapter Three - We Could Be So Much More
Chapter Four - Spontaneous
Chapter Five - My Feeble Mind
Chapter Six - Croissant, Anyone?
Chapter Seven - Thank you, George A. Romero
Chapter Eight - Times like These
Chapter Nine - You Should Really Learn to Knock
Chapter Ten - The Best Dog Washing Team to Ever Exist
Chapter Eleven - I Don't Want to Hold You Back, I Want to Hold Your Hand
Chapter Twelve - Who Even Likes Twitter Anyways?
Chapter Thirteen - Ladybug's Wrath
Chapter Fifteen - Face My Fears
Chapter Sixteen - Food is My Love Language
Chapter Seventeen - Stepping Into Dangerous Territory
Chapter Eighteen - Things We Shouldn't Do but We Did Anyways
Chapter Nineteen - Two Halves of the Same Heart
Chapter Twenty - Terms and Conditions
Chapter Twenty One - Difficult Conversations
Chapter Twenty Two - You're So Pretty It Hurts | Chat Noir's POV
Chapter Twenty Three - This Is What Im Living For
Chapter Twenty Four - I Dont Wanna Miss When You Cry
Chapter Twenty Five - All The Pieces Crumbling Apart
Chapter Twenty Six - Nightmares no Longer Wait for Sleep
Chapter Twenty Seven - The Roots of My Heart
Chapter Twenty Eight - To Believe Its All Been Worth The Fight
Chapter Twenty Nine - I've Always Wanted to be a Spy
Chapter Thirty - In The Eye of the Hurricane
Chapter Thirty One - The Most Unlikely of Allies
Chapter Thirty Two - Just Breathe
Chapter Thirty Three - It Just Won't Stop
Chapter Thirty Four - Survival of the Fittest
Chapter Thirty Five - Winner Takes It All: Part One | Viperion's POV
Chapter Thirty Six - Winner Takes It All: Part Two
Chapter Thirty Seven - The Consequences of My Poor Choices
Chapter Thirty Eight - The Way I Am Without You Now
Chapter Thirty Nine - The Reason Why We Still Smile
Chapter Forty - Natures First Green is Gold; Her Hardest Hue to Hold
Chapter Forty One - So Dawn Goes Down To Day
Chapter Forty Two - Nothing Gold Can Stay | The End
Epilogue - Forever a Hero
BONUS CHAPTER - ONE: With Tear Stained Cheeks | POV: Chloe Bourgeois
BONUS CHAPTER - TWO: I Need Her |POV: Felix Fathom
BONUS CHAPTER - THREE: I Wanna Be Yours | POV: Luka Couffaine
BONUS CHAPTER - FOUR: Flowers In Her Hair | POV: Juleka Couffaine
BONUS CHAPTER - FIVE: Changing For The Better | POV: Adrien Agreste
BONUS CHAPTER - SIX: Till Death Do Us Part | POV: Marinette Dupain-Cheng
BONUS CHAPTER - SEVEN: My Forever After | POV: Marinette Dupain-Cheng
Authors Note - Thank You + Spin Off Update <3

Chapter Fourteen - Don't Blame Me

781 17 22
By hayleyfaithxox

I drop into an alley, quickly detransforming and feeding Tikki. She takes the small cookie and dives into my pocket to hide from the world while she replenishes her energy.

The taste of Chat Noir lingers on my lips, it was fresh and sweet. Like a chocolate covered mint. The gentleness of his lips, the warmth he provided.

It... it was amazing.

I would do anything to go back and quickly relive those moments. Embarrassment floods throughout me, but I can't help myself from enjoying that whole ordeal.

I stare at my feet, unable to calm my racing heart yet again. Chat Noir has that affect on me, and I can't decipher how that makes me feel anymore. I'm in love with Adrien, right? So how could I yearn for another boy?

It feels so wrong.

"Marinette." His voice floats through my mind, soothing the storm within. I look up to see a flash of Chat Noir before he quickly embraces me. He practically flops into my arms, and I struggle to hold him up.

"Hey, kitty. It's okay, it's okay." I say softly, trying to smooth him. I hold him close, his head tucked into the crook of my neck. My face burns red hot, his breath on my bare skin making me flustered.

I need to be there for him, and to do so I need a clear mind. Now is not the time for such thoughts.

"I'm sorry, Princess. For everything."

"You saved me, what are you sorry for?" I rub his back, tensing as I feel him pull away from my touch. Did I do something wrong?

He looks at me, reaching out to tuck my hair behind my ear.

"I'm sorry for putting you in a position where you needed to be saved in the first place." His voice cracks, breaking my heart even more.

"Everything is okay, Chat. I promise." He stares at me, looking so vulnerable and nervous.

I stare at his lips, wanting to experience kissing him again. But it's not a good idea, especially since he kissed Ladybug, not me. And he loves someone who isn't me, and I love someone who isn't him.

However, I can't deny my attraction to him.

"I'm so happy you're okay." He says quietly, his protectiveness making me blush. He's just doing his job as a hero, I shouldn't take it so personally.

Images of him fighting for me flashes across my mind, making my knees weak. He was so passionate about protecting me, would he really react that way for anyone? Could I be... special to him too?

The idea of Chat Noir getting so worked up while saving someone else makes me feel like I might vomit, an emotion similar to jealousy washes through me. I try to shake the thoughts out of my head. He's a hero.

That's part of what I love about Chat Noir. He's good, through and through.

"Let's get you home. Your family is probably worried sick." He says after a few moments of silence.

He doesn't need to pull me into him this time, I'm tired enough that I walk into his embrace and hold him first. He stiffens before gently wrapping his arms around me in return, nuzzling his face in my hair.

A few moments later, he takes off with me in his arms, and we head back to my place.

—————
I wake up mid-day, a little disoriented from sleeping in so long. My parents didn't bother to wake me, they even shut the bakery down for the day so we could rest and spend time together.

Last night I watched them both cry. I guess there was a live broadcast of the Fake Ladybug and I up on the Eiffel Tower.

I watched it a few times over before I had to turn the TV off. Especially when the news coverage showed Chat Noir and I kissing so passionately.

On top of that, they painted me out to be overly aggressive. Unhinged, and combative. "A new side of Ladybug! Fury and fire, the hero we loved turned psycho". It was embarrassing.

Begrudgingly, I flop out of my bed and make my way downstairs to get something to eat. My tired limbs protest, and my fuzzy mind works with my body for only one thing in common; the need for some normalcy.

Lately, nothing has been normal.

My mom envelopes me in a hug, my dad doing a funny little speed walk to quickly join us. We stand there in comfortable silence, content in our group hug.

"Are you okay, sweetheart?" My mom asks gently, pulling away to cup my face and stare at me. I nod my head, thankful for their love and support.

"Let's make something to eat then." My dad pipes up, giving my shoulder a little squeeze. We work together in the kitchen making a small meal, chatting away. For the first time in a long while, things feel kind of normal. This is what I needed.

I mean, as normal as things can be after being attacked by a fake version of Ladybug and fighting for my life.

I don't bother to check my phone, not wanting to see everyone talking about what happened. Especially seeing videos of that kiss with Chat Noir. That was a special, intimate moment, and I hate that we had to share that moment with everyone.

I hate it even more knowing that it doesn't mean the same for him. I know he only kissed me because he had too, and that his feelings for me are gone.

Feeling a sense of loneliness and sadness that I can't quite explain, I shovel some scrambled eggs in my mouth and try to ignore the thoughts of Chat Noir that keep popping up in my mind.

Alya comes bursting in about an hour later, rushing over to tackle me. I fall off my chair wheezing as she's squeezing the life out of me.

She carries herself with the confidence that only a friend who's been around for so long could muster. She's basically my parent's second child at this point, knocking at the door would feel ridiculous.

"You big idiot, answer your damn phone." She exclaims, squishing my face. I giggle, swatting her hands away. My parents just laugh, shaking their heads at the two of us.

Standing up, Alya offers me a hand and drags me up off the ground.

"There's too much going on, I didn't want to get sucked into the social media storm taking place." I say guiltily, feeling bad for worrying her.

"Yeah, well, your best friend was already doing internet damage control. Don't worry, it'll pass soon enough." She smiles at me, and I swear I couldn't love this girl anymore than I already do. She's such a great friend. The thought of Alya leaving me behind when she goes off to college breaks my heart, and I'm left struggling with my intrusive thoughts once again.

I wish I could have just a moment of peace. It's impossible to escape one's own mind.

"You're the best. Thank you." I say, trying to focus on the present rather than the unknown future. Keeping Chat Noir's advice in my mind, I smile at my friend.

Thinking of Chat Noir's advice reminds me of our kiss, making me feel flustered and heart broken all over again.

Never gonna catch a break, huh?

"Want some food, Alya?" My mom asks, offering her some of our leftovers from our breakfast. Or, well, I suppose lunch. A late lunch, considering it's about 2pm.

"Oh, thank you Mrs. Dupain-Cheng." Alya plops down with a plate of eggs, toast and sausages. She scarfs it down as she scrolls through her phone to show me all the work she's been doing since last night.

She created a post on the LadyBlog to explain the situation that happened. The post reads all about how a Senti-monster looking just like Ladybug attacked a young civilian, based on the fake news being spread about her relationship with Chat Noir. She even wrote about the proof that Chat Noir and Ladybug are a couple, as Paris has suspected all along. She's also been working away heavily with replying to comments on all kinds of social media platforms.

Alya is amazing.

I cringe at the amount of comments that talk about Ladybug as "hot" and "could beat me like that any day". Even in rage, women are sexualized and not taken seriously.

I wasn't trying to be hot, seductive or provocative. I was fucking angry.

"People are gross." I mutter, Alya nodding her head in agreement.

"Amen to that, sister."

We wash up the dishes together before taking off upstairs, Alya swiftly closing the hatch door behind us. She stares me down like a ravenous reporter looking for all the inside scoop. I yelp, running across the room but she pounces like a lion, grabbing me and turning me to face her.

I'm nothing but a small animal about to be feasted upon, trying to hide is futile now.

"A kiss?! Details! Now!" Alya hisses, looking manic and unhinged. I would laugh if it wasn't such a difficult question to answer.

"We needed to throw people off my trail as Marinette." I say sheepishly, and she shoves me back, crossing her arms in disbelief. I stumble but quickly regain my stance.

"Bullshit, that kiss was hot, steamy, and passionate. It screamed lovers! Did you see your face?! You were so in love! You have in love eyes!" She emphasizes, making me cringe.

"I don't know what any of it means, Alya. I think I was just startled. That's all."

"What about how close you and Chat Noir are? Remember what started all of this in the first place? He embraced you in the streets."

"Well, yeah, but I wouldn't really say we're close. More like, we know each other? I don't know!" I exclaim, huffing as I pace my room. Alya watches me intently, one eyebrow cocked. "I don't understand anything, okay? I love Adrien, I want to be with Adrien. I don't want to be with anyone else besides Adrien. But Chat Noir... he was a good kisser. And he's attractive. I was just... caught up in the moment, okay?"

"Suuuure." Alya drawls out, not looking the slightest bit convinced.

"Look, you'll be the first person I tell anything too, when I know anything. Okay? For now, I'm firm on this. I love Adrien Agreste. I only love Adrien Agreste."

"Don't say I didn't tell you so when you realize you love Chat Noir." Alya retorts, a smirk on her face.

"Yeah, well don't blame me when I smack the shit out of you for even implying something so ridiculous." I argue back, and she just giggles.

"Whatever you say, Dupain-Cheng. Want to go out somewhere?" She offers, trying to change the subject.

"Not really, I'm not ready to face the public after all of that last night."

"Binge watch Komi Can't Communicate then?" Alya asks, and I enthusiastically nod my head. We climb into bed, opening up my laptop to start the anime we both adore.

For the time being, I'm just going to hide from the world with my best friend.

Everything will be okay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.3K 785 10
"W-Who are you?" Marinette breathed, her eyes sought his green Cat like glowing eyes in the dark. The masked hero grinned, pulling away from her...
177K 5.3K 20
"Ok everyone, I want you to think about the people in this class. Let's say that there are five universal terms to describe everyone? We'll have jock...
793K 19.6K 49
* I DO NOT OWN THESE CHARACTERS OR THIS IMAGE * This story begins after Ladybug and Chat Noir defeat Lady WIFI. Perhaps Ladybug placed a little too m...
2.3M 77.2K 27
"A Princess deserves to get spoiled everyday, but on her birthday, she should be spoiled even more. Especially since she's you Marinette." These char...