Shudders: Retribution

By Lilas___

[Tsundere and Yandere Demons x Reader] A world where demons and humans can live amongst each other. ... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - The Awakening
Chapter 2 - The Savior
Chapter 3 - The Kill
Chapter 4 - The Trailer
Chapter 5 - The Fabric
Chapter 6 - The Geese
Chapter 7 - The Motel
Chapter 8 - The Trees
Chapter 9 - The Stable
Chapter 10 - The Stable pt. 2
Chapter 11 - The Partners
Chapter 12 - The Map
Chapter 13 - The Storm
Chapter 14 - The Skull
Chapter 15 - The Vines
Chapter 16 - The Shot
Chapter 17 - The Boy
Chapter 18 - The Beach
Chapter 19 - The Trio
Chapter 20 - The Guns
Chapter 21 - The Moment
Chapter 22 - The Stunt
Chapter 24 - The Repeat
Chapter 25 - The Questioning
Chapter 26 - The Bittersweet
Chapter 27 - The Disturbance
Chapter 28 - The Confrontation
Chapter 29 - The Decision
Chapter 30 - The Ambush
Chapter 31 - The Realization
Chapter 32 - The Argument
Chapter 33 - The Help
Chapter 34 - The Gap
Chapter 35 - The Training
Chapter 36 - The Robbery
Chapter 37 - The Sewers
Chapter 38 - The Appreciation
Chapter 39 - The Dream
Chapter 40 - The Peace
Chapter 41 - The Note
Chapter 42 - The Broken Heart
Chapter 43 - The Hostage
Chapter 44 - The Oblivious
Chapter 45 - The Apology
Chapter 46 - The Cut
Chapter 47 - The Train Yard
Chapter 48 - The Mother
Chapter 49 - The Love
Chapter 50 - The Address
Chapter 51 - The Release
Chapter 52 - The Despondent
Chapter 53 - The Answer
Chapter 54 - The Interrogation
Chapter 55 - The Make Up
Chapter 56 - The Covetous
Chapter 57 - The Clash
Chapter 58 - The Room
Chapter 59 - The Hold
Chapter 60 - The Traitor
Chapter 61 - The Fate
Chapter 62 - The Party
Chapter 63 - The Peril
Chapter 64 - The Puppet
Chapter 65 - The Lovers
Chapter 66 - The End
QnA
Fanart

Chapter 23 - The Alone

1.3K 142 110
By Lilas___

Violence Warning ⚠️
———————————————————————————

     (Y/N) pushed herself through a door and slammed it shut once she was inside.

     Her head was getting worse, she was stumbling everywhere and was barely able to see where she was going.

     Her fingers felt where she likely had a gash on her head and felt the blood that seeped out. The knife was still in her shoulder and kept the wound from further losing blood but it made her completely unable to move her arm.

     She slid down the door to the ground and threw her head back to try and catch her breath.

     It was happening again. Just like before, she was all alone, exhausted, injured, and running away from the Elitists.

     All she could think about was Yama. If he was ok and managed to get away too. She didn't want to think about any other outcome besides that.

     He said he'll catch up and he will. He has to.

     What was she going to do now? Keep running forever again until he shows up? She still has to deal with the literal knife in her shoulder and her splitting head that felt like a hammer hitting her skull. She couldn't stay here. In whatever this place was. The Elitists could be on her tail.

      The girl grunted as she grabbed onto a side table next to the door and carefully pulled herself to her feet. Even the slow movement made her head spin, she had to take a few seconds to regain herself.

     Her eyes moved around the room she was in. It was a small storage room. Crates and furniture with cloth thrown over them. There were also some mannequins tucked away into the corner and statues of religious figures lined a wall.

      The darkness of the room made her unnerved, she could easily mistake the mannequins and figures for people.

      Stumbling out of the room, she entered into a short hallway and found a bathroom that she immediately rushed into. Her eyes landed on a first aid kit on the wall but when she forced it open she saw the empty inside of it.

'Of course it was empty. It's been over 300 years.' She thought and left the bathroom with disappointment.

      Yama carried all of the necessary supplies in his bag. He would be patching her up right about now if he were here...

     Back at the fight, she dropped her own gun and rifle during the altercation. The gun was her one means of defense after her abilities and she felt so naked without it. The weapon really grew on her.

     Her vision started to blur again as she walked and she felt herself go lightheaded when she reached a grand room. She caught herself from falling onto a bench and knew that if she keeps on like this her injuries were just going to get worse. The knife in her shoulder has since stopped bleeding but it needs to be treated. She can't walk around like this.

     After she regained her composure, she realized she was inside of a church when her eyes laid on a giant religious statue behind a stage. Rows of benches covered the rest of the room and as her eyes panned over the place she discovered an emergency door with an exit sign on top. She groaned and pushed herself to the door.

      The door slowly creaked open enough to allow the girl to look around first.

      It was another alley with a view of the street just up ahead. She went out some more and glanced behind her. The coast was clear.

      Maybe her plan would be to work her way back to Yama's beach without being discovered. She'll be able to help herself if Yama doesn't find her and at least she'll be somewhere that's safe and that he knows.

      The girl stepped out of the church and moved across the alley to hide behind another building. She stumbled her way across trash and debris and tried to stay mindful of her head and shoulder. For only a few seconds she'll stop to take a break before moving again. But once she reach the end of the long alley, she dove back against a dumpster as soon as she heard noises.

     It was low grunts and snarls coming from around the corner and they were steadily approaching her way.

      (Y/N) panicked as she pushed herself deeper behind the dumpster. She can't fight like this. She can barely move without getting lightheaded.

'What do I do?!' She thought, peeking out to see the demon that rounded the corner.

      To her little relief it wasn't an Elitist. It was another straggler as Yama called them and it carelessly stumbled into the alley, not having sensed the girl yet.

      It was tall, had a long tail that dragged on the ground, and grey skin that was chipping away. Not to mention how skinny it was, it hasn't eaten in days.

      (Y/N) made herself smaller against the dumpster as she watched it trudge by her aimlessly. If she can slip away without it noticing, she won't have to confront it.

      Once the demon passed her, she carefully moved out from the dumpster and moved in the opposite direction. She almost made it around the corner until the demon decided to turn back and search the dumpster it had passed. That's when it laid eyes on the girl's form.

     She jumped when she heard a loud shriek and whipped around to see the demon start to charge her. The suddenness of it made her scream and fall to the ground, feeling her shoulder go enflamed from the impact.

      She hissed back the pain and tried to push herself away but there was only a second until the demon was on top of her.

      In a last-ditch effort, she threw her arm out, expecting her vines to come to her rescue but she felt the feeling of another's blood instead.

      When she opened her eyes and glanced, the demon was standing over her but refrained from moving. Its shaky breathing slowed steadily and she can see its bloodshot eyes and head that was being rushed with blood.

      She wasn't choking it. It wasn't dying in any way either.

      The girl pushed herself to her feet and every move she made, the demon slightly moved too but never to attack her.

      Her hand was still held out as she can feel the blood inside of its head. When she moved her fingers slightly, so did the demon. When her hand moved up and down, so did the demon's head.

      She was controlling it? But how?

      She lifted her other hand to help control it better and figured out how to make it walk pretty easily. It felt like second nature to her.

      If she can control it...

      She had a plan.

      The demon's own blood was piercing into its brain and manipulating its nerves to do whatever the girl wanted. Even carry her on its back and hide her underneath a tarp as it walked the streets.

      (Y/N) felt weird clinging onto a demon that was trying to kill her not too long ago but what better place to hide than on a demon's back?

     The tarp she found lying on the ground was tied around the demon's neck and covered her entire body to keep her from being seen. She left a small space by its neck to see with and carefully focused on keeping this control for as long as she could.

     This beats being on her own two feet. Not having to move brought relief to her head.

     Together, the two moved through the streets and avoided any other demons by sticking to the alleys and traveling across the roofs after (Y/N) discovered that the demon can climb and jump pretty far. If only she could find a familiar landmark or something that can lead her back to the beach. Despite it being a small town, she had run pretty far. Without Yama's directions, she was completely lost.

      Any hope of finding somewhere safe was starting to dwindle but she wasn't going to lose faith in her partner.

      (Y/N) poked her head out as she moved the demon to look around a bus.

      There she spotted them. Two Elitists looking over a body.

      Her heart jumped as fear crept over her when she started to inspect the corpse herself and realized it wasn't the doctor. Just another straggler.

"Mother is going to kill us if we don't bring her back."

"Even with the eleven of us, she still managed to get away thanks to that blond guy."

"Yea but she's not with him now. Should be easier to catch if we can just find her."

     She hoped they would say more about Yama, anything to let her know he was alright. Alive at least. But they continued to plan how they'll find her. The others are searching the area too. It was only a matter of time before she was discovered.

"Hey, you!"

     Her eyes widened as her demon's leg was kicked out and soon they both were sent tumbling to the ground. She hit the ground and was covered in the tarp as she accidentally released the demon from her control.

      From inside the tarp she can hear the demon regain consciousness and shriek as it went to attack the Elitists.

      She can see the shadows of a fight through the tarp. The demon took on the Elitist who snuck up on them and soon it gained the attention of the first two. But no one has noticed her. She kept completely still underneath the tarp while the fights went on around her.

     When she knew the demons had took the fight away from her, she quietly moved out from the tarp and pushed herself to hide behind the bus.

     That demon could only fight for so long against three Elitists. She needed to leave while she had the-

*BANG BANG BANG*

      (Y/N) gasped as she pulled herself to the ground. Gunshots ranged out towards the fighting demons and she covered her head not knowing where they were coming from. She saw the opened doors to the bus and hurriedly ran to climb inside and hide amongst the seats.

      The gunfire continued to shoot as she can hear someone shouting orders to kill on sight.

      Her breathing grew heavier and she was shaking to her core. It was a Zone. They were going to kill the demons. They were going to kill her.

      She peeked out of the windows and saw the familiar smaller trucks pull up and out came several Capturers with weapons who immediately got to work attacking the demons. They mainly focused on disposing of the Elitists since the straggler demon was already super injured and could barely fight. The Elitists proved to be a challenge to the humans as they dipped and dodged around the bullets and went to strike them. But once one got close to a certain Capturer, the human quickly dropped their gun and pulled out a long staff from their belt that extended into a long taser.

     They dodged the demon's attack and twirled their body around before shoving the taser directly into the Elitist's spine.

     (Y/N) watched in horror as a massive amount of electricity went through the Elitist's body and tore at their insides until the demon stopped moving. The taser was then ripped away as the same Capturer went to go help their colleagues.

      She can't let them find her. Not after seeing that.

      The girl crawled to the bus floor and tried to think up anyway of escape. There weren't any alleys she can run to that they wouldn't see her go and the back emergency door was clearly within their line of sight.

      She was trapped. Not by demons this time but by humans. Ground dwellers.

      Her shaking and panic weren't helping her concussion at all. She was staggering even more now and couldn't even see straight. But her adrenaline was making her ignore the signs as she focused on how to escape.

      It wasn't long until the Zone completely dispatched of the Elitists and went to chain down the straggler demon she had controlled. One of them had started talking over a radio and soon sent the others to search the area for more threats.

     Threats meaning demons.

     Demons like her...

     The one with the taser nodded and turned to land their sights on the bus. While their team went to cover the buildings, they began to march to the large vehicle.

     (Y/N) saw this and started crawling toward the back of the bus. Any second now the human was going to climb inside and see her. Then it's over. She was dead.

     The girl  fought back her sudden lightheadedness and stumbled up to her feet to grab onto the latch of the emergency door. If she can just run and get as far away as possible...

"Halt!"

     She froze. They found her.

     Her head slowly glanced back to see the Capturer aiming the taser at her. They were wearing a helmet that concealed their face and light enough armor to where she can make out a feminine form.

"Are you with the dead guys outside?" The Capturer questioned, a matching feminine voice that was slightly muffled by the helmet. But (Y/N) was too afraid to answer. All she could focus on was the taser filled with so much electricity. Ready to kill her just like it killed that Elitist.

"I asked you a question! Are you with of the dead guys outside?" The Capturer repeated, growing impatient.

     (Y/N) whimpered and shook her head quickly, her fingers gripping tightly onto the latch.

     The Capturer soon noticed the blood dripping down (Y/N)'s face and the large knife sticking out from her shoulder. She wasn't wearing a skull and hiding inside of this bus. She didn't look like one of those demons.

"Step forward and refrain from any violence or I'll have to use lethal force. Do you understand?" The Capturer ordered.

'Lethal force?!'

      Instead of doing as the human said, (Y/N) fearfully moved closer to the emergency door and pulled down the latch to get it to open. The Capturer tried to stop her but (Y/N) soon fell out and landed on the concrete ground, gaining the attention of the other Capturers.

     She gnawed at her teeth and pulled herself to her feet as much as she could to run. She needed to find Yama and get away from here. She needed to avoid the Elitists and now these Ground dwellers too.

     She didn't want to die!

     But she could only get so far before a shot rang out and soon she felt something like a needle pierce into the back of her neck and something cold being injected into her system.

     A wave of fatigue and numbness spread across her body as her eyes rolled into the back of her head and she went tumbling down to the ground. Her heartbeat reached her eyes as a loud ringing filled her ears. Everything was slowing down and fading away, she couldn't move. She couldn't feel.

      But she did see the figure of that Capturer approach her. It took her a while to make out the sound of boots coming her way. They aimed the taser at her but once they knew she was down for the count, they pulled the weapon away.

     As everything started to fade away and her body was giving into the effects of the drugs filling her system, her half-lidded eyes glanced up and through her blurry vision she saw the Capturer remove their helmet.

     And then she saw them. Those eyes.

     Those same familiar yellow eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 6.5K 75
(BLACK READERS ONLY) ♡YAN!Demon Slayer x Thick!Black!Reader♡ All minors are either aged up or platonic! Kinda OC, so please read this before you read...
387K 27.3K 61
[Yandere Demons x Reader] Reclamation Day The day that marks when humanity begins its journey above ground in an attempt to reclaim the lan...
224K 9K 55
(Male Yandere Demons x Female Reader) You are just a normal high school girl living a normal life. . . . Until your life is not normal anymore. ____...
570K 24.4K 87
After enduring years of pain as a consequence of being confined by my Yandere stepbrother, I was finally freed from my misery by an unfortunate house...