You're A Keeper (GxG)

By JoBlackheart

Having already been hurt after falling for her straight friend Amy, Drew has vowed not to fall for anyone els... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Epilogue
Credit

Chapter Sixteen

169 12 20
By JoBlackheart

A clock-in voice broke the silence of the office in the dark, followed by the voice of the glass door closed behind Drew. The taller girl carefully held a maroon box with her left hand while her right hand was gripping the strap of her handbag on her shoulder while she slowly walked in the direction of Giselle's cubicle.

The dim light from outside of the glass door helped Drew to find the way even though she hadn't switched on the lights for the office yet. When Drew reached Giselle's cubicle, she pulled the first drawer with a hand and slipped the box into it and tried to cover up the box with the scattered paper inside the drawer, but it would still be visible if the cutie opened the drawer.

Drew quietly pushed and shut the drawer, swiftly walked back to her cubicle, and dropped her handbag on her desk. However, she was startled by a jolt of the phone in her pants pocket when she was just sliding in and taking her seat.

The side of her thigh hit the corner of the table and the cubicle was shaken. In the meantime, the poor taller girl's face wrinkled up with her eyes clamped tight, a hand gripped on the side of her table, and tears pricked the corner of her eyes.

Drew hissed softly as she took out her phone from her pants pocket and answered it.

"Hi, I guess someone is early today!"

The voice was too nice to hear and so soothing to ease Drew's pain. "Hey there. Yup! I'm craving Subway. That's why I'm here earlier," Drew just admitted right away since she was starving, but she knew her voice trembled a bit when she spoke as she cleared her throat.

"Drew, are you okay?"

The voice of the brunette on the phone sounded worried and didn't seem aware of what her senior had replied. Drew couldn't help but smile at the brunette who was always worried for her and she assured her cute friend, "Yup! I'm fine. I hit my table just now and my thigh was a bit hurt."

"Oh my, that sounds awful!" the brunette said with a soft hiss like she was the one who hit the table instead.

Drew said with a chuckle, "It was. But I'm okay now."

"Okay, that's good. I'll see you in a bit!"

"Giselle?" Drew was only able to call out for keeping the brunette on the line. Drew was wondering if it might be a nice time to ask the lovely woman to join her for her breakfast.

"Yes?"

A brief and nice hum of her voice never failed to make Drew swoon for it, the poor taller girl's hand was shaking while holding her phone and she seemed like she lost her tongue. She mentally scolded herself for being too afraid of a friendly invitation since she would do that occasionally whenever she went out for a coffee. 

Then pull yourself together and fight for it, Min! Don't keep 'your' girl waiting!

Drew was shaken by the encouragement from her nanny like a mantra and she eventually took a deep breath and said, "I think you have heard that I'm gonna grab something from Subway, right? And uh... Do you wanna join me? But it's okay if you don't feel like you wanna go out. Maybe I could get a coffee for you instead if you already ate?"

Drew breathed out softly as she used her free hand to smack her warm and shamefully colored face. Feeling bashful, the taller girl shook her head knowingly that she had stammered a lot like a moron.

"Sure, I'd be happy to go and get a hot coffee with you!" Giselle replied with a hearty giggle.

It was simple at that, wasn't it?

Drew was relieved as she broke throaty laughter. She knew Giselle would never decline her, but the silly girl was just afraid to ask.

"Great! I'll see you in a minute!" Drew happily bid goodbye, a broad smile lingering on her face while practically jogging out of the office to not letting her cute friend wait.

Today's working day wasn't what Drew had expected. Unfortunately, she got caught up in a meeting and she wasn't thrilled with the schedule that had been planned. Drew didn't realize this important meeting that she was just taking part in as attendance for Monica's sake would take up a half day. She was upset that this was wasting her precious working time with Giselle and also delaying her work.

Drew was a nice attendee at the meeting, but her mind was definitely in her cubicle. She wished she had an eagle eye for her to check whether her cute friend had seen the gift she had smuggled into the drawer.

An uncontained smile blossomed on Drew's face when she saw a message from Giselle that she had been looking for when she was in this room. Sadly, the smiley face disappeared and was replaced with a pouty face after she read the message. 

"I'll go out for lunch with Amy since she insisted on taking me out. She told me you might have a long day in the meeting."

"Okay, have fun!"

Drew sighed quietly after she replied to the text. She had to give up thinking about what was happening outside of this room since her cute friend was out for lunch. Drew was envious that Amy was lucky and could skip the meeting and have lunch time with Giselle.

The painful meeting eventually ended at 3 pm, and the grumpy taller girl was starving and needed food badly. She briskly walked to her cubicle to grab her purse and go get her late lunch, but she paused when her eyes and the busy brunette's eyes collided.

The brunette never disappointed her senior, she was waving at the taller girl gleefully. That wide smile crept on her pretty face like a big prize for Drew to claim and it kept her bad mood away effortlessly.

In the meantime, Drew tried to take a glimpse at the drawer of Giselle's table, but she had no luck since the drawer remained shut. Perhaps, she was busy. That was what Drew could assume and silently hoped her cute friend had noticed.

"Welcome back!" A sweet voice caught Drew's attention again. Giselle happily indicated the direction of Drew's cubicle, and she noticed a small box on the desk. "We went to a new bakery shop just now. When I saw the strawberry cake, I thought about you." Giselle chuckled softly and added, "I remember you told me strawberry is your favorite. So, I got one for you and I hope you'll like it."

"Thank you," Drew said and she was salivating with the thoughts of the cake.

The brunette's eyes lit up, but when she was about to say something an intercom ringing interrupted her. Drew was watching her cute friend swiftly pick up her phone and answered it with a brief and nice greeting. After she finished listening, she replied with a courteous smile, "Okay, I will get there shortly!"

Once Giselle had put down her phone she sighed softly and murmured, "I have to see Miss Monica."

"Is everything okay?" Drew asked.

"Don't worry, she just wants to go over my new work," Giselle assured her, and gave a small wave.

"But, you already have so much to catch up-" Drew was interrupted by Giselle's phone ringing again as the brunette quickly pick up her phone and breathed out, "I'm sorry. I'm right away."

"I'll be right back," Giselle squeaked while taking a notebook and quickly heading to the door of the office.

Drew slumped her shoulders and sighed. In the meantime, she was wondering whether she needed to check the drawer about a gift she smuggled in, but she decided to leave it since it wasn't nice to do that without Giselle around.

The growl of her tummy was loud enough to remind Drew to eat. She caressed her empty stomach and smiled at the box on the table and quite looked forward to seeing how it tasted. Without any delay, Drew took the small box of cake and happily headed to the pantry to eat.

A few hours had passed, and neither of them had any more chances for small talk, especially Giselle, who was swamped with the new work assigned by Monica. Drew was getting desperate to know about the gift, but she didn't want to interrupt her busy friend.

Drew decided to stay late again, and as she stretched her arms over her head while checking the clock she noticed that it had passed 9 pm. She realized she practically had wasted her time dreaming. She looked across her table and the brunette's light brown eyes were focusing on the screen while her lips pouting in concentration looked so adorable.

"Wait, wait... I almost got there," the brunette said softly, and her face relaxed as she glanced at her senior and said, "I just need a few more seconds to finish them."

"Take your time," Drew replied as she broke a small smile while leaning her back against her chair and watching the brunette.

"Okay, I'm done!" Giselle squealed after hitting enter and seemed excited about her achievement. Her light brown eyes gazed at her senior and mentioned with a sheepish grin, "I have checked one round. Do you mind  double-checking once again?" Giselle pressed her hands together with a chuckle.

"Of course," Drew replied as she tried to click Giselle's sharing file and asked, "Where did you save it?"

"In folder G," Giselle answered softly.

Drew clicked the file, and her eyes scrutinized the work that had been done by Giselle. Drew chuckled as she started doing corrections for Giselle.

"Oh, I thought the copy was perfect!" Giselle pouted her lips as she stood up and walked toward Drew's cubicle.

"It's just a minor error. That's my job for double-checking, right?" Drew explained as her body stiffened when Giselle's head was inching closer and hovered over her shoulder to look at the LCD screen. "Can you tell me what one I missed?" she murmured.

Drew pointed at the figure on the screen, and she clicked undo to reveal the old number Giselle had typed as the brunette scoffed and muttered, "How did I miss that?"

"You're overworked today, you did it well," Drew said genuinely.

"Thank you," Giselle said as she stood straight and said, "I'll send them to Miss Monica."

The pair walked side by side in the basement, and Drew was surprised that their cars were next to each other.

"It's a lucky day. I was able to park right next to you!" Giselle beamed.

"The only lucky thing for us today, huh," Drew chuckled.

"I know you're happy that you don't need to walk me to my car," Giselle joked while a hand gently slapped her senior's upper arm.

"You know I'll always be happy to do that, right?" Drew quipped in return, but she meant it.

"I know, but I just prefer it if we park our cars next to each other," Giselle said while biting her lips.

"We can do that if you like," Drew said while she paused and watched Giselle putting her files in the trunk of her car.

"You have to leave home earlier then," Giselle flashed a grin while she was shutting the trunk of her car and walking to the driver's seat and ready to open the door.

"That isn't a problem for me," Drew smiled in return.

"Really?" Giselle asked with a hopeful smile.

"Yea, if you don't mind joining me for breakfast after that since I have to skip making one," Drew chuckled.

"Of course, I love their coffee!" Giselle grinned and playfully lifted a pinkie finger, "Promise?" Drew nodded her head in return with a hearty chuckle, "Promise!"

"Good! I'll see you tomorrow anyway. I can't wait for that trip," Giselle gushed while opening her car door.

In the meantime, something finally came to Drew's mind as she quickly opened Giselle's car door while the brunette seemed surprised as she took her handbag to put on her lap and left the space for her senior to sit on it.

Drew quickly slipped on the seat and said, "I actually had put something in your desk drawer. I was wondering if you saw it?"

An amused smirk crept on Giselle's face, and she opened her handbag and took out the maroon box and teased, "Are you looking for this? I thought you would never ask!"

"It's supposed to be a surprise for you, but I think I'm too terrible for doing this. I'm glad you saw it," Drew chuckled and she was happy Giselle had taken it. She shook her head and said, "I knew maybe this is unnecessary to play around like that since it is not something fancy. It is just a cookie with a special recipe from Delilah."

"Oh, that's lovely!" Giselle clutched the box close to her chest and she asked sweetly, "Can I see it?"

"Yes, but be ready for them. It might not be as good as you thought," Drew said nervously and she was thankful the dim light of the car could hide her pinkish face.

"I'd be happy with anything from you, Drew," Giselle assured softly and she gingerly pulled the string of the ribbon and opened the lid of the box. Giselle's eyes were shiny and looking at the heart-shaped chocolate cookies like a masterpiece. "This is so cute!"

"I'm glad you like it, but I'm not sure if you'll like the taste," Drew said softly.

"I can tell it will taste great, but they're too cute to eat," Giselle pouted her lips.

"I can always make more for you if you like them," Drew quickly assured her cute friend.

"That's great! Maybe I want teddy bear cookies next," Giselle grinned.

"Okay, I hope I won't disappoint you," Drew joked and the brunette effectively giggled.

The pair eventually stopped laughing and Drew smiled at her cute friend and said, "Have a safe drive, I'll call you."

Giselle nodded her head and gave a small wave, "Bye, Drew."

Drew waved in return and was ready to get out of the car, but her left arm was grasped by a delicate hand to pull her closer, followed by a cotton soft flesh pressing her left cheek. "Thank you for the cookies, Drew."

The mesmerizing voice and a surprise cheek kiss made it so Drew couldn't walk for a moment. Drew's face was boiling in high temperature, and she turned to look at Giselle who seemed like sharing the same color face even though the dim light of the car hid it well. But it couldn't hide the shy smile on her face.

"It's my pleasure," Drew said softly and waved at Giselle once again. She quickly got out of the car to shut the door and made a phone call gesture before getting into her car.

Drew leaned her back against her car seat, taking a few deep breaths to calm down her jackhammer heartbeat. She quickly locked her car door, pulled her safety belt and started her car engine. She eventually took her phone to make a call and started driving when the phone connected after a ring.

~~~

A/N: Link above is the song they were listening 😉

Happy reading, mates!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.9K 1.8K 21
"Look at her blushing, Rose. Do we make you nervous, tesoro?" "Yes" I respond, my eyes closing. The pleasure is too much. "If I have to tell your t...
85.1K 3K 41
"Miss Gallo meet your new lawyer, miss Moretti,"she says and I'm still rooted to the spot unable to move. Unable to turn and face her.what was i thin...
20.5K 487 25
"Alexandre, why are you making go through this? When you clearly know what you asked of that day was and still is impossible for me to do" "Who said...
733K 26.4K 37
Sam, a shy, 16 year old, closeted lesbian who has anxiety issues and abusive parents meets Avery, a soon to be Beta, who wasn't expecting to find her...