Fighting The Light (A Harry P...

By hogwarts-is-my-home8

Amber Chamberlin disliked James Potter very much. There was no way of putting it simpler or plainer. From the... More

Fighting The Light (A Harry Potter Next Generation Fanfic Book 1)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Epilogue

Chapter 13

7.2K 206 53
By hogwarts-is-my-home8

James Potter

"Goodnight Amber." I told her with a smile, I then did the stupidest but greatest thing that I've ever done in my life. I leant forward and pressed my lips against her cheek before bounding up the stairs and around the corner so that I was out of sight.

I leant against the wall, shocked at what I had just done. My lips were still tingling from the way that her soft skin felt beneath my lips and I kept dabbing my finger against them ever so often, trying to remember why I had done that. I was so stupid! She was never going to like me back now! She probably though that I was joking around with her and we'd never become good friends, never mind get into a relationship! Stupid move Potter.

"Mate, what are you doing stood out here looking like you've just seen a ghost?" Kyle was stood in the doorway to our dormitory with a smirk on his face.

"I'm coming in now." I told him, pushing past him and entering the room where Tanner and Fred were sat on the bed's opposite each other and laughing at something the other person had said.

"James! You're back! Did you have fun with Amber?" Tanner wiggled his eyebrows as I rolled my eyes and sat down on my own bed.

"I've been stupid Tanner." I replied with a sigh.

"What? Why?!" Tanner, Fred and Kyle were now all looking at me worriedly, waiting for me to continue.

"I kissed her." I sighed.

"What?!" Tanner cried, charging forward and sitting next to me on my bed.

"Only on the cheek Tanner, calm down." I rolled my eyes.

"That's good, is it not?" Fred asked, looking confused.

"No it isn't, Lily gave me some advice today." I told them.

"Lily as in your sister Lily?" Tanner asked.

"Yes, Nadia sent her to find me and she did and gave me some advice."

"Nadia's smarter than we think, she really knows when something's wrong." Kyle told us.

"She is. Anyway, Lily told me that I should become friends with her first, good friends. She'll trust me then and I would be in a better position at getting a chance with her." I explained what Lily had told me earlier that day.

"She's smart that sister of yours, I suppose that's true really." Tanner nodded his head in agreement.

"But I've just gone and blown it by kissing her on the cheek." I told them with a sigh.

"It could be seen as a friendly gesture though James." Fred shrugged.

"I doubt it Fred, she's probably guessed by now." I replied.

"Nadia and Cassie would encourage her to guess as well. But she may have just seen it as a nice gesture." Tanner nodded his head once.

"You'll only really know tomorrow, pay attention to how she acts around you, then you'll know whether she's mad with you or happy." Kyle shrugged.

"Where do you all get this information about girls from?" I laughed a little, looking around at all of my friends.

"Mate, I have two older sisters, you pick things up over the years." Tanner shrugged.

"You'll have it again when Alice is old enough to come to Hogwarts too." Fred laughed at him.

Tanner had a very large family tree, he was part Italian from his Father, but his Mother was British. I had only met his two older sisters Koren and Ally twice, his younger brother, West, was a few years younger than us in Albus' year and his little sister Alice had just turned nine.

"I know, I'm treading it." Tanner rolled his eyes.

"I get my information from my Mum and Lottie. Mum gives me and Olly advice all the time on how to treat women right. Mum was really heartbroken in her fifth year by someone, but she met Dad as a result so she tells us to treat them right or she will personally kill us." Kyle shrugged. My Aunt who wasn't actually my Aunt, Taylor Windsor was as crazy as they came. Her and my Mother had been best friends for years so myself, Albus and Lily were brought up alongside Olly, Kyle and Lottie.

"Doesn't your brother have a girlfriend?" Tanner asked him.

"Yeah Laura, they've been together for years." Kyle shrugged.

"Yet your Mum still gives him advice?" Fred raised his eyebrow.

"You know what she's like Fred. She's damn crazy, of course she does." Kyle rolled his eyes. He was right, Aunt Taylor was crazy, it was a wonder how Uncle Mattie put up with her.

"That's true." Fred replied with a shrug.

I sighed again and laid back on my bed. We just had to wait and see what tomorrow brought now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The butterflies that I had had the night before about seeing Amber again were still there the next morning and Tanner literally had to drag me out of bed to go down to the Great Hall to face her. I had already missed one full day of classes yesterday and I couldn't miss another.

"Oh merlin, what if she's angry at me?" I groaned as we walked slowly down the staircase towards the Great Hall.

"James, why are you so worried about this one girl? You sound like a girl today!" My brother Albus and his friend Scorpius Malfoy had joined us that morning.

"Shut up Al, you never shut up about that Eleanor girl! You're more of a girl than me." I rolled my eyes at my younger brother.

"Will you two shut up?! If Aunt Ginny heard your arguing like this she's lock you in your rooms and keep you away from each other." Our cousin, Rose Weasley, appeared from nowhere and rolled her eyes at us.

"Jamsie is just worried about Amber, don't worry Rose." Tanner shrugged.

"Do you mean Amber Chamberlin? I heard her, Nadia Lovera and Cassie Harris talking about you last night." Rose told me.

"Rose don't you're only adding to his nerves!" Fred told her warningly.

"Did they sound angry?" I asked her worriedly.

"No, the opposite actually." Rose shrugged with a smirk on her face.

"What is that supposed to mean?!" I cried. However, Rose didn't get time to answer me as we had now entered the Great Hall and Albus and Scorpius had dragged her away and further down the Gryffindor table.

My eyes scanned the room to find Amber, Nadia and Cassie sat near the middle of the table, laughing at something and eating their food. Tanner quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me towards them. I watched as Tanner and Fred squeezed their selves on the same bench as Cassie and Nadia whilst Kyle took a seat beside Amber, leaving the other seat beside her for me. Great.

"Morning James." Amber gave me a sweet smile as I sat beside her. Thank god she wasn't angry at me.

"Morning." I smiled back at her, relieved that it wasn't awkward between us.

"Good morning James." Cassie and Nadia were smirking at me evilly as if they knew something that I didn't.

"Good morning..." I trailed off, looking down at the table.

"What class have we for first today Nads? I forgot my schedule?" Tanner asked her with a shrug.

"Tanner, your schedule never leaves your draw all year." Nadia rolled her eyes.

"That's because I've got you to remind me Naddie." He winked at her.

"Don't call me that." Nadia gritted her teeth at him. Tanner really knew how to wind her up.

"Have any of you seen Kieran this morning, we have Transfiguration first and I sit with him?" Cassie asked. Amber winced a little and picked at her slice of toast. Cassie should've known that Kieran was a bad subject for Amber, yet she was acting like she didn't care.

"No, he never turned up last night. He must have requested to have another dorm." Fred replied, looking at Amber warily as he spoke.

"Do you know what, I'm not hungry anymore. I'm going to go straight to Potions and finish my assignment off for tomorrow." Amber suddenly put down her fork and grabbed her books off of the table. She quickly walked away from us, heading out of the Great Hall.

"Cassie! What did you bring him up for?!" Nadia cried, turning to face her.

"Oh merlin, I forgot! My head is so messed up this morning! I'll apologise later." Cassie sighed, resting her head in her hand's.

"Come on Cass, I'll sit with you in Transfiguration this morning." Fred took pity on her and led her out of the Great Hall.

"Should we go and find Amber, see if she's okay?" I asked, suddenly not very hungry.

"Yeah let's go, we've got to get to Potions soon anyway." Tanner shrugged. Myself, Nadia, Tanner and Kyle all stood an exited the Great Hall and headed down to the dungeons for our Potions lesson.

At least it hadn't been awkward between us that morning.

**********************************************************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

452 0 25
Y/n Y/l/n was a student in her 6th year at Hogwarts school for Wizards n Witches. She was very feared by all but what happens when she runs into a ra...
1.3K 7 33
(I know Scorlily isn't a common ship, but hear me out) He was a Malfoy. She was a Potter. As of recent, Scorpius and Lily were supposed to hate each...
7K 100 18
"For it is in the brightest moments that we find ourselves, and in the darkest that we are lost." ~A quote from me~ James Potter is the famous son of...