The Gods Favorite Miko (Inuya...

By Conqueringangel

After the battle with her worst enemy, she is brought into a new battle for the sake of humanity and godhood... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Question!!!
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Question!!!!
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Question~
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 18

483 31 12
By Conqueringangel

     Tears slowly ran down my cheeks as I stared at the dress in front of me. It was absolutely beautiful.

     The dress was a around the shoulder design but to add some pazz there were shoulder straps as well that was hooked to the front. The wider strap set was black and light purple, looking metallic. Then there was a thing silver chain strap set that went underneath that set. They all met in my chest area and around a purple gem. The edging of the the top, sleeves and bottom was black lace, making it look more elegant. The top of the dress was black until my thoughts, then it slowly faded into blue, reminding me of a night sky. The sleeves started off black as well until the back ends of them went into blue with small white dots in it, looking like stars. The bottom of the dress was blue and then faded into a bright bluish purple. Inside the bluish purple color was beautiful embroidery of flowers. To finish off the dress, three belts draped across my right hip and fell on my left. The first belt was two silver chains same with the second. The third belt was the same color and thickness of the shoulder straps.

      I wiped the tears from my eyes as I walked over and gently dragged my fingers across the brilliant fabric. I had to say Eros really knew how to pick them. Then again it came with his job.

     "You done yet?" Eros called out.

     "Way to ruin the moment Eros." I scoffed before I started to strip down.

     I placed my clothes on the bench beside me as I carefully slipped into the beautiful dress. I made sure everything was in order before I tussle my hair a bit. I wanted to look natural but alluring. After doing a final check, I went to the dressing room door. I could feel twenty familiar presences, aside from the two who stood in front of me.

     "I'm coming out." I called to the two of them before I took a deep breath and exited the room.

      Eros and Haruhi gasped and visibly flinched. I could feel Sesshomaru's untapped lust fill our bond, no doubt that Eros did as well. If Sesshomaru was reacting this badly, I could only imagine how my mates were. I stopped in front of Eros and my cousin, a slight blush to my face.

      "Is it too much?" I asked as I looked at myself. Who am I kidding? I'm not beautiful or stunning as Kikyo? I'm just diluting myself.

      "You're beautiful Kagome." Eros smiled as he walked over and wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "Your ink here, makes it even more alluring."

      I blushed as I looked to Eros. "You're kidding, right?"

      "Why would I lie?" He frowned, looking a little hurt.

      "Ko, don't do this to yourself. You are more beautiful than your incarnation. Besides, everyone beside you now, loves you Ko. Not Kikyo." Haruhi gave a small smile as she walked over and cupped my cheek.

     Tears formed in my eyes as I looked at my cousin. She knew that these doubts were forever going to be there but she helped me accept myself. Many of the most caring people I loved did.

      "Aiya. I spoiled the mood." I scolded myself as I wiped the tears away.

      "No, you didn't Ko." Haruhi softly smiled as she took out a handkerchief and handed it to me. I smiled gratefully before I wiped my tears.

      "Kagome, who made you like this?" Eros looked to me in disbelief. "You are stunning. Though I will probably get beaten by mother for this, but you are more beautiful than Aphrodite."

      "What are you saying? Your mother is impediment of beauty. How can I compare? Besides what about Psyche?" I frowned.

      "It was those foolish mortals that made the story of her and I together. Just like Persephone and Uncle Hades." Eros clicked his tongue in aggravation. "She was pretty for her time but you are beyond compare."

      "Well, genetics do come a long way." I stiffly laughed. "In the future, there will be some one more beautiful as I. I still can't compare to my predecessor."

       "Kagome, you are beautiful." Eros walked over and gently clasped my hands. "Believe me, I'm not one to lie."

      "Okay." I stiffly smiled.

                                ****

    I quickly changed back into my street clothes. Along with the suit and dress, Haruhi and I got some shoes along with it. Of course she grabbed some dress shoes, while I got a pair of black heels. The cashier carefully placed it into dress bags so the clothes wouldn't get dirty or wrinkled.

      I paid for it before we exited the store. When there was no one around, I placed the things into a space I made. It would help free up our arms. I stretched as we walked, glad that we got this out of the way. We were currently heading to the military base where my father was.

    "So are you going to get your hair done and makeup that day?" Haruhi asked.

    "No." I rubbed the back of my neck. "But knowing Tenji he will do it."

     "Good. Otherwise, I'm going to have to do it." Eros huffed.

     "Oh boy." I sighed.

     "What I have to make you the talk of the party!" Eros defended.

      "You dolt! I'm going to a wedding. I can't outshine the bride." I scolded. I was already pushing it with the dress.

      "You mortals and your customs." He sighed, placing his hands behind his head.

      "Can't help with that." I chuckled as we arrived to the barracks.

    I showed the guards my pass I got from my father before walking in with Eros and Haruhi in tow. We poked around and finally found my father's office. I heard him yelling at someone, which wasn't too much of a surprise.

     "Edward! Alphonse! What did I say about over doing it?" My father yelled.

      "Relax Colonel, we fixed it." I heard a masculine voice scoff.

      "That's not the point!" My father slammed his hands down. I sighed as I rubbed my temples before just opening the door. "Don't you know how to...." Dad began to yell at me until he saw me. "Oh, pumpkin... what are you doing here?"

      "Did you forget that we went shopping for the wedding? Haruhi and I got our outfits and I'm ordering Uncle and Aunt a present online. Have you stared your preparations father?"

     "Jeez, you sound like your mother."

     "I am half of her." I rolled my eyes. "Well, I was wondering if you will be joining Uncle and us for dinner?"

      "No. I can't tonight. I'll stop by the shrine tomorrow though for dinner." He smiled up at me.

      "I figured as much." I sighed as I summoned a bento box from the lunch we made before. I placed that and his favorite cold coffee beside him. "Make sure you eat your meals and take care of yourself old man."

     "I'm not old!" He roared.

     "Uh-huh!" I snickered. "Well, I'll go and leave you to it. Try not to kill your subordinates Flame Alchemist."

      Dad sighed and nodded. I turned to leave, finding a blonde haired, golden eyes, teenage boy standing there. From the sounds of it, he had a metallic arm and a leg. I was guessing that he had automail. Then my eyes focused on a tall armored suit standing there with red eys. I could immediately tell that it was just a soul stuck inside the armor and nothing else. I arched a brow at them before I nodded to them respectively.

      "Oh, wait! I want to see your dress young lady!" Dad huffed.

      "Why? So you can burn it?" I scoffed.

     "If it doesn't meet my standards." Dad declared.

      "Then... no." I said as I walked out with Haruhi and Eros, closing the door behind me.

      As we left the barracks, I talked to Maze and Riza for five minutes before leaving. I could feel the two lads we met slowly follow behind us. I wasn't sure why they were like that. As my mind was else where, I didn't see who was in front. Suddenly I was tackled, arms wrapping around my stomach. The faint scent of butterscotch told me who it was.

      "Anubis." I smiled down at him, then hugged him back.

      "Did you have fun?" Anubis asked.

      "Yes I did." I softened my smile at the jackle God as I gently petted his head.

       Since I was behind Haruhi and Eros, they didn't notice me stop for a minute. I also happen to be by a stone wall, a fence for someone's yard. A familiar tanned hand slammed in my line of sight, making my eyes follow it up back to its owner. His purple eyes burrowed into my own as he looked at me sternly. He leaned in closer, his small braid lightly tickling my face.

      "What took you so long?" Thoth asked, the faint scent of ink and parchment flooding my nose.

      "Must we meet like this all the time Thoth. People will misunderstand." I teased.

      "Let them talk." He shrugged before he leaned in closer. "I must say that you loked exquisite in that dress."

      "Thoth." I warned as I gently pushed him away.

      "You're no fun." He arched a brow. "Did you finish all your homework?"

      "Yes." I sighed as I managed to duck under his arm. I saw his eyes sparkle at the challenge. Anbuis looked from him to me, wondering what was going on. "Don't teach my Anu your ways mister." I held Anubis' arm.

     Thoth blinked in surprise before I dragged Anubis away from him. Haruhi chuckled as we caught up. I glared at her.

     "Since they followed me and saw my dress, I'll be surprised if I'm not down for the count for a week." I scoffed at her.

      "You will have a hard time escaping this one." Eros nodded.

     "And I wonder who's fault was that." I glared at the love God.

     "I don't know what your talking about." He smirked.

      "Um-hm." I rolled my eyes. "So where do you want to go for dinner?"

      "Hm." They thought about it as Anubis snuggled into my shoulder. I chuckled as nuzzled him.

                            ****

     I collected dinner, ready to head back to Haruhi's house. Then after that, I was to head home with Eros since tomorrow was a school day. Anubis left with Thoth to go back home while I left for Haruhi's.

     "You know, it's rude to follow someone." I said to the two boys following. "I don't think you want my father scolding you more."

      "Brother, I think she noticed us." I heard a younger masculine voice, sounded like the armored one.

      "Hush, Alphonse!" I heard the older one whisper yell. So I took it that this one was Edward.

     I sighed as I handed Haruhi the food. "Eros, Haruhi, as well as everyone else, head back to my uncles place for a bit. I have to talk with the two brothers."

     "Okay, don't take forever or there won't be any food for you." Eros and Haruhi said in unison. I just rolled my eyes at them. I looked down at Anubis.

     "You head back as well." I softly smiled. "I'm sturdier than I look. Besides, I've learned alchemy since I was a wee little thing. Nothing will escape my eye." I patted his head, then rubbed his tuff of hair.

      "Okay." Anubis smirked before he kissed my cheek, which shocked me. He smiled brightly, then ran after my cousin. "Will we have some juice with dinner?"

      "Like apple juice?" Haruhi tilted her head.

      "No, like the one from the garden." Anubis mused.

      "So it was you!" Dionysus pointed at Anubis. "Juice thief!" He growled before chasing Anubis around the street with the others following behind.

     I sighed, shaking my head, placing my hand to my cheek. "A hopeless bunch of fools." I softly chuckled.

     "Now boys, come out and talk to me face to face. I know your mother taught you not to stalk someone." I said, which they stayed silent. "If you don't come out, I'll come to you."

     I heard a reluctant sigh before I heard two sets of footsteps. One armored.

      The first one I saw was the boy with automail, he was rather small standing at only 149 cm (4'11"). His long golden-blond hair was tied in a braid that hangs down to his shoulders. He parts his bangs in the middle so that they frame his face on either side as they fall and, in the center of the parting, he leaves a single strand of hair sticking up like an antenna. His eyes were, too, are gold.

     The second one to come out was the armored soul. His red eyes shining in wonder.

      "So you are the infamous Edward, I heard about." I smirked at the blonde. "Though, your alchemist name is Fullmetal, your brother here probably gets mistaken a lot."

      "She can tell us apart?!" Alphonse's red eyes widened.

      "Of course I can. My father always talks about you. Though he nags a lot, he does see you as his own sons." I smirked. "Don't tell him I said that though." I winked at them.

       They both blushed. I softly chuckled. I made a barrier talisman with my power and handed it to Alphonse.

      "This is to protect your weakspot." I told him sternly, which put both of them on guard. "You may be able to fools others but mikos can sense souls and whatnot. I know you scientist don't believe in it but it's true. If you don't believe me, place the talisman on the ground and use all your strength."

     Edward grabbed the talisman from Alphonse's hand and had Alphonse use the armored strength to step on it. Instead of his foot going flat, it actually curved and you could see a faint blue barrier wrapped around the talisman. Both of their eyes widened.

      "You just need to place the talisman by the spot and it will automatically protect that spot. Fire, earth or water are not able to destroy the talisman so you are safe. I may not know you much, but my father cares a lot about you two. It would break my heart to see anything happen to you two." I smirked. "I'll see you around." I turned and waved goodbye, leaving the two stunned brothers behind.

     After having dinner at my uncles house, I went back to mine. I was riding in the limo Sesshomaru called for. I wasn't used to this lap of luxury. I looked around the limo. I was the only one in it since everyone else was already at the shrine.

      When the staircase of the shrine came to view, the limo slowed down and stopped right in front of it. Before I could even grab the door, the driver was already out and had the door open. My eyes widened at this but I thanked him.

      I sighed and I walked to the shrine.

                             *****

     I somehow managed to escape from the hormonal males Sunday and five days have passed by. We managed to get through our first meeting with Thoth for our club.

     I sighed with relief when we made it back to our house. I threw the bag down on the step of my shrine and sat down next to it. It had been two weeks since everything began to back to normal. I was very happy about that. I suddenly felt something disrupt the shrine, almost like something was forming.

      I went into the actual shrine and not my space, looking around. Besides it being slightly dusty, it was normal. I tilted my head in wonder at what was suddenly forming.

      I was heading back when something popped in front of me, small little wisps to be precise. The first wisp started to form into a small little figure. It shined brightly, then dimmed down. I soon found a small male spirit with a confused expression mask upon him. The other wisp formed into a body, brightened up before forming into a female spirit. She wore a smiling mask.

      My eyes widened when I looked to them. I knew that these two were sprites, but why were they here. After looking a little bit around, I looked down at them.

       "Can I help you two?" I asked them.

      "We are the spirits of the shrine. Now that this shrine holds a God, we have been born." The male said.

      "We thank you, My Lady." The female said as both of them bowed to me.

      "It's not a problem." I blushed, looking at the two. I softly cleared my throat. "So what are your names?"

      "We don't have one My Lady." The female said.

     "Well, we can't have that now that my shrine has two more members of the family." I smiled down at them. I sat down on the floor looking at them. "Hmmm." I hummed as I tried to think of names. Suddenly two names formed into my head, like it was meant to be. "I'll name you Kotetsu." I pointed to the male. "And I'll name you Onikiri." I pointed to the female.

      "Ko..testu." The male sprite tested out.

     "Onikiri." The female sprite tested hers out as well.

     "We love them My Lady! We will cherish them forever."

     I softly chuckled. "I'm glad you like them."

     They floated around me in the air, looking at their new place. Since they were connected to the shrine and I, they could go into the space as well.

     Soon I heard the bell ring, a clink, then the sound of clapping. It seems that someone was preparing to make a prayer. I quietly got to my feet, then looked through the small cracks. There was a boy standing there, a blush to his face.

     Goddess Kagome, I hope to gather the courage to confess to the girl of my dreams. Even if she doesn't love me back that's okay. I rather these feelings get off my chest, then slowly simmer and eat away at me. He prayed.

     I softly smiled before I motioned my hand. I felt a wisp of my power float to him and nestle into his body.

     You can do it. Have faith in yourself if nothing else. I responded.

     I saw his eyes widen as he looked to the shrine. Tears were forming into his eyes. A smile pulled at his lips as he nodded to the shrine.

      "I will. Thank you Goddess." He whispered before leaving.

     I watched as the boy left the shrine grounds. A smile forming on my own lips. It was nice to fulfill my duties as a goddess.

     "Congratulations! My Lady!" Kotetsu shouted.

     "You completed your first prayer." Onikiri exclaimed.

     "That I did." I chuckled and patted their heads. Their masks showing a bit of blush.

     Suddenly there was a door opening to the shrine, making the sprites and I look to the side. There stood a familiar God, who I haven't seen since my shard hunting days.

      "Inari, what are you doing here?" I smiled up at the fox God.

      He still stood at 6'1", and was still very handsome. He had long white hair that resembled newly fallen snow. His blood red eyes focused onto my blue ones. I could see the curiosity and pride swimming around in the red pools. His two small white fox like ears upon his head were laying down a bit. From what I could tell from his very elaborate kimono, he still had very chiseled chest and abs. It was only fair to say that his entire body was like that. His eyebrows furrowed for a second but then went back to normal. A cunning smile placed upon his lips.

     "It's good to see you again Kagome." He smiled. "The last time I saw you, you were still mortal. Now you're a full fledged Goddess."

     "Indeed, I am." I chuckled. "Not that I don't mind your visit, but you didn't answer my question."

      "I figured that you would be getting your sprites soon, so I came over with a present." Inari smiled.

     "A present?" I tilted my head as I slowly got to my feet.

     "You can come in." Inari shouted out of the shrine. I flinched at the suddenness of it.

     Soon as man appears next to Inari, looking to be in his late teens or early twenties. I knew that wasn't truly his age as he was a kitsune yokai. His hair is silver-white but was short. His ears are large and fox-like. I had a string desire to go over and touch them to get it out of my system Luke u did with Inuyasha. His eyes are angled similarly to a fox's, with violet fox-like pupils that darken with strong emotion. He also appears to wear eyeliner but that's most likely not true. He has a very fluffy, full, white tail.

     "I don't understand?!" I blinked in surprise. Was this man supposed to be my present? Also why did this man look familiar?

     "Now that you're a full blown goddess, you need a familiar." Inari smiled. "Since this guy was freeloading at my place, I decided it's time he paid up."

      "I wasn't freeloading. I was working at your shrine for four hundred years." The man scoffed.

     "Yes, but you didn't enter a familiar contract with me, now did you?" Inari smirked as he glared at the man.

      The man's eyes widened to say the least but narrowed in anger. It looks that he got roped into Inari's trickery. I mentally sighed, feeling bad for the poor fellow.

      "As I was saying Kagome, you need a familiar and I don't mind giving you this one." Inari smiled.

     "Inari..." I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose. "Did you even asked him what he thought of this arrangement you practically sucked him into?"

     "Not at all." Inari smiled wider, flicking his tail in joy.

     I felt my eyes twitch as I marched up to him, grabbed him by his ear and pulled him down to my short frame. His red staring firmly into my eyes.

     "You know, this is why I hate you sometimes Inari." I flicked him in the forehead. "You got to take other people's feelings into consideration. You can't drag them all willy nilly because you're a God."

      "But that what makes it fun." Inari frowned.

      "Jeez, even my son is better behaved than you." I scoffed.

     As on cue, I saw Shippo come into the shrine. His green eyes widened when he saw two kitsunes in here, then his eyes widened when he saw the two sprites beside me.

      "Mom, what's going on?" Shippo asked as he walked in.

     "I'm just visiting the shrine and Inari stopped by." I smiled. "He even dragged this poor fellow with him." I motioned to the kitsune beside him. "What's wrong, Shippo?"

      "Nothing. Daddy was wondering when you were coming in." Shippo glanced to the guests.

      "I see. It's about dinner time, isn't it?" I mused then looked at the two kitsunes and the two sprites. "Why don't you come into the space?"

     I smirked before snapping my fingers. We arrived beside the door entrance, next to the cabin. Shippo glanced to the sprites.

      "They are my shrine spirits Shippo, take good care of them." I smiled at my son, patting his head, which was almost impossible to do.

      "You know I will mom." He chuckled, then kissed my cheek. He motioned for the sprites to follow. They happily hovered around my son as they headed inside.

      "You are welcome to stay for dinner. I'll just tell Tenji we have guests." I smiled before flying up to the deck. I poked my head in, told my mate we had two extra guests, then head back out when I had an answer. "You're welcome to look around."

     "You know I will." Inari smiled.

     I bowed my head as I walked forward, not getting too far before I saw Takeru shouting, chasing after Loki. I sighed as I looked to the trickster God, wondering what he did this time. I glanced to Takeru, finding his face was once again doodled on. I coughed, covering up my laugh as Loki came prancing over to me.

      "Loki, I must say your drawing has gotten better." I amused my mate.

     "It did, didn't it!" Loki praised.

     "Don't encourage him!" Takeru shouted, then sighed.

      I softly chuckled as I walked up to him, summoning a wet towel. I gently wiped his face off, getting the doodles off his face.

     "There now. That's not so bad now is it?" I smiled at him. "At least he didn't do it in permanent marker."

     "Don't give him any ideas." Takeru scoffed.

      I just shrugged. "Where is your brother? We have a fellow God as a guest today."

      "I'm right here." Tsukito poked his head out from behind his brother. "You say we have a fellow guest."

      "Yes, an old friend of mine." I droned on the old part, teasing him.

      "You could have left the old part out." Inari arched a brow as he walked forward. "Susanoo, Tsukiyomi, it's been too long."

      "Not long enough if you ask me." Takeru scoffed.

      "A pleasure Inari." Tsukito bowed his head.

      "My Lady!!" I heard a familiar voice call.

     I turned my head, finding Jaken running towards me on his little legs with a notebook in hand. He suddenly tripped, making me worried. I went over to him, picked him up and dusted him off.

      "Now, now Jaken. There's no need to rush." I comforted the imp. "Are you hurt anywhere?"

      "Not at all my lady." He smiled up at me. "I have today's prayers for you in your absence." He handed the notebook up to me.

      "Thank you Jaken." I smiled, gently taking the notebook from his hand. "It must have been hard on you. Take the rest of the evening off and relax."

      "But I couldn't..."

      "I'll deal with Maru. You've worked hard for us when we were gone. You deserve some relaxation. Preferably not intagonized by my son and daughter."

      "You always spoil me, My Lady." Jaken teared up.

     "Well, you are my favorite retainer." I smiled, patting his little green head. "Now, run along."

      "Yes, My Lady!" He beamed before running off.

      I softly chuckled as I stood back up. Ever since Jaken arrived here with Ah-Un and Kirara, he wanted to help me out somehow since he couldn't help his lord with his business. So I decided to bless him with my power so he could hear prayers so he could record them while I was away. It seemed that my mates like the idea as well, since they asked him to record too. I soon saw him trip again, making me shake my head. He was just as klutzy as my mate.

      "Aahhh!" I heard before a collapse. Speak of the devil.

      I turned my head and found Balder face first into the sand. I walked over and helped him up, dusting off the sand.

      "What did you trip over this time?" I softly asked with a smile, moving a strand of his hair behind his ear.

       "My own feet." Balder blushed as Loki chuckled. I highly doubt that was the case.

      "Be careful love." I softly kissed his forehead, making him beam. He then wrapped his arms around me, hugging me.

      "Hey! Don't hog Kagome!" Loki shouted as he came from behind and hugged me as well. I knew right away that they were going to fight over me again. On cue, they started bickering.

      I looked to my silent mate, who oversaw all of this. He chuckled amused as he easily unwound the two friends of his and held me in his one arm.

      "Thor!" They both shouted.

      Thor smirked before he placed me down, then shooed me away. He didn't forget to pat my ass on the way though. Sneaky devil.

      I sighed as I flopped myself onto the big round picnic table we had here. Hades was quietly reading his records as I sat down next to him. I peeked over his shoulder, inhaling his pomegranate scent.

      "Anything interesting?" I mused.

      "Nothing really." Hades sighed as he closed his records. "Misery and regrets is all I have."

      "They always see the negative." I scoffed as I leaned my head on his shoulder. "They could always be a wandering ghost, not accepted to the afterlife."

      "How harsh." Hades looked to me.

      "But true!" I shrugged.

      "Kagome!" Anubis shouted as he hugged me from behind and showed me his records he recieved from Jaken. "How did I do?!"

      "Anu, you've been guiding souls far longer than I." I chuckled as I looked through his records. Then I looked through Hades' records as well. "I think you both did well with what was presented."

      Both of them beamed. I then noticed that there was a little note left by Jaken for them.

       "Hades, it seems that the Fates want to see you sometime. Anu, the Judges want to see you as well." I told them.

      They flinched, sighed before nodding. "Okay!"

      "Where's Dio?"

      "Probably at the winery." Hades mused. "Knowing my nephew."

      "Why did I even ask?" I snickered.

      "Fairy!" Apollon exclaimed as he ran out of the cabin.

      "Apollon, relax love. You just saw me a couple hours ago."

      "That was far too long." Apolon frowned. "Very long."

      "That's A-fool-lon for you." Loki teased.

      "Eh? Loki-Loki, what do you mean?!" Apollon then went after the trickster God.

      "Higashi!" Melissa cooed. "Is there anything I can help you with?"

      "I don't need your wise advise right now Melissa, but I will come to you when I do." I smiled at him.

      "Good!" He nodded as he went back to looking at his magazine.

      I soon managed to escape from my mates and relax on the beach lounging chair. I sighed with relief as I sat down onto it, then flipped open the records. I saw a lot of love sick prayers or one sided loves. I could help some but not all, especially when they have yet to meet their intended. I sent my power where it needed to be before checking off one prayer after another.

       "You are different." I heard the man who came with Inari say. I glanced up, finding him crouching beside me, looking straight at me.

      "I prefer the term unique." I smirked before looking back at my records. "So what is your name?"

       "The name's Tomoe." He said.

     As soon as he said his name, I felt a sharp pain go through my head. I quickly sat up, holding the one side of my head. My eyes widened when I realized that this was the fox I saved from a fellow God and his pursuers when I was shard hunting. I was helping a family at time, figuring out how to get their daughter to her future husband. I found him in a river, bleeding and wounded very badly.

     I glanced to the slightly worried fox, his amethyst eyes wide. I softly smiled and waved him down. By his response, I could tell he didn't remember me. Using my holy power, I found out that he had a divine spell casted upon him to suppress his memories. It made me wonder why until I saw that there was a dark spell placed upon him. It looked like he made a deal with a fallen God and it went south. Suppressing his memories are what keeping him safe. It made me wonder if this was why Inari wanted me to have him as a familiar.

       "So Tomoe... was working for that slave driver fox tiring?"

      "Never ending." Tomoe growled. "That incompetent ass never did any of the work and passed it all onto me."

      "Sounds like the fool. He isn't the father of all kitsunes for nothing." I sighed as I leaned on my legs, looking at him. "You seem tired Tomoe." I softly smiled at him as a faint breeze went by, ruffling my hair. "It may not seem like much. But you can escape here for a few weeks if you like."

      What is my miko up to this time? Naraku's voice entered my head.

     Nothing you need to be concerned of. I sneered in my head.

      You're no fun.

      I heard a faint shout of someone calling everyone for dinner. I turned my head to the cabin not too far in the distance. I sighed as I stood up, stretching. Then I held out a hand to Tomoe.

      "Come on. Let's get something to eat."

      "You're really a hopeless fool." Tomoe scoffed before turning to leave.

      "Hopeless fool?!" I hissed as I ran towards him.

                               ****

     At the dinner table, I could feel countless of stares at me when Inari and Tomoe joined us at the table. I didn't like the pressure I was being put under. Sesshomaru however lightened the mood by calling dinner to begin and started eating. We all followed suit. I cooed in happiness when Tenji's cooking hit my tongue.

      "How come you keep getting better?" I looked to him.

      "Like I have much to do all day." He teased. "It's rather a simple life compared to the shard hunting days. It made me worry for my mistress."

      "Tenji." I pouted.

     "Don't give me that." He scolded. "You were giving me a heartattack every time I turned my head."

     I sighed as I ate as I was being nagged at. Sesshomaru and my other mates found it interesting as well as my family and Eros, who was still here.

     "I much prefer this life. You're easier to take care after." Tenji said. "You also have a routine so it's easy to keep track of you."

      "You make me sound like a hellion." I grumbled.

      "Might as well be." Tenji shouted, slamming his chopsticks down. I rolled my eyes at him.

      "Dad, did you get uncle's gift yet? His wedding is next week." I reminded my forgetful father. He paused eating, blushed and then rubbed the back of his neck. "Of course not." I groaned. "It's a good thing I know how forgetful you are and ordered you one."

      "Thank you pumpkin." He beamed.

     "How's school treating you?" I asked my brother.

     "Okay I guess. We are learning about mythology and the gods and goddess in class. It kind of feels weird hearing about my sister through books. Let alone her exploits through them. I guess it doesn't have the same impact when you have the real things in front of you." Sota said. "By the way, did you prepare for Thoth's exams? Do I have to get notes from your girlfriends?!"

      Crap! I forgot about that. Why does my brother have to be so mature?! "I have notes, no need to borrow them from the girls."

      "It means you're not prepared at all since you glossed over the fact." Sota simply stated as he ate.

     I felt my mouth sink in like I ate a lemon after I felt a sharp stare. I could feel shivers go down my spine. I may be sturdy my dear brother but I wasn't indestructible.

      "You have to torture me, don't you?" I glared at my brother.

     "Be on top of things, I wouldn't have to." Sota stuck his tongue out at me.

     I felt my anger spiked and my power leaked out for a moment before going back to eating like nothing ever happened. I evilly smirked at my brother.

      "Watch out my dear brother. Nothing is worse than a woman scorned." I chuckled, making him shiver.

      "Are you threatening me?" Sota scoffed, then looked at mom.

      "No fighting at the table." Mom simply said while sipping on her tea. "AM I CLEAR?"

      "Crystal!" Sota and I flinched and responded simultaneously.

      I heard Inari chuckle. "Never a dull moment when Kagome is around."

      "Getting her to shut up is the magic trick." Inuyasha scoffed as he got up to get some more rice. He walked back to the cabin while I gave a sickenly sweet smile.

       "Well, ain't that smile familiar." Mom chuckled. It should be, it was hers and dad's.

      "Inuyasha!" I said sweetly.

      "Ah, shit." He said.

      "SIT BOY!" I smiled, enjoying him face painting into the ground.

     "Jeez Kagome, what did I do this time?" Inuyasha hissed while pulling out his head.

     "You opened your big mouth." I scoffed while I ate some rice.

     "I must say mate, you are a little spitfire this evening."

     "I wonder who started it." I glanced to Inari, who smiled.

      "Kagome, I made a decision." Tomoe said as he came over to me. I watch him, kneel before me. "I will become your familiar."

      Suddenly he pressed his lips onto mine.

***Well, a lot happened in this chapter. What did you think of her dress? Her encounter with Ed and Al? What do you think of her gaining shrine spirits? And now a new familiar! I wonder how the next chapter will play out. 🤔 Don't forget to:

Comment

Share

Vote

CA***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 46 18
Book one What happens when all of the gods go back to school? Zeus is making them redo the year because of the problems with last year. But this ye...
113K 3K 38
When Inuyasha's twin sister, Hāmonī, learns that her brother's spell has been broken, she is overjoyed at the fact that she can finally meet him agai...
68.6K 1.4K 23
When a princess is sent to Asgard to marry Thor how will she handle it ? Specially when she was Taught Asgardians weren't good people. But that soon...
6.5K 241 16
in·san·i·ty /inˈsanədē/ noun the state of being seriously mentally ill; madness. ♢♡♢♡♢♡♢♡♢♡♢♡♢♡♢♡♢♡♢♡♢♡♢♡♢♡♢♡♢♡♢ (Y/N) (L/N). Goddess of Insanity. ...