Balanced archer (Bofuri x mal...

By Silverwing_Rocky

NewWorld Online has made its appearance in the gaming world, and young Y/N has decided to give it a try, brin... More

Chapter 1 (Rewrite)
Chapter 2 (Rewrite)
Chapter 3 (Rewrite)
chapter 4 (Rewrite)
Chapter 6 (rewrite)
Chapter 7 (Rewrite)
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Announcement

Chapter 5 (Rewrite)

1.1K 33 7
By Silverwing_Rocky

Risa: "Arrived!"

Kaede: "Let's enter right away!"

Y/N: "You sure are excited"

In front, there is the entrance of the stone ruins. If the information was correct, this should be the dungeon connecting to the second stage. Kaede, in the lead, walked in the path. Just by holding the Mirror of the Dark Night while walking, the defense is perfect.

After walking just like that, they encountered a monster. What appeared in front of them was a boar that was a little huge.

Risa: "Wind Cutter!"

Risa took the first move and shot magic. But that only decreased its health bar by 20%

Risa: "The power was decreased a lot. This is, I think I should raise my status debuff skill huh"

While she was saying that, the boar regains its posture and charged again. Y/N was about to attack the boar itself before seeing It was colliding towards Kaede with a lot of momentum. It was devoured by the large shield.

Risa: "Can I count on you during fights with the boar?"

Kaede: "Okay"

Y/N: "I'll watch our back"

Because the path was narrow, the boar charging was suicidal. The boars that doesn't know about Kaede's large shield jumps in by themselves. While going through left and right of the forks, they were slowly moving deeper.

Risa: "Oh! A different one came!"

When they entered a corner, what appeared in front of them was a bear. The bear would also jump in just the same, so Kaede made a stance with her shield. But, though.

When the bear swung its huge arm strongly, claw-shaped white effects flew. That was devoured and disappeared because of the large shield, but it was enough to make Kaede surprised.

Maple: "I-I was surprised"

Risa: "To think that it would attack in long-range. In addition, it's blocking the way while taking distance"

The bear that had a complicated movement pattern compared to the boar, is probably a monster of a higher rank than the boar.

Risa: "I will try to defeat it. Take a straight stance and make the large shield stand"

Kaede dropped the large shield to the ground by herself. It looked like that. That was the same with Kaede and the bear, and the bear thought that it was a chance, it charges.

Y/N: "Ice arrow!"

arrows of Ice pop out from the ground and impales the bear, dealing a good amount of damage before Y/N rushed towards it and grabbed a hold of it. The bear roaring as it tried to get the archer off it.

Risa: "P/N!"

Y/N: "I got this sally! I got this"

The bear would slam Y/N into the wall, dealing damage towards Y/N.

Y/N: "Ice arrow"

Y/N sends arrows of ice into the bear, impaling it some more as he killed it. Panting at this as he chuckled

Kaede: "You okay?"

Y/N: "Yea, Yea. I'm good"

Sally walked over to P/N and would heal his injuries

Risa: "Heal. Please don't go in head first okay?"

Y/N: "Okay, I promise Sally. Thanks for the heal though, I owe ya one"

Kaede, Y/N and Risa once again moved deeper to the back. The dungeon looks like it wasn't that deep, and with only about 10 fights with the monsters, they were able to reach the boss room.

They opened the large door and entered. A wide room with a high ceiling continues to the back, and in the deepest part, a large tree was standing. After a second after the three entered the room, the door behind them closed with a sound.

And. The large tree changed its shape with that sound, and became a giant deer. The horns that the large tree had changed to had lush vivid green leaves, and bright red apples also grew.

After it shook its body made of trees, it stamped the ground and glares at the three

Risa: "It's coming!"

Kaede: "Okay!"

Y/N: "This is gonna be fun!"

Where the deer was standing, a green colored magic circle appeared and started shining.

It was the start of the battle. When the deer stamps the ground, the magic circle shines, and giant vines appeared by piercing from the ground, and attacks Kaede, Y/N and Risa.

Kaede: "Yo! to"

Risa: "Haha! You're too slow!"

Kaede's large shield received the vines head on and devoured them. Risa, with her impressive dodging skills, she evades the attacking barrage of vines easily. Y/N laughs as he drew his bow and started to fire arrows of ice towards the deer.

The main fire power was Kaede's Shingetsu. Kaede, as if to counter, she released the dragon made with poison. That devoured the vines, melted and erases them, and pressed into the deer.

But, the poison dragon was blocked by a shining green wall in front of the deer and disappeared. The same can be said with the ice arrows that were fired.

Kaede: "Eh?!"

Y/N: "What a shield!"

Risa: "Probably, it's that magic circle! The damage won't get through!"

The deer once again stretches its vine and attacks. The silver lining was that itself was no problem for the three. The three endured like that for a while, but Risa who thought it had no ends suggested.

Risa: I'll go inspect for a bit, so can you tank for a while?"

Kaede: "I got it!...{Provoke}!"

Y/N: "Ice breath!"

The destination of the vines clearly changed to Kaede and Y/N. In that chance, Risa went to do tests. After attacking it continuously with magic and making its wall appear, Risa finally noticed something.

Risa: "Damage goes through to its horns! ...also, it looks like the wall was supported by the apples!"

Risa pointed at the shining apples within the tree leaves. When the wall was activated the apples were clearly shining red.

Kaede: "Then...leave it to me! I will make them blow away altogether!"

Y/N: "As well I!"

Risa: "I'm counting on you!"

Kaede thrusts Shingetsu. The poison dragon that appeared again, this time without being blocked by the wall, devoured all of the tree leaves and melted them. Y/N grabbed the air as shards of ice would form and he threw them at the deer, dealing damage.

Risa: "{Wind Cutter}!"

This time, without being blocked by the wall, the attack reached the deer properly. The red damage effects appeared.

Risa: "Yosh! It got through!"

Kaede: "I'm going with a huge one!"

The crystals that emerge from the large shield shattered with that sound, and a giant purple magic circle formed from Shingetsu at the same time. That increased its light for a while, became a poison dragon with three heads, and attacked the deer.

The deer's body melts, and the red effect flows continuously. It was surely a deadly damage. But, the green magic circle that the deer was standing noticeably shone brighter and healed its wounds. When the HP bar recovered to 20%, the poison status debuff was cleared, and the magic circle, as if it was done with its work, faded and disappeared.

Risa: "That one earlier, can you shoot it again?!"

Kaede: "I can, but it would take for a while!"

Y/N: "I don't think it's gonna give you a chance!"

Y/N was right, while consulting, there was no way the deer would wait for them, and the deer that changes its movement pattern attacked with blades of wind and vines that got one size bigger.

In addition.

Risa: "!!"

Kaede: "Uwaaaaaa!!"

Y/N: "Maple!"

The ground suddenly raised and attacked the three from the ground. Risa precisely sensed that and dodged it along with Y/N who would jump out of the way, but Kaede was thrown into the air.

It was no damage, but when Kaede hit the ground, she received the status debuff {Stun} and couldn't get up. Normally, she wouldn't have a chance to survive, but after that, even receiving the blades of wind, seeing that her HP Bar was not reduced, she probably would endure it until she stands up.

But, it was sure that the activation for Kaede's skill would be delayed.

Kaede: "It can't be helped...it's a pain though..."

Risa held daggers with both of her hands, and ran. Regardless of her words, her expression was very happy.

Risa: "I should do(kill) it huh?"

Completely seeing through the enemy's attack. To Risa on her concentrated state, attacks this much was almost nothing. Tracing the narrow paths surely, and when she approached where the deer was standing with {Leap I} she jumped to the front of the deer.

That was the only safe point on the battlefield that has nonstop blades of winds.

Risa: "I know that it's safe her you know?... {Double Slash} !"

Spinning her body, with the daggers in her both hands, she released four consecutive attacks. By holding two weapons, she could release twice the attacks with one. Each one of the attack damage would fall compared with only one, but it overwhelms with the number of attacks.

Y/N: "Hey, don't forget about me!"

Y/N called out as he was using his jumping while firing arrows at the deer, while also sending ice projectiles towards it.

Risa: "Sorry P/N! Let's take this deer down together!"

And Risa, with her face just like that, runs towards its back.

Risa: "{Power Slash} !"

Two consecutive attacks that slashed through the nape of its neck from its forehead. In addition, she burned its back with Fire Magic. Blades of wind flew towards Risa who was running around its back. But, it was easy to dodge.

Risa: "Oh? This wasn't a safe spot huh? P/N, go for it's neck!"

She moved while she dodging the flying blades of wind. Y/N jumped up to be above the deer, a target forming on its neck as Y/N summoned two arrows, doing a spin in the air and throwing the arrows towards the deer, and when finally its HP Bar was erased with consecutive attacks.

Kaede: "T-that's right! I have to fight..."

Kaede finally stood up and looked at the deer. Although, she could only look at the deer that became light and disappeared in front of her face.

Kaede: "Ehhhhhhhhhhh!?"

Risa: "We ended it while you're asleep"

Risa returned and said that with Y/N walking next to her. To Kaede, it became a somewhat unconvincing dungeon capture. But anyways, the three were able to get the rights to move to the second stage.

Kaede: "Auu"

Kaede, Y/N and Risa started their activities in a new base town in the second stage, but Kaede was groaning with a dark face.

Kaede: "I also didn't think that there would be a maintenance two weeks before the event. In addition..."

Right, the three logged in immediately as soon as the maintenance ended......but they were stunned by the contents of the maintenance.

Mainly, Kaede.

The contents of the maintenance were about nerfing some of the skills and buffing the AI of the field monsters. The targeted skill name, in the settings of the game, was not cleared, so only those who have them knew it.

And, there was also one thing that changed. That is. The implementation of defense ignoring attack skills, and the reduction of pain.

There are three to five kinds of skill per weapon And its power was very decent. The problem was the skills.

Kaede: "Ugugu......"

Risa: "Well... that happens all the time for somebody who stands out"

Y/N: "Well, Maple did build a tank that's unable to get hit by any form of damage"

Don't mind it, Risa tapped her shoulder. Y/N would pat Kaede's back softly with a smile. There are mainly two adjustments related to Kaede. But, Risa said that thinking about it with a roundabout way, it was three of them.

First, in skill fixes, {Bizzare Eater(Akujiki)} was fixed. After the fixes of {Bizarre Eater(Akujiki)} its abilities was limited uses of 10 times per day, and the MP that will be absorbed will be doubled.

It hadn't changed that it was a passive skill, so after receiving attacks ten times with the large shield, the Mirror of the Dark Night will return to a normal large shield. The MP that can be absorbed became double so it can somehow become a magic power tank, but it hasn't changed that it was nerfed.

Next, the buffs of monsters, they are now able to attack from behind, in some cases, they are now able to run away. This is for stopping Kaede, Risa told Kaede. To Kaede who doesn't seem to understand, Risa explained in details.

Risa: "Because...if the AI is buffed, the origin of Maple's {Absolute defense}, the loophole of the white rabbit couldn't be used again right? The white rabbit with buffed AI wouldn't charge for one hour... and maybe it was also an unexpected way of taking that for the GMs?"

Y/N: "I think it's a good addition to the game, I haven't received any rebuffs yet. As unlike our unstoppable tank of a girl, I am trying to keep things balanced with my stats along with the skills I have"

In this maintenance, it prevented the occurrence of an irregular called Kaede, but according to Risa, they couldn't do a maintenance that was clearly aimed to reduce Kaede's specs.

Kaede: "For example... deleting the {Absolute Defense}. That wouldn't happen I think."

Y/N: "Think before you wish to delete a skill, I think it's a good skill to have"

Risa: "Probably though... some of the powerful skills that the top players was also nerfed, I think. And it means, one of those is Maple's {Abominable}"

Kaede: "Well, I also think it can't be helped. {Abominable} is very powerful after all. But... that fix, huh..."

Y/N: "Oh stop complaining about it Maple"

Figuring out what Kaede wanted to tell, Risa continued to talk.

Risa: "With this, Maple will now also receive damage right huh...... that adjustment is probably countermeasures against Maple"

Kaede: "I suppose..."

Maple's endurance was clearly off the balance, so the management side's last resort was only to implement this fix.

Y/N: "Well, ignore defense attack is a very common skill, it was until now that it was very few, maybe I should get it myself"

When Y/N said that, Kaede stuck together her hands and talked apologetically.

Kaede: "I'm sorry! I stopped being invincible... with this, we can't be an invincible party... although you became a dodge shield and you the bow master"

Saying that, Kaede apologized to Risa and Y/N. The three's ideals were a party that all three of them have no damage. If it was like this, they can't do it.

Risa: "That cannot be helped. And, you are now able to receive damage... but it's not like you're going to receive no damage anymore at all...... "Although the damage effects are being grinded, she wouldn't die even after grinding this much!", that would emphasize the feeling of invulnerability. If you just smile fearlessly, you're still going to be so cool!"

Kaede imagined that with an opponent, their only hope was they were able to deal damage, and while laughing like *Fufufu* while receiving their desperate attacks, defeat them when they are exhausted.

Kaede: "Oh〜...... it is certainly nice..."

Risa: "You're making a dark smile you know?"

Y/N: "What are you thinking about Maple. Better not be devious"

Kaede: "Wawa! Y-You didn't see that right now! You did not!"

Saying that, *BunBun* she swung her arms. Risa continued while laughing pleasantly. Y/N let's out a chuckle from Kaede's reaction to the two of them calling her out

Kaede: "But if it's like that, I need to increase my HP. Being damaged with defense ignorance is not good......... is the pain okay?"

Risa: "Well... it's not that, painful though? It's nothing much compared to real life... in addition, the pain is being reduced too, so"

Y/N: "I have been attacked, I don't think the admins would allow their players to feel actual pain within the game itself"

Kaede: "I should do my best to get better player skills and block attacks as many as I can...... and also recovery type skills and equipments, maybe I also need the MP and HP types huh?"

If she had those, in the end, it would be like she was invulnerable after all, Risa said.

Risa: "I'll help you gather equipments! Also, I'll find skills that looks good"

Y/N: "Well, now and again I shall be heading out by myself to get my own items for my own equipment"

Kaede: "I-Is it okay?"

Risa: "It's the game I invited to, if I can play together with Maple and Y/N, I'll do that at least you know? I mean, you want to go right now?"

Kaede: "Thank you!"

Risa: "Well, there are also times when I need help, so..."

Kaede: "Un! At that time, I'll do my best!"

Y/N: "Sally, regardless of how we play, we all can help each other"

Kaede answered with a wide smile along with Y/N

Risa: "Well then... let's first acquire skills that can raise HP. That's the most important one. I know a little too, and after that huh. The event's also near, let's hurry!"

Kaede: "Oh!"

Y/N: "Let's do this!"

The three jumped into the field. To acquire new skills, cover Maple's weaknesses, and leave good results in the second event. They are going to do what they can today.

Timeskip

It has been a week after she started gathering skills with Risa. It means, at the time where there is only one week left before the event, Kaede logged in alone and was searching for skills.

Kaede: "I noticed it first after being said, but... the skills that a person that uses a large shield in a party, I don't have all of them"

Risa told her that the skill tree of the large shield that is for defense power and about defense is very abundant, and she was basically trying to acquire those skills when she logged in alone since they couldn't log in at the same time.

By the way, she already gathered some skills that she wanted for mostly HP strengthening and MP strengthening together with Risa. Kaede, while checking her status, searches for skills that she probably needs.

Maple

Lv24

HP 40/40 <+60>

MP 12/12 <+10>

{STR 0}

{VIT 170 <+66>}

{AGI 0}

{DEX 0}

{INT 0}

Equipments

Head {ーーー}

Body {Armor of Black Roses}

Right hand {Shingetsu : Hydra(Poison Dragon)}

Left Hand {Mirror of the Dark Night : Bizarre Eater(Akujiki)}

Legs {Armor of Black Roses}

Shoes {Armor of Black Roses}

Accessories {Ring of the Forest Queen Bee}

{Toughness Ring}

{ーーー}

Skill

{Absolute Defense} {Giant Killing (OomonoKurai)} {Hydra Eater (DokuruuKurai)} {Bomb Eater (BakudanKurai)} {Meditation} {Provoke} {Abominable (Gokuaku Hidō} {Knowledge of Large Shield IV} {Body Manipulation} {Attack Diversion} {Shield Attack}

{HP Strengthening (Small)} {MP Strengthening (Small)}

She acquired the skill {HP Strengthening (Small)} and{MP Strengthening (Small)}, increased her HP by 30 and MP by 10. In addition, thanks to the Toughness Ring that Risa gave, her HP increased by 30 in addition. It would seem like it was very little, but for the meantime, Kaede's HP was raised to double with that.

Risa said that she was going to quickly acquire the ignore defense attack before the event. The reason is, to measure roughly the damage to Kaede. Because they couldn't afford on testing it without practice. 

As this was happening, Y/N would log into the game in his inn room, stretching his body as he would make his way over towards the shops. Entering the skill shop, looking at their skills while looking at his own. Using the gold he had from selling whatever items he required during his fishing, he would buy some new skills.

Once buying the said skills, he would find a bench nearby the forest and would take out the scrolls before opening them, And together with that, the letters that were written shines with light, and as if to match the dissipating light, the scroll crumbles down, becomes a light and disappears.

{Lightning arrow I}

- Damage: 25 lightning damage
- Chain lightning: Can arc to 2 additional nearby enemies, dealing 15 lightening damage each.
- Mp cost: 10 per arrow
- Duration: instant

Skill Requirement.

To be purchased from the Skill Shop. 

Y/N opens a second scroll and the same would occur.

{Poison arrow I}

- Damage: 10 poison damage upon impact
- Inflicts 5 poison damage per second for 10 seconds
- MP cost: 8 per arrow
- Duration: Poison effect lasts 10 seconds

He opens his final scroll and the same sequence repeats itself.

{Stun arrow I}

- Damage: 20 physical damage
- Stun duration: 3 seconds
- MP cost: 12 per arrow 

Y/N: "Three new arrows, seems I shall be doing an all elemental arrow theme build here."

After checking everything, stat wise. Currently level 24 and his equipment level 10. He walked over towards Izu's shop to collect his new quiver and dagger, having received a message from the crafter that they were complete. 

Izu: "Hiya P/N. I see you got my massage."

Y/N: "I was busy checking my stats when I got it. Are they done?"

Izu: "Why yes, they are complete."

Izu reached behind her counter and pulled out two items. First was the new quiver to replace the old one. Then was a Hunting Dagger. Y/N has a look at both of them. A smile forming on his face. 

{Red Phoenix}

{AGI +30}
{DEX +30}

Skill: Phoenix Flight

- Arrows leave a trail of fire, dealing 15 fire damage over 3 seconds

{Thorny Rose}

{STR + 25}
{INT +25}

Skill: Rose's Thorns

- Attacks with dagger have a 20% chance to inflict a stacking poison effect. Dealing 5 poison damage every 5 seconds.

Y/N: "I assume these are as High as you can make them?"

Izu: "Correct, I hope that is okay"

Y/N: "Oh these are lovely Izu"

Izu: "I am glad to hear that P/N. Let me know if you need anything else"

Y/N: "I shall do so at a later stage"

Y/N says goodbye to Izu as he left her store and went to the 2nd floor's field and would start to learn his new skills and find achieve new skills for the upcoming event.

As Y/N would go train, Risa would log in.

Risa: "Yosh, it's about time I used my status points. I already decided my plan. n〜... it's better having a lot of ways to attack... so 15 to STR and 20 to AGI, and the left to the INT... with this, I've used all of them!"

Sally

Lv18

HP 32/32

MP 25/25 <+35>

{STR 25 <+20>}

{VIT 0}

{AGI 75 <+68>}

{DEX 25 <+20>}

{INT 25 <+20>}

Equipments

Head {Muffler of the Surface Water (Minamo no Mafura) : Mirage(Shinkirō)}

Body {Coat of the Ocean (Taikai no Kōto) : Ocean(Taikai)}

Right Hand {Dagger of the Deep Sea (Shinkai no Dagā)}

Left Hand {Dagger of the Bottom of the Water (Minasoko no Dagā)}

Legs {Leggings of the Ocean}

Shoes {Black Boots}

Accessories {ーーー}

{ーーー}

{ーーー}

Skill

{Status Debuff Attack III} {Slash} {Double Slash} {Gale Slash (HayateGiri)} {Muscle Strengthening (Small)}

{Consecutive Attack Strengthening (Small)} {Double Attack} {Powered Attack} {Switch Attack} {Body Arts I} {Knowledge of Short Swords II} {ack of All Trades} {Divine Break}

{Fire Magic I} {Water Magic II} {Wind Magic II}

{Earth Magic I} {Dark Magic I} {Light Magic II}

{Fire Ball} {Water Ball}

{Water Wall}

{Wind Cutter} {Wind Wall}

{Thunder Cutter}

{Dark Ball}

{Refresh} {Heal}

{MP Strengthening (Small)} {MP Cut (Small)}

{MP Recovery Speed Strengthening (Small)} {Knowledge of Magic II}

{Fishing} {Swimming X} {Diving X} {Cooking I} {Mining Speed Strengthening (Small)} {Sensory Blocking II}

{Sensory Awareness II} {stealth Move I} {Leap I}

{Poison Resistance (Small)}

Risa: "After raising the Light Magic to II, I am now able to use {Heal} ... and after raising the {Status Debuff Attack III} it's now easier to place status debuff... I also got an ignore defense attack, it feels like good on attack and support"

After saying that, Risa closed her status and went towards the field. Her destination is far within the deep forest that is a little far.

Risa: "I'll acquire a cool skill and keep it a secret to Maple, I will surprise her〜!"

Risa is trying to capture one of the events with the NPCs that is currently being generated at all times in the game. There is a small house far within the forest, and succeeding an event there, she could obtain {Super Acceleration}.

Risa: "The requirement to breakthrough is {AGI 70}, so it's good that I made it enough!"

Risa, in Risa's way, was strengthening herself towards the first event with Kaede and Y/N.

Back with Y/N

Y/N sat underneath a tree, traps laid in front of him with his bow placed within his lap. Quiver holding arrows of Ice while a soft hum left his lips.

Eyes glowed as he watched several heart signatures approve his location while also feeling the earth vibrate underneath from the heavy steps of the monsters.

A grin formed on his face as he stood up, drawing his bow with the arrows.

Y/N: "Time to give these new arrows a test run before the main event"

Roaring and screeching can be heard as birds fly over the trees. Seems Y/N shall have quite the fight on his hand

A/N: Chapters 17-20 are done. Sorry for the wait folks, been having writer's block. Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Skill wise, if you have an idea for a new skill or add to an existing skill in the chapters before. Don't be scared to share, I might add them.

Peace out my lovely readers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

659K 22.6K 53
Meet Yuu, a third year in in high school (junior) who has a crazy life, a mum with a shotgun, overprotective brothers and a best friend that can rip...
46.2K 1.3K 53
"𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘢 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘦𝘹𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘹𝘪𝘦𝘵𝘺, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘨𝘨𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦�...
21.4K 576 26
Hm? The story has not ended with a wedding? It appears that the fates have more planned for (Y/N) (L/N), or Sealboi. There are many threats and myste...
621 21 3
from the title im gonna make Bofuri a isekai this AU involves major characters even some side characters im also gonna add the Current LN characters...