Dandelion

By UnderTheCloudySky

Isn't being a wicked women much better? More

Announcements
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 158
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Chapter 168
Chapter 169
Chapter 170
Chapter 171
Chapter 172
Chapter 173
Chapter 174
Chapter 175
Chapter 176
Chapter 177
Chapter 178
Chapter 179
Chapter 180
Chapter 181
Chapter 182
Chapter 183
Chapter 184
Chapter 185
Announcements
SS 1
SS 2
SS 3
SS 4
SS 5
SS 6
SS 7
SS 8
SS 9
SS 10
SS 11
SS 12
SS 13
SS 14
SS 15
SS 16
SS 17
SS 18
SS 19
SS 20
Special SS 1
Special SS 2
Special SS 4
Special SS 5
Special SS 6
Special SS 7
Special SS 8
Special SS 9
Special SS 10
Special SS 11
Special SS 12

Special SS 3

424 7 0
By UnderTheCloudySky

7. How to Live as the Duchess of Visconti 

“There shouldn’t be a single point lacking in serving the new master.  

“Yes, butler.”

Visconti servants living in the south diligently cleaned and swept the castle to welcome their new mistress coming down to the estate.  

Their gestures were full of energy. It was because the Duchess was such a great person.  

She is the saintess who defeated the great demon and the famous daughter of Seymour who symbolizes magic!  

Not only that, but also the reputation of being a Troika who always shook the society with flashy and intense fashion. 
____‘Troika or troyka’ means ‘a set of three’, a group of three people, things, countries, etc.*

The servants, who had no chance to visit the capital and had only heard rumors about the princess, chatted whenever they had time with some concerns and expectations.  

“Since she is a trendsetter, she must have a very high discernment, right?”

“The fact that she chose Duke Visconti herself proves her lofty eyesight.” 

“What is her personality really like...?”

When the story about personality came up, everyone was briefly silent.  

Deborah Seymour, or now Deborah Visconti, was a person who broke the very common-sense of a 'generous and tolerant saint'.  

It is said that she once pretended to be a villain in order to catch the attention of evil black wizards, but that does not mean that Princess Deborah is originally a kind person.  

In the first place, Seymour was dirty...  No, it is also a family famous for the cold temperament like a snake.

“Cha, even if she doesn’t look nice, it’s better than having a black ulterior motive. Like Miya Binoche.” 
____The word “Cha” here, I can’t find the right meaning of this word. There is some meaning for this word, but it doesn't fit the line of the sentence.

Someone belatedly calmed down the atmosphere.  

“That’s true.”

On the surface, even though they pretended to be nice, there were also many noble wives who even touched the food expenses of the servants to make money for themselves.

Since she is a saint who fought the demon, she will keep her level even if she is not generous.  More than anything, she is a great person who makes them proud just by having her as their owner. 

“Anyway, let’s not ruin the Duchess’ first impression of Visconti by making a mistake.” 

With full military discipline, the Visconti servants who came to meet the duke and his wife were surprised inside even though they had prepared their minds. This is because the princess of Seymour looked much calmer and colder than the rumors they had heard.  

Perhaps because of her tall height and overbearing expression, they shrank just by looking at her.  

It was then. 

“Grrrr—!” 

Suddenly, a huge beast with golden fur broke through the garden and rushed in at high speed.  

“No way, the legendary divine beast…!?”

The butler, who heard rumors that there was a divine creature with golden fur in the Visconti forest, was shocked. 

“Oh my God… I thought it was just a rumor.” 

“It looks dangerous, so we have to subdue it…”

“Duke, what should we do?”

The gaze of the servants seeking permission turned to the Duke of Visconti. It was because in the Visconti territory, animals with golden fur could not be recklessly hunted.  

“Because it’s the golden Visconti.”

It was a strange rule made by Isidore.

When everyone was confused at the sight of the menacing beast standing in the way of the duke and duchess, it suddenly turned over in front of the duchess. As if submissive in front of a stronger predator.  

The Duchess, who stood expressionless without agitation, stretched out her arm to stroke the white belly of the divine creature, then rummaged around and threw something toward the garden.  

“There is.” 

“Grrrr…”

As if in response, the divine beast, who rang his throat, quietly disappeared toward the bush. 

‘Just now, she subdued that beast with a single glance, right?’

‘She gave orders to that huge beast!’

‘She’s amazing. She’s truly a saint!'  

The servants couldn’t keep their mouths shut at the amazing sight.

“It looks like Cookie was so excited that he forgot to transform.”

Meanwhile, Isidore with a troubled face whispered to Deborah.  

Cookie sometimes transformed into a big beast and showed off to hunted birds in the forest, but there was no way the servants knew that the little cat Duke Visconti cherished was the beast. 

“Could it be that the golden divine creature has appeared to welcome the mistress?”

“It must be a good omen. Golden glory will fall upon Visconti in the future!”

Someone began to interpret this situation positively, and all the servants quickly agreed. 

It was definitely great. The boldness and boldness of the Duchess, who did not blink an eye even in front of a beast, left a strong impression on the servants.

And the first impression is the longest and long lasting.  Due to Cookie's intrusion, Deborah has become a charismatic hostess who subdues even wild beasts.  

That evening. 

“I can't make a hasty conclusion based on what I saw for a day, but the Visconti servants are more polite and respectful than Seymour.”

At Deborah’s brief comment, Isidore shrugged his shoulders. 

“You was more energetic than usual.”  

“Well, since it’s the first day...” 

“By the way, what was that white bag you threw earlier?”

The back of Isidore's hand had claw marks here and there because of the cookie that was violently defending the bag Deborah had thrown.  In the end, he couldn't even check the contents of the pocket. 

“If you want to know, 99 gold.”  

As she playfully held out her palm, Isidore slowly clasped her finger. 

“You’re trying to hit me with your bare mouth. Is it all about having pretty hands?”

“Haggling over the price is no different than putting the money you took out of your right pocket back into your left pocket.  Husband and wife are one mind and body, don't you know?”  

Isidore smiled softly and continued. 

“We are one body now, so everything I have belongs to you from now on.”

“…….”

"Take a look and tell me if it's not enough. I'll earn more." 

He had the eyes of a devoted companion.  The solid eyes that give his trust make her heart flutter.  

‘For some reason, I feel like he has become more reliable after getting married.’

To hide the feeling of being tickled, Deborah pretended to slap the back of his hand for no reason, treating the scratched back of his hand.  

"Yes, I lost. It's catnip." 

"Catnip?"  

“The one in the pocket I threw to Cookie.  Cats and other animals can't stop looking at it when they see a grass called catnip.  It’s not a big deal, right?”

"It's not a big deal, but I was tricked properly." 

"Haha." 

“I'm the type of person who can't stand being curious... Is that why I can't stand it every time I see your face.”

"Wait... Why does it seem like the atmosphere suddenly jumps in a strange direction?"

Isidore slowly pushed her down, who was sitting on the sofa, clasping her fingers.

“It won't be 'suddenly'. I'm always looking for a chance to go there, so don't let your guard down." 

Isidore smiles with a somewhat brazen face. Nevertheless, it was a smile that caught her gaze like a trap.

Deborah eventually reached out and stroked his sleek jaw, and he bent his eyes at the gentle touch. 

* * *

‘Mmm.  Wherever I go, they make me difficult.’

I scratched my chin in embarrassment.  

It’s a hundred times better than what seems easy and easy, but the stiff accountants in front of me are middle-aged people, so the Confucian ideology inside me made me feel uncomfortable.
____Confucianism is an ancient Chinese belief system, which focuses on the importance of personal ethics and morality. Confucianism believes in ancestor worship and human-centered virtues for living a peaceful life. The golden rule of confucianism is “Do not do unto others what you would not want others to do unto you.” **

“The tea is ready. Let’s all sit down.” 

My words frightened them like rabbits.

"Yes!"

“I was impressed that you prepared such good tea.”

“It tastes good.” 

Well, isn’t this the basic level? 

Even if you follow the basics, there is still a bad girl class that always seems to have done more than the basics. 

Even though they sat down, their backs were stiff and straight as if they were being punished, and they looked at me with tense eyes as I was examining the thick ledger.

For reference, the ledger I was looking at now was a ledger that summarized the annual budget and expenditures of the Visconti family. 

Having the Visconti surname, it was natural for me to share the budget situation as a member of the family.  

It was also the duty of the noble wife to manage the castle and mansion with the budget set by the family, expand the position through external activities, and supervise the servants.  And, of course, the issue of using this budget is also the biggest cause of marital quarrels.  

There were nobles who distrusted their wives and set the available budget low, and there were also wives who were tricked by swindlers and ruined their families.  

‘But is this right?’

I had no choice but to be stunned by the absurdly large budget. 

‘Do I have to spend all this money for a year...? 

At this point, earning money is not work, but spending it.  With my petit bourgeois mindset that never gets fixed even after I die and come back to life, it seemed that no matter how hard I tried, I wouldn’t be able to use half of it. 

“By the way… ” 

The pupils of the accountants shook with anxiety as I looked through the ledger with a stiff face and suddenly let go of the rhyme.

"Yes!" 

"Why did you spend so much money here?" 

I asked, pointing to the ledger, 

"Oh, that thing... the money used to build the villa." 

‘Is it a villa built of pure gold? Why is it so expensive?’

Curious, I took a closer look at the expenditures and business outline in more detail.

“……!”

And I felt a strange feeling as I looked at the map of the development area attached below. This was because I found a familiar name on the map. 

“This area…  Isn't it a volcanic area?”

“That's right! A large sulfur hot spring was discovered nearby. The development is almost complete.”

The accountant said with a surprised look. 

‘Certainly, the terrain is suitable for hot springs to come out.’ 

And hot springs were the most favored place for the nobles as a vacation spot. 

After building a villa in a mountain and water-friendly place, spending a leisurely vacation in it is one of the luxuries that the nobles love as much as shopping for jewelry.

‘But… Isidore seems to has another plans.’

—ooOoo—

*https://www.britannica.com/dictionary/troika

**https://education.nationalgeographic.org/resource/confucianism/

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 4.1K 25
I've been reincarnated into a villainess.... but i will live my life as usual without giving main characters too much attention. by the way i'm Emili...
757K 30.3K 17
.
2.3K 7 5
Sometimes the truth is overrated.
101 27 18
Love is hard to find and even harder to loose.