My Savior | First Love Series

zwritessss által

•BOOK 1 OF FIRST LOVE SERIES• ✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧ "You saved me when I didn't even know I needed to be saved." ... Több

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Epilogue

Chapter 27

210 10 12
zwritessss által

"Whipped cream, double whipped cream, triple whipped cream, what comes after that?" Madaline yells as I approach our lunch table.

"Quadruple?" Julie wonders, her painted nails shimmering in the cafeteria light as she holds up four fingers.

"Quadruple whipped cream," Madaline sings in Scarlette's face.

I slow my steps until I'm at the table, looking at my group of friends with nothing but confusion. Scarlette rolls her eyes at Madaline's antics, her eyes sliding over to me soon after- a smile sliding its way on her face. I smile shyly at her when she scoots over and takes my tray from me, allowing me to sit down.

Madaline coos at this, her whispers turning to Jackson and Julie. Something about a bet makes it way to my ears, but I ignore it as Scarlette leans on her arm with her gaze focused on me. It made me nervous before, and that nervousness apparently never went away. I guess being in a relationship doesn't change that.

"Hi," I say, after a while of Scarlette looking at me.

"Hey," she answers back just as quickly.

I don't know what to say after that, so I slide over my tray to let her have my fries. Scarlette laughs quietly before running her free hand over my cheek, stopping at my dimples, then going to grab at my fries. My cheeks turn their familiar shade of pink as I dip my face down into my shoulder.

"How were your classes?" she asks, going to grab at my hand instead, leaning up to use her other hand to eat her food and some of mine.

"They were okay. A lot of notes," I complain while interlocking our fingers. "How were yours?"

"Boring as shitaki mushrooms," she tries to save herself at the end, knowing I'd say something about it. I laugh, making her grin at me before continuing her sentence. "I'm probably a genius in zoology from the fucking hours long lessons."

I shake my head, causing her to sheepishly smile at me. Scarlette mutters an exaggerated sorry which got her a 'whipped' from Madaline's side. I'm tempted to tease her, and hint at something going on between her and Jackson, but I don't want to get punched into the ground. She'd try it until she got tired or satisfied with the amount of hits she got on me. Plus, she's already been on edge because of Jackson not making any sudden moves. Me saying something would make things a lot more awkward.

Madaline glances at me, while squinting her eyes, like she knows what's going through my mind at the moment. I give her an innocent smile that she returns in an instant. I'm about to turn back to Scarlette when Julie taps on my shoulder. I'm met with a tiny but kind smile as I face her. I give one back and she leans in to talk to me. Her voice can be quiet sometimes- especially in our cafeteria.

"Hi, Nolan" she says, with a wave.

"Hey, Julie" I give her my own little wave.

"How are you?"

"I'm good," I answer, while moving to completely face her. Scarlette complains from behind me about how I let her hand go, causing me to shake my head for a second time with a smile worming its way onto my lips. I put my hand on the table for her to grab, quickly quieting her protests.

Julie glances at our hands, smiling to herself before looking back at me. "You're doing good at this relationship thing."

"Am I?" I ask, surprisingly and hopefully, "I'm really new to this."

Julie nods, and we jump into conversation quickly after that. We talk about how her mom is planning to sign her up for summer camp. It sounds bad if it was without her permission, but Julie seems excited to be a camp counselor. Madaline decides to join in at the time, putting on her best theatre skills, crying about how we'll miss her. I agree, telling her the group would miss her the entire time. That gets us a rising blush and a huge smile.

Julie's admitted before that she hasn't had much luck with friend groups because they always left her out of things. Wether on accident or on purpose. Us saying that we'll miss her might be a huge thing. I'm glad she has us as friends, and I can speak for everyone when I say that we're glad she's in our friend group.

"Does this camp allow visitors?" Scarlette props her head on my shoulder. "I mean, they have to. How else am I gonna get my supply of pretzels?"

That gets us all to laugh, and Julie promises to try and ship her some if the camp didn't allow it.

"What about me, Jules? I'm your favorite- hook me up with some beef sticks," Jackson pleads, his hair covering his eyes which leaves his pouting lips visible.

"Get your own, fatty" Scarlette pushes his face away, then blocks his face with her own.

"Madaline is my favorite," Julie plays along.

Everyone groans with the exception of Madaline who cheers loud enough for the entire cafeteria to hear. We all scoot closer together in a fit of laughs, our bodies huddling over the table like we're having a secret meeting. The thought brings another laugh out of me. I love my friends.

"What are you guys doing after school?" Madaline asks, looking at us individually.

"I'm going to my grandma's with my brothers. I'll probably end up going to knitting lessons while keeping my shit brothers in check," Scarlette mumbles, obviously not exited about the idea.

Jackson pats her on the back as if he feels sorry for her, but that's contradicted from the smirk that's plastered on his face. Scarlette hits him on the head and he cries out about her being his biggest tormenter. It makes me smile and be glad that Jackson can't read minds. I don't know if I'd ever say this to him, but I'm glad his cool persona has worn off a whole bunch. He's more comfortable with us, jokes around with us, and gives us terrible nicknames. I mean, I was just Nabster the other day!

Now that I think about it, Scarlette was the same way. Sure, she wasn't like that for long but still. She didn't seem interested in friendships the first two times I ran into her. The science project was the true start of everything- and we haven't started on it either. I should remind her of that. It's like forty percent of our grade.

"I'm supposed to be with you," Julie says, talking directly to Madaline.

"Looks like Nolan's with me," Jackson pipes up, his devilish smirk now aimed at me. "We're gonna have some real fun."

"Or you could join me to my grandma's," Scarlette suggests, her hands reaching for the leftover fries on Jackson's plate. "She'd kill to have more people available to torture."

I try my best to politely shake my head no, while also doing it quickly. If I'm not ready for Scarlette to meet my parents, then I don't think I'm ready to meet her grandma. They decide everything, and what if she decides that she doesn't like me? I'm not ready for that. I'd be a stuttering fool. Plus, I've never really been with Jackson one-on-one. It'd be good to further our friendship. Not because I'm dating his best friend, and not because my best friend likes him. It's for my own reasons.

"Your boyfriend already picked me over you," Jackson goats, going to give me a fist bump. I slowly bump his fist as Scarlette rolls her eyes at his antics. "What does that say about you, Scar?"

"That your breath stinks," she deadpans, "stop talking before everyone at the table passes out."

Jackson sticks his tongue out, and this time it's Madaline that's patting his back. She throws a discreet thumbs up to Scarlette who winks back. Julie laughs behind her hand, not wanting to add to the burn that he surely felt. I smile at their familiar banter while reminding everyone that we only have five more minutes of lunch.

That gets another groan out everyone, our classes being the last thing we want to attend. Everyone assumes that I like eight hours of school and all of my classes because I get good grades. It's pretty far from the truth, but I usually agree so I don't have to explain why I don't. It feels good to complain with my group of friends, and my now girlfriend about why I don't like some of my classes.

I look around at my friends then to Scarlette who props her head back on my shoulder.

"You sure you wanna hang with a pea brained asshole?" she asks me, not caring to sensor herself.

I poke her forehead before letting my hand drop back to my side, a shy smile slowly forming. I don't know how to act around her. My mind says one thing, but my body does the complete opposite. I wonder how it is for her. She's acting the same, and talks the same...maybe it's because she knows what to do. This isn't her first time. I hope this being my first time doesn't mess up anything.

"I'm sure," I tell her, "I've never really hung out with Jackson. We're usually just in the same space when we all hang out."

"I guess," she agrees, "thought I could get you for the day, but I guess if you think Jackson is better..."

"He's not better than you...babe," I say, quickly glancing at Madaline who gives me an excited thumbs up.

Scarlette leans up, her excited eyes focused more on me. "Yeah?"

"Yeah," I confirm.

Scarlette's grin widens so much it's as big as the pacific ocean. She grabs my hand when the lunch bell rings, signaling the end of lunch. I don't have much time to say goodbye to our friends, since she dumps my tray and leads us out of the cafeteria. We walk in silence, our hands clasped together, while the hallway quickly fills with students. She stops in front of my next class before finally turning to me.

"This is your class, right? I'd do the walk of shame if it isn't," she says, with a hint of seriousness.

I nod, checking the room and hall number. "This is my class."

I watch as Scarlette does a pump of victory. She comes closer to me, wrapping her arms around me in a warm hug. I feel a slight kiss on head before she backs up.

"Meet me in the parking lot after school?"

"Okay," I confirm.

"Take all the boring notes you can. See you later, sweetheart," were her final words before she saluted me and turned around to most-likely meet with Jackson.

I stand in my spot for a maximum of five minutes before someone clears their throat to let me know I've been standing in their way. An excursion of apologies flow out before I can stop them, and the guy awkwardly nods at me. I pat my cheeks in embarrassment then follow in after him, the bell ringing again as I do.

Everyone's immediate ushered to their seats as the teacher doesn't like to waste a minutes time. Notebooks are taken out and the clicks of pens are heard, since no one wanted to test the newly added teacher. They took their job seriously from the start, and a few had to learn that the hard way.

I take out my notebook and title my notes, the lesson already starting. They look a little scratchy, my handwriting everywhere with a few doodles to accompany the corners of my paper. My mind drifts to Scarlette and the hug she gave me before the start of class. I thought she was acting the same, but I guess not entirely. She's more touchy and open. With her words and actions. It honestly makes me wonder. She wanted to get me for another day, which makes the idea of another date spring to mind. She planned the last one, so it's my turn again...that's great.

The bell, hinting at the end of class, brings me out of my wonderland thoughts. I look down at my paper that's half filled with notes, and close it without shame. I pack up quickly and throw a goodbye to the teacher before being one of the firsts to leave the class. It may be because I didn't want to get called out on for my constant daydreaming and it's also because I want to see my friends. And Scarlette. I really want to see her.

The flood of students push me towards the entrance doors, and I make it out in record time. Madaline and Julie don't have time to meet in the parking lot- their parents being busy and having to pick them up quickly. That leaves me looking for Jackson who'd, without a doubt, be the first one to his car. If someone were to despise school the most, it'd be him. I, personally, think he only shows up for his friends. Otherwise he'd have a long list of absences.

"Yo, Nol!" a voice calls out to me.

I turn around to see my beef stick eating friend. He waves me over with another beef stick in his hand and a wonky grin to match. I head over to him and get a soft punch to my arm.

"I've been waiting for hours, man," he exaggerates. "We can leave when Scar gets here."

"Okay," I say, moving around his arm that somehow wounded around my shoulders. "Did she go to class?"

"Dunno," Jackson answers, "I was on the field."

I go to say something else when my eyes catch Scarlette walking out of the building with a guy about the same height as her. They exchange papers and fist bump before parting ways. I glance at Jackson who looks calm, his eyes staring at the graveled pavement. I look back up to see Scarlette heading my way with a smile already on her face.

Jackson removes his arm from around me, pushing me in front of him instead. I stumble a bit, not getting a true chance to react as Scarlette places her hands on my shoulders.

"Are we going to have a repeat of church day?" she teases, her hands dropping to her sides.

"No," I smile, despite the teasing question, "how was class?"

"Good," she answers, showing me the paper that the guy handed her. "Got answers for Jackie pooh."

We hear Jackson gagging in the background that makes the both of us laugh and face him. He glances up at us before he starts his act again. Scarlette rolls her eyes before turning her eyes to me.

"How did your class go? Think of me?"

"I-" I stop, a small blush dusting my cheeks. I did spend most of my time thinking of her, and possible dates that I'd like to take her on. "It was okay."

Scarlette hums, her warm smile never wavering as she looks at me. It turns into a staring contest when Jackson reminds us that we're still standing in the middle of the parking lot, and that we should go. I blink away the daze that started to infiltrate my mind, and nod over to him.

Scarlette waves him off and turns back to me in time for my arms to engulf her in a hug that I've been wanting to give her since I last saw her. She returns it with no hesitation and rests her head on top of mine like she did earlier.

"Still sure that you wanna go with Jack?"

"Yes," I say into her shirt, then tilt my head up so she can hear me more clearly. "We'll have fun."

"I guess," she mumbles, "keep me updated and don't eat any of his beef sticks."

I glance back to see Jackson eating yet another beef stick, and he offers me one when he sees my eyes on him. I slowly shake my head before turning back to the warm girl still in my arms. "I won't."

"Good, it's a trap," she muses, then places a soft kiss on top my head. "Have fun, babe."

My face goes into flames at the simple nickname and my heart pounds so loudly, I'm scared the entire lot can hear it. Is this how Scarlette felt when I said it?

I nod and we separate, her going to her car and blowing me a kiss along the way. I head back over to Jackson who grins widely at me. I slow my steps when he hurriedly beckons me over.

"We're about to have a shitload of fun," he says, almost wickedly. "Now, say aye aye captain."

"Aye aye, captain..."

"That's the spirit."

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

827K 14.3K 82
Two best friends are realising that they aren't kids anymore, and they have desires that need to be fulfilled. So who better to experiment with than...
See Me TellaAlvarez által

Ifjúsági irodalom

15.2M 592K 78
(Complete) After Seren is assaulted by someone in her friend group, she begins to fall deeper into the depths of her depression. No one seems to noti...
272K 10.8K 21
"I walked over to where Aaron was sitting on the ground, kneeling so that I was face-to-face with him. He was wearing a blank expression on his face...