The Canterfiction Tales

By CanterFiction

This is a twist on the original Canterbury Tales. I did a collection of 24 mini fanfiction stories. More

Young Frollo
The Marvelous Misadventures of ZephyJack
The Tale of Two Scourges
New Friends and Unusual Parents
Take Them- Part 1
Take Them- Part 2
I Forgive You
A French Apology
Diagnosed- Part 1
This Burning Memory
Touche and Unguard
Stalked
The Scavenger Hunt
Hospitality
The Joys Of Camping
Frollos In Paris- Part 1
Frollos In Paris-Part 2
Frollos In Paris- Part 3
Fall For You
The Wondrous Beauty of Italy
The Will You, The I Will, The Sunrise
The Episode
Here I Am, Send Me!
Emory Maise Deslauriers
Until We're Old & Gray
Revelation 21:4

Diagnosed- Part 2

7 0 0
By CanterFiction

(Sorry for the typos)

"Do I have to go to school?" Whined 9 year old Zephyr. "It's so nice out!" Ica turns around to look at him and gave him a half hearted smile.

"Sorry Zephie Bears, but I'm afraid so. When I was your age, some days  I didn't want to go to school either."

"But that was forever ago! School was probably a lot more fun." He said huffing.

"Um excuse me, I'm not so old that it was forever ago." Said Ica throwing a crumpled up napkin playfully at her son.

"Mumyyy stop throwing things." Said Zephyr giggling.

"We'll your being a little brat." She said in false annoyance. "Besides sometimes I don't want to go to work. Especially when it's nice out. But if I don't work, who's gonna take care of you?"

"Umm Jehovah!" Ica, taken aback by her son's resourcefulness, smiles at him affectionately.

"Well, okay you're right. You got me there. Jehovah will take care of you. But as your mum, he still expects me to work and take care of you."

"Daddy's got it made. He doesn't have to work or go to school." Said Zephyr. Claude looks back at his son in the rear view mirror. "Daddy, how come you don't have to work like mummy?" He asked tilting his head. Claude chuckled softly.

"Well son, that's because I'm retired. When you get old like me, then you don't have to work anymore."

"But mummy's old." Zephyr retorted.

"Zephyr! I'm not old!" Ica crumpled up another napkin and threw it at him. But he caught it and threw it back at her." Both of them started squealing and laughing. Claude shakes his head.

"Hey crazy girl, crazy boy, I'm trying to drive." His wife and son look at him with guilty apologetic faces. Claude sighs but he can't help but smile. "What am I going to do with you two?" When Claude pulls up to the front of the school, Zephyr reluctantly unbuckled his booster seatbelt and opens the door.

"I love you Zephie bears come give your old mum a hug." She said sarcastically making Zephyr laugh.

"Okay mummy, I take it back. You aren't old." Ica unbuckles her seat belt and leans over to wrap her arms around her son. "I love you mummy bears." He gives her a kiss on the cheek. Then he hugs his father. "I love you daddy."

"Love you to son." Replied Claude booping his son's freckled nose. Zephyr's parents watch him hurry into the building, hauling his back pack which is nearly as big as he is.

"I love that boy so much." Said Ica turning to look at her husband. He smiled at her and chuckled.

"We'll, I can see why. He's just like you mon amour. My crazy boy. You'd think I have two children instead of one, the way you were throwing napkins at each other. But he also has your kind heart and beautiful soul." Claude boops her on the nose. "And your freckled nose." Ica giggled.

"Okay, maybe he is a lot like me, but I bet if we had a girl, she would be just like you." Claude looked at Ica with a thoughtful smile and a glint in his eye. She looked back at him suddenly shy.  

"How would you think Zephyr would feel about a little sister?" A baby girl, Esmeralda. Like we said we would name her." Claude lowered his voice. "I mean, I know I'm up in years but we still...you know. So it could happen." Claude smirked and slid his hand around his wife's neck, leaned in and kissed her gently. Ica giggled as she kissed him back.

"Claude, you wily old man." Said Ica pulling away even though she was enjoying her husbands affection. We're still in front of Zephyr's school. Imagine how he'd feel if he saw us...or his classmates saw us. Poor kid would probably die of embarrassment."  Claude chuckled.

"I guess your right. I don't want my boy disowning me. What do you say we go to breakfast at your favourite breakfast place?" Said Claude sunnily.

"I would like that very much." Said Ica smiling.

When the Frollos get to Break The Fast, the waiter leads them to a table next to the window that looks out over the town. "Yippie! The best seat in the restaurant!" Cheered Ica. Claude chuckled.

"Fille folle, I love they way you get so excited about the simple things." Soon the waiter walks over to take their order.

"What can I get you two?" Asked the waiter, pad in hand.
"Can I get an egg white omelet withe cheeses, tomato, and spinach?" Started Ica.
"Certainly. And for you sir?" He asked turning to Claude.
"I think I'll have the same as my lovely wife." Said Claude smiling over at Ica. She blushed.
"Okay, I'll have that right out for you." Said the waiter with a quick nod.

After he's gone, Ica reached out and grabbed herb husband's hand. "I love you. I don't know what I would do without you."

After breakfast, the Frollos decide to head to the River Front for a stroll along the river hand in hand. Claude looks over at Ica. "So, I kind of wish Zephie was here. I felt bad leaving him at school this morning, while you and I gallivant all over the place." Said Claude chuckling. Ica laughs as well.

"Yeah, I was kind of thinking the same thing." Suddenly Ica takes off running and jumps on the bench with her arms out stretched. "The sun is so comfortably warm. I think I'll take in my vitamin D." Claude laughed out loud and hurries over to her.

"Oh my crazy girl, you never change. She falls back still with her arms out stretched, landing neatly in Claude's arms. He bends down to kiss her nose. "Thanks for catching me." She said giggling.

"I'll always be here to catch you." He said looking down at her. Just then Ica's vibrates. Claude puts her down and she answers.

"Hello?" Claude watched his wife nod a couple of times then freeze.

"Ica?" He said concerned. The phone slides from her hand and clatters to the ground. Followed by the sound of sobs as he sees his wife collapse to their knees. Right away Claude is upon her. "Ica! Ica!" Said Claude frantically. He heard a voice coming from Ica's cell phone that she dropped that is now cracked and lying beside her.

"Brother Frollo? Claude is that you?" Claude picks up the phone, whilst cradling his wife in his arms.
"Is that you McKnight?" Asked Claude.
"Yes, yes."

"What's wrong? What did you say to Ic..." just then it dawned on him. "Morgana..." said Claude his voice hushed.

"Yes." Confirmed McKnight. "She doesn't have long a couple hours maybe. I wanted Ica to be the first to know. I-I'm sorry, to have upset her." He said, his voice thick with sorry.

"It's alright McKnight. Thank you for letting her...us know."
"Is she...okay?" Asked McKnight hesitantly.
"Not really." Said Claude "Is it alright to go see her? I mean even if it's just Ica."
"Sure, that's fine." Agreed McKnight.
"Thank you. Talk later."
"Alright, take care Claude."

After hanging up Claude turns his attention to his wife. "Claude..." said Ica through tears. "Take me to see her. I have to be there for her. Please Claude." By now people are starting to look at the couple on the ground.

"Okay." Whispered Claude. "Let's go. Can you walk?" Ica nods her head. She slowly stands ups and wipes her eyes. When they get back to the car, Claude helps Ica in and quickly heads to the hospital. "Ica?" Said Claude. Ica turns her watery hazel gaze on him. "Do you want me to see if Kalista or Liam can pick Zephyr up from school today? I mean I can, but I didn't know if you wanted me to stay at the hospital with you."

"Can you wait for me? In the waiting room?" Said Ica softly.
"Of course mon amour." He said taking one of her hands.

When the arrive at the hospital, Claude takes a seat in the waiting room and Ica hurries to Morgana's room after getting the okay from the front desk. As Ica gets closer to her dying bible teacher's room her heart becomes heavier and heavier. Finally she stops outside the room. Jehovah give me the strength. When she enters the room she sees Morgana lying motionless on her hospital bed. She creeps toward her. When she peers down at the kind older woman, she looks frail and weak. Ica gingerly reaches out a hand and places it on Morgana's forehead.

"Morgana?" She whispered. She waits a couple of minute and calls her again. A little louder this time. "Morgana?" Morgana slowly opens her dark brown eyes.

"Hello Ica." She murmured in a barely audible voice. Instantly tears spring from Ica's eyes and down her cheeks.

"I'm going to loose you today." Said Ica, her voice thick with misery. Morgana reached up a thin shaky hand to Ica's face.

"Yes, but not forever. Remember, you'll see me again. Jehovah will bring me back and you and I can race all over the place. I'll actually be able to keep up with you." She laughed ever so softly.

"I know. But I'm still going to miss you. So much." Said Ica as more and more tears run down her face. Morgana is silent for a couple of minutes. Ica starts to panic. "Morgana?"

"I'm still here."
"Are you in pain?" Asked Ica.
"Not really. They've given me morphine. " Said Morgana.
"Okay." Replied Ica.

"Ica...dear." Ica looks up. "Before I go," started Morgana. Her voice is so faint that Ica has to strain to hear here. "I just want to let you know how proud I am of you. You have grown so much as a person. Spiritually and emotionally. You've learned to handle trials, get through them and become stronger from them. You dedicated your life to Jehovah. The most important think you can do in life. You fell in love to a wonderful man who loves you with all he has. And the both of you are raising a child to love Jehovah as much as you do. I couldn't ask for a more wonderful person to have studied with. I love you Ica...

"I love you too Morgana." Murmured Ica. There is silence for a couple of minutes. "Morgana?" Said Ica. "Morgana?" She called again. Again no answer. Ica's heart drops hard and she knows that her believed former bible teacher  can no longer hear her. She stands up and gently brushed the the white bangs from Morgana's forehead and gently kissed her forehead tears in her hazel eyes. "Goodbye Morgana. I'll see you soon."

Ica leaves the room quietly. She lets the woman at the front desk know that Morgana has passed. The receptionist she gives one somber nod and alerts someone to her room. When Claude sees her he is automatically at her side. He looks at her face and doesn't have to say a word. He just pulls her close to his chest and lets her cry. When she's done, she dries her eyes and looks up at her husband.

"Thank you for staying with me." She said softly.
"Of curse moon amour." He said kissing her forehead.
"Who picked up Zephie bears?"
"Liam did. Him and Maverick are on their way here right now."
"Okay. Can we go wait for them by the window?" Claude nodded.

As the Frollos wait for their son, the two of them watch all those going in and out of the hospital in silence. Ica's seated on Claude's lap with her arms wrapped securely around his neck. "I'm going to miss her Claude." Said Ica sadly.

"I will too. She was kind to me from the start. I think that's because of you." Ica tilted her head. "She adored you mon amour. And if you saw the good and me, then I think that made Morgana want to see it in me too." Ica smiled at him and rested her head on his shoulder. Just then, they hear a familiar voice.

"Mummy!" Running toward his parents is Zephyr. He throws his arms around his grieving mother. "Mummy I heard about sister Bleu. I'm so sorry. So so sorry. To both Ica and Claude"s surprise Zephyr has tears in his bright green eyes. Claude wraps his arms around both his wife and son and holds them.

"I'm really going to miss her, Zephie bears." Weeped Ica. Zephyr puts both of his hands on his mothers face.

"I know mummy. Me too. But I'm sure she told you that you would see her again. Jehovah would bring her back. Right?" Ica smiled at her son affectionately.

"She did Zephie bears."

"So all have to do is wait until that time. I know it will be hard because you really loved her, but me and daddy will help you wait. Right daddy?" Said Zephyr looking up at his father.

"That's right son." Soon Liam and Maverick are at the Frollo's side. Liam gives Ica a tight hug and so does Maverick.

"I'm so sorry auntie Ica. I know you loved Sister Bleu like a grandma." Ica hugs Maverick back and lays her cheek on his straight black and white hair.

"Thank you Mav." Murmured Ica.
"So, began Liam. Do you guys want to come hang out at my sis's place for a while? Have dinner?"

"C'mon mummy, daddy, no sense in being sad at home when you can be sad with friends. Remember Romans 12:15. "Weep with those who weep!" Ica can't help but be extremely proud of her spiritually minded son. She laughs out loud.

"That is true Zephie bears." Said Ica picking him up and hugging him.

"You know, Jehovah is proud of you encouraging mum like that." Said Claude as he ruffles his son's thick wavy hair. Zephyr beamed.

"So does this means we are going to Maverick's house?" Both his parents laugh.
"We are." They said in unison.

***

As Brother Fallen gives Morgana's funeral talk Ica can't help the tears fall from her eyes, like many others there listening. When it's over there Is an option to go to her repass. As brothers and sisters begin to file out of the Kingdom Hall, Kalista walks over to her best friend and gives her a hug.

"You okay?" She asked. Ica smiled.
"I am. I know I'll see her again. I just have to be patient." Said Ica confidentially.
"That's my girl. So you going to the repass?"
"I think we are?" She looks back at Claude who gives a nod. "Yeah we are."

"Alright. Well I'll see you there. C, Levi, Mackenzie, come on. Time to go." All three kids hurry after her as she waves to Ica and heads out the Kingdom Hall.

"Come on Zeph, we're heading out." Called Ica.

"Coming mummy." Zephyr says good bye to the brothers and sisters still at the hall follows his mother.

As they drive to the venue where they re pass will be held out Ica is silent. "You okay mummy?" Asked Zephyr. She smiles back at her son.

"Yes Zephie bears. Just thinking about all the fun times I had with Morgana. I can't wait to have more fun wit her, in the new system."

"That's the ticket!" Said Zephyr sunnily. "Mummy?"
"Yes Zephie Bears?"
"I'm proud of you."
"You are?"

"Yeah. You are letting Jehovah comfort you. I can tell. You aren't so sad anymore and you seem peaceful. Ica turns around and strokes her son's freckled face.

"Oh Zephie bears, I certainly am." She whispered.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 2.7K 20
ok so this is my first time writing fan fics mainly cause well I suck at it and I also suck at writing descriptions so your just gonna have to find o...
29.6K 1.2K 47
~"You don't- you don't need me." I stared in shock. This was the first shred of emotion he'd shown since he started avoiding me, and I had no idea ho...
78.7K 2.8K 79
jack lives with an abusive father and falls for a certain red headed boy. mark just wants to rescue jack. shy!jack jock!mark please read: hello! so...
1.2K 27 10
What if Firestar was sent back to the past with his memories? What if it was as his old kittypet self? What will happen? Find out in this fanfiction...