Tender Trifles of Love

By S_Godaria

Both were lost in each other's eyes when he snaked his arm around her waist and pulled her towards himself. S... More

Prologue
Character's Introduction
BREAKFAST
ASTHEATICS
NERVOUSNESS
PAST INCIDENT
MARRIAGE PROPOSAL #2
THE TALK
IT'S A YES
IT'S FIXED
DREAM V/S REALITY
ENGAGEMENT
ENGAGEMENT #2
GREEN EYED MAN
PRE-WEDDING
THE D-DAY
POST-WEDDING
WEDDING NIGHT #1
FIRST DAY
MOTHER-IN-LAW'S OUTFIT
PEHLI RASOI
BACK TO HELL
HOME
HE'S HURT
COTTON CANDY
FIRST DATE
RUINED DATE!!
ONE MONTH!!
UNWANTED GUEST
SHE LIKES HIM!
FIRST KISS-HER & HIS
AFTER EFFECTS OF KISS
CLEARING MISUNDERSTANDING
THE MOMENTS
LOVE, FAMILY, OFFENCE
PYAR
STOMACH ACHE
REALISATION

MARRIAGE PROPOSAL

589 23 2
By S_Godaria

Abhay's POV

It's been a week since the topic of the marriage started and from that time only I have been shown the pictures of about twenty girls. And I liked no one. They were all good but I don't know....I didn't feel like meeting them or knowing them and if I'm not feeling connected with them in the initial times then how will I be able to live with them for the whole life.

That's what I told Mami and bhabhi but they said if I won't meet and talk to them then how would I even feel connected. And I think if I feel connected to them by seeing their pictures then only I will go to meet them. Reverse opinion. Now what can I say. They all have already decided that now they won't show me the picture of any girl and will directly make me meet her.

So we all are going to see the girl with my marriage proposal. I asked them to arrange a date for me and her but No. They said NO straight away. As they think if I go to meet her alone then I will mess up. I mean why would I even do that. I don't want to die single. But who will make them understand. They are on a mission To Get Abhay married ASAP .

Now I'm ready to meet my could be wife.

Abhay's Look

After getting ready, I moved towards the living area to see him sprawled on the sofa stuffing something in his mouth and no one around. My mood went off just by seeing his face. God why can't you see me happy for a few days. Tch..

"Awwww, my baby look at you! You look so good darling." My best friend Mukur Verma exclaimed in his girly voice which I hate to the core. He stood seeing me and hugged me so delicately like I'm actually a baby.

I patted his back and broke the hug but he didn't leave my shoulders and scanned me with his eyes from top to bottom and said again in his irritating girly voice, "baby, you look so thin. Aren't you eating well?"

I finally said as I was not able to bear his irritating voice more, "Mukur first, I'm not thin. You are getting fatter day by day. I'm fit" and jerked his hands off my shoulders, "And second, stop behaving like my girlfriend." I checked my shirt to see if there was any stain as he was munching chips a few minutes ago with the same hands.

As I diverted my attention towards him from my shirt and saw that he again sprawled on the sofa munching on chips like he was doing a few minutes ago.

"Baby, you don't have one. That's why I have to behave like your girlfriend." He said licking the empty bowl which was earlier filled with chips, directly with his tongue. Ewww. I snatched the bowl from his hand and kept it on the table.

"By the way, what are you doing here and when did you come back from Delhi?" I enquired.

"Oh yeah, I didn't tell you right....I just came here directly from the station. Actually I missed my baby a lot so I thought to see you first."

I rolled my eyes at him and was about to tell him to get out of the house but Mami, Mamu and Bhai came inside.

"Oh great! You are already ready then let's go. We can't be late." Bhai said without noticing Mukur sitting there who was looking between me and Bhai with confused expressions.

"One minute Bhai, he...." I said gesturing my hand towards Mukur. Then only he noticed him sitting there.

"Ohh Hey Mukur, how are you dude?" Bhai greeted him and he stood up from his place to hug Bhai. Both had bro-hug then Mukur moved towards Mamu and Mami and touched their feet to take their blessings. They blessed him and started talking ignoring me.

"Bhai, aren't we getting late now." I said loudly to grab their attention. Then Mami held Mamu 's hand to see the time in his wristwatch.

"Oh Yes, let's go let's go. What will they think if we get late for the first meeting only." She panicked.

"Who??" Mukur interjected with the same confused expressions.

"No one" I dismissed knowing him very well.

"But where are you all going? That too dressed up to the nines." He said again.

"Will tell you after coming back." I answered and started to move towards the main door but he held my hand.

"No, first tell me." He said again frustrating me.

"Didn't Abhay tell you?" Bhai enquired.

Why are they so hellbent on telling him. I don't want him to know. Because if he gets to know where we are going, he will definitely come with us. And I don't want that. As he can't keep his mouth shut. And I don't want my first impression to get tarnished.

"What didn't he tell me?" He said accusing me with his eyes.

"That... we are going to see a girl's house with Abhay's marriage proposal." Bhai said finally enlightening him and he looked at me shockingly like he betrayed him.

He came to me and said dramatically, "I just went out of the city for four days and you took such a big decision and didn't even feel important to tell me."

Now he is actually behaving like my girlfriend. I sighed and said, "Now you know na, good enough" and tried to walk away from this drama queen. But do you think he will let me go this easily. No. Never.

He again held my hand turned me towards himself and said holding my both hands with a fake hurt voice, "I never knew that you would do this with me. You cheat. I never said yes to any girl thinking if I got into a relationship then who would take care of you as all my time will be spent with her. But you are straight away going to get married. I'm hurt Abhay. You hurt me." He said last sentence keeping his right hand on his heart like it was actually aching.

I rolled my eyes at his acting which he ignored royally and said, "I'm also coming with you guys."

"NO" I said immediately.

"But why" He asked.

"Because...." I started but didn't know what to say then I got an idea and said, "We are going for the first time to someone 's house and it won't look good if we all will go. And we are already five. So no more. Sorry." I said seriously praying for him to understand.

"But I..." He began to say but got interrupted by Mamu.

He said, "Mukur Beta, Abhu is right. We are going for the first time to their house and it won't look good if we all go there when we don't even know them personally. And if Abhay and their daughter liked each other then you would have so many chances to meet her....right."

Thank God my Mamu is smart or else this idiot would have definitely come to spoil my images in front of them as he is my best friend and it's the fundamental right to insult your best friend.

And he finally agreed making me smile.

"Let's go." Mamu said we all moved towards the main door including Mukur as he was going to his house. Just then I noticed bhabhi's absence so asked Bhai and told me that her friend is out of town and his wife is pregnant. So she will stay with her and come tomorrow morning.

Simran 's POV

In the school

I was going towards the staff room because it's my free lecture. I sat on my seat and closed my eyes. I was really tired as it was my 4th class of the door and 3 classes are yet to give. And this is my only free period. As I was relaxing, my phone started to ring. I took my phone out of the bag to see it was Mummy's call.

"Hello, Yes Mummy." I said concerned because mummy never calls at my work hours as she knows I won't attend if I am in class.

"Ummm....Simu Beta, Can you take half day leave today. Actually something really important came suddenly...." She said hesitantly.

"What happened? Is something wrong?" I asked worriedly.

"No. No. Nothing is wrong. Everything is alright. You don't worry. I just need you here so please come home in an hour." She said I was relieved.

"Okay... I will reach home in an hour...hmm." I said and she replied with an okay happily which confused me. But without pondering much over it I walked towards the Principal office.

Our Principal is a man of 50+ age and is very kind and respectful to everyone. As I entered his office upon taking permission, he smiled politely.

"Yes, Miss Simran, how may I help you?" He asked in his courteous voice.

"Sir, I need a half day leave. Actually my mother called just now asking me to come home. I think it's some emergency. So if you allow me....can I take lea...." I was saying but got interrupted by him.

"Sure, sure. Please go and call me if there is some problem....okay. You are like my granddaughter....hmm." He said and stood up from his seat keeping his hand on my head.

I nodded with a smile and walked out of his cabin. My smile widened thinking finally I'm getting leave even for half day but still it's much more for me in this session end time.

Happily walking towards the staff room, I collected all my stuff and moved outside the school premises. I hired an auto and started checking my social media till the time I reached home.

Abhay's POV

We are sitting in the house of the girl whom I come to see but the girl is not here. She is a teacher and she couldn't get a leave so will be coming anytime now- that's what her mother said.

"Are beta, take more samosa." Her mother said again for the third time.

"No Aunty, Thank you." I refused politely.

And she again got busy with Mami. Whereas Mumi and Bhai are busy talking with uncle, the girl's father.

And yeah I forgot to tell you her name is Simran. Nice name na. I was thinking about her when I heard a melodious voice.

Ho.. ye kaise hain lamhein
Jo itne haseen hain
Meri aankhein mujhse
Yeh kya keh rahi hain

(What are these moments
which are so beautiful
What is this that
my eyes are telling me)

Tum aa gaye ho (aa haa)
Yakeen kaise aaye (aa haa)
Ye dil keh raha hai (aa haa)
Tumhe chhu ke dekhun (aa haa)

You've arrived (aa haa)
How do I believe that (aa haa)
My heart is saying (aa haa)
To touch you and be sure (aa haa)

A girl came singing and twirling without noticing anyone here. Removing her dupatta from her neck, she threw it towards me and it landed on my face disrupting my view.

Haaahaaahaa...

Tell me how it was!!!

What do you think?? What would be Simran's reaction when she would come to know that they are the family who came to see her for marriage???

What would be Gargi and Rajiv's reaction to see their daughter singing and dancing that too in front of her in-laws???

A new character was introduced so tell me whether you liked him or not!!!

And like always please do let me know your views on the story!!!

Please read, vote and comment your views 🙏🙏

Toodles!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 11.8K 44
โ๐Š๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐๐จ๐ž๐ฌ๐ง'๐ญ ๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ ๐š๐ฌ ๐Œ๐ฎ๐ซ๐๐žฬจ๐ซ, ๐ƒ๐š๐ซ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐ ..โž ๐„๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ž ๐๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐š๐ข๐ซ๐ž ๐๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ฅ ๐Ž๐ง๐ž โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค โ ๐‡...
4M 140K 83
STOP RIGHT THERE Mrs Priya Ekaansh Raghuvanshi, a shiver ran down her spine listening his dangerous voice she gulp and tightly close her eyes,she was...
281K 17.5K 92
"It's look perfect in you finger" ...... the boy said "but I'm afraid" ...the girl said "buy why , what makes you afraid?"..... "this new relations...
606K 30.1K 84
"Neither I am leaving you nor this place...samjhe??" saying I fisted his collar even more tighter and pulled him close to me. He was not even ready t...