Unexpected

By lemonzest

Winter Sykes is one of those students who never really cared about popularity. Winter have had enough of that... More

UNEXPECTED
AUTHOR'S NOTE
1 | Like a dieting kid to calories
2 | Practically the Devil who wears Prada
3 | Off with your head
4 | Death by Cinnamon
5 | Better than Nutella on a Bad Day
6 | I'm a wreck
7 | The Truth is Inevitable
8 | So Date Material
Author's Note
9 | You Can Never Dig Her Back Up
10 | Points for Being Humble
11| What am I, a princess?
12 | Royal Bed Privilege
13 | Hug Some More?
14 | Not Interrupting Something
15 | Pizza and Jelly Babies
16 | We'll Find Him
17 | The Messed Up Sister
I LOST A CHAPTER
19 | First Dates
20 | My Munchkin
21 | Still a Ninja
22 | I have a deal for you
WOOPS
23 | How To Get Away... from Winter
24 | The Chase
25 | Breaking Point
26 | The Deal
27 | Our Dear Ole Prime Minister
28| Good Thing I Packed Suits
29 | All the Way from Monaco
30 | Bright Side of Things
31 | Little Did She Know
32 | All Tingly Inside
33 | Pull That Card Against Me
34 | Namast'ay in Bed
35 | Chop Off Your Genitals
THIS IS THE END
36 | Best Boyfriend Ever
37 | All About the Media
38 | Turn of Events
HELLO
39 | Surprises
40 | Unexpected Hesitations
Hi
This is what you've been waiting for...
The Last Chapter

18 | Worst Confession Ever

7.9K 392 86
By lemonzest

Dedicated to @EmSlough because Pillow Talk, Love, and Other Things is gold! Also, love love loveee her icon. WOOP WOOP! It's The Arrow and Felicity (lol is my spelling right tho?)

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

"It's been a long day," Nate said as we lay on the bed watching Tangled.

"Yeah," I said softly. "A lot has happened."

I yawned and after a few seconds, he yawned as well. He joined me as I laughed quietly.

"You made me yawn as well," he accused.

"Yawning is contagious. Didn't you know?" I teased then buried my face on his shirt even more.

I've found it really comfortable having him beside me and I absolutely love his shirts. They're just so soft, softer than my clothes which was really weird. They also smelled great which is even weirder.

"You should really tell me how you wash your clothes," I muttered as I inhaled again. The smell of his shirt was just so addictive in a way that it calms me. Not in a sexual way of course but just... really really calming.

"Why?" he asked.

"Because they smell so good," I said.

"You're weird," he commented and I can't help but glare at him.

"You're such a twat sometimes," I said in return.

"Ouch. That was mean," he said in mock hurt.

I decided not to answer when I remembered something. Me and Nate still haven't talked about what happened last time. The kiss. It was just that after all the chaos that happened, the topic of that kiss was never really brought up.

"Hey there sleepyhead," he said. "Don't tell me you're sleepy already. It's so early."

"I'm not sleepy. I was just thinking about something."

"Oh," he said with a boyish grin on his was. "What is so interesting that you've ignored Nate-King-of-Sexiness-Brooks?"

He was in such a light mood that I almost didn't want to ask him about the kiss but for some reason, my blabber mouth just can't hold it back any longer.

"What was the kiss about?" I asked.

His expression turned from a teasing one into a serious one. He straightened himself on the bed and stood up. Pacing around, he seemed really nervous that I was getting his nerves as well.

I looked at him curiously and when he met my gaze, he inhaled sharply.

"Alright..," he trailed off. "What it is is that-"

He was about to finish what he was saying when his phone rang. He was about to burst and I grimaced at his expression.

"God can't I just get a break!" he shouted, pulling at his hair.

He looked at me with an apologetic expression on his face and said, "I'm sorry. So sorry, I just have to take this. I'm sorry, wait a minute don't go. "

He pulled at his hair in annoyance again and got his phone out from his pocket.

"Hello I am in a middle of a fucking confession here," he said. "Shut up. Just shut up mate I'm doing something."

There was a short pause then Nate said, "Just... Ugh. I'm not even paying attention to what you're saying."

After that, there was silence as he hang up the phone.

"Annoying dipshits," he muttered as he put his phone inside his pocket.

I stared at him as he stared at me right back.

"I was... Before I was rudely interrupted by that phone call, I was going to..," he trailed off. "Look, I'm... I was just about to say that I like you."

I was too shocked that I just stared at him with probably a blank expression on my face. He grimaced and paced the room again.

"Look, it's okay if you don't feel the same way or anything like that and I know that this isn't the most romantic confession because of that stupid phone call and I should've just done it some other time but I really like you and..," he ranted on bu I wasn't paying attention anymore.

"Nate," I said calmly but he was still going on and on. "Nate!"

That made him stop and stare at me and I just stared at him right back like we always do. We... it sounded nice.

"You can shut up now because I like you too," I said, blushing furiously.

"Really?" he asked as if he doubted that I would ever say that.

"Yes you stupid idiot," I said as he approached me and held my hands as he willed me to stand up. "And I don't fucking care if this is not a romantic confession or anything. At least now I know that you like me too."

"God, you're so perfect," he said as he hugged me.

"Now kiss me to make it the least bit romantic," I said.

He chuckled, the vibrations of his chest tickling my face. He gave me a boyish grin and held my face with his hands, playing with a lock of baby hair with his fingers.

"Now, Isabella, let's make this romantic shall we?" he teased as he gave me one of those smirks again. Isabella... He freaking called me Isabella.

His lips were on mine in a second. It was like the passing of the autumn breeze, strangely calming. I found myself lost in our own little bubble as I placed my hands on his shoulders. We were so lost that we didn't realize that someone has opened the door.

"Woah!" someone said, surprised.

Me and Nate broke away. As I turned my gaze toward my now open door, I saw Nate's friends looking at us with their mouths open. Nate however looked really pissed.

"Seriously?!" he shouted at his friends.

"So that was why he wanted to get rid of us during that call, eh Alec?" Charles said as he elbowed Alec.

"Hey Brooks you landed yourself a princess! That is totally awesome," Matthew said.

"The princess is just right here," I said as I rolled my eyes at them.

Nate groaned and approached his three friends.

"Sorry about them," he said to me as he led them downstairs.

* * *

As we all sat on the couch, all of Nate's friends were smirking at us, with their gazes flickering from my face to Nate's.

"So, Winter, these are my annoying mates," Nate said as he pointed at them.

"Annoying, psh. We're far from annoying Your Highness," Matthew said.

"Please don't call me that," I begged.

"Anyway, this guy's Matty. That one's Charles and he's Alec," he said as he pointed all of them out.

"I do know them Nate. We all go to the same school remember?" I told him as he blushed.

"Oh look! Our little Natey boy is blushing," Charles cooed.

"I could punch you right now," Nate threatened but Charles just laughed it off.

"You didn't seem to be blushing when you were kissing Winter," Alec teased.

"They were snogging?" a voice asked and when I looked to my right, I saw my brothers with bowls of ice cream in their hands.

"OH GOD thanks a lot Alec," I said exasperatedly.

"My pleasure," Alec said. "You're her brothers right?"

"Yeah," Lewis answered while his mouth was full of ice cream which made had me grossed out.

Ugh, boys.

"And who are you?" Harry asked as he took a seat beside them.

"We're your brother-in-law's friends," Charles said as he emphasized 'brother-in-law'.

"Please don't say that word to my brothers," I begged again.

"Oh cool! Do you guys play footy?" Lewis asked.

"Of course we do! Who doesn't?" Alec said and his tone seemed as if football was the best thing ever.

"Winter doesn't play," Harry accused.

"What! I do so!" I defended. "Sometimes."

"Really?" Lewis asked as he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Okay fine I don't," I confessed as I grabbed a throw pillow beside me and hugged it.

All of them were talking about football, leaving me with no one to talk to again. They were arguing on who the best players are and stuff like that. They were laughing at something I wasn't paying attention to and when the laughter died down, Harry said, "Anyway, back to the topic of your snogging session."

I glared at him and was about to throw the pillow at them when Nate's cousin came, her bag rattling with all her belongings.

"Who's snogging?" she asked.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

AUTHORS NOTE:

HI!!! Hope you like this little chappie! :)

VOTE | COMMENT | SHARE

love, Alex

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.3M 533K 95
When an 18 year-old Marine replies to an email meant for an advice columnist, the girl on the other end can't help but be hooked on his every word. W...
743K 23.7K 68
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her entire life. Only a shel...
4.2M 97.7K 44
(Watty Awards Finalist - Trailer inside) My life is far from normal. I may act like a normal teenage girl during the day, but I'm the most fearful st...
231K 9K 31
Evea's life has been a series of very unfortunate events. She has faced many terrors; abuse, the death of a family member, and rejection. However she...