Luna Cherry

Por esthersteel_

A bar. An Alpha. A Human Woman. She tries to run, he catches. He loves her, she hates him. Another one of t... Más

1. oi cherry blossoms
2. falling for an alpha
3. a drunken hangover?
4. haha so totally married
5. i love to hate u
6. sweet syrup and sexy
7. dinner with a pack bang
8. i'm stubborn and i know it
9. kiss, mary, kill
10. drunk me isn't honest
11. here we go
12. let me prove it
13. willingly being the catch
14. levi and his wallet and me
15. oh, this is nice.
16. now i'm mad, but it's... fine?
17. oh no, here we go again
19. whoops she might be less terrifying
20. a morning problem
21. a level head
22. bad with it
23. he loves you
24. put me down please
25. okay okay okay
26. yes alpha
27. one hundred percent!
28. cray mother-cray
29. lay with me
30. here we go
31. make love to me
32. thrums of pain
33. a young wife
34. a strangers goodwill
35. pain but safety
36. forgotten memories
37. sushi
38. woman
39. compassionate heart
40. finale
author note!

18. free woman before a mated one

10.2K 335 11
Por esthersteel_

The half hour passed faster than I would have liked, Levi running in pouring covered in sweat from his run. He doesn't talk to me grabbing the first thing he could off the hangars to throw over himself after a quick shower, "Levi, please."

No words come from him, the keys shaking in his hand when moves about the room grabbing everything that he needs. I shift my focus to tossing on a pair of shoes trying to avoid the heartache his silence brings me.

"Ready?" He calls out from across the room, I nod walking over. He doesn't bother to wrap his hand around me like he normally does but takes the time to hold the door open for me so I can enter the hallway.

Pack members fill the spaces, all giving me a warm smile, "Hey Luna! Smelling great!"

Smelling great?

"Watch it Andrews, she's still adapting." Levi grunts behind me. Andrew's snickers running off before a different female runs up to me.

"You're going to Death Hole tonight right? My name is Tiki, I'm Beta Jackson's wife and mate." She gives me a wide smile the gap in her front teeth showing, "He was the one that called the Alpha earlier."

"Uh, yeah. Levi said we were game. I'm excited. Seen Mary?" I mumble looking around at the gathering people. She snorts looking around with me.

"If you see her let me know. I need her to sign off on something for me, but she is most likely already at the bar pre-gaming before the real party gets there."

"Oh." I didn't have much to say to that, and Tiki didn't seem bothered by it. I catch the eyes of Sanders across the room, his more formal attire replaced with a hoodie and sweats.

"Hey Luna!" He calls out walking over with a beautiful blonde under his arm, "This is my mate, glad to see you and the Alpha getting along enough to go out."

"I'm Yasmine, nice to meet you." She stretches out her hand and I take it. Her hand is warmer than I expected, but she didn't seem to weirded out. Tiki laughs at us focusing on covering her mouth.

"Sorry, it's just so formal!" She huffs moving a piece of hair behind her ear, "Yasmine is amazing. She's a delta with her mate. Both good people. Jackson should be ready to go soon. Are you and Alpha driving yourselves?"

Levi speaks up for me apparently appearing out of nowhere, "I'll take her, I won't be drinking tonight."

Tiki scrunches her brows, "But Alpha!"

"Tiki, come on, you know how new mates are. She's still adjusting."

The brunette growls in return, a nod from her ending that segment of the conversation. I can't get over how normal everyone looks, all the ladies in their bar dresses and men dressed comfortable preparing to deal with drunk women. Levi throws an arm over my shoulder, and I let it stay. I could feel his surprise a small smile coming over me.

"Fine. Fine." Tiki groans turning to Sanders, "Come on, Freddy. You're drinking right?"

He nods, "Oh yeah. Yaz and I have had a long week, we both plan to have a little fun. The kids are driving me up a wall!"

My head tilts, "How so?"

Freddy laughs, "Their mates are being mates. With the Heat coming soon their males are bugging for pups, and both are having trouble deciding if they are ready. They like to call their mother and I when stressed, this week being a particular phone call filled one."

I join the laughter. While I don't understand most things, it's funny that his kids are calling him with such trouble. In my more human world, you just avoid talking about kids planning with your parents. They know you have sex, and that's that, "It's good to hear your kids still call home when bothered by something."

"Oh yeah, it's good to still be wanted. When they were kids I was a part of their game of life, but now I'm thrown to the bench, just a spectator for the crazy things they learn every day. Finally, after eighteen years of female hell," His wife slaps his chest, "I am their advice giver, safe space, and shoulder to lean on. I wouldn't have it any other way."

"You're a good dad, Sanders." I mumble. Yasmine smiles in agreement, Levi dropping his arm from my shoulder to lay a hand over my waist.

"And you'll be an amazing mother, Luna."

Out of respect I give him a smile, but I say nothing in return. No need to dig that grave. This pack has hopes, and while I don't favor the idea of staying here... I shouldn't be burning bridges before I finally figure it all out.

"We are going to head out and get a martini in my beautiful mate, see you guys there." Levi yells out to the group, all of them cheering in return. My cheeks turn a bright red as he turns us to the car garage.

"Besides your car, do you have a preference?"

The garage of overpriced metals comes into my sights, I scan over the area landing on the same truck that I was taken in, "Let's take the truck."

"Any particular reason?"

"Curious to see how well you cleaned bloody mary's out of your front seat after my solo concert that night."

"I won't lie, I had to give it to the professionals." A smile takes over his face, I send one back. It could be easy between us, you know?

He leads me over to the truck letting me take the step up into the passenger seat. His hands stay held in the air around me until I successfully buckle myself in. I frown at him when he checks the seatbelt, but soon enough leaves me alone to run back around to the driver's side, "Do you ever plan on letting me drive?"

Levi gives me the look, "When I'm convinced you won't drive us into a tree."

"And about how long is that?"

"When you're swollen with our pups."

Oh. He drives me into silence again. I fiddle with the dead skin of nails while he keeps his priority on getting to the bar. Neither Levi nor I continue the conversation. Much has been said between us, as well as not enough. This complicated wall of should I just give in and run as far as you can is settled between us. His desire for me to want to stay willingly is a stretch, how can I stay somewhere take takes away the things I thought made me happy?

However, when talking with Yasmine and Tiki... that made me happy. I loved laughing with Freddy and listening to their more human problems. It was welcoming, and desirable. These interactions that the pack value so much are things I was never blessed with. Darrel made it clear it was work then home, until I decided to piss him off.

"We're here." Levi mumbles, I unclick the seat belt pausing to roll my thumbs around each other, "Cherry..."

He doesn't continue, and I understand. Things are complicated between us. I only add to it with my conflictions within myself. How can I claim married but make out with him in the middle of a forest? Cuddle with him during a movie?"

"Did he sign the papers?"

Levi tightened his grip on the steering wheel his knuckles turning white, "He burned them in front of the lawyer and said to kiss his ass."

"And then what?" I grip the door tightly, somehow I know the response.

"He informed him that he's looking for you, and when he finds you it won't be pretty."

I hold my breath. The words I want to say don't form, nothing expect the thoughts of him throwing a can at my head or locking me in the basement until the laundry was finished.

"And you didn't tell me this why?"

"He's on the run, his scent dropped off in a border state. I assume you were safe and didn't need to know the details."

"I need a very strong drink, and tomorrow," I click open the door, "Some explanation. I'm not agreeing to be with anyone until I'm divorced." 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

6.1M 132K 45
He ruled the werewolf community yet he was a mere 24 in human years, His lack of a mate caused him to be cold hearted, mean and ruthless. She was ev...
349K 16.2K 37
Grace did everything she could to separate herself from the supernatural world. Little did she know, one moment of weakness would destroy all of her...
9.1K 172 20
Alice, a broken girl who has lost her last hope of ever being rescued by her mate. She has been living in a dungeon for 15 years. She lost family and...
3.2M 75.7K 38
"I said look at me," he growled as he grabbed my arm from the Gamma in a vice grip. I winced and finally looked up to his stunning grey eyes. 'Mate...