letter to Cassiopeia

By artiifexx

When I was a kid, my sister was fascinated with greek mythology. One day she told me the legend of Cassiopeia... More

1. Space Song-Beach House

6 0 0
By artiifexx

My whole life, I always felt like I wasn't where I was supposed to be. It's like the universe or whatever god you believe in, dropped me somewhere random and thought « oh shit well that wasn't the plan but I guess it'll be fine! ».  I wish I could tell you if it really is fine or not, but I'm not sure I know that answer myself. I feel that if I were to give you an answer, it would be something that's already written in a coming out of age book and honestly, copying an other book would not be a good way to start my own.
I live in a small town somewhere lost, and I won't even bother to write down my town's name because you wouldn't know it anyway. And besides, the story is way more romantic if it's a bit mysterious isn't it? So, as I was saying, I live in a small town I shall not name, and I do not fit in at all. I'm the litteral definition of a fish out of water, or a martian here. And I am forever greatful for not fitting in with the kind of people that live here but at the same time, sometimes, I secretly wish that I did. Because quite honestly, even though I like being alone, I hate being lonely. And I think that is what I have been for a while now. You see, there is a really big, like jupiter size big, difference between being alone and being lonely. The thing is you can choose to be alone or not, but loneliness isn't a choice. If it was nobody would choose it, wouldn't it ironic if loneliness became lonely because nobody would choose to feel that emotion? I think it would. I won't try to explain loneliness to any of you because I'm pretty sure everyone has experienced it, wether we liked it or not. And if you haven't experienced loneliness, you're probably a psychopath.

Anyway... So i'm a lonely girl in a small village and as far as I remember, I've always wanted to write or do something that really meant something. I wanted to have an impact, leave my mark somewhere. But then I would start to write and think « wow this is actual shit. » I mean how could I ever write something as good as The perks of being a wallflower? How could I compare with John Green or Madeline Miller? And then I would loose my motivation, delete what I wrote, and get back to whatever tv show I was binge-watching or whatever book I was reading that day. And I still feel that way. All I want to do right now is erase everything I just wrote and get back to doing absolutely nothing, daydreaming about having an impact on the world. Something with such a greatness that it would set souls on fire just like my soul burns when I read certain books or watch certain movies. But I never really had something to write about. Until now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 157K 49
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
1.5M 113K 43
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...
3.6M 290K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
4.6M 288K 106
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...