PARADOX

Per Goodreadsbygab

At 17 years old Amina faced a tragedy that changed the outlook of her life forever, or maybe so what she thou... Més

 Prologue
PDX1
PDX2
PDX3
PDX4
PDX5
PDX6
PDX7
PDX8
PDX9
PDX10
PDX11
PDX12
PDX13
PDX14
PDX15
PDX16
PDX17
PDX18
PDX19
PDX20
PDX21
PDX22
PDX23
PDX24
PDX25
PDX26
PDX27
PDX28
PDX30
PDX31
PDX32
PDX33
PDX34
PDX35
PDX36
PDX37
PDX38
PDX39
PDX40
PDX41
PDX42
PDX43
PDX44
PDX45
PDX46
PDX47
PDX48
PDX49
PDX50
PDX51
PDX52
PDX53

PDX29

7.3K 576 360
Per Goodreadsbygab

December 31st 2022
Dallas, Texas
9:41 am

Rashad was awoken to a pair of soft lips continuously pressing against his, he slowly opened his eyes to see Amina. He let out a smile sigh of relief, grateful that what happened the last time he got kissed out of his sleep, wasn't happening again. "GoodMorning." Amina greeted as she straddled him. Rashad noticed that she was sporting a new hairstyle, and judging by the aroma of hair products in the hair, she just finished doing it. Amina's hair was now styled in a middle part, the hair was cut into layers which gave the subtly bumped ends more definition. In the front were two platinum blonde streaks, one on each side. "You look pretty." Rashad announced.

"Thank you." Amina smiled as she toyed with the string of his hoodie. She was an early bird, so he figured she had to be up for a few hours, because not only was her hair freshly done, but she was no longer in her pajamas as well. Amina was wearing a jacket that tightly hugged her body, paired with the matching athletic leggings. Rashad freed his hands from her ass and used them to zip up her jacket all the way, covering the bit of cleavage that she had showing.

"Matter of fact." Rashad spoke as he pulled the zipper back down, "You good." He added.

Amina knit her eyebrows together, "Why?" She questioned, "Cause you look good as fuck." Rashad replied. Amina lightly chuckled as she got up from his lap, Rashad watched her walk into the bathroom, so he followed. He noticed she had an unopened toothbrush and a small toothpaste sitting on top of a face towel, positioned on the opposite twin sink. It was a small gesture, but he appreciated it. Rashad put the supplies to use by starting with brushing his teeth and flossing. Once that task was finished, he moved on to washing his face.

Rashad wet the small white towel with hot water before ringing out the excess water, he used the towel to wipe his face down, being sure to remove the sleep from his eyes. "You got a cleanser I can use?" Rashad questioned, Amina nodded her head yes as she grabbed her La Roche Posay cleanser. To Rashad's surprise, she began to cleanse his face for him.

Amina held a focused look on her face as she used a facial cleansing sponge to work the product into his skin, "Your skin is so nice." She spoke a little above a whisper. Once she washed off cleanser, she grabbed a cotton round and poured enough of the liquid to dampen the small piece of cotton. Amina gently swept the cotton against his face, getting every nook and cranny. "What's this?" Rashad questioned.

"Toner." Amina answered as she went to throw the soiled cotton round in the trash. "What it do?" He asked. The routine was new to him, and much more complex than his quotidian routine.

"It goes behind the cleanser and gets the extra that the cleanser didn't get." Amina explained, she finished off by adding moisturizer and sunscreen to his face. "All done." Amina spoke before pulling home down and placing a kiss on his lips. Amina gave Rashad a feeling that he couldn't explain, mainly because he'd never felt it before. The sparks when they touched, the melodic tune that was her voice, and the way he longed for her when they weren't in each other's presence—he couldn't put what that did to him in words.

"What you doing today?" Rashad questioned, "I gotta stop by Chalyn's bakery to get my order I put in for dinner at my family's." Amina replied. Before he could reply, her phone sounded, causing Amina to look. Rashad subtly looked down so he could catch a glimpse as well. Melo: GoodMorning. Hm, Rashad thought to himself.

"I'll ride you around." Rashad announced, Amina furrowed her eyebrows together before smirking, "Really?" She questioned, Rashad nodded his head yes.

"Alright then." Amina spoke as she walked over to her dresser, she scanned the clear acrylic stand that housed her many perfumes before deciding on one. She removed the cap and sprayed the perfume on her body, wrists, behind her knees, and also on her ankles. "I just realized you never made it to Blue's." She voiced.

"Yeah—I'm sure they held it down without me though, I definitely gotta be there tonight for when the new year ring in." Rashad spoke. He instinctively began to make up Amina's bed, "You decide if you sliding by or not yet?" He asked, closely anticipating her answer.

"Yeah, imma slide by." Amina answered. Rashad nodded his head. Although he wasn't physically smiling, he was definitely smiling internally. Amina began helping him make the bed, since Rashad did most of it, the task didn't take them long.

"You ready?" Amina questioned as she slipped her Louis Vuitton speedy onto the crease of her arm. Instead of replying, Rashad walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her body. "You look good...smell good too." Rashad spoke against her neck before he began to place soft kisses all over her neck. The duo had a mutual twinkle in their eyes for each other, Rashad picked Amina up and carried her over to the bed, she dropped her purse on the floor and used that hand to caress Rashad's face as they kissed.

Rashad and Amina helped each other out of their clothing before continuing their kiss. Soon, Rashad's lips traveled down to her chest and to her left nipple. His tongue circled around her hardened areola, causing her to softly moan. Amina's hand laid on the back of his neck as she watched him. Once Rashad felt like he showed enough love to one nipple, he moved to the other side.

Once he came up, he placed a kiss on her lips before he began to rub himself on Amina's warm entry. He pinned her legs all the way back before he pressed his body against Amina's, his strokes started slow and steady but gradually became swifter, welcoming pleasure for the both of them. Rashad watched as Amina struggled to breathe as bliss took over her body,  "Shittttt." She moaned out. The feeling of being inside her wet love had Rashad feeling like he was ascending, her moans were angelic as they hit his ears.

"Damn Mi." Rashad grunted, "Tell me it's mine." He demanded.

"It's yoursssss." Amina called out as she arched her back as a response to the satisfaction, "Cum for me if it's mine." Rashad instructed. Amina's body began to shake all while her walls gripped Rashad's manhood even tighter. Rashad was learning Amina's body, he noticed that she'd go crazy when he would talk while in it. Making her reach her climax on demand was some shit that had him feeling himself.

"Rashad." She panted as she reached her climax, Rashad continued to get his last few strokes in as he reached his climax as well. He pulled out and leaned over to kiss her first pair of sweet lips. He wasn't satisfied with just one, so he doubled back for a few more. He pulled away and took a moment to eye her, "What color you want your hellcat to be?" Amina questioned, causing them to laugh. "You ain't gotta me no hellcat—I'm boutta buy yo ass a planet though." Rashad replied before kissing her lips once more.

December 31st 2022
Dallas, Texas
1:26 pm

Amina watched the video she recorded of herself for what felt like the 100th time, she sat pretty on the passenger side of Rashad's car, lip syncing to hallucinating by future for her video. She was honestly recording herself to pass time while Rashad ran into his apartment to freshen up, change his clothes, and water his plants. She opted on staying in the car since her legs were sore from earlier. Amina lightly chuckled thinking about how Rashad had her legs behind her head—like she was flexible or something.

Amina decided to upload one of the videos on her story, just because. Once it was uploaded, she moved to her Twitter app and began to run her left hand through her silky straight bundles as she mindlessly scrolled. 

Suddenly, a few knocks on the window caught Amina's attention. She looked over to see Rashad, waiting on entry to the car. Amina used her free hand to unlock the car, he hopped in and sat his phone in the cup holder. "Hold this for me." Amina instructed as she handed him a tube of her Dior lipgloss. She rummaged through her small bag, in search of her AirPods case. The feeling of the lipgloss applicator brush on her lips caught her attention, she slowly looked over to see Rashad concentrating as he applied to lip gloss to her lips. Amina chuckled as she went to her camera app to record them.

"What are you doing?" Amina lightly chuckled at how focused he was, "I'm getting you right." He replied as he twisted the top back onto the lipgloss tube and handed it to her.

"What's the next step? Since you know what you doing?" Amina questioned, "I'm so cold—you ain't even gotta do nothing, told you I got you right." Rashad replied, making Amina chuckle even harder. She stopped recording and scrolled down to see her Notification Center. To Amina's surprise, Melo's friend Allure had booked an appointment with her for next Tuesday. Allure seemed really nice, so she was excited about this appointment.

December 31st 2022
Dallas, Texas
9:15 pm

Amina poured a bit of sparkling cider into her wine glass before reaching over to clink glasses with her cousin, "Cheers!" They spoke before taking sips from their glasses.

"Mimi...I think I'm drunk." Maverick dramatically announced, "Off what? Cause that's apple juice foo." Amina chuckled, Maverick kissed his teeth before taking a sip of his beverage. The family had just finished eating their New Year's Eve dinner, it was a tradition for them to eat appetizer styled foods on New Year's Eve, and then have an actual dinner on New Year's Day. To keep things interesting, Michelle made different foods each year. This year's' appetizers were Vietnamese themed, and as always, the dinner's theme was currently unbeknownst to everybody but Michelle.

"Pour me a double." Mav spoke as he finished his last drop of cider, he used his arm to extend the glass to his cousin. "What you know about a double?" Amina laughed. Amina often looked at the child in disbelief, watching him grow up was crazy to her. She remembered when was a little baby, and now he could hold conversations with her.

"Cause he be sneaking and playing that GTA game."
Michelle answered for him as she walked into the dining room and took a seat, Amina and Maverick looked at each other before laughing. "No—I got it from that show you be watching." Maverick replied with a slight chuckle.

"What show?" Amina meddled, "Everybody finna get a whoopin." Michelle joked, causing them to laugh.

"Especially you." Michelle pointed her freshly manicured finger at Amina, "Why me?" Amina raised her eyebrow as she reached for her drink, wishing it was alcoholic to aid with the integration she was about to receive.

"You know ole boy called Travis—distraught as ever, saying that he saw you getting carried out the club." Michelle spoke. Amina blew breath from her nose before slightly rolling her eyes. For one, never did this nigga try to tell her uncle on her. "Only thing that stuck with me was you getting carried out the club...I need the details." Michelle spoke, Amina lightly chuckled. She was happy to give her aunt the details, since she was her confidant.

"It wasn't like that. I had on my shark boots and he helped me take them off, I was gonna walk outside in my socks but he insisted on me not doing so—so he carried me." Amina explained.

"Who is he?" Michelle questioned, sending a smile over Amina's face. The thought of Rashad and who he really was as a person made her giddy. "A friend." Amina confidently answered.

Michelle shook her pointer finger, motioning for Amina to come close enough for her to whisper in her ear. "Friends don't sleep with friends." Michelle whispered, Amina jumped back with a look of surprise on her face.

"H-how?" Is all Amina managed to get out before Michelle cut her off, "You got a summer glow in the middle of winter MiMi." Michelle chuckled as she used her chopsticks to pick up a soup dumpling.

"So, tell me more about him." Michelle instructed. In that moment, Amina realized how grateful she was to have an aunt and comrade in Michelle. "He's from New York—oh, and he owns a jazz club. It's you and Travis' speed, so y'all definitely have to check it out." Amina explained, Michelle nodded her head as she listened.

"New York huh?" Michelle smirked, Amina nodded her head yes as she toyed with the new year glasses Maverick left on the table. "Yeah, I went with him for Christmas." Amina admitted, already knowing that's what her aunt was hinting toward. Now that Amina was back home, she started posting pictures on her Instagram story from her holiday trip.

"You know Travis called it—well, he thought you were sneaking off with Cain." Michelle spoke. The mention of Cain's name instantly made Amina's face twist up, as if she smelled something foul. "If I'm going somewhere with Cain, you and Trav needa call the police, because I'm being held against my will." Amina laughed, Michelle did the same. 

"Did you like your gift?" Michelle questioned. Before Amina could reply, Travis' presence caught their attention. "It's a parade inside my city yeahh." He shouted, Maverick rushed to his father's side and began to do the griddy.

"Okay Mav!" Amina chuckled as she hyped him up
Michelle shook her head as she chuckled. "Two peas in a damn pod." She spoke before grabbing her glass cup that was filled with the fresh organic mango peach juice she made and took a big gulp. The smile on her face, made Amina smile as well. You could tell that Michelle was very proud of her little family, it was all in the admiration she held on her face while she watched them interact.

"Okay y'all! It's time to write our letters." Michelle announced as she stood up and briefly vanished into their home office. Every year Michelle made everybody write letters to their future selves to reflect on all that they want to accomplish. Usually, they'd read them on Christmas Eve to give them a week to prepare for what they wanted to write for the upcoming year.

Michelle came back into the living room and handed everybody a piece of paper, a pen, and an envelope. "How much do we have to write?" Maverick questioned, clearly upset about having to write while not at school. "As much as your heart desires." Michelle replied as she used her hand to squeeze his face before placing a kiss on his forehead.

January 1st 2023
Dallas, Texas
2:25 am

Something about the new year had Amina feeling really sanguine. She had big hopes and dreams for this year and right now she had faith that she would see them through. After bringing in the new year with her family, she kept her word and made her way to Blue's. Amina walked in the building to see everybody enjoying themselves, per usual. Confetti decorated the floor, along with wearable decorations people lost throughout the night.

Amina scanned the room from left to right in hopes to spot Rashad, there was 0 trace of him, which wasn't abnormal at all. Amina adjusted her purse on her shoulder and headed toward his office. The music became slowly became faint as she got closer and closer. Once she approached the door she gave it a hard enough knock to catch his attention, but soft enough to not be belligerent. A few moments without a reply went by, so Amina decided to let herself in.

She walked in to see Rashad with his eyes deeply fixed on his computer, the creaking of the door caught his attention, causing him to look up. A simper expanded across his face once his eyes laid on Amina. She closed the door behind her before walking over to him, "I told you I was coming." She spoke as she sat on the wooden desk. Rashad softly grabbed her chin to pull her in for a kiss.

"I was definitely boutta call yo ass." Rashad replied. His deep voice sent many chills through her body, as always. "You had fun with your people?" He questioned. Before Amina could reply, the door flew open with force causing her to jump in fear.

"I ain't got it Rashad—I can't come up with the money, so do what you gotta do. And if that's kill me, then oh well." A man yelled out as he nervously paced around. Amina furrowed her eyebrows together as she looked at Rashad, who was holding an angry expression on his face.

"Kill him?" Amina questioned. The fear off of the man was conspicuous. He continuously wiped his palms that were sweating onto his black sweatpants due to anxiousness. "It's alright sugar, he ain't gon' kill you." Amina spoke as she hopped off the table and walked over to him.

"Relax and enjoy your new year." She added as she held him arm to lead him to the door, "Yes he is." The man replied as he turned around, just right in front of the door.

"Oh, I promise he's not." Amina assured as she opened the door for him. Once both of his feet were over the threshold, she closed the door and walked back over to Rashad. "Kill him?" Amina exclaimed as she folded her arms over her chest.

"Yeah—and I don't know why you told that man I'm not, cause I am." Rashad replied, super monotone. "Rashad." Amina kissed her teeth.

"Cmon Mi, it's not your fight." Rashad attempted to shake the conversation off. "Is this over some drugs?" Amina screwed her face up. Rashad sat there, not saying a word. Amina ran her tongue over her top row of teeth before inching toward him.

"Hello? Is this over drugs?" She asked, but once again, Rashad didn't reply. "That's so fuckin lame—over some drugs? That man don't deserve that and he's obviously scared as hell." Amina filled in the silence.

"That's his job—just like if a ho run off after getting their hair done, you'd be pissed." Rashad finally spoke, "Duh, but I wouldn't kill them nigga." Amina replied.

"Well, that's you." Rashad spoke. Amina looked at him in disgust, she was learning that he was much more than that, but right now she was wondering if he knew that. She took a liking to his other layers, forgetting that under all of them was still Rashad the hood nigga. Amina shook her head as she grabbed her purse off of the table.

"Where you going?" Rashad questioned as he popped up and grabbed her arm. "I'm going home Rashad...I'm tired." Amina replied as she wiggled her arm out of his grasp. Rashad scrunched his face up in confusion, but Amina didn't bother to elucidate. She twisted the nob to the door and walked out. On the way down the hallway, she noticed Rashad was trailing right behind her.

"Yes?" She questioned as she stopped and turned around. "I'm walking your mad ass out." He replied. Amina didn't fight it, instead she rolled her eyes as she turned on her heels and continued to walk alongside Rashad.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

6K 108 21
A 17 year old girl lives the life of an adult when she finds out that 2 of her favorite tv shows where created just to explain her life.
9.6K 299 46
Teenage girl falls in love but it leads down the wrong path. Her life was changed drastically. (COMPLETED !!)
320 69 10
Journey into the life of Ilsa, where she encounters one of her biggest problems that greatly affect the life she had.
571 42 31
Sometimes, life can surprise you. Even if it takes longer than you thought. For Ayesha, life was a series of calculations and logical choices. She ha...