The Rich Boy's Assistant

By iampaulvictor

Marc Williams started having some financial problems after his dad's job was cut short, he decided to get a p... More

Authour's Note: ( A MUST READ )
Chaplet 1 - Getting A Job (Edited)
Chapter 2 - Breakfast (Edited)
Chapter 3 - New Student (Edited)
Chapter 4 - Pretty Boy (Edited)
Chapter 5 - "Hello Bitch" (Edited)
Chapter 6 - Bad Days Comes With Getting Fired (Edited)
Chapter 7 - Bearded Boy (Edited)
Chapter 8 - Father's Call (Edited)
Chapter 9 - New Job (Edited)
Chapter 10 - Old Times (Edited)
Chapter 11 - Little Lies (Edited)
Chapter 12 - Songs and Compliments (Edited)
Chapter 13 - Room (Edited)
Chapter 14 - Fluffy Moments And A Fresh Start (Edited)
Chapter 15 - Netflix And Feelings...? (Edited)
Chapter 16 - Unexpected Cuddles and Paparazzi (Edited)
Chapter 17 - Blake Fucking Wright (Edited)
Chapter 18 - Sunday (Edited)
Chapter 19 - The Ex Is Coming Back (Edited)
Chapter 20 - Games (Edited)
Chapter 21 - "Am I That Irresistible?" (Edited)
Chapter 22 - Ex Apologies (Edited)
Chapter 23 - This Looks Like An Ice Cream Date But It's Not Official (Edited) šŸ“ø
Chapter 24 - "Then Why Are You Blushing?" (Edited)
Chapter 25 - Little Fights (Edited)
Chapter 26 - "...I Did Not Run In These Heels For This..." (Edited)
Chapter 27 - Cold Days (Edited)
Chapter 28 - Making Things Right (Edited)
Chapter 29 - Moana Goes To The Ocean (Edited)
Chapter 30 - Paying The Toll (Edited)
Chapter 31 - The Mystery Begins (Edited)
Chapter 32 - It Finally Happened (Edited)
Chapter 33 - Menories (Edited)
Chapter 34 - Thank U, Next (Edited)
Chapter 35 - Unexpected (Edited)
Chapter 36 - Making Amends (Edited)
Chapter 37 - "Screenshot" (Edited)
Chapter 38 - Important Work Stuff At Night (Edited)
Chapter 39 - Chaste Kisses (Edited)
Chapter 40 - Dusty Secrets (Edited)
Chapter 41 - Brotherly Love (Edited)
Chapter 42 - Desire (Edited)
Chapter 43 - "Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind" (Edited)
Chapter 44 - Eye Witness (Edited)
Chapter 45 - "I'll Make Him Pay..." (Edited)
Chapter 46 - Side By Side (Edited)
Chapter 47 - Framed But Not A Picture (Edited)
Chapter 48 - In The Beginning... (Edited)
Chapter 49 - Missing (Edited)
Chapter 50 - "Where Am I?" (Edited)
Chapter 51 - Traps Are For Preys (Edited)
Chapter 52 - ANTEL (Edited)
Chapter 53 - "Yes" (Edited)
Chapter 54 - Bonding With The Enemy (Edited)
Chapter 55 - God's Love Is Equal (Edited)
Chapter 56 - The BackStory (Edited)
Chapter 57 - Bettayed With A Kiss (Edited)
Chapter 58 - Therapy Session With The Bad Guy (Edited)
Chapter 59 - Old Friends Reuninote, Sort Of (Edited)
Chapter 60 - Silent Pains And Final Moments (Edited)
Chapter 61 - Hurt and Happiness (Edited)
Chapter 62 - Donuts and Bromance (Edited)
Chapter 63 - Moving On and Getting Grounded (Edited)
Chapter 64 - Graduation and Big Decisions (Edited)
Chapter 65 - Graduation and Prom? (Edited)
Chapter 67 - Happy Moments And The Question (Edited)
Final Author's Note: (A MUST READ) p.s. it's a bit long but worth it
Collecting Questions for the Upcoming Q & A
Alternate Chapter 30
72 Cool And Surprising Facts You Never Knew About TRBA
OUR BOYS ARE BACK FOR SEASON 2!!!
Celebrating 100K Reads on TRBA šŸŽ‰
News & Updates

Chapter 66 - "Sometimes Papa Doesn't Always Tell The Truth" (Edited)

988 27 41
By iampaulvictor

Texts in Italics are past events

Yes another suspenseful chapter

- read the author's note at the end -

BLAKE

My dad had hired lawyers to come talk to me to convince me to not testify against him in court with a threat to make my life miserable. Even in custody he still had power to make my life a living hell.

Mr. Ferreira found out about this on the first day they started coming to me. They disguised themselves as company executives. What's that saying again... Lawyers are liars. He immediately banned them from coming anywhere near me or his house in general and even filled a lawsuit against them. The lawyers Daniel's dad has hired we're really good as he got the ones at the top who won nearly almost every case they handled. They prepared me with questions and taught me how to respond to certain questions which will likely come my way.

The real Executives came by a few days to the court hearing to start making documentation of transfer of power of the company to me since my dad had willed it to me - I guess that's a good thing? - the paperwork were too many and my head couldn't focus on all of those things right now. I had to dismiss them till after the court hearing by then we'll know what further steps to take.

I knocked on the huge home office doors to Mr. Ferreira's office and at first I doubted he heard me from how thick these doors were but a few seconds later I heard a faint "come in"

I pushed the door open with a bit more strength than I thought. Mr. Ferreira was surprised to see me as he dropped the files he was looking at and stared at me a bit confused.

"Uh.. Blake. Is there something wrong?" He asks with concern laced in his voice.

"No sir, everything's fine" I respond still standing where I was not sure if I made the right decision to come here or not.

"Well then, you can take a seat" he offers.

I take steps of uncertainty as I sit on the chair in front of the huge desk that I always wonder how they are even set up.

Mr. Ferreira is patient with me as he doesn't say anything but quietly looks at me with a faint smile. I wish my dad was like him. Unfortunately, he's not.

"I was thinking about my dad's company and the future state of it..." I paused to see if they'd would be a change in expression instead it remained the same.

"I know with everything that's been going on... he won't be heading that company anymore and everything will be transferred to me.." I pause to take a deep breath before continuing.

"I don't want to take over the company" I say and he looks at me surprised but doesn't say anything.

"I would like to do my own thing, y'know?... pursue my own goals, focus on my studies and take a break from all of this for some time" he seems to understand as he nodded.

"While I do not wish for it to be run to the ground, I want someone who would temporarily oversee everything. I know there's the president and other executives but I'm not so sure about their pure intentions. I don't really know them as much and haven't done any background check" I admites looked down like a shy puppy right now. I don't know but it's just that Daniel's family had this gene or whatever that made them look young and intimidating with their looks at the same time. Mr. Ferreira was muscular and well toned for crying out loud.

"Do you have anyone in mind that would take up that position? Remember, it's a really big company and there's lots of responsibilities attached to it" he asks a bit worried.

"Yes... you" I say and find the little courage to look up at him.

He looks at me with shock at my sudden response. I don't think any of us were expecting that.

I had a reason I chose him. I've seen how he's actually a good CEO and could raise any company from the ground to its greatest heights. He was a good manager as well. That's one of the things that has him sitting comfortably in the billionaire position today.

Mr. Ferreira has been nothing but caring to me ever since I came not just him but all the Ferreiras to be honest. They made me feel like I've been a part of the family for a really long time. They took me in as one of them. Almost every night whenever I think about how I never got to have this feeling of having a 'family' it made me cry silently at night. It's a very painful feeling knowing that you're alone in this world and that the only person you thought you had treated you badly and wouldn't waste no time in pulling the trigger at you.

"No" Mr. Ferreira replied and I sat there frozen.

"I don't think you're in the right state of mind right now. I truly understand that everything that's happening lately is a lot to take in and the trial is in a day from tomorrow and so you're more likely to make decisions you haven't really thought much on" he explained calmly.

This is a decision I have actually really thought of even right from the hospital.

"Sir, I have really thought about this a lot and I assure you it's not an irrational decision" I explain calmly.

He's quite for a while before he speaks again.

"Alright then, let's see how it goes"

*

I wanted to feel something but I couldn't.

The car ride to the court was faster than I anticipated. Everything went fast.

I sat on the pew with my lawyer by my right and Daniel by my left. Mr Ferreira sat on a separate seat since he would be answering most questions. I wasn't surprised when I saw that a few other company's and executives were here and filing different lawsuits against him too.

I looked at my dad who was bound up in cuffs as he sat a few feet away from me. He had grown little beards in his face from custody. Being this close up to him made me really uncomfortable and I felt like disappearing right there but I had to sit through this long process. He didn't spare me one glance even when I was called up to testify. It hurt me a bit that he wouldn't even feel remorse, even a little. The only time he looked at me was when I was asked what happens to the company,

"I would like to give Mr. Ferreira the position to oversee the companies temporarily"

He looked at me like I had threatened him with a gun to his forehead... that sounds familiar... right?. He paled in an instant and tried to speak but the judge quieted him down as a little uproar began in the courtroom among those who were against the decision and those who agreed to it.

Even Daniel was surprised at my response.

Things went by in a blur as my heart was beating fast and I had just testified against my dad and given his company to another, temporarily. The look of betrayal and hurt my dad had in his face made me question my decisions but I knew it was for the best. I did the right thing.

He was given a total of 21 years behind bars after he pleaded for it to be reduced. I stood there and watched as he struggled with the officers who were taking him away as he spilled profanities.

The sight was too painful to behold and so I stood up and left. I wasn't sure where I was headed to but I found an empty corridor and rested my head there as I closed my eyes. Reality just set in. I had lost my dad... for a very long time.

I felt a hand placed gently on my shoulder and I turned around to see Daniel standing there with an emotion I couldn't describe right now. I'm really glad he could be here for me today. It meant a lot.

Upon seeing him, I finally break down. Every pent-up emotion I had inside me was set free.

"It's okay" Daniel says soothingly as he hugged me and rubbed a hand up and down my back while I decorated his shoulder with tears.

PRESENT DAY

I swim to the side of the pool where I kept the fruity drink I sipped on occasionally from the fancy glass cup Mrs. Ferreira would probably skin me alive if I broke it. Of course she could obviously replace it numerous amounts of times as she wanted but Daniel's mom didn't really like to lavish money unnecessarily.

Today we decided to cool off as it was already approaching summer and you could tell by the sudden hot days sneaking up on us lately. The pool at the back was big enough for us 3 and more even but Marc's other friends were busy today so it's just us. I also wasn't sure inviting my friends over would be a great idea. Sure I am already like family to the Ferreiras but I don't plan on just doing things without permission around here and Daniel never really invites any of his other friends over.

I sip my drink and watch as Daniel and Marc are playing Marco - Polo. How ironic, I know. I smile amusingly at how cute they actually looked together and I am genuinely happy for them. Although my feelings for Daniel may not completely fade away but as they say... if you really love someone, you have to let them go. Besides, I'm happy that he's happy and we're bonding even now more than ever. I couldn't have asked for any other best friend.

Marc and I have also bonded more over the weeks. He's a nice guy - too nice for my liking at times but I guess it's rubbing off on me - Although we wrangle every now and then and get on each other's nerves but the next minute we're cool about it. I don't know.... We're just like that.

"Here you go" Bryan says as he drops a plate next to me.

"Thank you"

Well Bryan had decided to make barbecues some feet away from us under the shade of the trees. I didn't mean to stare but I have to admit, Shirtless Bryan on a hot sunny day with his hair let down and the wind blowing it in his face while he pushes it to the side unintentionally flexing his muscles and abs is a hot Bryan. I wouldn't make it obvious anyways. I just like to admire from afar.

I'm thankful he doesn't feel like punching my face anymore although I kinda deserve it for being a dick but he's warming up to me and that's progress.

I've started making public appearances ever since the court hearing which was the first time I had been spotted in public in weeks. I will admit I had already made up my mind not to even go for my graduation but after Mrs. Ferreira gave me her motherly advice and encouragement - which I'm glad she did because subconsciously I knew I needed that positive energy - I decided to go and I'm ever so grateful they were there for me.

I have denied press interviews and magazine shoots because I knew majority of their questions would be about my dad which I'm not mentally and emotionally ready to answer any of it. I will have to at some point but not yet, soon.

I take a bite of the barbecue and it tastes really good.

"This is really good" I moan in satisfaction.

"Thanks. I was invited to participate in one of those celebrity cooking shows so I'm upping my game with early practice" Bryan says in a genuine smile as he explained.

"Oh you're so winning it" I tell him sincerely and I meant it.

He follows my line of sight as he sees me staring at Marc and Daniel who were currently in their own little world if you must know.

"I've not seen him this happy even before the incident with Natalie. They were both happy but not this happy" Bryan admits as we watch Marc laughing while trying to get away from Daniel who was splashing water everywhere.

"Yeah... they're really meant for each other" I admit and take a sip of my drink once again.

"Sometimes we want the things we can never have but the ones meant for us will always find it's way to us" Bryan says with a knowing smile as he looked at me.

I was lost for words as I couldn't fathom what to say to him instead I just stared at him with a blank expression on my face.

"I may look like I don't know what's going on but I see everything" He says with a smirk.

"Don't think about it and don't stress about it" Bryan adds and laughs at his own words causing the attention of others to be drawn to us.

"I feel like we're being left out of something" Daniel says as he swims over to us with Marc trailing behind him.

"I wonder where you got that from" I say as Bryan and I roll our eyes.

"Is there something I should know?" Daniel asks as he looked at Bryan and I for possible answers.

Marc stretches his hand to take one of the barbecue I had on my plate and I slap it off.

"Ow" he yelps.

"They're mine" I glare at him in faux annoyance but give him one nevertheless. See... I told you we were just like that.

"It's really good" he commends and I nod in agreement.

"It's our secret" Bryan says with a smirk as we share a high-five causing Daniel to groan in frustration.

Daniel looks at Marc munching happily on another one of my barbecues which for the record he stole from me.

"Don't even dare" I warn him.

"Fine. When will ours be ready?" He turns his attention to Bryan as they both look over to the barbecue stand.

"10 minutes" Bryan responds.

I had no idea when Marc left the pool and stands behind Bryan with a mischievous smile on his face. The next second Bryan is trying to stay balanced on the edge but fails as he enters the pool with a splash.

Marc and Daniel laugh at the scene and I couldn't help but to join too.

"You..." Bryan resurfaces as he glares at Marc who was entering the pool once again on the other side.
"Oh no no no... you're not gonna get away with this one" An evil grin appears on his face as he swims towards his direction.

Marc pales for a second as he watches the consequences for his actions meet up with him.

Let's just say there was a lot of splashing and calling for help from Marc's end as he tried to get away from Bryan which made Daniel and I laugh the more.

*

Around evening time I noticed white fairy lights being hung up in specific places around the house; the pool area at the back where the open floor kitchen was located and the trees around there. Even the living room had fairy lights hung up already.

I had a feeling I knew what's going on but I wasn't so sure as I passed by two people looking at cloth materials and colors to be used in decoration.

"What's going on?" I asked with a raspy voice as it's the first thing I've said since I woke up.

I had slept off at some point in my room after I came back from the pool, now it's late in the evening and I have no idea what's going on.

"Preparations for the party" One of them responded.

"Uh... what party?" I asked again.

They both looked at me like I had grown two heads.

"It's happening next tomorrow, A family gathering or something to celebrate" The other replied.

"Oh" I say not sure of how I feel after I hear the word family.

"What's the occasion" the first guy asked the other.

"I'm not sure"

I leave them to go find Daniel but I get a phone call from an unknown number... that's been calling me since the court hearing. I haven't answered it because I think it's a random stalker or a fan or paparazzi even. The possibilities are endless. I decide to answer it just to get it over with.

"Who's this and how'd you get my number?" I asked in a bored tone.

"Finally, I knew you're smart enough to answer at some point" a gruffly man's voice came from the other end.

"Who are you and what do you want?" I ask a bit annoyed.

"Let's forget about my identity for now and It's not about what I want Blake... it's about what you need" He replies.

"What could I possibly want from you?" I scoffed.

He let out a gruffly laugh before saying,

"It seems like I may have overestimated your intelligence" he says.

"Cut to the chase dude, I don't have time to waste" I roll my eyes even if I knew he couldn't see me... I hope.

"Your mother" he replied and I freeze for a second.

"What are you talking about?" I ask a bit surprised anyone would talk about my mom.

"You don't want to know about your mom?" He asked.

"She's dead what else is there to know about her?" I ask already bored of the conversation.

"Is that what he told you?" He lets out a gruffly laugh that's really getting annoying right now.

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"Peterson never seize to amaze me at the things he does to cover his tracks" He says.

"I don't understand" I replied getting confused even more.

"I'm sure you should know your father all too well already by now" He replies.

"You aren't making any sense with beating around the bush just spit it out already" I said with annoyance laced in my voice.

"Sometimes Papa doesn't always tell the truth"

FIND THIS CHAPTER INTERESTING?
LIKE AND COMMENT

What do you guys think of this chapter and the revelations we just uncovered?
What do you think will happen next?

Wait... 1 more ch left then this book is over 🥺
*does the peace sign in front of the mirror to check if I still look good in the middle of my crying session*

But when you look back at some certain lines and events that's happened so far in this book you realize that "Sometimes *Author* doesn't always tell the truth" 🙂

ok so repeat after me, "Shirtless Bryan on a hot sunny day with his hair let down and the wind blowing it in his face while he pushes it to the side unintentionally flexing his muscles and abs is a hot Bryan" 😂 😅

I'll see y'all in the final chapter 👋 🥺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.6K 2.9K 32
ROMANCE Clark, an eclectic bookstore owner, is choosing to take up some night classes to brush up on his Spanish in the hope it will broaden his hori...
3.2M 121K 49
*** COMPLETED *** Sixteen year old Daniel Layman has been bullied since he came out. His best friend and protector Sean, moved to Los Angeles leaving...
774K 42.9K 47
*COMPLETED* During his AP Biology class, Alan is presented with an unexpected request: a talking bullfrog is desperately asking him for a kiss. To hi...
1.8M 115K 39
*COMPLETED* (27.12.2020) "What about you?" Parker asked. "I don't think I'm capable of love," I answered. "Did you get your heart broken?" He smirke...