Alone |Seungjin

By Leemayno

"I like boys." The word "Alone" can suggest different things, 1: feeling alone 2: being alone 3: being alone... More

Prologue: Chapter 0
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Chapter 6

83 3 0
By Leemayno

Seungmin stood anxious, any movement caused his head to snap in anticipation. His foot began to pad at the ground and his fingers tapped at his palm continuously.

Just as the brunette began to convince himself his friends weren't coming, he heard his name being shouted in two distinct pitches.

"Where were you guys?! They could have left you behind if I didn't tell them to wait longer." with a huff Seungmin shouted, his friends finally came to a stop, their breaths uneven and the glistening of their foreheads offering that the sun was gonna be a bit harsh today. They held their bags high, showing to Seungmin the luggage before saying in unison.

"We forgot to pack last night."

Seungmin brought his palm to his face and slapped it down on his forehead aggressively, groaning at his own actions and just the simple fact his friends don't plan ahead at all. It was concerning sometimes.

"Whatever, just get in the bus," Seungmin said sternly with a short eye roll, pointing his finger in the direction of the entrance of the bus. They all made movement to get into the large vehicle, putting their stuff where asked and taking seats while ignoring all the agitated comments coming their way.

Oddly enough Felix sat down with Changbin, a big shock to the two others sharing a surprised look. Just the other day Felix was telling Jisung how weird Changbin acted and the rude actions he made towards him and now he's sitting happily next to him. It's baffling. But as weird as it was the two shook it off, noting in their minds that they eventually need to have a conversation about this specific topic and making their way to get a seat together. Jisung starting the process of connecting his headphones to his device.

"Hey, Jisung! Wanna sit with me?" a voice shouted from further back in the bus, taking the attention from the called male to make eye contact and softly smile at one another. Seungmin, being already sat down, couldn't see who Jisung was looking at which raised a natural curiosity within him but he didn't have the energy to ask or care that much for that matter.

"Yeah, I'll be right there," Jisung exclaimed back, turning his attention back to Seungmin who looked at him curiously. "I'm gonna go sit with Minho, is that okay?" Jisung asked softly.

"Yeah that's fine, I like sitting alone anyways," Seungmin said, a subtle smile making its way to his face in a convincing attempt to hide his own selfishness. He did not want that bright smile to falter. Though he lied about liking sitting alone, he didn't want his friend to feel guilty, he looked so happy and he didn't want to be the reason that glee disappeared. It's been a while since he's seen him that excited.

"Alright, everyone! Take your seats!" The teacher whom sat at the front of the bus shouted to gain the student's attention, the bus quieting down as people, including Jisung, went to their spots, grabbing their blankets and earphones for the long car ride ahead.

Seungmin used the empty seat next to him to place his things, grabbing the items he needed at the moment and leaving the ones he didn't need in place, his earbuds being placed into his ears delicately before he went to lean against the window.

It was early in the morning yet the sun shown down hard, the rays making themselves known with the heat they generated. The trees brushing their leaves together softly with the muted sound of machinery sounding through the glass barrier between Seungmin and the outside world.

Just as Seungmin relaxed his body, shut his eyes to try and get sleep through the about to be boringly long car ride, a loud bonk sounded near his window, the bus slamming on its brakes with a loud squeak and surprised gasps.

The rough and not to mention, sudden halt jolted the entirety of the bus, every student lifting their rested heads or turning their attention to the front (with the assumption that they stopped for something in front of them) of the lengthy vehicle to possibly get a glimpse of what was stopped for.

Seungmin's racing heart slowed as his eyes darted around the bus, his index finger slowly rising up to push his fallen glasses back up to the bridge of his nose before sifting his hand through his messy locks of hair. A head of light pink hair suddenly ran up to the bus, stepping in with several small bows and what Seungmin made out as "thank you's"

Once the pink-haired male turned to the back of the bus Seungmin immediately knew who it was, the face that was frustratingly handsome. Hwang Hyunjin.

In all honesty, if Jisung didn't talk about Minho all the time Seungmin probably wouldn't have remembered the latters name, it was almost bothersome that he remembers his name so well. Subconsciously, Seungmin watched Hyunjin put his luggage away, coming to the realization that Hyunjin was planning to sit next to him when the taller frame stood near the seats for two, one being currently empty.

Seungmin jumped in place once he shook himself back into existence, startled by the mischievous smile and giant beanpole standing in place, not saying a word. I mean, who wouldn't be startled by that? "May I help you?" Seungmin asked, his sudden irritation coming out through his tone of voice.

"Can I sit here?"

"No,"

"Why not?"

"Because someone is sitting there."

"Oh really? Someone else named Seungmin?" Hyunjin replied with a somewhat snarky tone, pointing down at Seungmin's airpod case that had his name fonted on it. Seungmin's eyes followed the pointed finger to his earbud case, silently cursing Felix out for getting him that as if he already predicted this crisis years ago.

"That's not mine,"

"Sure it isn't,"

Before Seungmin could proceed to argue the teacher once again instructed for students to sit down if not already. Hyunjin took this as his chance to swipe Seungmin's things into the owner's lap, placing his own weight onto the empty seat whilst simply ignoring the sharp glare he was receiving from his right-hand side.

Seungmin was trying his best not to smash his head into the glass of the window, hating everything about the situation he was in. The last thing he wanted was to sit next to Hyunjin for hours on end, being teased and annoyed because he had the slightest of feeling that that was going to be the case in little to no time.

With a loud scoff, Seungmin shoved his glasses to his face and proceeded to admire the outside environment, resuming his music and trying hard to relax by pressing his head against the hard surface of the window. Within seconds, his arm was being poked repeatedly.

After an obviously agitated groan, Seungmin pulled out his earbud and snapped his head toward Hyunjin, his face showing anything but a pleased expression. "Whatcha listening to?" Hyunjin pressed childishly, knowingly upsetting the brunette.

"Why does it matter to you? Just leave me alone, I think it's pretty obvious I don't wanna talk to you." Seungmin spat truthfully, earning a small eye roll from the one sitting next to him, but going unnoticed because of the slight turn of his head.

"Sheesh, the cute one is a bitch." Hyunjin mumbled under his breath with a short eyebrow raise and a glance to Changbin and what he made out as Felix, his fingers opening his phone with a few taps at the screen, completely ignoring Seungmin whom looked like he was about to kill someone.

"Excuse me?" Seungmin snapped, his blood beginning to simmer as his gaze only grew more infuriated the more he stared at the silky skin of the other.

Seungmin opened his mouth to thoroughly speak his mind but before a breath could even escape a hand was slapped over his mouth. His breath hitched and his eyes widened, his body freezing in place in an awkward position but that was the last thing he was thinking about in this moment.

Heat began to rise to his cheeks, embarrassment taking over him while Hyunjin proceeded to giggle to himself. "You good now?" Hyunjin asked in amusement, a grin coming into view when Seungmin franticly removed Hyunjin's hand from the warm place on his face and turned to the window, air hitting his skin in a cold manner from the heat Hyunjin's hand stimulated and just from the second-hand embarrassment he got from the knowingly watching eyes around him. Coming to the realization that he was totally losing his crap in front of people that go to his church which wasn't very good for his "priest's son" title.

Gosh, the air conditioning is not air conditioning.

Seungmin locked his gaze on the outside world, pressing his lips together firmly while thinking of anything but what just happened, willingly giving Hyunjin the satisfaction of causing his flustered state by hiding his face to the window and lightly fanning at his heated face.

"You're too easy to mess with and I love it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 369 39
Give Him A Chance. ~ this is a short love story about two guys. one named bahngchan and the other seungmin, now seungmin is a drunk/pot head who jus...
18.3K 1K 38
COMPLETED -choosing the cheaterㅣstray kids- _____________ It had never been Hyunjin's intention to sleep with a stranger at a party. He had to admit...
4.1K 127 16
|His high adulation makes me feel cloud nine really exists in this world. But I can never bring myself to accept it| ✧˚ ༘ ⋆。♡˚ Seungmin doesn't belie...
97.5K 3.9K 23
Seungmin is straight and doesn't like boys. Or at least it's what he thinks.. Hyunjin is gay and likes boys, more specifically Seungmin. What happens...