The Red of the Writing

By StarSpeckledSkies

Three women, who have never met. Three secrets, never meant to be known. Unfortunately, it doesn't stay that... More

Author's Note & Epigraph
One | Rani
Two | Maliha
Three | Rija
Four | Rani
Five | Maliha
Six | Rija
Seven | Rani
Eight | Maliha
Nine | Rija
Author's Note
Ten | Rani
Eleven | Maliha
Twelve | Rija

Author's Note

26 2 9
By StarSpeckledSkies

Hello! Firstly, I just want to thank anybody that's reading this for being here. Your interest in my story really means a lot to me! <3

Unfortunately, I did not make the qualifying list for Round One. I've checked and rechecked multiple times. I'm not going to lie - I'm pretty bummed out about that. I made the word count goal with plenty to spare, and I submitted the form on time, so I guess my storytelling was just not up to their bar. There's always next year, though!

Congratulations to all the people that did make it, though! I saw some incredible stories up there that 100% deserved to be on that list. Go check them out! 

Special shout out to @EverythingsNothing - their story did make the qualifying list! Your constant support really kept me going on some of my bad days.

Regardless, I will keep updating this story and trying to make the 20,000-word goal by the end of the competition. However, updates may be slower, and I might not completely finish the novella by the end of ONC, due to numerous other priorities I have. One does not just make a five on AP tests without studying, after all.

I'm looking forward to wherever Rani, Maliha, and Rija's adventures will take them next! I hope you are too! :)

See you in the next chapter (which will be up later today or tomorrow)!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.2K 1.3K 39
As long as people believed that there was a division between the Gifted and the non-Gifted, that one was superior to the other, I wasn't done. As lon...
247K 12.3K 103
"You're playing with fire Safania." "Good thing I don't burn." The last words he spoke before throwing me onto my bed sounded like a threat, but felt...
313 94 15
ONC 2024 LONGLISTER SIEGE /siːdʒ/ a military operation in which enemy forces surround a town or building, cutting off essential supplies, with the ai...
606 13 55
In a world full of lies and secrets, Hilda, a princess, comes of age. Through the darkness of being told who she should marry, she falls in love for...