Bluejay (A Rainbow Six Siege...

By Ilenect

Ian was just a normal recruit, trying his best to become an operator. This is his story. Notice: I only own O... More

1: Ground Zero
2: Report
3: Nighthaven
4: Messages
5: Heist
6: New Allies, New Enemies, and War Crimes
8: Good Morning Revival
9: Failed Kidnapping
10: Inevitable
11: Montreal
Book 2 Announcement

7: Bonding

176 2 0
By Ilenect

"... CEO of Twitter has said that he has full confidence in the company and it's employees, and does not plan on making changes any time soon. It is currently a beautiful Saturday, June 10th here in London and it is 9:15 AM. We have an update on what we are deeming 'The Great UK Heist'. Forgive the name, we just don't have anything better to call it currently. David Shepherd, a former general of the United States Army, has claimed that the three arrested are part of his mercenary group, Shadow Company, and he will be asking for their release soon. He claims what they did was legal, and that they are illegally being held. The United Nations will deliberate on whether or not to release the three come this week."

Location: Hereford Air Base (Herefordshire, United Kingdom)
POV: Ian "Bluejay" Zlydaszyk

I was jogging around the indoor track in the gym, just enjoying some music. I had some cheap earbuds in, but they did the job. You really thought I was the asshole who blasted music to everyone, huh? Well, I'm not... thankfully. I had been jogging for about 10 minutes when I felt my phone buzz. I stepped off to the side and checked it, it was a message from Lion.

You still holding that party tonight?

I smiled a bit, knowing that he remembered. I had only invited a few people, those who I were close with. Lion, Dokkaebi, Thunderbird, Hibana, Mozzie, Maverick, and Castle. I hope tonight didn't completely suck. I quickly texted back after a moment of thinking.

Yeah. Will I see you there tonight?

I put my phone away and stretched my arms a small amount before someone tapped me from behind. I jumped a little bit and turned to see Thunderbird and Hibana, both of them giggling. 

Thunderbird: "Scared you!"

She said it in a childish manner, causing me to chuckle as I took out one of my earbuds.

"Yes yes... what's up you two?"

Hibana: "We just wanted to see if you needed us to bring anything to the party tonight."

Thunderbird: "We're wiling to bring anything."

"Ehm... I'm ordering food for us later so maybe just drinks?"

They both nodded and Hibana left, but Thunderbird stayed. I had pulled out my phone to respond to Lion, who said that both him and Dokkaebi would be there. I glanced up at her, confused.

"You need something?"

Thunderbird: "Huh? No."

She looked around, looking for Hibana. She had definitely zoned out when Hibana left.

Thunderbird: "She left?"

"Yeah. A bit ago."

Thunderbird: "Oh..."

She looked at her feet, as if disappointed. I sighed and put my phone away.

"... come on. We'll go find her." 

Her face lit up, smiling. I began to leave the gym, her quickly following. I dug in my pocket and pulled out a piece of gum and put it in my mouth, beginning to chew it. 

Thunderbird: "Hey do you have an extra piece?

"Yeah, here."

I took out another piece of gum and handed it to her. She quickly put it in her mouth and smiled. Hibana was in the mess hall, and I saw her as soon as we walked in. Thunderbird quickly ran over to her, and Hibana nodded at me as if to thank me. I nodded back and left the room, I needed to continue my cardio. I had been slacking on it, I was turning into Monty with how little I could run.

POV: Yumiko "Hibana" Imagawa

Thunderbird sat next to me after Bluejay left, and I chuckled as I looked at her.

"Just admit it Mina, you like him."

Thunderbird: "I have no idea what you are talking about."

She turned as red as a tomato, so I could tell she was bullshitting.

"Uh huh. Why do you like him?"

Thunderbird: "I don't like him!"

"Not like that, as a friend."

Thunderbird: "Oh... well it's just that he's nice to me and I like the fact that he's a lone wolf-"

"You're the opposite of him in that aspect."

Thunderbird: "I know, and opposites attract!"

"So you admit that you want to get in a relationship with him."

Thunderbird: "N-No!"

"Right..."

She looked around frantically, as if to try to find something to change the conversation. 

"If you want to, we don't have to talk about this anymore. However, I do want to say one thing about this."

She sighed and looked at me.

Thunderbird: "What is it?"

I leaned forward, putting on my best mom voice.

"Not saying that you do like him like that, but if you do, you can't be afraid to ask him. Men are oblivious as shit. You'll probably have to make first move."

She thought about this for a second before nodding. She would have to build some confidence, but I'm sure she has it in her.

POV: Mina "Thunderbird" Sky

I definitely do not have it in me to ask him out... if I want to.

POV: Ian "Bluejay" Zlydaszyk

I had responded to Lion, confirming that he will indeed have a spot at this party. Apparently, when he went to a party when he was younger (that he was invited to), he had to "reserve" his spot (he didn't know about this) and he couldn't get in. Left a sour taste in his mouth, and he has to verify to every party he goes to now. I mean, I understand, but there is a point where I think he could get over it. I don't know, I'm just saying this from how I see it.

Anyways, I was in my dorm currently. Everyone was scheduled to arrive around 7, I checked the time on my phone and saw that it was 4 PM. Damn, I had spent a while in the gym. I decided to quickly step into the shower, since I did have plenty of time. I scrubbed myself clean quite fast, and before I knew it, it was another edition of "What the fuck will Ian think now?"

Well, today I was thinking about the fact that General Shepherd is real. Yes, I played MW2. Both of them. I remember the first time I got cussed out by a 9 year old on 360 game chat, good times. Anyways, I have heard people say that most pieces of fiction have a grain of truth in it. Ranging from video games, to movies, to people writing fanfictions about Rainbow Six Siege because they suck at doing everything else (hell I suck at this too), there is a truth somewhere in each thing. Either by basing a character off of someone they know, off of an event that was happening, or ripping off another thing that they read about that was true for the original writer, it happens. In this case... they really based General Shepherd off of a real general. I mean, it makes sense: both US Army Generals at some point, both lead a group called the Shadow Company, both named fucking Shepherd, it all makes sense. Maybe I'm just looking too far into it... or maybe the author is just trying to give the chapter more content and continues to write out my thoughts just like so.

Charlie: "Ay fucker, don't sell me out!"

It isn't like anyone is going to read this anyways. If someone does... hi! I'll give you a cookie within the next 2 million years, what would you like?

I stepped out of the shower and dried off. I slipped on some clothes, being a black t-shirt and some shorts before I stepped out of my bathroom, wandering to my kitchen and grabbing.. you guessed it, a RC Cola. I sat on my couch and booted up my Xbox, sipping the cola I had just grabbed. I checked the time, it was 4:20 PM. Nice. I loaded up Black Ops II and decided to play some Zombies. I looked through the map list and decided to play some Mob of the Dead. No particular reason, I just felt like it (except it's the best zombies map ever created in my opinion).

A Couple Hours Later... (6:35 PM)

Yeah I didn't get far. I had got to round 9 before I went down, so I immediately rage quit and turned on some YouTube. I had nearly passed out when my 6:30 alarm went off, so I began ordering the food, which was just gonna be pizza and wings, when there was a knock on my door..

Knock knock knock. Pause. Knock knock knock. Pause. Knock knock knock.

I stood up and opened the door to see Lion and Dokkaebi standing there, smiling.

"I didn't know I invited Sheldon Cooper."

Dokkaebi: "Thank you for knowing that! Some people around here don't."

She glared at Lion, which got me to laugh.

"Okay but back on topic, you two, the lovely couple that is, have earned the couch. If you want, you can have another sit with you, but as far as it is concerned, you are the sole owners of the couch for tonight."

Lion: "Let's go. Thanks dude."

They stepped in and I closed the door behind them, they immediately took the couch. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a cola.

"Damn.. my final one."

I sipped it and stepped over to a chair, Thatcher let me lend some metal chairs and put them in my room for tonight. I sat in the one closest to the door and looked at my phone.

"The controller is on the couch, the tele is all yours."

Lion: "Aye, fine by me."

Dokkaebi took the controller and put on some random video. With time, most of the other people had shown up except for Hibana and Thunderbird. I was looking at my phone, just waiting for the time to pass, when a knock on the door again. I got up to open it when it just opened on it's own, who else but Hibana to walk in, followed by Thunderbird carrying drinks.

"Why are you making Mina carry all of the drinks?"

I walked over and took some of the drinks, Thunderbird giving a relieved smile.

Hibana: "Doc said she needed to get some strength back."

"Yeah well this is just a dick move..."

Hibana shrugged and closed the door, sitting in a chair. Thunderbird and I dropped off the drinks and she sat in a chair, me just realizing there are no more chairs left. Thunderbird realized this and immediately stood.

Thunderbird: "D-Do you want this?"

"Sit down Mina... you need the chair."

She slowly nodded and sat back down. Let the party begin, fuckers.

-

Well, all in all, the party was a success. Lots of chats about what had happened recently, predicting which relationships will happen soon (lots of people said Buck and Caveira... I don't know if I can see that), and we saw Dokkaebi rage at Rainbow Six Siege. Good times.

Charlie: "Hi! Author here, if you want to see a bonus chapter about the party, feel free to let me know. This chapter is getting long enough and I don't believe it's important to the story."

Some people had left (Mozzie, Maverick, Castle), while others planned on staying the night (Lion, Dokkaebi). I was laying in my bed and sighed before I stood and stretched. 

Hibana: "Hey we're gonna leave."

Hibana had stood, Thunderbird still remained seated.

Hibana: "Come on Mina..."

Thunderbird: "I no wanna."

Hibana sighed as I walked over and pat Thunderbird's back. She looked up at me before she stood.

Hibana: "Let's go Mina, your bed is waiting for you."

Thunderbird quickly gave me a hug and left with Hibana. I just stood there, a bit dumbfounded. Lion laughed, with Dokkaebi speaking up.

Dokkaebi: "Ooooo she likes youuuuuuu-"

"Yes I realize that."

Lion: "Are you going to do anything with this information?"

"I will. Not yet but I will."

They looked at me in confusion as I laid back down in my bed.

Dokkaebi: "Not yet? Why?"

"It's not the right time for it."

Lion: "What are you planning?"

"... you'll see."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.2K 183 29
You were on a mission. You had finally found the man that killed your family in front of you. He tortured you all your life. You escaped when you wer...
9.2K 58 17
After thrown away to the Military at the age of 6, (Y/N) must hand-fisted his way to become a soldier and also, a survivor of world war between White...
6.6K 137 18
A marsoc Raider is recruited to rainbow after a show of bravery in the hills of eastern Estonia
24.2K 169 19
A Navy Seal Marksman is recruited by Rainbow after being recommended by both Blackbeard and Valkyrie. He is one of the best operators in his field a...