The Prestige Club (TPC)# 2: I...

By Beyondtheclosedeyes

"I am fine" - said everyone who is not fine at all Ehan Usman is a world-renowned trauma surgeon. Why he cho... More

Preface
Characters Inspiration
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
Epilogue
Book three

8

94 18 2
By Beyondtheclosedeyes

Her body was aching.

She didn't just feel a simple ache it felt like she was on fire. She could scream in pain right now as she was gaining consciousness, however, her throat felt sore. It was an impossible task to get her eyes to work properly and to get her ear to work. Because she couldn't even hear a sound.

Her brain didn't allow her to relax even when she tried hard. Because she was taken back to the basement and she can smell that disgusting smell that she rinses every time she is in the shower. That scent was attached to her body even after all these years and she knows that when she opens her eyes today, she will be beaten to death.

Because she wasn't allowed to black out during her punishment and her punishment was for life. She can hear only the sound of her harsh breathing and her beating heart as the panic sets in. She cannot even show those emotions, however, the beeping was unbearable as she felt someone holding onto her hands and pressing on her. The more they hold her down the harder she fights. She knows it was a losing battle. She will never escape this prison. No one will ever care for her enough to take her away.

She blacks out.

Later when she gain consciousness her body was sore now. Maybe she had healed enough to go through another round of beatings. She inhales sharply and frown when the chemicals are all she can smell. That basement can and will never smell like that.

She willed her eyes to open to face whatever she was supposed to face. She didn't expect the pair of eyes gazing at her. She didn't expect the softness to appear in them. She didn't even register it was his eyes for a long time because of the haze in her brain.

"Hi". He whispers as he moves back, "I was just leaning over to see if you will panic again".

His explanation made no sense. What was he talking about and what is going on? Where is she? Why is he here?

There were so many questions and the headache was killing her.

"One at a time". He spoke as if he read her mind, "I know you are confused. But, you need to relax and not think. Let the doctor look at you and I will explain everything, ok?"

She nodded, unsure, because why was he so nice to her? She looks around the VIP room she was in and for sure she can never afford this. Then she looks at herself to find that her hand was wrapped in gauze and it hurts. She felt the burning in her chest and her stomach was acting up.

Her throat wasn't working. She understands that things happened. Just that her mind was blocking whatever trauma she went through. Her body was explaining enough of it. She was a doctor and she knows she looks bad. She knows exactly what trauma and after-trauma bodies look like.

At least she wasn't stuck in the basement. She continues the minutes as the doctor explains that she was in a coma for 3 days and under heavy medication because each time she was conscious she had a severe panic attack that leads to harming herself.

She had a twisted muscle in her arm that will take a week or two to heal. Her throat was patched and due to the screaming she did, it will take another week to heal and she shouldn't use her voice. As for her chest that inhales the dust, it is still in better shape and will be fine after a few doses of antibiotics. She shouldn't eat heavy foods and only eat light food.

As if she ever eats anything.

She closed her eyes after the doctor was out the door. She leans into the soft pillow trying to calm down. She was failing miserably. She wanted to leave this hospital. It only makes her feel lonely. She was desperate for some care and she knows she shouldn't be asking for it. She blinks the tears away when she hears the door opening again.

She turns to find Ehaan standing by her side. She wanted to ask him why he was there? Was he going to mock her for not working or scream at her that because of her now everyone will work extra?

She couldn't take it. She knows her limit and right now her body is close to breaking down. That is why she needs to be alone. Even if a few panic attacks and good cries will allow her to be back to normal (as normal as she can be), she needs that.

She tilts her head to indicate that he needs to start talking.

"I found you". She frowns at his words as he starts to explain the story

Then it clicks.

She was pranked into going to that place and then she was locked there for hours. She bites her lips to keep her emotions at bay.

She just nodded when he was done.

"That's all?" He asked, confused, "You will not ask what actions we took against those who did you wrong? Or scream at us?"

That's new. Why will anyone hurt anyone because she was hurt? She was genuinely starting to think he is pranking her right now. It wouldn't surprise her. She just needs to be done with it.

So, she didn't reply to him. Instead, she turns her head to look out of the window. Once he leaves, she will cry or whatever. She took a few deep breaths and winced when the pain registered in her chest.

"What? What's wrong?" He asked, and his voice sounded concerned as he leans over her

She turned her head and his face was merely a few inches away. She heard his sharp inhale over her erratic heartbeat.

She could see how clear his eyes were. It was just that her heart decided it needed to beat extra harder and the machine went crazy that was attached to her.

She places a hand over his chest and moves him back. A cough broke out of her that turns into a full-blown cough. She tried to breathe but her eyes started to water and it was getting difficult especially with the condition her lungs were in.

He held a piece of candy for her and she immediately takes it. It took a couple of more minutes before she was able to breathe again.

"They are not here anymore". Her head snapped at his words, "The nurses who hurt you". He spoke softly letting her absorb his words, "They are not here anymore to hurt you. You will never see them again".

What is he talking about? What did he do to them? There was no need to hurt anyone for her. She didn't care about revenge or things like that. Everyone hurts her at the end she was used to it.

She turned around to the side table where the doctor left her a paper and pen.

"You shouldn't have done that. It was not worth it".

She wrote and he read it out loud. The anger was visible as he read her words so she added, "We are short-staffed. They didn't harm the hospital in any way. It was just a stupid prank".

"Is this a joke to you?" He asked bewildered, "You think that risking your safety and going home to enjoy their lives was just a prank?"

She nodded.

She saw his jaw clenching and she held her breath scared.

He looks at her and sighs, "I won't hurt you, Ziva". He placed a hand over his head, "I just can't understand you". Then he added, "I am not going to risk your-". He clears his throat, "-my staff's safety in any way and I do not tolerate such behavior in this place".

She sighs.

She was exhausted by this discussion. She wants to be left alone. It's already 11 pm so there is no need for his presence here. She doesn't know why he is here. She was sure no one wanted to be here.

"Uncle Kabir and Romaisa were worried sick about you".

She nodded nonchalantly.

"There is something else". He said and he looks nervous for once, "Look you have to promise me that you won't kill me".

She narrows her eyes at him.

"I might've done something". He hesitated, "I told Kabir's uncle that we are engaged".

She gasps, "W-eh-". She starts to cough again

He hands her another candy as she takes a few minutes.

She looks at him with wide eyes.

"Another thing is that we are getting married soon".

She might just pass out again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

572K 24.4K 38
Book #2 of the "Falling" book series Warning: Mature (18+) Content! #2 in Graphic 2022 #1 in Sexualtension 2023 #1 in Wealthy 2022 #1 in Therapy 2022...
53.8K 1.5K 42
She had her own apartment, her own job, and her own life. Nothing to drag her down. Everything was perfect. Her abusive parents weren't in the pictur...
22K 1.1K 48
This new sensual feeling made him excited like a horse that was aggressively running to win the race. He was still consumed by the alcohol, the rain...
992K 8K 13
Book 3rd In Second Generation Series ~NEIL KHANNA, CO-CEO of the K.K corporation with Arjun Kashyap (The BEAST) is a 28 year old hottest business tyc...