(COMPLETED)He Was, She Was [A...

By smolathenabug

"Falling in love is for chumps," Kathryn snorted. Ally started giggling, and she looked her way. "What? What'... More

chapter one// catastrophic//l.h.
Chapter Two: Guilty
Chapter Three: Le Pranks
Chapter Four: [Untitled]
Chapter Six: Violent
Chapter Seven: Lance Rodriguez
Chapter Eight: Personal Bubble
Chapter Nine: Dilemma
Chapter Ten: The Past Few Weeks Be Like
Chapter Eleven: Code Aquamarine
Chapter Twelve: I Can Read Lips Like A Boss
Chapter Thirteen: "Love"
Chapter Fourteen: Ketchup
Chapter Fifteen: Periods
Chapter Sixteen: Grumpy Cat
Chapter Seventeen: "This Teenage Love"
Chapter Eighteen: Twenty Questions
Chapter Nineteen: The Date Chronicles
Chapter Twenty: The Date Chronicles
Chapter Twenty One: The Date Chronicles
Chapter Twenty Two: The Date Chronicles
Chapter Twenty Three: The Date Chronicles
Chapter Twenty Four: M'Lady
Chapter Twenty Five: Trust
Chapter Twenty Six: Feisty
Chapter Twenty Seven: Drama 101
Chapter Twenty Eight: "Food and Sleep" Love
Chapter Twenty Nine: Teenagers
Chapter Thirty: Single Pringle
Chapter Thirty One:Dirty Little Pervert
Chapter Thirty Two: That Manly Smell
Chapter Thirty Three: Denial
Chapter Thirty Four: Rock Her To Sleep
Chapter Thirty Five: Thunder
Chapter Thirty Six: Giggle-Resistant
Chapter Thirty Seven: Keek
Chapter Thirty Eight: [Untitled]
Chapter Thirty Nine: #AskLanRyn
Chapter Forty One: Boy Territory
Chapter Forty Two: Ours
Chapter Forty Three: The Nasty
Chapter Forty Four: Lovebite
Chapter Forty Five: Spongebob Squarepants
Chapter Forty Six: Real Talk
Chapter Forty Seven: [Untitled]
Chapter Forty Eight: Piercings
Chapter Forty Nine: Dezmond
Chapter Fifty: Then Die.
Chapter Fifty One: Sunshine
Chapter Fifty Two: Bradley Simpson
Chapter Fifty Three: [Untitled]
Chapter Fifty Four: Grasshopper
Chapter Fifty Five: Mario Kart
Chapter Fifty Six: Bagged Milk
Chapter Fifty Seven: Mushy
Chapter Fifty Eight: Whipped
Chapter Fifty Nine: Nightlight
Chapter Sixty: Keek (2)
Chapter Sixty One: Photographs
Chapter Sixty Two: Peacock
Chapter Sixty Three: Cactus
Chapter Sixty Four: Ellen
Chapter Sixty Five: Sharktato
Chapter Sixty Six: Oprah
Chapter Sixty Seven: Home
Chapter Sixty Eight: Tough Love
Chapter Sixty Nine: Water Balloons
Chapter Seventy: Gentlemen
Chapter Seventy One: Keek (3)
Chapter Seventy Two: Connor Ball
Chapter Seventy Three: The Third
Chapter Seventy Four: What I Like About You
Chapter Seventy Five: Here To Teenage Memories
Catastrophic// l.h.

Chapter Five: Hobo

6.8K 123 57
By smolathenabug

So here's what happened in the past week:

Due to the 'finding out' drama, and Austin promising to keep the secret, they had to run around, burning the evidence of Kathryn being that Kathryn Rodriguez. It included several times of burning and chucking posters, ripping it off of walls, disconnecting the wifi to Ally's house and hacking into the wifi connection of Sonic Boom (something Kathryn actually complimented Austin about.), and at times even replacing the remote batteries with empty ones so they couldn't turn the TV on and suddenly spot her on the news.

But they were trying to get along, atleast.

-------

"Okay Kath," He said, wiping the ice cream off his cheek. I looked at him. "Full name?"

"Kathryn Mikaela Valiente Rodriguez," I answered. He raised an eyebrow at me. "Are you Spanish?"

"Half. Like Trish. I'm half Spanish and Half American,"

"Favorite Movie?"

"When In Rome," I smiled.

"Favorite Cartoon Character?"

"Kerokeropi." I said nonchalantly and he stared at me, giving me this 'wtf' face. "What?"

"Kerokeropi? Like that green over grown frog that Cartoon Network used to show as a kids' show on Sundays at eight in the morning?" Austin asked me disbelievingly. I gave him the 'duh.' look. "Yes, got a problem with that?"

"I'll try to say no," he said, putting his hands up in defense. "Moving on. Favorite Animal?"

"Hello Kitty."

"Hello Kitty isn't an animal."

"Excuse me, good sir. But it is a kitty. So it counts."

"No it does not!"

"It so does!" I argued back, holding in my laughs. "So you're questioning my life decisions now?"

---

He's still an annoying little troll, to her, though.

"Your face is literally almost all over Miami," Austin said. "I swear it's like my nightmare come to life to mock me."

"Shut up, please, and start the fire," Kathryn said sarcastically. He rolled his eyes, stroke the match and threw it into the trash bin that contained posters. They both sat back on the grass, leaning on their palms. Suddenly Kathryn laid down, muttering, "That's it, I completely give up."

"You what?"

"It's gotten too difficult and it makes me wanna cry," Kathryn started to whine, acting like a child, and fake crying. Austin grabbed her by the shoulders, and pulled her up so she sat up. He shook her. "PUT YOURSELF TOGETHER WOMAN"

"YOU ARE CONCEITED, AND YOU ARE AN EXPERT LIAR," he said. "WE CAN DO THIS"

Kathryn shoved her hand into his face. "I feel so much better now, you ass. Thank you."

Then it hit her.

She was lying. To Ally. To Trish. To Dez even though he was at a mental institute for about a week now.

"I am a horrible person," she said, watching the fire. "I've ditched my fans. I've been lying to Ally."

"Also you sucked me into your void of darkness and perfected me in the art of lying to everyone," Austin added. She shot him a look, and he put his hands up in defense. "But you'll get through this, alright? Even if you are annoying."

She almost smiled. "You literally cannot give me a decent piece of advice without complimenting me."

"Okay, let's go over this again." Ally said, talking to the customer that had a triangle (the instrument not the shape. wait I just realized it is both an instrument and a shape, so this note turned out to be completely useless.). "You take the part thatisn't a triangle and hit the part that is a triangle. Got it?" She sweetly smiled.

Austin and Kathryn were watching her from the stairs, and they were trying not to laugh so hard. They had just come from the practice room after (successfully) hacking into the Internet connection of the Mall and changing the passwords. It's so obvious Ally's about to break. "Okay that's it, get out." Ally said.

"But I need you to teach me how to-" Ally cut him off.

"Lookie here, pal, you bought the triangle, and it's not my problem if you play it in a horribly wrong manner and somehow manage to destroy the earth and upset the entire universe. You tipping the balance of the universe is notmy problem. So get out." Ally managed to say, even with the sweetest smile ever on her face.

The customer looked offended. "But-"

"NO BUTS. OUT. NOW." She said in an orderly manner, pointing to the door. The customer dropped his head and walked out. Austin and Kathryn looked at eachother, before bursting into fits of laughs, then they came down the stairs.

"Ally? What you did back there was really impressive, but bad." Austin said.

"What? No it was not. I just damaged his ego, that's all." Ally shrugged as if it wasn't such a big deal.

"Basically you're a fire-breathing she-demon now," Austin said nonchalantly. Then he turned to Kathryn, who was trying not to smile. "I blame you."

Just then a small boy with red hair, freckles, braces and big eyeglasses walked into the store. "I'm here for my hobo lesson!" He beamed. Ally's eyes widened as she got out of the counter and walked closer to the boy. Who was holding a weird and dirty man's hand.

The hobo.

"Uh, Nelson? What are you doing here? You're lesson's on Tuesday. And it's an obo lesson, not hobo." Ally clarified. They can't believe she's being so cool about this, after that little 'fire-breathing she-demon' stunt she just pulled off awhile ago.

"oh Nard." Nelson said. "Do you know how hard it was to get him on the bus?" He pointed to the dirty man beside him. "Oh well. Let's go, Becky-" The boy turned and started to walk back out the store. Suddenly he turned around, and looked at Kathryn.

"Well hello gorgeous." The nine year-old nerd smiled and winked at her. She scrunched up my nose. Ally smiled and blushed, "Oh thank you, Nelson. I'm flattered, but you and I could never be-"

Before Ally finished her sentence, Nelson pushed past her and walked closer to Kathryn. Ally pulled on a face and rolled her eyes. "Hello, beautiful. My name's Nelson Walden. Remember the last name, because I plan on making it yours," then the boy winked at Kathryn. She pulled on a disgusted face.

Austin laughed. "You're flirting with a troll, ew."

"I will seriously punch you right in the face," Kathryn smiled through her teeth. "But not in the presence of an eight year-old child, you idjit."

She turned back to Nelson. "Uh, somebody put too much sugar in their cereal," Kathryn nervously laughed. "Sorry, Nelson. I'm too old for you-"

"Like, waaaaaaay old." Austin piped in. Se snapped her neck towards him, who was busy trying not to laugh. She gave him the "I will break you." look.

"And, dear, I also have absolutely no idea who you are."

"So what? I don't know Becky either! But still we turned out great!" Nelson defended, motioning to the hobo he brought into the store. She widened her eyes and looked back and forth on Ally and Austin, silently asking for help. But they only backed away, grinning, and obviously enjoying the situation.

"Nelson, yeah, about the hobo, uh," She scratched the back of her neck. "I, uh, have a question."

"Ofcourse I'll marry you!" Nelson said cheerily. She pulled on a terrified face.

"Carry her into the sunset," Austin suggested.

Kathryn turned to him with a sweet smile. "Hey Austin," she said.

He was still trying not to laugh. "Yeah?"

"Shut up," she ordered, still smiling.

"Uh, No, Nelson. I just wanna ask," Kath started to say. "How do you even plan on using a hobo as an instrument?"

Nelson silently laughed. "Girl, you don't wanna know." Suddenly the mood had changed, and Ally, Austin and Kathryn looked at eachother and their eyes widened, horrified. "So, I'm free this Saturday. How about you and I go out on a date?"

"You don't even know my name." She pointed out.

"Then we'll get to know eachother better. Maybe over some apple juice boxes? I'll meet you at the monkey bars around eigh-" Nelson said, until Austin suddenly stood in between of her and him. "Woah there, Nelson. You are not meeting any girl around eight. Especially not mine. I'm pretty sure your dad won't appreciate that. Don't you kids have this thing we call'bedtime'?"

Ally and Kathryn looked to eachother. Ally sent her a look, and they immediately had a silent conversation.

"Did Austin just tell Nelson you're his?"

"EW EW EW EW EW EW EW EW E-"

"That's my pet you're asking out, little man. She's a rare monkey-elephant-human hybrid, ain't no random guy just gon take this ugly creature out," Austin said, and Ally and Kathryn sighed of relief.

Nelson didn't seem to care. Instead he ignored Austin and pushed past him. Nelson leaned on the railing, trying to look cool. "Blondie's right. We'll have to reschedule. How about maybe around five?"

Kathryn put up a finger and tried to smile. "Hold that thought, d-dear." She struggled with that. THen she leaned to her side, to Austin, whispering. "I swear to god if you get me out of this, I'll buy you a Batman action figure." she whispered.

"Five." Austin said.

She shook her head. "Three."

"Four."

"Two."

"Still four," Austin said. She rolled her eyes. "Three batman action figures and two buckets of chicken."

Austin looked interested. "Nuggets, thighs, or wings?"

"Wings."

"Deal," he said, shaking hands with Kathryn, while Ally only stood in the background, shaking her head at how childish the negotiation was. Suddenly Austin pulled her away and threw an arm over her shoulders. "WOAH THERE, KID. Slow down a little. That's my woman you're asking out. Are you sure you really wanna go there?" Then Austin bent down to Nelson and gave him his own version of Ally's evil eye. That seem to be enough, because it sent Nelson running out of the store.

Kathryn and Ally were silenced and dumbfounded, once again.

But when they thought he was really gone, he came back. "Scratch that, babe. I'll take a raincheck!" Nelson yelled then ran out again.

Kathryn gasped. "Oh you don't take a raincheck on me I take a raincheck on you!" she yelled out, as if the eight year-old boy could even hear.

She turned around, pouting to Austin. "You scared my date away."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 5.5K 33
"That's not something you mess around with." I say to her and she just rolled her eyes. "It's not like he's going to fall for it anyway." S...
10.4K 314 34
she was having a hard time trusting new people but he managed to break through her walls way sooner than anticipated. tommyinnit x fem!oc
152K 7.5K 51
"I think...I might be falling for you," he admitted. "You're crazy..." I laughed. "I might be, but I'm crazy for you."
40K 935 42
Jessica Wilson and her small family suddenly moved to San Antonio. At first, she wanted nothing to do with Texas, until she met someone. She found he...