Artemis | BTS

By Alphathyx

Royal AU | Drama | Romance | Angst Stories of princesses weren't always like what you imagine, for the prince... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 20

435 35 18
By Alphathyx

A little while before...

"Get dressed."

Yoongi barged into Jimin's room and tossed him a cape and shoes upon the ground which caught the man off guard.

"What are you—"

"Come with me, the princess is in trouble." Yoongi stated before leaving the room shutting the door behind him.

Those words sent a fight or flight response through Jimin's veins as he instantly scurried to get his shoes and cape on. Once done he opened the door for what seems like millennia to him, seeing the halls of the castle he one roamed daily.

"Here." Yoongi tossed him a small dagger sheathed within a scabbard, "I found it back in the barracks. All your belongings are still there."

Jimin caught it with ease knowing exactly what it was. It was a gift to him from before he left the western kingdoms which he kept tucked away in a hidden drawer, his name was engraved into the metal. He wondered if the knight before him knew what it was.

"Now come. Put your hood up, We must make haste, the princess has long since left." Yoongi marched forward without glancing back. Yoongi muttered under his breath about how careless the scholar was, soft enough for Jimin to hear bits and pieces.

"But why are you bringing me?" Jimin asked. Many questions racing in his mind as they speedily walked through the castle, careful to avoid patrolling guards.

Yoongi was quiet for a moment, keeping an eye out for anyone, "because it just felt right." He responded.

That didn't exactly answer anything for Jimin, he scoffed. "And yet you tell me your allegiance lie with the King." He quipped.

Yoongi glared back at him for a moment, "I told you that my allegiance does lie with the King however, I still follow what's right. Now hurry up, or we'll lose them." He hisses.

Jimin put aside his questions for now as they manage to finally sneak out the castle with the help of Some distractions from Yoongi.

They were out of the castle and into the town now, it seems the towns people were just the same, crowding over stalls and buying goods, chatter and laughter took over his ears as they weaved through the crowds.

Jimin, wasn't too sure about the knights true intentions just yet, but ever since the Scholar and him had visited his quarters, he felt his body regain energy again. It seems they managed to silently take care of the treacherous behavior with whatever the King was pulling. But then, why were they so eager to help him behind the back of their leader?

"There she is. And she doesn't seem to be in trouble yet."

Yoongi's words instantly snapped him out of his head as his eyes instantly locked onto the girl like a moth to a flame amongst the bustling crowd, he would always find her, even with a disguise as mediocre as hers, he couldn't help but instinctively smile at her attempt at being a boy but then feelings of anxiety and betrayal came flooding back through his veins, he saw that she had a man beside her, young much like him guiding her through the crowd. His eyes narrowed upon the sight as his heart stung in jealousy. It humbled him, remembering the fact that he was no longer by her side, that he truly didn't deserve to be, he drooped his head.

Yet in the other mans mind, Yoongi was rather stunned. Feeling a familiar feeling upon gazing at her, he asked himself, "Could it be..?" But shook the thought away immediately as they were being swept by the crowd. He had more important priorities right now as he saw Jungkook scan the masses, their eyes nearly meeting.

"This way, we mustn't be seen." Yoongi ducked away into a quiet alley pulling Jimin along. Yoongi noticed how quiet Jimin was, his head hung low as he followed behind, "Is there something the matter?" He asked, but Jimin shook his head gathering himself again.

"No. Though will you tell me exactly where she is headed?" He questioned. Yoongi had thought maybe he'd be more excited to be reunited with the princess but his expression said otherwise.

"To see the Western Kingdoms General."

Jimin stopped dead in his tracks making Yoongi look at him in bewilderment.

"No.." Jimin's eyes were wide with fear. "Why is he here?" He questioned himself.

"Jin apparently informed her to meet him." Yoongi stated, still confused with Jimin's stall.

"And why would he do that?!" Jimin yelled, anger boiling in his veins.

"I too am curious as to why and I'm sure there is a reason, though—" Yoongi walked forth and narrowed his eyes at the man. "It seems I was right."

Jimin's eyes shot to meet his with golden intensity, gleaming in his irises. Gold swirled in those orbs of his, those only with royal bloodline had this, He was unable to control it anymore with his emotions on the loose.

Jimin realised then what the General was staring at, he looked away immediately and shut his eyes, praying it would go away.

"It is not the time to discuss my origins, we must bring Hana back." Jimin clenched his fists and walked forth, "I promise you, I mean her no harm."

Yoongi could hear the raw sincerity in his voice so he decided to trust in him and follow along, after all, he was the one with the larger sword in hand.

They left the alley and caught sight of the girl and her bodyguard again, she entered what was a tavern as Jungkook surveyed the area again. Jimin and Yoongi hid in the shadows making sure they weren't seen.

Once the coast was clear, Jimin started walking forth but was halted by the General, dragging him back into the dark alley.

"What are you doing?!" Jimin hissed.

"I believe the princess should be safe for now." Yoongi mentioned.

"Are you absolutely ludicrous? That tavern is teaming with Western soldiers! She needs to stay away from Taehyung—"
Jimin couldn't catch his words in time. As the General now stiffened and glared at him suspiciously.

"Now how exactly do you know the General of the Western Kingdoms first name?" He inquisitively asked, threatening and cornering Jimin, hand tightly upon the hilt of his sword, ready to strike.

Jimin was careless, he clenched his teeth in realising that his blunder now could cost him his life.

"I order you to tell me right now—" Yoongi drew his sword, it gleaming like it was welcoming his death as it was now held against Jimin's throat. "Could this be the reason why King Namjoon wishes to sentence you to your death?" His hooded eyes, soulless, bore into Jimin's own.

"It is time you tell me the truth about who you really are before we pay a visit to the princess."

The Great Western Kingdoms, almost three times the size and allies of the Eastern Kingdoms turned to peril after the Great War of the Gods. The largest of them, the Kingdom of Ares declared war against the Eastern Kingdom, Athena. For soon enough the other Kingdoms joined in the battle, aiding whom they supported the most.

Once sibling Kingdoms, Ares and Athena had an ongoing vendetta for centuries on who was the strongest Kingdom of them all, but the war raged for millennia, children born generations down only knew but war for their entire lifetime as the two Kingdoms chipped each other away down to their bones.

The two were neck and neck, yet both Kingdoms still wouldn't back down. Their people suffered, as each Kingdoms riches went solely to war and devastation. The lands between were all but a barren battlefield once lush with gardens of grandeur and life that roamed the lands.

There were a few Kingdoms that never interfered, The Kingdom of Hades, and Zeus were some of them. Though the two were only but amused by the war as they sat and watched.

The Peaceful Kingdoms of Hera and Persephone did their best to aid both Kingdoms equally, but their kindness was not appreciated as Ares and Athena soon revolted, disliking the idea that they did not support one of the other fully. The Peaceful kingdoms then stopped sending aid in fear they were to be caught within the flames.

And finally, the other sibling Kingdoms, Apollo and Artemis. Torn by the revolt, Apollo being in close relations to the fiery and flame of Ares, and Artemis, the one who shone light down upon the wisdoms of Athena. They decided to not partake, as they too did not want to spread the hatred between their own. Apollo and Artemis did not heed to the answer of greed and power, but balance was where the riches truly lie.

Ares and Athena pleaded for their help but the Sun and Moon siblings refused to. They knew if either of them did partake in the war, the scales would tip and soon their lands and people would all be lost to ruin.

That is then when the Kingdom of Athena soon realised it was nearly too late, as they had run both their people and riches to the ground. Attempting only to prove each other was right, Athena had come to their senses much sooner. Although overtaken with pride, they finally listened to their wisdom and surrendered for the sake of their people.

The Kingdom of Ares was victorious in their eyes, though it took long for them to realise the mistake they made in drowning themselves in their boastful pride. The Kingdom of Athena had begun to revive its riches again, their lands and people, their money went solely into bettering the lives of their people and had forsaken war. They may have lost, but what was the point of a victory if there was no longer a Kingdom to lead?

Athena then prayed to the Titans, Kronos heeding their call, amused and yet impressed by their descendent, they erected a long and perilous mountain range that would divide the two Kingdoms to secure peace for the Eastern Kingdoms for as long as they could recover. By the time the mountains subsided back to its original state of land, that was when the great divide between the east and the west was thoroughly seen.

Beautiful lush fields of woodland and greenery, produce and livestock in contrast with barren land of dried soil and dead trees severely divided the lands for no longer a mountain range hindered the view of the two Regions.

The people of Ares was furious, it was no victory at all. The western Kingdoms were in poverty, suffering, while their King was driven mad with greed and high on victory, he paid no attention to the livelihoods of his people. Whereas the Kingdom of Athena bloomed and flourished, riches upon riches of life swarmed the lands.

Though this was a very, very, long time ago, the stories of the Great War will continue to be passed down to generations, each region feeding ideals to which poison their minds into thinking who was in the right. 

That is why Jimin, the current eldest son and prince of the Kingdom of Ares was sent to the Kingdoms of Artemis, to find and kill the lost princess of Artemis, to finally tip the scales of power.

For what the stories of Ares had told them was that the Eastern Kingdoms caused them poverty and took the riches for their own, but all of that were all lies. Jimin found the truth to it all and soon knew he was just a pawn in a game he no longer wanted to partake in.

He joined the forces from ground up, changed his status and stature, blending with the people of Artemis, once a royal, now just a mere peasant who dreamed of being a knight. It didn't take long for him to rise the ranks with his skill in sword fighting. Many called him a prodigy, a genius and natural, but in honest fact, he only knew of fighting since he could walk.

There had been rumors of the King and Queen not being the true heirs of Artemis and for that he knew was true, his sources said that the adopted daughter had qualities of Artemis more than any of the royals so that was his goal and only way was to be positioned as the General of the Kingdom.

He had glimpses of the princess, roaming around the castle, the barracks and even riding her white stallion through the fields. That was when he first met her, fast asleep laid upon the grass, surrounded by the field of Smeraldo flowers. He didn't expect her to be here, he too wanted to take a nap surrounded by the beautiful flowers. Something that was a luxury he never could have back in his Kingdom. He could kill her now, he thought, there was no one around and he wouldn't have to work so hard to get close to her. He could consciously feel the metal in his holster, a dagger that was gifted to him for his task.

"You look like you want to kill me."

Startled he watched the princess who cracked one eye open, smiling contentedly to herself as if she had caught him spying on her.

"P-pardon?" He stuttered.

The princess got up with a stretch before pointing to the middle of her brows.

"You were scrunching your brows up so hard, I could see flames in your eyes." She chuckled to herself.

Jimin thought, had this princess have no manners?

"I did not look like that." He huffed.

"Sure did, and honestly I knew you'd come here."  She flopped herself down upon the grass again, in taking a deep inhale as the one blew a gentle breeze on this cool summers day.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"It seems you found the best napping spot too, you stole it from me the last few days, by the time I came here you would already be sprawled out in the sun." She laughed, Jimin didn't expect it to be so pleasant to hear her speak, yet alone laugh.

Jimin didn't realise that the princess had caught him here multiple times and this time, she came here expecting him.

"You could have just woken me up for stealing your spot you know." He scoffed.

She then propped herself up on her elbow to face him, "And wake you up while you sleep so peacefully? I think not. You train day and night, why would I disturb you when you're finally sleeping."  She grinned at him, it was the first time he saw her smile, and as if the world had turned upside down. He didn't think the princess would have noticed him at all. The men of the barracks had always praised her, yet he paid no mind to their drawls of the so called warrior princess. To him it was just a facade she managed to convince her people into believing.

"Then I shall take my leave so you can have your spot back. I'm sure to find another." He stated, leaving until he felt her hand catch his wrist pulling him back by force. It caught him off guard as he landed upon the grass, now sprawled out next to her, she let out a humorous laugh, so loud she held her belly.

"Why in Hades' name would you do that ?!"  Jimin was flushed in embarrassment.

"Because! You wouldn't have stopped even if I had called you." She continued to laugh sending flurries of butterflies in his chest. He had never heard someone laugh so melodically. "Now there's space for two people, you will never be able to find another place like this. Never in the entire world." She came down from her fit of laughter and settled in peace again beside him, shutting her eyes.

He questioned internally how could this girl be so naive to allow herself to be so open to danger? He knew she did not know of his intentions but the sight of her peace, the cool breeze that brought pleasant scents that ruffled his hair in the warmth of the sun, managed to take his mind off it. She was right though, he doubt he could ever find a place like this ever in his lifetime, he might as well enjoy it while he could.

Resigning he laid back down and closed his eyes, laying in the quiet but gentle sounds of the leaves and flowers swaying in the wind for what seemed to be a while.

"I like that you don't treat me like royalty." She stated, breaking the silence, "that you didn't instantly bow down to one knee and treat me like I'm of higher status than any of you."

"And why wouldn't you like that? Are you not the princess of the Kingdom, Your highness?" He  asked though she didn't seem to want to answer as she kept silent.

"Just call me Hana." She stated simply. "Now you must tell me your name."

Jimin cracked a smile, "it seems you are ordering me to when you just said you liked not to be treated like Royalty."

She got up and pouted at him for a brief moment before flopping down onto the grass again, seeing him crack open an eye and chuckle at her reaction.

"Then I shall reiterate, pray tell your name, Sir Knight?" She purposely chose to speak formally in exasperation making him chuckle more. The princess was amusing and not what he had imagined.

"It's Park. Park Jimin."

She smiled finally knowing the knights name, "Jimin." She whispered. Her soft voice saying his name shot an arrow through his heart, never had he heard his name be said by someone so ethereal sounding. Never had he loved his name given to him, but now he wished he could hear it all the time.

She got up, abruptly interrupting his thoughts as he watched her brush the grass off he clothes, she held her hand out, offering it to him to take.

"Well Jimin, I look forward to working with you from now on." She smiled at him, again something he was not used to, a genuine smile full of trust and assurance, she had become his light without knowing, his beacon of hope.

Though that didn't change the fact that he did initially come to the Kingdom of Artemis to harm the princess. He instead without realising, had forsaken his duties  and former self, when he took her hand that day.

A/N: I really hope you enjoy this chapter. I worked hard to solidify the lore of the story. And to finally bring back lil mochi, please look forward to more !

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 7.2K 26
A princess destined to stop chaos from ending the world gets involved with someone unexpected. Her simple and sweet personality makes them grow close...
471K 23.6K 64
A prince and servant girl grew up together in a castle. Best friends for life until that love as friends changed to something more. All was well unti...
8.2K 235 20
A BTS fan has a chance to have her fantasies come true. Will she take it? Warning: contains some harsh language and may contain sexual content later...
18.1K 1.1K 32
Summary: Confirming you were dating the famous Min Suga of BTS, you knew you were bound to make some enemies. But what you didn't expect was to be cu...