Dark past, Bright Future.

By IASFGIH1234

My name is Blair young I was born in London but I'm from Glasgow and I'm currently 17 years old. My story st... More

[1] - Childhood
[2] - Teenage Years
[3] - Football
[4] -Arriving
[5] - Settling In
[6] - Starting Strong
[7] - Team Building
[8] - The Truth
[9] - Falling apart
[10] - Steady Progress
[11] - Memory
[12] - Hatrick
[13] - Group Games
[14] Bittersweet Ending
[15] - Celebrations
[16] - Gains
[17] - Big Decision
[19] - Signing
[20] - First Training
[21] - A Year Older
[22] - Party Time
[23] - Date?
[24] - First Kiss
[25] - Dream Debut
[26] - Walk in the Woods
[27] - Secret Kisses
[28] - New Roomie
[29] - Opening Up
[30] - Victory
[31] - Celebrating
[32] - Hickeys
[33] - Favourite picture
[34] - My Story *part 1*
[35] - My Story *part 2*

[18] - The Move

1.9K 30 1
By IASFGIH1234

We wake up at an ungodly hour. I packed most of my stuff last night so I've just got to put in little bits like my toiletries after I shower.

By the time we leave our room and make our way down to meet in reception we are still half asleep and so is everybody else by the looks of it.

We wait for the stragglers to arrive who are unsurprisingly Grace and Laura.

After we've packed up the bus we are off to the airport. Everyone is tired and quite keen to just be home now. The wait in the airport is annoying once we arrived at the gate a couple of the girls fell asleep sprawled on the floor. It's quite a funny sight.

An hour later the loudspeaker comes on telling us our plane has now begun boarding.

We get on the plane and I'm sat beside Jade. We chat the whole way, it's only a 2 hour flight so the time passes quickly. We agree to message and call as much as we can even though we know it will be hard with our busy schedules.

It's funny I never thought when I imagined moving from Glasgow I'd have anything to miss but now I actually have genuine friends it's different.

Jade plays for rangers and her contract is up in six months. She doesn't know what the future holds but she is keen to move to a WSL team she has told me.

We say our goodbyes to the rest of the squad. A few of them I may see soon like Laura as she plays for Aston Villa so I will see her when we play them.

The process of getting to London was made a lot easier in the sense we didn't have to leave the airport to pick anything of mine up as I don't own anything other then what's in my suitcases. It's funny I started this tour at the pre season camp with two duffles bags and now I have two suitcase which were provided by Scotland but never the less it feels like progress in a weird way.

After the rest of the girls leave and a few go to find their other connecting flights me and Jen locate our own gate. It wasn't a long connection so we board as soon as we arrive at the gate. Arsenal have us sitting in business which is a very new experience for me.

"You excited about the move?" Jen asks after we are comfortably seated.

"Yeah I am, it's just starting to feel real but it feels right." I reply.

It's a short flight only an hour and a half but I still manage to sleep for the majority of it.

"Blair wake up we've landed." Jen whispers to me as she shakes me awake.

We exit the plane and while we wait at baggage claim Jen explains to me she shares a house with 2 other of my now new teammates Katie McCabe and Steph Catley.

She also tells me Katie is picking us up along with our other unofficial roommate Ruesha who is Katie's girlfriend and plays for Aston Villa with Laura.

Once we have our bags we head outside and Jen calls Katie asking where about they're parked.

We walk to where they are and they get out the car to help with the bags and greet us.

After they say hello and give Jen a hug. Katie turns to me.

"Hi I'm Katie."

"Blair, it's nice to meet you." I reply

"This is Ruesha." She introduces her girlfriend.

"It's nice to meet you Blair." Ruesha says.

"You too."

"Jeez Katie you're fair outnumbered by the Scot's now." She laughs before we get into the car.

***

"I'll leave you to unpack." Jen says as she exits my new room.

The drive to the house wasn't too long and it was actually quite fun Katie and Ruesha are really nice. I can tell I will easily get on with Katie as we have similar personalities.

I met Steph briefly once we got here and she seems really nice as well so I shouldn't have much trouble staying here.

I unpack my things still not much. I'm gonna have to go clothes shopping once I sign my contract and have the security of a steady income.

I just finish up placing my things in my bathroom when I hear a knock at the door.

"Come in." I call.

"Hey Blair." Jen says.

"Hi you alright?" I reply.

"Yeah I was just wondering if you wanted to come out to tea with us the others were suggesting it."

"Yeah sure why not." I reply happily.

"Okay we'll just be leaving in like 15 minutes or so." She tells me.

"Cool I'll just finish up getting ready."

Jen smiles and gives me a nod before leaving me in my room.

I rake through my clothes and decide what to wear.

(Blair's outfit)

***

"So Blair do you go to uni or anything like that?" Ruesha asks me after the waiter took our drink orders.

"Eh no I actually would be in my last year of school right now but I left." I say.

"You decided to focus on football makes sense." Steph says.

"Yeah." I say smiling happy to get away with the slight lie. I did need to focus on football but mainly because I was homeless and needed to make sure I kept my contract.

"Wait a minute." Katie says. "How old are you?"

"I'm 17 but I'm 18 in 3 days." I explain.

"No fucking way." Katie says. "You never told us that Jen."

Jen just shrugs amused.

"How old did you think I was like?" I ask.

Katie thinks for a moment. "I would've guessed 20 or 21."

"You're very mature for your age." Steph comments.

"Yeah I guess I grew up quite quick." I reply.

We talk about some other stuff. We get our drinks and order our food.

"So Blair what did your parents think about you moving away so young?" Ruesha asks me.

"Well they didn't really have a say I would've moved either way." I laugh.

"I was the same way." Katie laughs. "Football before all else."

"Hey what about me." Ruesha jokes.

Jen gives me a knowing look. I like the girls but I'm not ready to tell them about my family and my past.

"Will they come up to watch the games and stuff?" Steph asks.

"Ehh I don't think so."

There is a bit of a pause.

"Well I'm sure they will be watching on tv it's quite a way to travel." Ruesha says.

***

"Ohh I'm so full that was good." I say after finishing my meal.

"You'll need to get straight to the gym." Jen teases knowing how strict I am about the gym and my diet.

"What are you taking about?" Katie laughs.

"The kid is a total gym lad." Jen says.

"No way." Katie says skeptically.

"Show them Blair." Jen encourages me with a smirk on her face.

I laugh lightly before taking of my jacket and flexing my arm pulling up my T-shirt sleeve so they can see my arm.

"What the fuck I didn't expect that." Katie laughs shocked.

"Just wait till you see my abs." I say jokingly.

"Are you trying to steal my girl." Ruesha jokes.

We all laugh hysterically at this.

***

Once we get back to the house I decide to call it an early night after all the travel I need to catch up on some sleep. I say my good nights and take myself off to bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.3K 1.8K 21
i wanna lay it all down, it's getting heavy for me now → leah williamson x fem!oc → friends to lovers → 2022-2024 → awfc...
109K 2.6K 13
MILLIE HART Quiet. Shy. Nerd. Prude. That's what everyone calls me while turning up their noses at me. Even if it's true, I don't care. I have a pla...
72.7K 999 51
More than friends with benefits. Less than an official relationship. I want you .... BUT I want to keep my options open. Not necessarily for someone...
96.3K 2.7K 54
ASTRID They say you are like the people who raised you. Famous designer turned politician Banks Carrington and Civil Engineer Zoe Hassan. I'm their...