Drowning In The Dark (Broken...

By Seventhjoul

The story of young girl being born by the rape of her mother and struck with her 4 brothers as her mom died g... More

End of their misery
Breaking The News
Breakfast and School
Home- thats what they called it
End of Costella
A refuge.
The real talk
Your dad?
Spaghetti and TV
Voices in my head
Am I sick?
A Reality Check
Sabrina & Sebastian!?
Cufflinks or Tie?
Most Precious of them All
Stubbornness lands you in trouble.
Confrontation and Confessions
A Vanidestine
Tête-à-Tête
A Mistake
Dex and Ira
You- who love me the most.
A Truth woven in lies
'Some words should be left unspoken.'
Snooping Around
Feelings
Princess's Don't cry
One Peculiar Family
An Angel
When the love knocks on dark castle gates
Office and a cup of coffee
My Fight for your love
Simply Love
My Darkest days
One grand fall
A new Era
That pure love
The meaning
If you are waiting for me.
Our Prize
The Youngest Pair
The final war
Be Alright
My Rules for my game.
If You all are here.
BROKEN HEIRS #2
ANNOUNCEMENT

Back to the Square

22.9K 917 388
By Seventhjoul

Shaira's steps halted as she took a turn from there. She didn't have any good excuse to tell Alkov as to why she was there.
Her mind rebuked her for even coming here but now avoiding Alkov was her prime concern.
After taking 10 steps behind. She reached a secluded area of the company. Everything seems so luxurious in there that Shaira could not help but stare.

She knew one day she will build herself the same empire or maybe even bigger than this no matter what it takes.

The moment of thought halted as she get back to reality. Hiding against the hall she saw back seeing Mr. Alkov Vanedestine walking in the same direction as her.

For god sake leave me alone.

Her palms were sweaty. She looked around. There was not a single place to go- just two elevators. Not finding any option. She pressed the button for the first one. She froze as the screen pulled out over for the retina scan.

Oh fuck

These are the private elevators for Vanedestines.

Can she get into it?

There was no other option than try.

She hurriedly scans her eyes for that. She knew it was absurd. How could they have her retinal info saved here? But people do weird stuff to try and save their ass. Today was that day for her.

She sighed as she don't get any results even after the retinal scan. She was doomed.  Looking back again in the direction of Alkov coming. He was talking to some people in the hallway. He will reach here anytime soon.

Save me, anyone, please!

Shaira said folding her hands together with her eyes closed. Praying to anyone who is listening above.

Identity confirmed.

Access granted.

The two sentences were the only thing heard as Shaira opened her eyes looking wide-eyed towards the elevators which were now open.

She thanked all her lucky stars for this. She rapidly stepped into the elevators and pressed the highest floor possible. As there were only the last three floors' buttons available on the elevator.

The next worry was to avoid Dexton and other workers and come back down again.

It does not take a long time for Shaira to know that she was completely and utterly stuck. There's no way she would be able to get out of the building unscathed.

But she will have to try. She regretted the moment she decided to enter this building.

As the elevator bell pinged. Shaira was ready to dash out from there. Find the nearest common elevator and get the hell out of this obnoxious building.

She took a deep breath as she get out of the elevator. She need to blend in the atmosphere which was utterly impossible as everyone was wearing perfect formals. Men with suits and shiny shoes and women with pencil skirts and black heels.

Shaira was looking like an odd bump with her messy hair and red overcoat.

Her plan of going unnoticed was ruined as a blonde worker stopped her in her tracts.

"Hey, Miss! Who are you?"

The blonde woman spoke taking the attention of the other workers passing from there.

"Umm- I- am" Shaira stuttered looking down at the shiny marbles. She did not know what to say.

"What are you looking at? I am talking to you? This is the private floor of Mr. Vanedestine. How did you get here?" The blonde woman glowered at her.

She was right too. This would be the common reaction if someone found the teen roaming around here.

"I was here for food delivery," Shaira said and sneezed. Cold did get her.

"You unhygienic brat! I want you to get out of here right now. Why would someone order from a place where workers don't have any sense of hygiene in them?" The rude woman practically yelled at her.

Shaira's eyes filled with tears. Somehow this woman brought back bad memories of Costella with her. They were so much familiar that Shaira trembled backward.

Yes, her overcoat was a little wet because of the snow outside and she was feeling a little cold but her cafe was hygienic and she made sure of that every time.

"I am gonna call the security."

Shaira's head snapped towards the woman. If security got involved, Dexton would know about her in the building for sure.

"I am sorry, mam," Shaira said her voice cracked. Remembering all the moments when she gave up without a fight.

"I will get out of here. Just don't call the security."

"You are lucky I am very busy or else. Now get out of here!"

"I am afraid Miss Mellisa but you are not that lucky for sure."

.

"Oh Mr. Paul, this girl was running around the building like it is her home. I was just telling her to get out."  Mellisa glared at Shaira.

"Miss Shaira!" Paul came to Shaira's side in an instant ignoring the other woman altogether.

"Paul, I am so sorry. I was just going outside after the delivery but something happened and I came upon this floor. I am sorry." Shaira said her eyes brimming with tears.

Paul's heart tethered. He had always seen her smiling but today everything was different. Her eyes showed pure fear.

"Please don't call security on me."

"Bullshit. How could I? Don't worry. Miss Mellisa, you are dismissed. I will talk to you again after some time." Paul's eyes darken as he glared at Mellisa. After everything, Paul was still the personal secretary as well as the most trusted person of Dexton Vanedestine.

Mellisa was shocked to see her reaction to Paul but went from there.

Shaira's eyes remained watery but not a single tear left her eye. She did not know. Her heartbeat was overriding. Her hands trembling she fisted so tightly that she could draw blood from her skin at any moment.

Maybe she needed some mental help.

As her erratic breath was calming as Paul rubbed her back. She had never expected it from Paul but at last, he helped.

"What the fuck is going on here?"

Dexton's thunderous voice echoed on the whole floor. His murderous eyes were on Paul whose hand stopped rubbing her back in comfort.

Shaira's breath stuck in her throat as she looked straight at his brother. She sighed as she saw him. She was safe.

No one can pull her out with security.

The immense shame she could feel in that sentence made Shaira weak on her knees.

Her knees buckled down and she fell on the floor. Dexton was an instant on her side.

Her eyes finally shed some tears. Like all the strength she pulled from inside had exhausted her.

"Are you okay?" Dexton said putting her hand on her shoulder.

Shaira only nodded desperately trying to rub tears away from her face.

"What happened to her?" Dexton glowered at Paul.

Paul was in shock. His eyes were wide. Seeing his boss on his knees consoling and rubbing her little sister back yet glaring at him.

"Mellisa wanted to call security on her because she entered the private floor without any identity."

Paul's voice was cold and without emotion. He wanted Mellisa to pay for what she had done to this girl. Paul knew everything about Shaira. Firstly it was because of his boss- he needed to collect information but now as a person too. Shaira was too kind-hearted for her own sake.

Dexton's jaw clenched as he saw some of his workers looking at them, especially at Shaira.

"Can you stand up?" Dexton asked her softly.

"Yes." Shaira squeezed out the little word without any crack in her voice.

She took Dexton's outstretched hand and stood up again albeit looking at the ground.

As expected she shamed them all. She shamed Vanedestine again.

"Stop staring at my little sister and get back to your damn work." Dexton's voice was cold and rigid.

Everyone was shocked to see the Vanedestine little sister. After all, Shaira was a beauty taking every trait from her mother and looking the same as her brothers more or less.

Even in the jeans and overcoat anyone could tell -

She was a princess.

....

"How do you get your clothes wet?" Dexton asked as he removed Shaira's overcoat and put his pure pashmina shawl onto her shoulders and motioned her to sit on the sofa in his office.

Shaira was silent. Her mind was thinking a thousand excuses to as why she was here.

"Why are you here and how do you know Paul?" Dexton asked giving a side eye to Paul whose back automatically stiffened.

"We are friends." Shaira's mouth spew out words even before she could stop it which made Paul more nervous than before.

"Okay and how did you end up befriending my secretary who is 5 years older than you?" Dexton's voice was calm but anyone could tell it was a mere translucent wall to hide what was actually inside him.

Shaira knew one wrong word and Paul would lose his job for sure. This new overprotective attitude of her half-brothers towards her was terrific.

She sighed. Spilling out the truth is the only good thing left. So she spoke.

"I am sorry but I work in the café as a barista in Sunflower Café two blocks away and Paul is regularly there. I didn't know he was your secretary or anything. Before you could say anything Paul had not requested me to come here for an order. I insisted because I didn't know he work here. You were in a bad mood. So, he was scared. Don't force him to quit. He is the most capable person you could get. He is my good friend."

Shaira's rant is halted by a facepalm by Paul. A bewildered look from Dexton and a dazed face from Shaira.

"Okay Relax. I won't fire him." Dexton said patting her head.

The silence was awkward AF. Shaira rubbed her hands together looking at the fireplace in front of her.

Paul was excused by his brother.

"You don't need to work in such harsh weather. You know." Dexton said looking at Shaira. At a close look, Dexton could see those dark circles under her eyes. Those turquoise eyes without any eye contact hide the unique color.

"It gives me joy that's why I need to do it," Shaira said looking straight at her brother.

"Fair enough"

Dexton said as he put down the warm cafè mocha on the tables.

"These are my favorite," Dexton said her lips tugged upwards as she stared at Shaira.

"Yup! Cafè mocha is mine too!" Shaira said casually taking a sip from her cup.

"No Shaira, cafè mocha made by you."

Shaira's hand stilled as she looked at Dexton. Does he like it that much that ever-stone-face Dexton is smiling too?

Dexton was looking at Shaira's dazed expression. He could not understand what made her look like that.

"This is the first time, in my entire life, you praised me for something."

Dexton's hand stilled on his cup as he looked straight at Shaira.

"That could not be true."

Shaira's hand fisted as her eyes overwhelmed with emotions.

"Are you calling me a liar now? Go on, tell me when you praised me?"

Thinking back Dexton could now notice that he never said any good remarks to her. Lately, he was in so much guilt and helplessness but this was beyond anything.

The beautiful girl sitting in front of him. His little sister had never heard anything good from her blood-related people.

Dexton rubbed his hands on his face taking a long sigh.

"I apologize. I never did compliment you."

"Apology and pity are the last things I want from you," Shaira said her eyes sharp.

Dexton's eyes snapped towards Shaira who is looking straight at him. Shaira got startled by the sudden eye contact which made her repeat the same harsh truth ever.

"I knew from the beginning, I am and will always be different." Shaira smiled though her eyes dimmed with the sudden tightness in her chest.

The harsh truth that she did not belong anywhere does not lose its capacity even after how many times she heard that from herself.

The pain was still as raw as it could ever be.

"What do you mean, Ira?"

Shaira looked at him dazed. Is that even a question?  Her emotion flicked.

"I am afraid Dexton, You very well know what is different?" Shaira's finger quotes the different words.

"I dare you to repeat that sentence. You are no different from us. You are not an enigma and you are not an orphan for sure." Dexton's voice was louder than ever. Hearing such words from his sister and when she was looking so vulnerable. He hated it. He hated everything including himself.

What's the point of being so rich and mighty if he could not bring happiness to his family?

Shaira's heart contracted. Her hands trembled. How he could say that? How the hell he said that when he was treating her differently from the very beginning? From her half-brothers to even their workers.

The bitterness of the past, the shallowness of the present, and hopelessness for the future had made her wither. She tried so hard to control her tears but they did fall. Her hands were pulled into the fist.

"How the fuck can you say that?

Shaira never swore but that day in her eyes, his brother was the culprit. He never wanted to say those words but they just came out of her mouth.

"Ira"

"I was an orphan on the day itself when you and everyone turn your back on me. Did you ever even know how hard I studied to just be in your good books like Ezra, Alkov, and Maximus."

Dexton's eyes became wide.

"When Alkov came to you with the biggest project of Vanedestine Corp. Your eyes showed pure pride and joy. When Ezra came to you with his first rank in his national medical examination. You patted his head. When Maximus came to you with the impending success of his gym ventures. You laughed and hugged him. You were the best brother and great CEO. What about me Dexton?"

"How could you do this to me to whom you referred as your little sister? For all the years being exceptional in my grades.  Being the music president of the school. Do you know how difficult it is to take one AP class I took it for every subject. I studied my ass off to the point I couldn't take but every time-" Shaira laughed bitterly with tears pouring through her eyes. " I came to you with my report card. You halfheartedly signed it without even looking me in the eye."

"How dare you!?" Shaira almost screamed at him.

"For god's sake Shaira, that was never my intention. I just don't want to make you uncomfortable and that's it." Dexton said. His eyes looked at the broken expression of his little sister.

"Uncomfortable!?" Shaira laughed hysterically.

"You and I both know how much I respected and loved you. You were my favorite. What more excuses do you need to prove you were right and I was wrong."

"This is not something about right or wrong. It is about you dammit! You are more than that. How could I make you believe that?"

"You don't need to prove me my position in your life because all I know. I despise you. I hate you way much more than I loved you. How foolish I was to think I would be your favorite too? "

Dexton stood up looking at the disgruntled Shaira. For the first time in his life, she had confronted him about something so strongly. Even though her face was tear stricken and her hand was trembling but she stood up to say the things she wanted.

As Dexton reaches to wipe her face with a handkerchief. Shaira backed off as soon as the handkerchief touched her face.

" Stop trying to fool again. I am quite mature for that. As you have nothing to say. I am going home."

Before she could leave with her overcoat.

"Your first award was when you were 10 in your school violin competition."

.......

Hey guys. Enjoy the chapter and one more thing.

I have. This a pact for us guys as lately o have been thinking if people are liking my story or not because most of you don't comment for your fav lines or fav para or your emotions. That made me lose my motivation to write too.

So I have decided that you guys give me a great response with lots of inline comments with all your whirlwind emotions. I would give you an early update. I promise you guys.

Aso make sure you have given the chapter vote.

If we reach 1000 votes and 250 comments I will give an update the next day it happened. Does not matter if I have to pull all-nighter for that.

Cheers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3M 185K 76
Being thrown away in the garbage in a dark alleyway in London when she was only a baby, she should have died that day... But she didn't.. instead, a...
79.2K 2.7K 80
Asher is an eleven-year-old boy. His parents do not want him. They say he is an unwanted mistake. He has three older brothers. They have moved three...
43.2K 955 15
Everyone's given a life at random. We don't ask for it, we don't even get a say. We just have to suck it up and live with what we have. Some luckier...
262K 5.5K 43
After the tragic death of her mother, Skylar is forced to move in with her 5 older brother, who she has never met before. With the new wealth, loss o...