Bangtan Sarang || JJK

By Writeria29

COMPLETED "You may have all my brothers fooled Sua, but not me." Jungkook whispered to her "I know who you ar... More

Introduction
Ch. 1 Homecoming
Ch. 2 Witness
Ch. 3 Captured... Again
Ch. 4 Captive
Ch. 5 It's Good To Be Home
Ch. 6 Saviours
Ch. 7 Home Is Where The Heart Is
Ch. 8 Jealous
Ch. 9 Animosity
Ch. 10 Icebreaker
Ch. 11 Revelations
Ch. 12 Confessions
Ch. 14 Old Sins
Ch. 15 Alliance
Ch. 16 That's Why It's Called Falling
Ch. 17 Impasse
Ch. 18 Blackmail
Ch. 19 Goodbyes
Ch. 20 Lost
Ch. 21 Mission: Rescue
Ch. 22 Never Letting Go
Ch. 23 Still With You
Ch. 24 Good Intentions
Epilogue: Ever After

Ch. 13 Rejuvinate

46 10 11
By Writeria29

Sua had successfully avoided Jungkook for the last fifteen days. She knew his routine so she stayed out of his way and he stayed out of hers. That was exactly how she wanted to keep it or at least that's what she told herself. Thinking of being close to him again sent a chill through her bones.

She left food for him on the kitchen island or in the refrigerator with post it notes with his name on them. The empty bowls were the only indication he had eaten. Other than that there was no contact between them.

He had tried to kill her but if she was honest with herself, that was not what scared her. She had been close to death multiple times over the last three years. Though it wasn't something one could get used to, it had definitely removed the fear of death from her mind. No, what scared her was how she still felt for him inspite of what he had done. Her heartbeat still quickened when she heard footsteps until she realised it wasn't him behind her, the disappointment she felt when she hadn't run into him even once, was what scared her more than death.

So even if everything else seemed fine, avoiding the one person her eyes involuntarily searched for, was a task in itself and it tired her out.

The rest of the brothers had tip toed around her at first, worried that she might want to leave after what had happened. Tae'd had a complete breakdown begging her to stay. She had spent hours convincing him that she wasn't going to leave. He still clung to her whenever he got the chance as if she was going to disappear at any moment. Even Yoongi seemed on edge, constantly making sure she was okay and didn't lack for anything. But now he wasn't home, she thought. He hadn't been home in almost a week.

There had been no family dinners or other group activities. Jimin and Jungkook were also avoiding each other which made it difficult for everyone to be in the same room at once. And though she and Jimin seemed fine outwardly, they were far from okay. Jimin still didn't come to talk to her like he did before but he wasn't completely avoiding her and she had to be happy with what she got.

Atleast nobody had asked her about Song-i, she thought, she had been Jin's sister and had been in love with Jimin but how did Jungkook fit into that picture was a mystery to her. Had he been in love with her? she wondered. There was no way of knowing at least not right away. She didn't want to have to relive those memories again. Jin seemed to have conducted a family meeting when she was sleeping and let them know about everything that had happened.

She didn't know how much he had disclosed, but since there weren't any questions raised, she was content to ignore the whole incident. Except for the bruises on her throat. They had turned a deep purple. She had come downstairs the next day, without looking into the mirror. The collective gasp at the breakfast table was enough to tell her they were hideous. She had now taken to wearing a scarf around her neck at all times.

"Come on." Hobi said drawing her out of her thoughts.

She had been sitting in the library with a book open on her lap and staring at the same page for the last twenty minutes. She was so lost in her own world that she hadn't even noticed when Hobi had come in and sat in front of her.

"Wh-what?" she stammered, surprised to see him there.

"Let's go out today." Hobi said casually.

"Out? Where?" She asked

"I don't know. Anywhere you want." He shrugged.

"I'm fine, Hobi" she answered.

"No you are not. But you will be." He said smiling warmly at her. "But today we are going out Sua. I will not take no for an answer."

She sighed.

"Come on. Don't be such a downer. I'll take you to the beach. A bit of sun and sand would do you a world of good." Hobi assured.

Despite of her initial hesitation, Sua couldn't help but feel excited at the mention of a beach. She hadn't been to one in over three years. Her face brightened.

"Sounds good?" Hobi grinned.

"Yes." She clapped. "But I don't have anything I can wear to the beach." She mused thinking about her meagre wardrobe.

"I'll first take you shopping then. We'll grab a nice lunch somewhere and then head to the beach."

Her face fell.

"I don't want to impose, Hobi. You've already done so much for me, accepting anything more... it makes me a little uncomfortable." She said looking away.

"Yah Sua-ya! Aren't I your brother?" He asked offended by her words.

"Of course you are Hobi. Why would you think otherwise?" She asked confused.

"Then why would you be uncomfortable?"

Sua didn't answer.

He sighed. "Sua, I have a lot of money. More than I know what to do with. I have no one to spoil. Let me do this for you. It would make me happy." He assured her.

She still hesitated.

"Oh Ja mae you're breaking my heart." He said dramatically clutching his chest.

Sua laughed. "Okay Okay. Give me some time to get ready." She rose from her seat leaving the book on the table beside her.

"You have twenty minutes." Hobi said offering her his arm.

She took it happily and they walked out of the library and towards the living room. Namjoon was perched on the stairs talking quietly on his phone.

"I'm not sure whether or not we should be worried. Let's just wait for now." He said ending the call.

He looked at the two of them animatedly discussing their plans for the day. "What are the two of you up to?" he asked curiously.

"I'm taking Sua out for the day today." Hobi answered proudly.

"Mind if I join? I have nothing planned today" Joon asked.

"Not at all Joonie" Sua chirped.

"So where are we going?" Joon asked

"Shopping, lunch and the beach." Hobi answered.

"Sounds fun! Let's go." Joon exclaimed.

"Let's all meet down here in twenty minutes." Sua said clapping her hands again, her barely contained excitement brought a smile to their faces.

She raced up to her room and quickly changed into jeans and a top. Beach, Beach, Beach she thought. She'd need sunscreen, a swimsuit, and towels. A change of clothes too. She placed a hoodie and a tshirt on the bed. She didn't have a purse or a bag. She looked around in frustration. Tae, she thought smacking her hand on her forehead. She ran down to Taehyung's room and quickly opened his closet and pulled out a backpack. She ran back upstairs and shoved everything in as fast as she could and ran back down to the living room. Namjoon was already lounging on the sofa looking breathtakingly handsome in his beige shorts and white button up shirt.
She was breathing heavily.

"Woah! We wouldn't leave you behind if you took longer Sua." He chuckled. "Calm down."

"I just didn't want to keep you waiting." She said between breaths. "Is Hobi down yet?"

"He's bringing the Truck around."

"Okay. Let's Go!!" she squealed drawing another chuckle from Namjoon.

He got off the sofa and threw an arm around her shoulders. "Let's go."

They drove an hour to reach Seoul and Hobi drove them straight to the mall. They spent hours looking at clothes and made Sua model pile after pile while they lounged happily in the waiting room rating every piece of clothing she wore. When Namjoon started picking out dresses, she decided to put her foot down.

"Where am I even going to wear these Joonie?" She asked.

"I'll take you out every weekend so you can wear them but we are buying them Sua-ya" Joon countered sternly.

"I don't need them. I don't need any of these clothes actually I was just humoring the two of you."

"What?" Hobi turned on her. "Didn't you like any of them?"

"I did but I don't need them." She replied but Hobi was already walking away "Bill the ones we picked out and these six dress here." He told the assistant.

"Wait –what? No Hobi, stop." She ran after him.

"Do you have any swimwear?" Namjoon asked one of other the assistants.

"Sure we do Ahjussi, right this way." She said smiling coyly at him.

"Come along now Sua." He called.

Sua ran behind him. "Wait!! No! What is wrong with you two...?" She cried in frustration.

The assistant led them to a room in the back. It was full of intimate wear and swimwear. Namjoon stopped at the entrance and Sua bumped into his back.

"Uhm... sorry" he mumbled his ears turning red. "You should go pick whatever you need Sua I'll wait outside."

Namjoon gave her a slight push inside and quickly retreated to the waiting room.

"Yah! I thought you were helping Sua pick out the swimwear." Hobi said as he returned.

"Well. I can't make her model that for me now, can I? That would be so weird." Namjoon replied his ears turning red again.

"No, not model, you idiot. But you should have picked out stuff for her you know how she is. She's probably gawking at the prices. I'll go check on her." Hobi said rushing towards the back of the store and surely enough that was exactly what she was doing.

"Sua-ya. Go into the changing room. I'll send stuff for you to try." Hobi said from behind her.

"What? No. I don't want any of this." She waved her hand around the room.

"What? Of course you do. What are you going to wear to the beach?" he asked.

Sua bit her lip. She had habitually drifted to the bikinis but this wasn't the US. People dressed a little more conservatively here. She picked out a single one piece swimsuit with a short flare skirt at the bottom. It was white with red stripes.

"This. I'll wear this and that's it. I don't want to try anything else." She declared.

"Okay this is fine. But don't you need... you know... other stuff?" he asked looking awkward.

"I have enough." She said her cheeks flaming.

"No you don't." he said sternly as he turned to the assistant "You know her size?" he enquired.

She nodded discretely.

"Great, pick out some basic necessities and whatever is needed for the dresses we picked out earlier. Also add a few more of the swimwear. Maybe a few of those bikinis too and... nighties? Sleepwear? I don't know just pick and send." Hobi instructed.

She bowed and got to work.

Sua gawked at Hobi with her mouth hanging open.
Hobi shrugged "You should've picked it out yourself then." He checked the watch on his wrist. "We still have to go to the salon."

"What?" She asked exasperated.

"Jin-Hyung told me to take you to a salon. Apparently women have to go every few weeks? I don't know. I'm just following his instructions." Hobi said looking uncomfortable.

She sighed.

Once they had billed and sent the countless bags to their car, they headed to the salon.

"Now are you going to tell them what you need or do I have to interfere here as well?" Hobi asked.

"I'll do it." Sua replied.

"Good. We will be at the café right out front. Join us once you are done." Joon told her.

Hobi handed her a big shopping bag. "For you to change into." At her confused expression he said, "For the beach."

She took the bag from him and walked into the salon.

She was greeted warmly by the staff. Hobi came in behind her. He handed the cashier his black card. "Whatever she needs" he said jerking his chin in her direction.

The staff bowed at him.

"Bring the card with you when you're done Sua" he called back heading out of the salon.

~~~~~~~~~

An hour later she was scrubbed and waxed and groomed. They had even put concealer on her fading bruises so they weren't visible at all. She had gotten her hair trimmed and the stylist had suggested she get fringes.

She had changed into the clothes Hobi had handed to her. It was the swimsuit she had chosen along with a pretty white sun dress.

She looked in the mirror that lined the wall. Her new bangs fell over her forehead just above her eyes. With more longer bangs on the sides which framed her face. She was glad she had taken the suggestion, it made her face appear smaller, more feminine. The highlights in her hair made them look shinier and sun kissed. The dress was beautiful, the sweetheart neckline enhanced her cleavage yet the swimsuit underneath wasn't visible. It hugged her waist and flared out ending just above her knees. She twirled around staring at herself in the mirror. She loved it.

She collected the card from cashier at the front desk and walked out looking around until her eyes landed on the two brothers laughing in a cafè opposite the salon. She walked towards them.

"Hi." She called once she was within earshot.

They both did a double take when they saw her. She laughed. Namjoon stood up to greet her. "You look amazing." He said appreciatively.

"Yeah!" Hobi agreed. "We are going to have to fight men off at the beach. Man! I knew we should have brought our guns!!" He whined.

"Ssshhhh!" Sua put her hand on his mouth looking around.

"Oh Relax! No one heard me" he joked. "Lets get some food into you and then head to the beach."

They had a quick lunch and before they could leave Namjoon pulled another small bag out from his side.
"Just a little something for my little sister." He said pulling a box from the bag. He handed it to her.

Sua gently opened the box. It was a necklace. A very delicate piece with a sapphire pendant which had an intricate diamond studded S on it.

"Oh! I can't accept this Joonie. It must have cost you a fortune!" She croaked. Her throat dry.

"You are worth a lot more to me, Sua. This is just a small token of love and thanks."

"Thanks? I haven't done anything. I should be saying thank you to you. All of you." She replied.

"No Sua. The thanks is for the love you have brought into our home. You actually made that house into a home." He looked at her with such adoration in his eyes that it brought tears to hers. She hugged him.

"Yah! Where's mine?" Hobi asked from behind her.

She turned around and hugged him. "Thank you. Both of you." She sobbed.

"Why are you crying?" He asked worried.

"Happy tears" she smiled through the tears.

"Let me put this on you." Joon said.

Sua pulled away from Hobi as Joon placed the chain around her neck. She lifted her hair so he could fasten it. The sapphire felt cool against the bare skin at the base of her throat. She turned around to show it to him.

"Absolutely exquisite. Not as bright as your eyes. But still very beautiful." Joon said with feeling.

"Ah! Gomawoyo." She said tearing up again.

"Enough crying now." Hobi said "Let me see"

She turned around and he looked at it nodding in satisfaction.

"Let's go to the beach!" He said excitedly.

She smiled linking her arms through both of theirs feeling like the luckiest girl in the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They had been at the beach for nearly 2 hours. The sun was beginning to set over the horizon. Sua walked out of the water and towards the man casually lying on a blanket in the sand. He had his nose buried in a book.

She flopped down on the blanket near him.

"You should try going into the water. It's very refreshing. " She told him.

Namjoon looked up from his book. His sun glasses perched on his nose. His hair had escaped their stern hold and fallen over his forehead. His shirt was unbuttoned showing off the expanse of his wide chest and his chiseled abs. He chuckled, his dimples coming out to play.

A group of young girls passing by stopped to gawk at him. He winked and they all gasped at the same time, dissolving into a fit of giggles as they walked away.

"You are ruining young minds" she poked him in his side.

"Yah! They were staring at me." Joon said defensively.

He put his book down and sat up. "Where's Hobi?" He asked.

Sua pointed towards a couple talking coyly near the water. The girl was touching Hobi's waist eyeing him with obvious lust.

Joon chuckled. "Doesn't waste any time, that man"

Two girls out of the previous group had returned. One of them intentionally fell down in front of them with a soft scream. Namjoon quickly got up to help her.

"Are you alright? Did you hurt yourself?" He asked in concern.

"I-I think so." She replied timidly.

"You should carry her to her car, Joonie" Sua suggested tongue in cheek.

The girl couldn't control her blushing. Joon looked at her and Sua rolled her eyes.

"I'm sure she's fine." He said letting go of her. The girl stumbled slightly and Sua laughed immediately turning it into a cough. Namjoon wasn't fooled.

"Should I call one of the lifeguards then?" He asked the girl who was holding a leg up and her hands were all over him.

He looked at Sua who was barely holding back her laughter and clenched his teeth. The girl threw her arms around him "No, you should help me." She was almost clinging to him now.

Joon shot Sua a pleading look and she decided to show mercy. "Run along now girls. That man has to carry this woman to the water now." She raised her arms to Joon.

He stepped away from the girl and walked to Sua with a grin. The girls threw her a nasty look and walked away. He bent down and lifted Sua up in his arms, bridal style.

"You were having fun at my expense, huh?" He asked walking towards the water.

"What? I would never." She said with mock horror on her face.

He splashed the water as he walked in deeper and Sua squeaked as the cool water hit her heated skin. Once he was in thigh deep water, he unceremoniously dumped Sua in the water laughing loudly. Sua screamed and gurgled as she hit the water and disappeared under it.

As he turned around to walk back out Hobi slammed into him. His shoulder hitting Namjoon right in the solar plexus. They both fell into the water.

Sua had already scampered back on her feet. As soon as Joon rose out of the water sputtering, she started splashing him using both her hands. Hobi joined her. Joon tried to defend himself at first but gave up and stood still with his eyes closed until they stopped.

"I didn't want to get wet." He said through clenched teeth, water dripping down every edge of him.

Hobi and Sua broke out in giggles. Joon started walking out of the water awkwardly.

"There's sand in places I can't even mention." He said with irritation, ignoring the peals of laughter and giggles coming from behind him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jungkook's stomach grumbled for the third time in the last half an hour. He was hungry but he had to wait until everyone cleared out the kitchen. He didn't want to face anyone, he couldn't.

He had almost killed her, he thought. Though the thought of her having something to do with Song-i's disappearance had driven him temporarily insane, it didn't give him the excuse to harm her in any way. He hadn't wanted to kill her just scare her into telling him the truth but he'd gone too far in his rage.

Jimin had beaten him unconscious. He vaguely remembered him holding a gun to his head. He could have taken the shot but he hadn't. If Jungkook had been in his place and someone had assaulted the girl he loved, he wouldn't have hesitated to shoot, he thought bitterly. No matter who the person was. It was only Jimin's love for him that had saved him that night. Would this love be enough for him to understand why Jungkook had come in between them? That she didn't deserve someone as amazing as Jimin. That Sua was not as innocent as she seemed and had a dark past. And though everyone else had accepted her story as told by Jin hyung, Jungkook knew better.

Jin hyung had called them in and sternly warned them not to question Sua regarding anything that had happened. That she had already confided in him and he had accepted her story. He told them that she indeed knew Song-i, they had been friends and that Song-i had died helping her escape from captivity. The selfless act was so like Song-i that his heart ached for her. But she was gone and this time it was confirmed. Sua had seen it with her own eyes, he had told them. But how trustworthy was Sua? that was the question running through his mind and stealing his sleep. He knew better than to question her though not after hyung had personally spoken to him again warning him to stay away from her.

He walked to the kitchen. It was empty now and dark considering it was just past midnight. He opened the fridge and as expected there it was a bowl with a post it on it. His name 'Jungkook' was written on it in her neat handwriting. He brushed a finger over the note as he pulled the bowl out. This was what confused him. She didn't have to leave him food. But she did, every day. He opened the lid on the bowl peering inside. Pasta, he realised his mouth watering over the aroma drifting from the bowl. He placed the bowl inside the microwave to heat while he surfed through social media on his phone.

Sua entered the kitchen and her steps faltered as Jungkook looked up at her. His eyes hungrily wandered over her, drinking in her appearance. She was dressed in shorts and a white tshirt that was way too big for her. She had done something with her hair, he noticed. It made her look even more beautiful than she already was. He hadn't seen her in over two weeks and it shamed him to realise that he had in fact missed her.

"I just needed some water. I will be out of your hair in a second." She quickly moved to grab a glass.

Jungkook cleared his throat "Thanks for the food." He said gruffly.

She nodded which brought his eyes to her throat. The bruises still showed. They had lightened to a dull yellowish purple colour but were still very visible. Guilt and shame assaulted him. He stood up and took a step closer to her. She immediately took a step back, her eyes widening.

He recoiled at the horror in the blue depths of her eyes and backed off completely.

Namjoon and Jin walked into the kitchen at that moment.

"Yah! What had I told you, punk?" He asked Jungkook.

"I'm sorry I was just......." Jungkook hung his head.

Sua looked at Namjoon who seemed tense.

"Joonie, Is Yoongi back yet?" She asked quietly.

"No."

"But he hasn't been home in five days and no one wants to answer my questions. Please just tell me he's ok." She begged.

"Look, this wouldn't be the first time he's been gone without a word for over extended periods of time, Sua." Jin told her.

"But he would have told me." She muttered quietly to herself.

"Yes. He would have. He wouldn't want to worry you. That is what I'm worried about. I think he might be in trouble." Namjoon replied his brows furrowed with worry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n: Yo what's up readers!!!! Did you like the double update?

Where do you think Yoongi is? Bring on the theories.

Translations:
Ja mae: Sister
Ahjussi: Sir
Gomawoyo: Thank you.

I am planning to turn this into a series and write 7 books in all starring all the members. What do you think?

Exciting new chapter coming soon.

Love,
Writeria29
22.03.2023

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.7K 1.9K 29
Mavis and Lucy Heartfilia are new students at Fairy Tail High. They easily become popular but not just because of their straight A grades. But what p...
3.4K 204 21
How difficult will it be to end the cursed that is coming from your forefathers? have any idea.....tell me? Hello guys.... I'm again with my new stor...
3.7K 55 4
In the starting , the story will be like normal stories ,but after some episode it would be inappropriate for some people and under 18 age so if you...
166K 10.6K 11
❝Thank you for making me a little less lonely.❞ - In which a depressed soldier falls for a prostitute. Romance/Tragedy - Started : 11.11.17 Finished...