Escaping from terror - Leon K...

By LisaScottKennedy

[Butler's Daughter Series] [BOOK 3] After joining the American government, Lucia trains to become a, she hope... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 - END
The new book is out!

Chapter 5

259 15 1
By LisaScottKennedy

As the landscape passed before my eyes, I felt soothed as I was beside Leon.

He drove calmly, his left arm on the steering wheel, he let his right arm next to the gear lever while I decided to research how to turn on the radio.

"Leon, how does this thing work?" I asked as he turned it on instantly by pressing the button, leaving me speechless as he let out a faint smile.

"Pffft. I still can't adapt to technology." I sulked as he wrapped my hand in his, which was warm.

"Don't worry, you'll get used to it."

I sighed, as I looked at him vaguely.

Sometimes I wonder if the questions I have about him are normal or not.

I don't know much about him, but I never know where to start...

I winced slightly.

The only thing I know is that he was in Raccoon City...

Maybe I should try to get him to talk with me?

"Everything okay?" Leon asked as I jumped in surprise, noticing he was slightly paying attention to me.

I bit my lip.

"When do you go back to work?" I asked him, in a hesitant tone.

He narrowed his eyes for a slight moment. 

"Monday, if I don't get called before." He replied as I looked at the calendar on my phone.

But... It's Thursday!!

I took my head in my hands for a moment, trying to think of an alternative.

I already know he's just going to drop me off at home and come back after, but...

Since we've been dating, all we've done is eat out and go for coffee, but never more...

I can even count on the fingers of my hand the number of times we kissed...!

"Leon, say..." I began to mumble as he seemed not to hear me.

I pouted.

"Leon...?" I began to repeat, a bit annoyed by his non-response. 

"Yes?" He asked as he sighed.

I looked at him strangely. 

"Sorry..." I ended up apologizing.

He calmly let go of my hand.

I looked away, deciding to pay attention to the road instead of him.

"Sorry, I'm just-"

My phone rang, cutting Leon right in the middle of his sentence.

I gave him a look, slightly embarrassed as I picked up. 

It was Will.

"Hi Lucy, I just got out of the exam. Are you okay?" I could hear Will ask as I looked away from Leon, wanting to hide the awkwardness from him as I remembered. 

The fact that this... guy grabbed me by the wrist...!

"I'm okay. I think I'm just a little tired..."

I heard him sigh on the other end of the line.

"Yes, but still. Why didn't you tell me? That they were harassing you, I mean?" He asked as I quickly covered my eyes, feeling them burn a bit. 

I let out a silent, but crying whisper. 

"Will, I can't talk about it right now..."

I heard him sigh once again.

"You want to meet?" He asked directly as I glanced at Leon, who gave me a quick look as continued to drive.

He must be curious...

"S-sorry, I'm already with someone right now... Tomorrow?" I asked, feeling my insides writhe with embarrassment as I felt like Leon was more and more staring at me. 

"Okay! Tomorrow, then. I'm counting on you." Will replied as I hurried to hang up, letting out a faint nervous laugh right after when I saw that Leon continued to stare at me, his eyebrows slightly furrowed.

"W-what." I quickly asked as I noticed that we had gone off the road to park.

"Is there something you didn't tell me?" He finally asked as my mouth opened in exasperation.

What am I going to tell him??

"I-I don't think so?" I replied quickly as I instinctively covered my arm. 

He closed his eyes for a slight moment, the rest of his face tensing up as my heart beat faster and faster at the thought that he might be mad at me. 

"Leon...?"

As I stared at him, slightly confused, he quickly grabbed my arm, which made me betray myself as I winced in pain for a microsecond.

Obviously, this microsecond was already enough for him to notice it. 

"Care to tell me what happened?" He asked as I tried to pull my arm away from him, which ended up hurting even more as he put his strength into it.

"Leon, let go of my arm, please..." I began to cry as he instantly let go of it, letting out a sigh that said way too much.

He quickly ran his hand through his hair while I hurried to hide my arm from his sight.

"Show me."

Is he going to scold me...?

I gave him a death stare as I slightly backed off, curling up in a ball as he raised his brows, blinking several times in misunderstanding.

"I won't hurt you, so just show me your arm." He asked once again, his tone being more considerate this time.

I sighed, calmly pouting as I rolled up my sleeve, showing him my arm from afar.

His azure eyes passed from my arm to my face as the rest of his face seemed to not be pleased by the view as his brows immediately went down.

"See? There's nothing to worry about..." I whispered, trying to flash a smile as I saw him shake his head in refusal, turning on the gas immediately. 

I scratched my neck. 

"Leon? What are you..." I began to ask as he sighed, slightly closing his eyes after he looked at my arm once again.

I made sure my seatbelt was put on as he just went back to driving. 

"We're going to the hospital."

...?

I tilted my head, feeling like there was no way he would change what he just decided just now.

"I don't want to." I complained as I watched him sigh.

Is he really... Angry at me, right now?

I ended up inspecting my left arm, trying to reassure myself for a minute.

But it was a bit worse than expected: one of the wounds seemed to have re-opened, as blood had stained the bandages Kyle had made for me the day before.

I bit my lip.

I have to clean the wound before we get there...

I let out a sigh as I searched for the disinfectant in my bag, determined to start fixing this problem by myself.

But Leon quickly gave me a poke on the shoulder, shaking his head in refusal as he grabbed my hand, trapping it in his.

I somehow ended up regretting it.

If only this bastard hadn't jumped on me, two days ago...

I pouted and lightly patted him on the shoulder, a bit bothered by the situation.

Now that I had begun to pay attention to it, it pretty much started to hurt, since the pain was something I had always learned to ignore.

But now that I got everyone, including my boyfriend worried, I had started to get quite worried too.

"You didn't tell me how it happened." Leon asked. 

I looked away for a second, trying to find a brief explanation for something I didn't really understand.

"A freak jumped on me with a knife, two days ago..." I began to tell as I tried to remember the scene.

Wasn't it when I went to the city to look for some drawing supplies? 

But it was in the middle of the night, so I didn't even remember why I got attacked in the first place.

All I knew was that it happened in a remote street and that I forgot the pencils I had just bought. 

I cleared my throat.

"Well, I kinda beat the crap out of him, called an ambulance for him afterward... B-Because he had stroked his head on one of the walls, and, uh... Yeah." I added, slightly nervous as I watched Leon nod. 

"So, you ran away." He stated as I calmly nodded, a bit ashamed.

"Y-you gotta understand, I just didn't want to end with a criminal record... And all I did is put myself out of danger! I swear! "I justified as he shook his head, a slight grin appearing on his lips.

"Sure."

As I noticed he relaxed a little, I instantly covered my mouth afterward when I realized I had done something quite dumb.

God... Did I just tell a government agent that I've committed a hit and run??

I quickly turned my head towards him, a bit panicked.

"What are you even thinking about?" He quickly said as I gasped.

"Isn't this supposed to be your job, to, like... To stop people from doing illegal stuff?" I asked once again as he nodded in refusal.

"Not anymore." He replied as his gaze seemed to have lost its shine for a few seconds. 

?

But then, the corners of his mouth rose.

"Wait, don't tell me...?" He began to ask as my eyes widened in confusion.

What does he...

Then, when he rose one of his eyebrows, his icy blue eyes locking with mine, I felt my whole face warm up as I understood.

"H-hey, you started this on your own!!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.9K 1.1K 32
I thought I'd conquered my fears-mastered the darkness that wrapped its claws around my throat all those years ago, but here we are. Shrieks and crie...
375K 10.4K 41
☆~°Together in Darkness°~☆ ☆~°Leon Kennedy X Reader°~☆ ~°☆°~ (Y/N) Ortega was a normal person, they're living with their best friend in Raccoon City...
28.9K 671 14
[Butler's Daughter Series] [BOOK 1] In this alternate universe of Resident Evil 4, there was a survivor of the Los Illuminados invasion. Daughter of...
4.5K 151 14
Agent Sophia Black, assigned to protect her best friend, the President's daughter Ashley Graham, encounters a daunting situation as their trip from A...