Out of Nowhere (Rindou x read...

بواسطة ryo_sukuna

Haitani Rindo. One half of the infamous Haitani brothers. The despicable siblings that rule over Roppongi. Th... المزيد

| Before we Begin |
[ Prologue ]
Chapter 1: Habits
Chapter 2: Nonsense
Chapter 3: All the Things I Hate about You
Chapter 4: Sick of You
Chapter 5: Reflections
Chapter 6: Hate Me
Chapter 7: Fight Back
Chapter 8: Meddle About
Chapter 9: Car's Outside
Chapter 10: Light Switch
Chapter 11: Ceilings
Chapter 12: Exile
Chapter 13: Lunchbox Friends
Chapter 14: Just Pretend
Chapter 15: W.D.Y.W.F.M?
Chapter 16: What a Perfect Day for Crying
Chapter 17: Double Take
Chapter 18: Bags
Chapter 19: I Wanna be Yours
Chapter 20: Bad Idea!
Chapter 21: War of Hearts
Chapter 22: I Wanna be your Girlfriend
Chapter 23: Those Eyes
Chapter 24: Lavender and Velvet
Chapter 25: Stay
Chapter 26: I'm Yours
Chapter 27: As it Was
Chapter 28: Yes to Heaven
Chapter 29: Cinnamon
Chapter 30: Are you Bored Yet?
Chapter 31: We Fell in Love in October
Chapter 32: Video Games
Chapter 33: My Boy
Chapter 34: I Love You So
Chapter 35: Elephant in the Room
Chapter 36: The Way You Felt
Chapter 37: Wannabe
Chapter 39: Afraid
Chapter 40: R.I.P. 2 my Youth
Chapter 41: Drown
Chapter 42: So My Darling
Chapter 43: Someone to Stay
Chapter 44: Only
Chapter 45: Cinnamon Girl
Chapter 46: Love & War
Chapter 47: Therefore You and Me
[ Epilogue ]
Fun facts + Q&A
- Headcanon: Cute Scenarios <3 -
| We've Come to an End |

Chapter 38: Broken Hearted

4.3K 230 23
بواسطة ryo_sukuna

"What... are you doing here?"

—~—

Third Person POV

(E/c) met hazel— and boy— was one more pissed than the other.

Fury. It was fury that fueled each of the (h/c)-nette's steps. As soon as the two made eye contact with each other from across the room, (y/n) did not hesitate to stomp towards her target. She was ready to cause a scene and risk her fashion career in a mere few minutes.

"You fu—!"

"(L/n)-san!" A female voice interrupted in feigned surprise accompanied with a nervous chuckle, "What a surprise to see you here..."

"Mina," an older woman uttered authoritatively next to the younger brunette. They shared similar features so one can assume they're related, "Who's this?"

"A-Ah, this is a friend of mine from the home ec club," Mina, the younger sister of Ogawa Niki, spoke hesitantly. As soon as (y/n) looked like she was about to tell her off— or even punch her, for all she knows— she already wrapped her arm around the (h/c)-nette's, "Wah, we have so much to catch up on, (l/n)-san! I'll go talk with her over there, okaa-san."

"Let go—!" The enraged female exclaimed until Mina leaned closer to her ear.

"Quiet," she commanded and discreetly glanced to her mother, "They'll kick you out in a heartbeat."

However, the other wasn't planning on listening. (Y/n)'s mouth sputtered insults and shouts that Mina quickly pulled her out of there. Her mother and other well-known designers looked at the two in confusion, but the younger Ogawa sent a reassuring smile their way as she dragged the (y/h) girl to a less populated area.

"Let go of me already!" (Y/n) shouted and the brunette obliged as soon as they were out of eyesight, "Why the fuck are you here, Ogawa Mina?!"

Abruptly, said female bowed apologetically but it appeared more forced, if anything, "I'm sorry, okay? I'll explain everything to you, but you need to get out of here."

"Huh?! No the hell I'm not!" the (h/c)-haired girl exclaimed and Mina had to cover her mouth. (Y/n) slapped her hand away and narrowed her eyes threateningly, "Enlighten me right now with why you plotted to kill Rindo then had the audacity to disappear without a trace?"

"Kill...?" She knitted her brows in confusion before shaking her head and desperately pleading with her hazel eyes for her to leave the place quietly, "Look, if you're here because of the teen fashion competition, you need to go. This is my way to make amends for the past so—"

"Ogawa Mina, explain before I punch you in the nose and cause a scene myself," the (h/c)-haired girl spoke with so much serious intent that the other exhaled loudly in frustration, "I don't care what happens in the competition, I want to know why you almost killed my boyfriend."

"You guys are dating now? That was unexpected," Mina commented to herself but snapped out of it after noticing (y/n)'s glare, "Fine, I'll talk just... don't cause a commotion."

"That depends on how well I'll take your answer," the (h/c)-nette spoke to which the other sighed in response, but figured that was the best she could get.

"I don't know how much you know or heard from that time..." she started, her voice increasing in agitation than it was apologetic, "But my father was a Yakuza boss and my older brother worked under him. My parents separated a long time ago so I'm not really under that line of work and I'm not associated with my father or brother often... but I still see Niki at school and we're 'siblings' so I just listen to whatever he tells me to. He said he wanted vengeance since Haitani Rindo destroyed his faction and... I didn't know he was going to kill him."

(Y/n) gritted her teeth and closed her eyes to compose herself. As much as she wanted to be angry at her, she could tell Mina didn't know and that was evident from the time on the rooftop. (Y/n) remembered hearing Mina say that she didn't want to be more involved than spying on her, but that doesn't negate the fact that she was involved at all.

"I know it was cowardly of me, but I forced my brother to live with my mom and I in Shibuya to get out of your hair. It's not an apology but it was the best way to bail my brother out and leave you two alone for good," the brunette explained and crossed her arms in the process, "But now you're here... Listen, I'm willing to apologize and make amends. I'll even talk or let the Haitani brothers beat me shitless for everything my brother has caused... agh—! What I'm trying to say..."

She trailed off as (y/n) rose a brow and stared at her as if she's crazy. The hell is she trying to get at?

"You weren't apart of their mess and... you're a good person. I feel guilty," Mina huffed, "Because of that, I don't want you to be involved in this— with my mother. I'm sure you probably heard of her, Hirose Kasumi."

The (e/c)-eyed girl blinked. That woman earlier... was one of her role models? The reason her style and technique came about? Her inspiration to pursue fashion in the first place?

Mina stared at the awestruck expression before sighing in realization, "So you do... Don't be fooled by her, though. She's not what she seems. She's the one person I fear the most— even more than my father or brother. That's why I want you out of here while you still can."

At that, the (y/h) girl furrowed her brows in confusion, "What do you mean?"

"She's a professor here at Bunka and wants to save face and make me the next heir to her name," the hazel-eyed female said, "She's the one who suggested today's event so she can introduce me to the other professors."

"Which reminds me," (y/n) interjected, "When you were at club, I thought you didn't know how to sew?"

"I don't really," Mina responded and glanced over to the older female faking politeness in the distance, "Again, it's just to show off. The actual competition itself, I think will all be my mom's work and I have to pretend that it was mine."

"That's unfair. Do you even want to do this?" (Y/n) questioned and the anger she felt earlier sparked and rekindled to a flame once more.

"No, of course I don't. Don't you understand? I'm terrified of my mother for a reason," Mina spoke, the volume of her voice increasing in intensity, "She will do anything to get her way. She sabotaged her way to get where she's at now— she married a Yakuza boss, for heaven's sake! There's no hesitation that she won't outright hurt you. Unlike the other people here, I feel sorry for what I did and I want to make it up to you—"

"If you feel sorry, you should let me deal with this on my own and you should go apologize to Rindo," the (h/c)-nette spat venomously, "You told me you're not apart of this competition, your mom is. So I'm competing against her, not you."

"Dammit, (l/n), what don't you get? She's willing to hurt you, even go as far as ruining your future career! Stop being so prideful and protect yourself. I'm trying to help."

"You sound a lot like, Rindo, you know that?" (Y/n) crossed her arms. The scenario strangely felt like déjà vu when Rindo warned her not to anger his brother so long ago, "It seems like you're not listening to me. I don't fucking care, let me get hurt. Even if I lose, even if I can't pursue my dreams anymore, that is up to me."

With one final glare, the (y/h) teen turned and began to walk away. However, she stopped to glance over her shoulder at the brunette.

"For all the wrongdoings you've done to me, I can live and forget about it. What I won't forgive is what you and your brother has done to Rindo," she muttered in contempt, "If you want to apologize, come with me after this is all over so you can apologize to him. I'll see you then, Ogawa Mina."

And she left— leaving a dumbstruck, guilt-filled teen to her own devices.

|—~•~—|

The event itself was rather okay. The professors came by when she was finally next in line and took the time to critique and compliment (y/n)'s work. They pointed out how they loved the technicalities of her sewing and such, but mentioned that it was lacking some sort of creative aspect, to which she agreed. That was always something she felt was absent time and time again.

She was rather hopeful when Mina's mother, Hirose Kasumi, came by— living on a small amount of false hope that what the younger Ogawa sibling said was a lie— but felt disappointed when her role model simply nodded at her drawings. No words were spoken, and instead, was given a small smile of politeness her way. The one act alone didn't confirm the rumor, although, (y/n) saw what Mina was coming from.

After her time was done, the (h/c)-nette was allowed to roam around, socialize, and see what else the event has to offer. A showcase caught her eye where alumni and current students showed off their assignments and projects, allowing future enrollees to know what what was expected out of them.

'Woah...' (y/n) thought as she walked down the aisles of artwork and outfits displayed on dress form mannequins, 'The color choices, the accents, the details... Amazing...'

She paused, unknowingly stopping at a student's station. Her smile fell and a frown soon replaced it once she took in her surroundings. Suddenly, the professors critiques rang in her mind that her work was not expressive enough— that it was missing some sort of ingenuity.

(Y/n) was remind of her sister... She was not talented enough—

"Hi, I noticed you keep coming to my station," an older female piped up from behind the showcase table and the younger one pulled herself back to reality, "Do you perhaps have any questions?"

"A-Ah," the (e/c)-eyed girl stammered out of embarrassment from being caught, "I just really admire your work. Everyone here is so creative and think outside of the box... Your style caught my eye, it's the type I aspire to have one day."

Abruptly, the college student let out a hearty chuckle and the high school teen was taken aback. Was that wrong of her to say?"

"I appreciate it but..." she trailed off with a smile that (y/n) didn't know how to discern. It seemed content? Like she was at peace with something, "I don't think it's too commemorable. Are you a third year, by chance?"

"No, I'm a first year in high school..."

"Then here's a tip. You can take it or leave it, that's up to you," she said with a grin, "You have plenty of time, don't strive to be somebody else. Take inspiration, sure, but your work is special. Don't leave it behind to grab something that's not yours."

"Thank you..." (y/n) trailed off, albeit a bit confused with the advice.

"Sorry about the sudden pep talk, but if you want to apply to this school, you need to rid the mindset of aspiring to be like someone else," she explained with that same smile that the younger girl couldn't explain, "Everyone that got accepted to this school lost that idea a long time ago. I hope that will help you when applying."

"It does," the (h/c)-haired female replied despite not fully understanding what she meant, "Thank you again."

The college student bid her goodbye and (y/n) proceeded to view the other stations, but she couldn't stop thinking about what the older female said. Those words seemed plain as day, it was obvious, no? Why would she say something like that if that was the case? I guess it doesn't have to be taken so seriously and can be seen as an upperclassman giving any old words of encouragement, but the teenaged girl couldn't help but feel that it was more than that.

'Of course I love my work,' (y/n) thought, 'I would never abandon it so why...? Ah, whatever. She was just trying to give some helpful tips for applying.'

Yeah, that was it.

|—~•~—|

A couple of hours went by before the event ended and (y/n) and Mina awkwardly stood outside of the college, waiting for Haitani Rindo to come pick her up. No words were exchanged— thank god— but the tension was suffocating and both wanted out. Fortunately, Rindo strolled by with a couple of shopping bags and a visible look of puzzlement adorning his face.

"Hey, did you make a friend?" The violet-eyed boy questioned and the two girls snapped their heads at him in an incredulous manner.

"We're not friends!" They shouted in unison whilst he brought his hands up like a surrender.

"A'ight, a'ight, you don't have to yell. It was just a question," he spoke as the two huffed, crossed their arms, and glanced the other direction. Rindo sighed. It was going to be a long day, "So who are you?"

(Y/n) turned to the brunette and tilted her head towards the blonde, "Explain."

"I'm Ogawa Mina and I came to apologize for everything my brother and I had done to you," Mina bowed and Rindo quirked a brow in confusion. He looked over to an exasperated (y/n) who just redirected his attention back to the remorseful female, "I didn't know he was planning on killing you that day, but I know that doesn't mean anything. That's all I wanted to say."

"Oh you're that bastard's sister," Rindo spoke in recollection of what she was talking about. His expression morphed into indifference and it was rather terrifying to be in his presence, "As far as I'm concerned, you didn't hit me over the head with a stick nor beat me unconscious, so I don't care about that. Although..."

The younger Haitani peered over to his girlfriend with a knowing look. (Y/n) already got the message with a slight nod of her head.

"Yeah, I wanted to leave for a bit anyways," she stated, "I'll be over there."

The (h/c)-nette pointed to an area just a bit of ways from where they were at so she would be just out of earshot. A mixture of exhaustion, anger, and agitation were put in every step she took as she walked away from the two.

Mina, on the other hand, was terrified. She did say she was expecting be beat up on her brother's behalf, but it was a horrifying experience nonetheless. Thus, the hazel-eyed girl shut her eyes close and waited for impact.

"Oi, where's your brother?" Rindo asked and Mina hesitantly looked up at him.

"I don't know... He's barely home after we moved here to Shibuya," she replied and he clicked his tongue in irritation.

"Fucking asshole. Letting his sister apologize for threatening me and (y/n)," the infamous delinquent sneered in disgust, "Speaking of which, did you ask her for her forgiveness?"

"What?" Mina questioned.

"(Y/n). Did you apologize to her?" Rindo clarified like it was the most obvious thing he could've said, "I don't care what you did or didn't do to me. I care about what would've happened to my girlfriend. Because you got involved, that brother of yours was planning on using her as a hostage and almost killed her."

"O-Oh right. I did apologize," Mina responded. She was going to say more but decided not to.

'They said the same thing...' the brown-haired female pondered in realization, 'They didn't care about what happened to them. They wanted to protect each other and their safety.'

"Then that's all I need to know," Rindo dismissively uttered and began to head over to (y/n) who had her eyes closed and leaned her back against the building, "Just don't interfere with our lives again or I won't be so merciful next time."

As he went to walk away, Mina spoke up, "Wait!"

The blonde boy turned around with a questioning glare, his eyes narrowed in wonderment as his brow was quirked up.

"I really do feel bad and because of that... I want (l/n) (y/n) to back out of the fashion competition," Mina said and Rindo was about to tell her off, offended on behalf of his girlfriend, "Let me explain. My mother is a powerful figure in the fashion industry and wants me to take her place. She will do anything— anything— to make me win that contest... (l/n) (y/n) may never be able to continue in design if she joins."

There was a small pause before Rindo bursted out in laughter and Mina stared at him in absolute bewilderment. That wasn't meant to be funny. Doesn't he care about her?!

"Let me guess, you told (y/n) that and she didn't listen?" The violet-eyed boy asked with an amused grin and she slightly nodded her head. He only laughed more, "God, thats fucking hilarious."

"Why... why are you laughing?! I'm being serious!" The hazel-eyed girl exclaimed, "She may seriously get hurt and not only unable to apply to Bunka, but pursue fashion in general!"

"My girlfriend is stubborn as hell," Rindo spoke, a proud smirk plastered widely on his face, "I learned that the hard way. There's no point in trying to convince her. Thanks for the warning, though."

And with that, he walked away with a wave of his hand, ready to show (y/n) the clothes he got for himself and the food he bought for her. Mina, for the second time that day, was left stupefied at their idiocy.

Rindo smiled to himself as he approached the (y/h) girl muttering something under her breath. He shook his head and placed a chaste kiss on her cheek to wake her up. She nearly smacked the living hell out of him, but he luckily dodged while she was cursing out his entire existence.

"So, did you become a fashion designer yet?" He inquired and she momentarily calmed down before a knowing grin emerged.

"I essentially am one."

—~—

Author's note: Just a consensus, what would you have done if you were in (y/n)'s position? I know not everyone will agree so I wanted to know your thoughts :3

Anyways, take care and see you in the next chapter :)

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

356K 16.6K 84
Playgirl of Shibuya clash with Rulers of Roppongi "You know you are mine right? I'll eliminate anyone who dares to get close to you" -Ran Haitani "Fo...
214K 4.8K 75
A series of short stories and oneshots for Tokyo Revenger characters. Book 1 A mix of angst, smutt, fluff and just random thoughts that come into my...
172K 6.4K 62
X Fem readers ˚ · . 𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗣𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗗 . · ˚ TW: Violence / Mature / Drugs / Profanities / Sexual violence etc. [read at your own risk] Y/n, the h...