Seven (R.L)

By freddiemercuyscat

For as long as Remus can remember he's had a hard life. Constant monthly mutilations of his skin, a absent fa... More

INTRO-CAST
ERAS OF SEVEN
A+R
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
note
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
1k
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59

8

1.3K 42 23
By freddiemercuyscat

CHAPTER 5 (part one)
TEA LEAF DIVINATION

"I can't believe we're getting points for drinking tea and trying to see shapes at the bottom." Marlene giggles out looking to her left at Ana.

"I know! Look at this.." Anastasia looked down at the hefty divination textbook. "If you see circles it means you will be receiving an expensive gift." The table of Marlene, Anastasia and Lily erupted in fits of laughter.

August had come and passed and now September was coming to a finish. Their fifth year was passing by faster then imaginable and the stress was high with the daunting OWL's at the end of the school year. Luckily the class of divination seemed to be a calmant with only two assignments being given to them in the two months, one on finding out your aura and now this. Being given tea in class and asked to drink it. The fifth years could see their end of exam test now, probably some project about opening your third eye.

"Lily I think this is an apple which means..... 'Academic fortune you will do well on your exams' pfffft I could have told you that. '' Marlene held Lily's cup trying to decipher the muddled loose leafs. Lily tried to be humble in the smile growing on her face.

After the class had finished drinking their tea. Trelawney asked them to put their glasses upside down, spin them three times, and give a tap on the top allowing some of the leaves to fall onto the plate. Then switch with your partners at your table and try to find symbols in their cups.

"Marlene, I think you've tapped yours too hard, all the tea bits have fallen out." Anastasia put down the empty cup.

Lily scoffed seeing Marlene pout at not being able to see her fortune. "I don't see how looking at tea leaves could show us anything." Unfortunately Lily's attempt at making Marlene feel better was rather loud, she had also failed to notice Trelawney passing by their table that very moment.

"Well Miss Evans lets see if you obtain the skills to perform a reading. Let me guess you have Miss Fox's cup." The young teacher had caught the attention of most of the class. More noticeably the four boys sitting in front of them all craned their bodies around to watch.

Lily's head reeled back, offended at the teacher's words. Of course she could do this make believe act. "Yes, it's Ana's."

"Tell me the symbols you see in Miss Fox's reading. There are quite a few." Trelawney only took a glance at the cup looking as if she already understood everything the glass had to offer.

Lily's flustered expression was unmasked, straightening her back looking down at the cup. " Well, I think that's a flower?" Her statement came out more as a question, rare in the confident girl's usual replies to her professors questions.

"Yes... and what does that intel?" Trelawney continues.

Lily notices the class watching her causing her discomposed state to increase feeling unprepared in what felt like an interrogation. She head shot down to her text book. "Um... Productivity."

"Yes, in some cases but if you look closer there are more than one flower. A bouquet. Meaning a happy marriage. Do you see anything else Miss Evans?" Trelawney continued not accepting any of Lily's answers as good. Though this statement did receive a smile from Anastasia.

"Not really" Lily hoped her admission of defeat would get the young teacher, very passionate in her work, to get off her case.

"Mmm... I can see a distinct raven, extreme loss in your life." Ana's smirked turned to a frown quite comically. "And a bridge, what does that mean Miss Evans?" Trelawney encouraged Lily more only wanting her students to appreciate the art of divination.

Lily sighed, staring back at the textbook reading word for word her boring tone only getting softer at the last part of the sentence. "A pleasant journey, with an unfortunate end."

"Very good." Trewlaney gives her a warm smile, taking the cup out of Lily's hand and handing it back to Anastasia. "Here Miss Fox, your last symbol here." She pointed down to a corner of the cup, her voice lowering much more only within the earshot of the girls sitting at the table. "It is for love, sex, romance." Marlene burst out laughing Anastasia's face got hot, elbowing her blonde and ginger friends as they tried to contain their laughter.

"Hey, professor. Why does Lily, me, Remus, and Sirius all have the same three marks?" James asked, grabbing the attention of the teacher pointing to the three lines all displayed in the named cups. Peter would have had the marks too if he hadn't done the same thing as Marlene.

"Good eyes, Mister Potter. It means long travel, possibly all together. Whose cup do you hold?" Trewlaney looked into the cup held loosely in James' hand.

"Remus's."

"And what do you see?" Trelawney moved to face the boys who were still stretched in their seats to face the girls.

"A cross, and maybe a bird, there's two other shapes. I can't tell right now what they are though." James replied. His imagination full and easily able to find shapes in the muddy loose leaves.

"Ahh, you posses a talent mister Potter. A cross and a dove, what does that mean class?" Trelawney asked the students.

"A dove means you will receive affection soon." Anastasia responds, looking at Remus, following his gaze landing on the girl at the sound of her voice.

"A cross means great trials and suffering in your life. Sorry Moony." Sirius patted Remus' back pulling him out of his dazed gaze on Anastasia. Remus didn't seem to care for the cryptic meaning of his life displayed through a cross.

"10 points to Gryffindor. Thank you Miss Fox and Mister Black. The two other symbols are a closed book. You hold a big secret that could result in conflict." This caught Remus's attention however so much so he turned his body back to the front of the class, his head hung. "And a bouquet almost identical to Miss Fox's"

Remus felt giddy, childish now. Sure he was a rational person and never let his mind wander into considering the practices so unfactual as divination. But it felt like a penny being put in his fountain of love for Anastasia, being told their symbols had matched.

-

"What have I got Sirius?" James asked eager, in the fortune being unfolded throughout this class period.

"You've got a triangle with a heart in it.... James! You cheeky bastard. You are torn between two." James scowled at this. He was the least likely person to be involved in a love triangle. He was more loyal than the most stereotypical hufflepuff, he would never.

"And a dog or maybe a cat. Professor, what do you think it is?" Sirius having no trouble calling the attention of his instructor.

"A Fox!" Trelawney's eyes seemed to grow despite the already magnified look from her one inch thick glasses.

"Treachery on the part of a friend. Be aware of who you spend your time with." Her voice turned grave and more serious than the usual light dramatic one. Everyone in the class's eyes took their attention to the dirty blonde sharing the same surname as the named figure.

"Just because my last name is Fox doesn't mean I'm the fox." Anastasia exclaimed and that seemed like enough for the class to lose their stuck gaze on her.

"Why do Annie and Remus get to be happily married, and I am betrayed and in a love triangle." James grumbled crossing his arms and turning to face the front room, his back straightening out. His words caused Anastasia and Remus's skin to feel warm. The way he had said it was as if the two were predicted to be married to each other.

"Remus! Remus! What's mine?" Sirius asked.

"You've got a... house so you'll have a happy home in the future. And circles together? No, a chain so binding in your life, and cause it's long you will be binded for long?" Remus hadn't been as gifted in the reading of the loose leaf, only trying his best to match the shapes he did see to the illustrations in the textbook.

"Kinky."

Authors Note:

Guys this is my least fav chapter and the shortest I think :/. Idk it was fun to plan (I actually had a lot more that was gonna be added but I didn't because of how I hated writing it). Honestly it just wasn't a lot of movement but I wanted to have this part. I think I will revisit it soon but I wanted to get it out. PART TWO IS GONNA BE GREAT. Hogsmeade chapter and it'll be funny yayyy. The chapter I am most excited for is the halloween chapter its gonna be so good ahhh.

Also to my first vote thank you!!! It gave me so much motivation. Thank you!!!

Date posted: March 19th

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 87 17
Its been two years since the marauders have graduated. James and Lily are married with a baby on the way, and Sirius and Peter are very busy with th...
12.5K 561 15
Two boys. One with a supposedly perfect nerdy life and living out his college years in a flat he shares with his two best friends, astronomy PhD and...
57.8K 2.1K 53
PAUSED ❝I do love you so much that I crave you more than you'll ever know. I crave you in the same way the stars crave the moon. The stars need the m...
165K 6.1K 33
All Alanna Harpshire wants is to finish her schooling years with good grades and a few great friends. She has everything planned out and knows exactl...