FOREVER • S.ROGERS

By hansbroekman

In which an Asgardian Goddess finds a Brooklyn Soldier, and they fall in love. ''I love you.'' ''I love you t... More

CAST
ACT I
[01]
[02]
[03]
[04]
[05]
ACT II
[07]
[08]
[09]
[10]
[11]
[12]
ACT III
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
ACT IV
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
ACT V
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
ACT VI
[33]
[34]
[35]
[36]
[37]
[38]
JAMES SAMUAL LOKI ROGERS
[39]
SARAH FRIGGA REBECCA ROGERS
JOSEPH ODIN NICHOLAS ROGERS
ACT VII
[40]
[41]
[42]
[43]
[EPILOGUE]

[06]

3K 89 13
By hansbroekman

FREYA TRIES TO CALM HER BREATHING as she waits for any type of signal of Steve. She starts to think about the odds of her boyfriend not making it out alive. The Goddess' heart beats even fast, if that's even possible, and her palms starts sweating.

Freya's head shoots up when she hears the Captains voice through comms, talking to Jim Morita.

''Captain Rogers, what is you-'' Morita starts but Freya cuts him off by shoving him aside quickly.

''Steve, is that you?'' the Goddess exclaims as she sits down. ''Frey, Schmidt's dead!'' Steve yells back.

''Are you alright?'' Freya quickly asks. ''I'm fine!'' Steve counters back, making the Goddess let out a breath of relieve. ''And what about the plane?'' she asks.

''That's a bit tougher to explain.'' Steve replies hesitantly. ''All right, give me your coordinates. I'll find you a safe landing site.''

''There's not gonna be a safe landing. But I can try and force it down.'' the Captain replies sadly as he looks around the plane.

''No, no, wait. I-I'll get Howard on the line, he'll know what to do!'' Freya says with a nervous chuckle.

''There's not enough time!'' Rogers says. ''This things moving too fast. It's got bombs on board and it's heading for New York.'' he continues, making Freya's stomach twist.

''I gotta put her in the water.''

''Please, Stevie, don't do this. We have time, we can work this out!'' the Goddess counters back as a lump starts forming in her throat.

''Right now I'm in the middle of nowhere. If I wait any longer, a lot people are going to die.''

Freya stays silent, stressfully weighing her options as she oh-so-desperately tries to find a solution. ''Frey..'' Steve speaks softly.

''I'm here. I'm always here, hero.'' Freya replies sadly as a single tear escapes her eye. ''This is my choice, doll.'' Rogers sighs.

Steve quickly grabs his compass, putting it up on the desk board and smiling slightly when he meets Freya's eyes in the picture.

''I'm sorry I can never give you what I promised.'' Steve says as he sadly looks down, making a sob escape Freya's lips.

Ah, yes. His promise. Just yesterday, when life was easy and carefree, Steve and Freya had talked about their future.

The Goddess had told him about her parents forcing her to marry a man. Freya explained she didn't want too, because when the Goddess would marry him she would be forced to stay and home and ''bare his children'' since the man would probably not allow her to fight.

And right then, Steve promised her than when he'd marry her, he'd let her do everything she wants.

Freya had looked at him with wide eyes. ''when you'll marry me? You'll marry me?'' she had asked frantically, making Rogers blush as he realised.

''Yes, of course I'll marry you. If you want to marry me, atleast.'' he had said confidently. ''I would like that.'' the Goddess had replied with a grin.

''Then I'll make sure to ask you soon, I promise.'' Steve had countered back, wearing the same grin on his face.

Right now, that felt like years ago. The pure fear and stress was now completely taking over Freya's body.

''It's okay, hero.'' the Goddess replies with a sad smile as the tears now run freely down her cheeks. ''We'll meet again.'' she says, quoting their song.

''I know, and I'll buy you a house, one of those with a white picket fence.'' the Captain says, making Freya stiff a sob coming from her mouth.

''Yeah? What else?'' The Goddess of Love and War asks with a sad chuckle. ''We'll have kids, if that's what you want. Maybe 4, or 5.'' Steve says, his eyes full of fear as he sees the ice nearing before him.

''I'd love that.'' Freya says softly, another sob escaping from her mouth. ''And we'll have date nights at the Stork Club every Saturday.'' Steve continues sadly.

''And at our wedding we'll play our song.'' Freya adds in, her eyes painfully shut as tears still escape from them.

''I love you, Freya.'' Steve finally says. ''I love you too, hero.'' the Goddess replies with a sob. ''I'll love you forever.' She continues.

''Forever, wow.'' Rogers says with a chuckle, making Amelia sniffle.

''That's a long ti-''

That was it.

Freya's heart drops as static rumbles take over her ears. ''Stevie?'' she tries as she puts a hand before her mouth.

''Steve?'' the Goddess tries again, this time more desperately. ''Steve!''

Nothing.

Freya let's herself fully go, full blown sobs escaping her mouth as tears freely run down her cheeks. The Goddess slowly slides unto the cold floor, her heart beating two hundred miles minute.

No matter what she does, Freya cannot stop crying.

Her breathing gets staggered and it feels as though the walls are closing in on her. It feels as though she's dying.

If death is coming to get her, then let it be, the Goddess thinks. Let her be with Steve.

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

Less than a month after Steve's death, word spread quickly around the United States.

The war was over.

Everyone was ecstatic, kids and adults were all celebrating ve-day. Wives saw their husbands again, kids their fathers or fathers their kids again and sisters saw their brothers.

Days of celebrating were held, everyone was over the moon that they were now free. Everyone was beyond happy.

Except for Freya, that is.

Every single day was worse than the one before. The Goddess felt a void, a pain in her heart every single second of every single day.

She felt horrible, depressed. Every time she saw a woman meet her husband again, she felt a horrible jealously wash over her. In turn for that, she felt selfish.

Steve had willingly sacrificed himself for this country, he had given up his life.

Yet it felt like Freya was the one who had gives up her life, she felt dead inside.

The Goddess often finds herself sobbing uncontrollably on the ground, her body against the cold floor in an attempt to calm her brain.

Her shaking hands often cling to Bucky's dog tag. And in turn so, it breaks Freya's heart every time that she does not have Steve's.

Peggy and Howard checked on her every day, they tried their best to keep the Goddess' mind of things but were unsuccessful every time.

Meanwhile, Peggy had continued her work with the SSR and Howard was doing everything in his power to try and find Steve in the Arctic.

Kids played on the street with their own made shields, people danced and sang on the the square as they laughed and chatted together.

Everywhere she went, Freya was reminded of Steve. There were posters, newspapers and books of him everywhere. Not to mention the fact that everybody was talking about him.

So that's when the Goddess knew, she had to leave this place.

She had to go home.

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

Thor was seated at the dinner table, talking respectfully with his parents and brother when he had the feeling something was happening.

The God of Thunder quickly looked to his brother, who was wearing the same expression on his face.

Loki gave Thor a quick nod and created two illusions of themselves, before he made the two of them invisible and they sneaked away.

The Gods quickly ran towards the Bifrost, meeting the eyes of Heimdall.

''Heimdall!'' Loki exclaims, making the man look at the two brothers. ''Is our sister back yet?'' he frantic ly asks.

''The princess is on her way.'' Heimdall replies, making the Brothers happily look at each-other.

The two had missed their little sister, Freya had always been the happy girl who never failed to make them laugh. These last months have felt somber and lonely without her.

Suddenly, the Bifrost appears and our comes Freya Odinsdottir, wearing an expression on her features Thor and Loki did not recognise.

''Freya!'' Thor exclaims as he and Loki walk towards her. ''How was your time in Midgard?'' the God of Thunder happily asks, his voice booming of pride and joy.

For the first time, Freya meets her brothers gaze and her expression makes Thor's and Loki's stomach twist.

The broken look on her face was one the Brothers had not seen before, at least not worn by their younger sister.

''Frey?'' Loki softly asks. The mention of the name made Freya immediately break down, a loud sob escapes her lips as she lounges herself forwards into her brothers arms.

The Goddess of Love and War complete breaks down her walls, tears streaming freely down her cheeks.

Thor and Loki wrap their arms around her, soothing her softly as Thor combs his fingers through her hair.

''Sister?'' Loki warily asks after minutes of Freya's sobs. The Goddess pulls back and looks at brother with teary eyes.

''What happened?'' the God of Mischief asks.

''I don't want to talk about it.'' Freya eventually mumbles, deciding she wants to hold the memory of Steve all to herself.

Her brothers frown, Thor wrapping an arm around her back. ''You can tell us anything, Frey.'' he says.

''I know.'' the Goddess sniffles as she sends both her brothers a thankful smile before they make their way back to the castle.

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

It had been a year since Freya's time in Misgard. Even though the Goddess is still hurting, she learns to deal with that pain a bit more everyday.

Nonetheless, Freya still feels tremendous loss in her heart and the Goddess feels like she will never love again.

Fortunately, her parents had gladly taken her back into the castle and they did not force her to marry anyone anymore.

The Goddess never spoke of her time on Midgard, her parents and brothers grew worried a lot as they heard her sobs late at night. But eventually, they learned to not ask her about it anymore.

Thor and Loki still felt their hearts break every time. The shining metal of Bucky's dog tag around her neck also never going unnoticed by them.

But the time the God of Thunder had asked Freya about it, the Goddess simply broke into tears and shook her head repeatedly.

Seeming it was the last reminder she had of Bucky, and she did not even have one of Steve.

But then again, the Goddess of Love and War didn't want any reminders to them. More desperately, she wanted to stop crying at everything that reminded her of Steve.

Freya had indulged herself into battles again, throwing herself from battle to battle to keep her mind of of things

On a more positive note, the Goddess of Love and War has really improved her skills and abilities. She can now control her powers even more and she has become way more powerful.

But the thought of Steven Grant Rogers still haunts Freya's dreams every night.

''Frey?'' Thor's voice snaps Freya out of her thoughts. The Goddess looks up from her lap and smiles at her brother.

''Thor.'' she smiles up at him. ''Are you all right?'' the God of Thunder asks, making Freya lightly frown. ''I'm fine, why?'' she asks.

''You haven't replied to anything I said.'' Thor says with a light sad smile. ''Oh, I'm sorry. My mind was just wandering again. What was it you were talking about, brother?'' Freya says with a polite smile.

''Never mind.'' Thor says with a light chuckle as he gets up, making his way towards Loki.

''Oh, brother! You forgot Mjölnir!'' Freya exclaims but her brother doesnt hear her. ''Brother?'' she tries again. No reply. ''Brother?'' nothing.

''Oh, Odin's beard.'' the Goddess mutters to herself as she gets up, smoothing down her gown in the process.

Out of instinct, Freya leans down and grabs the hammer before moving towards her brother.

''Thor!'' she yells when he finally turns around. ''Mjölnir.'' the Goddess of Love and War says as she politely holds up the hammer towards him.

Freya frowns when she sees Thors shocked expression, his mouth fallen agape. The Goddess' eye line follows her brothers towards the hammer in her hand.

Suddenly, it clicked. ''Oh!'' she loudly exclaims in shock as she drops Mjölnir on the ground.

Freya Odinsdottir was worthy.

The Goddess hesitantly looks up at her brother, scared for his reaction. Was he going to be mad?

Instead, Freya meets Thors eyes that are full of joy and pride. ''Frey! Your worthy!'' the God exclaims loudly as a wide grin takes over his face.

''it seems I am.'' the Goddess replies with a smile. Before Freya can comprehend what's going on, she gets lifted of the ground by her brother.

Thor happily spins her around, setting her down with a kiss on her cheek. ''I'm glad your doing a little bit better, sister.'' the God says with a smile.

Freya happily smiles at her brother, her head upturned to look him in the eyes. ''I know, brother.'' she says.

''Are you never going to tell us about Midgard?'' the God of Thunder asks. ''No, no I don't think I will.'' Freya says as she looks down at her gown before watching Thor with a smile again.

Her brother smiles back at her, and the two make their way around the castle. Their happy voices fill the hallways when they meet Loki and the three of them talk, just like how they used to when they were little.

And for the first time in nearly a year, Freya feels a little better again.

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.9K 846 20
❝WE'RE GONNA BE TIMELESS.❞ In which the Goddess of Love and War finds some of that love she's been busy spreading to everyone else. [The Fi...
61.9K 1.7K 51
"He walked into my heart like he always belonged there, took down my walls and lit my soul on fire." - "I have completely fallen for you. Everything...
728K 18.7K 61
A human girl meets a God. •••• " Something in his mind compelled him to save Nova, she needed him. But maybe she would be just what Thor needed too...
144K 3K 22
After having a rough start, Mia Connors and Steve Rogers are finally free to be together with the full acceptance of their friends and family. But wh...