I Wrote Your Name On The Side...

By Spider_can_be_cool

//Highschool AU// //Coffee shop Au// Tommy is just some barista that works at a coffee shop. Purpled is an in... More

A/N [Important!]
The Start of Fall
The Days are Limited
Maybe Over The Weekend....
Over A Spilled Coffee
-important

Tomorrow's Gonna Be A Handful

196 6 3
By Spider_can_be_cool

-Wednesday-

Today being one of those days, Tommy woke up feeling like absolute shit.

Yesterday he wasn't able to get a lot of sleep, having to wake up early and all to take a test, then having to go to work after school for a couple hours, after that he stayed up late to finish an essay for English that was due the next day. Okay, so maybe the last part was actually his fault, but that still gives him a reason to complain about having a bad day. At least that's what he thought.

Well, nothing he can really do about it though, day already passed. "Maybe I should just skip school today.  Seems fine enough." He smiled at the thought.

Extending his hand out from beneath the sheets, shivering when his arm hit the cold air of the room. "Man, is fall the best season or what." Tommy placed his hand on the nightstand, feeling around for the cold glass of his device, only to eventually bump his hand into a phone case. Unplugging the cord, he picked up the rectangular device and held it close to his face.

Forgetting how bright he left his phone before he went to sleep, he immediately had to squint his eyes to see the time that was printed on the screen. 6:24. Tommy was fine, school starts at 8:00 anyways. He really did feel like skipping school, "Time's really trying to make me feel bad now, huh." He groaned.

Letting a sigh escape his lips, he laid on his back and dropped the phone on the bed whilst closing his eyes. He wasn't gonna go to sleep again, but just the feeling of lying there without much worry felt nice. All good things must come to an end, at least that's how Tommy thought it went.

Pushing himself up into a sitting position, he swung both legs off to the side of the bed and stood up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes while stifling a yawn.

Taking a few steps over to his closet, he slid open the dark brown door and pulled out a red cardigan that was hung up. Sauntering over towards his drawer next, he then pulled out a white button up shirt, black cargo pants, and a dark green bandana, specifically dark green because he didn't like the other colors much.

After he finally got ready for the day, Tommy checked his phone one last time, 6:56, but his attention instantly switched on something else instead when he saw a new message pop up.

<Café voluntolds>

Foosh> I'm not gonna be at work today, so can you both cover for me.  Pretty pleasee.

Tall Siamese> I suppose…..

Foosh> Thx!

Tommy> I never said yes though.

Foosh> I know you're a good person Tommy.

Tommy stared at the screen, he liked making stupid comments like that, they were his favorite.

Shutting off his phone, he shoved it inside his pants pocket and headed towards the kitchen. He thought about maybe getting something to eat, either grabbing toast, or eating those damn Mini-Wheats, whichever he finds first. Opening the cabinet door, he stared at the cereal box in disappointment.

"Damn."

Hearing footsteps approach him, Tommy quickly grabbed the box and closed the cabinet door. The person was none other than his father, he looked half asleep, his hair was a total mess and his posture was terrible.

Tommy was busy grabbing a bowl from the cupboard, that he jumped when he heard a voice greet him from the other end of the room. "Good mornin', Mate." He spoke in his usual cheery tone.

Tommy set the bowl he was fishing for down on the counter, and looked over to meet Philza's gaze, "Hey." He replied while opening the fridge door.

"Will said he's gonna be here tomorrow…. Lookin' forwards to that." Philza yawned the last bit.

Tommy nodded and poured milk into his bowl, before grabbing a spoon. "How long is he stayin'.  I don't wanna take too many days off work." He asked, taking a bite of the damned Mini-Wheats.

Philza glanced down at his phone and back up at Tommy, "He plans on stayin' a week at most.  You'll have enough time to hang out with him before he leaves, Mate." Philza smiled softly at Tommy, placing a hand on his shoulder and moving past him.

Tommy knew it was gonna be a cold day, the word "Autumn" basically spells it out. Well, in a figurative sense that is. He wasn't wearing good clothing for the colder upcoming days, a cardigan didn't really help with the wind blowing in his direction, and the pants were something you would wear in the summer.

The sound of the branches rocking against one another, or wind chimes whistling their pleasant tunes, Tommy felt at peace, if he could stand there and enjoy everything, he would.

The leaves on the trees started to show hints of fall, taking on dull colors like orange and brown. "Man, this sucks." Tommy muttered under his breath, he wasn't a big fan of fall or winter. He's the type of person that enjoys the sounds of Fall, not the temperature or scenery of it.

Tommy pulled out his phone again to check the time, he didn't really feel like being late again. 7:45. Alright then, he had enough time to get there, just about 15 minutes or so before the bell rings, that's fine.

It really doesn't take long to get to school, he just spent most of his time at home talking to Philza. He really should find a way to manage time better, too bad it has a mind of its own.

Tommy picked up his speed ever so slightly, and continued on his way.

He observed the hallway, glancing at every door he passed, it almost seemed endless until his classroom number finally came into view, ending him from this constant search. The door was wide open, welcoming him and many other students into the class, or just the students that go to the class.

Anyways, Tommy took a seat in the back, it was Chemistry, and boy is he bad at science. People were still walking in, taking seats in the middle or front, sometimes the back, seems like times are changing, or it could just be that Tommy feels superior when he sits in the back. Either or.

Ranboo also happened to be in the same class as him, stepping foot into the classroom, Tommy immediately waved him over and yelled out their name. Ranboo jumped at hearing their name randomly be called aloud, scanning the room for the person that was calling him, they eventually spotted Tommy in the far back. Sauntering over, they took a seat to the right of him.

"Mann, am I glad you're in this class Ranboo." Tommy nudged them in the arm.

"Yeah.  Same." Their response being a lot quieter, the mask muffling most of their voice.

Tommy observed the classroom, the chalkboard had words written on it, most likely what they were gonna be doing for the day, kids chatting amongst their friends, and bell ringing.

The teacher walked in, silencing everyone with just three words. She goes on about some assignments, due dates, and projects. Tommy tuned out most of everything she had to say, not really giving two shits.

The finally bell rings, snapping him out of the trance he was under. Tommy grabbed his backpack and slung it over his shoulder, Ranboo was already up and ready to leave for their next class, but still proceeded to wait for Tommy's slow ass.

They exited the classroom with many other students trailing behind them or in front, "See ya later, Ranboo." He waved, Ranboo nodded his head and kept on walking. Tommy didn't really expect a response from them, considering he knew how Ranboo was.

Spinning on his heels, Tommy headed towards the art room, he liked art even if it wasn't his passion, more like a hobby.

Peeking inside, he saw another one of his friends sitting near the front. Sauntering towards him, he glanced at the chair next to him. "Mind if I sit here Eryn?" Tommy tilted his head, just making sure Eryn wasn't saving the seat for someone else.

"Not at all," He grinned. "Surprisingly we got the same class." Eryn observed their surroundings, looking at paintings that hung on walls, words written on the board, and the kids that were still walking in.

"I guess we just got lucky," Tommy glanced at the door and noticed the teacher heading towards the class. "Wish school was over already." He exhaled.

"Agreed." Eryn added.

The next classes after art, were more him sitting there zoning out, than listening to what the teacher had to say. Something about having to do a play in front of people, then the next being about another essay that was due in the next week. Anyways, he was just a busy man.

Tommy and Eryn were both heading in the direction of Tommy's work. The wind slightly increased, making them both pick up speed.

The café didn't really stand out much, white building, big logo, you get the idea. Tommy held the door open for Eryn, before walking in himself. The interior was nice, dimly lit, the air smelled of cinnamon, potted plants in the corners or by the window, and tables cleaned.

Tommy sauntered behind the counter, pushing up his hair with his bandana and tying on an apron. He stepped up to the front counter and gazed at Eryn, "You gonna order, or are you here to bother me?" Raising an eyebrow at him.

"What's got you in such a bad mood," Eryn chuckled. "I'd like an Iced Coffee please." Pulling out his card. Tommy flipped the tablet around and had Eryn sign and pay.

Tommy spun on his heels and moved toward the coffee machine. He had been working at this place for quite a while now, but even so, he still found himself looking over on how to make some of the drinks from time to time.

Stepping back over to where Eryn stood, Tommy slid the drink over.

"Are you the only one here today?" Eryn inquired, raising an eyebrow in question.

Tommy shook his head, "Well, I am the only one here at the moment," He glanced behind himself, hoping to see a door move, it never did. "Foolish said he wasn't gonna come in today, and I don't even know where Ant is." Tommy dramatically threw his arms out in front.

"Man, sucks to be you." Eryn clicked his tongue and shook his head.

Tommy sighed and rolled his eyes, knowing damn well Eryn saw him. Leaning forwards on the counter, he turned on his phone to see if anyone had texted him.

"So how are you and Beau doing?" Eryn took a sip of his cold drink, "You treating her well?" He smirked at Tommy.

Shoving his phone inside his pants pocket, "We broke up." he exhaled slowly, "We talked it out and everything, turns out she just saw me more as a friend."

Eryn reached over and patted Tommy's shoulder, finding a way to provide comfort without words.

Hearing a ding on his phone, Tommy pulled it out again and turned it on. There was a new message sent from his work group, it was from Antfrost.

Tall Siamese> I'ma be late, can you handle everything by yourself Tommy?

Tommy> Yeah, there ain't much people here.

Tall Siamese> Alright.

"Well, I'll be headin out now," Eryn pointed his thumb towards the exit. "I got an English essay to write. See ya!" He waved to Tommy on his way out.

Tommy waved back and put his arm down when he saw Eryn's figure move out the door. It was slightly quiet in the café, there was music playing, but it served more as background noise than anything really.

He didn't really work often on school days, mostly just helping around on Tuesday and Wednesday, then he would have to work on the weekends and in the summer. It's not a bad job, could be worse, paid a fair amount, not overly busy, to be honest he was glad he even managed to get a job considering the type of person he was.

Both Ant and Foolish were college students, he however was in high-school. Only managing to pull off this job because of his older brother, Wilbur, and his connection to the café owner, Niki. Basically Wilbur got him the job.

There were very few people coming in today, something Tommy was grateful for. Having less people come in meant very little for him to do, and with Ant being late it made it all the more better for him.

Speak of the devil, turning around, Tommy saw a door move open and a familiar walk through. "Damn, took you long enough." He frowned, placing a hand on his hip.

Ant rolled his eyes in response and grabbed an apron. "I wasn't gone that long." Tying the back of it, Ant walked over to where Tommy stood and glanced at the untouched door across the café.

"Doesn't even look busy today." Antfrost walked over to a wall and leaned against it, pulling out his phone to surf the web.

Tommy glared at Ant and glanced back at the door, he stood up straight when he saw someone saunter up towards the counter. They looked tired— mentally tired— Tommy thought he looked familiar, maybe they go to the same high-school, he swore he saw him before, in the same class maybe. Either way, Tommy saw him from somewhere, but couldn't pinpoint where.

As they finally reached up to the counter, Tommy got a better look at him, he had magenta eyes, dark bags around them, and freckles that littered his face.

"Hello, what can I get ya today?" Tommy asked, pulling his best customer service voice.

The person in response averted their eyes from Tommy and quickly skimmed over the menu. "Uh, could I get a Caramel latte?" He asked, never looking up to meet Tommy's staring gaze.

"Alright, would that be everything?" Tommy questioned, checking behind to see if Antfrost was still in the room. He was not.

Furrowing his eyebrows he slightly frowned, "Where did he even go?" He questioned himself, with slight irritation. Turning back to the person in front of him.

"Yeah." Purpled replied.

"What should I call the drink?" Tommy asked.

"Purpled." He answered.

Humming in response, he spun on his heels and moved over towards the coffee machine, while Antfrost stepped out of the backroom with a mop in hand.

His ears perked up when he spotted the person behind the counter, instantly heading towards them.

"Hey Purp!   You didn't tell me you and Punz moved here! How are you doing anyway?" He grinned, tilting his head in a questioning manner.

Purpled glanced up, "Yeah, I've been doing good, you saw me yesterday though?" He smiled sheepishly, happy to know his old friend was doing fine.

"I'm having a good day before you ask, but you immediately left before I could actually talk to you." Antfrost frowned and pulled out his phone.

Tommy called out the name listed on the drink and watched as Purpled went over to grab it.

"Before you leave, give me your phone real quick." Ant reached over the counter and grabbed the other's device. Typing something down, he handed it back. "Now we can keep in contact." He grinned.

Purpled nodded his head and moved towards a table, setting down his bag on the seat beside him.

Tommy leaned against the counter and pulled out his phone, anything to keep him busy with the spare time he has.

Several hours passed since he arrived, mostly everyone had gone home and Tommy thought he might just do the same. Ant finished cleaning up an hour ago, while Tommy handled the front.

Hearing footsteps gradually get closer, he saw Ant hand him something. "Huh, what's this??" Tommy raised an eyebrow, taking the object from Antfrost's hands.

"Purpled accidentally left it here," Ant replied, "You think you can give it to him tomorrow,  at school maybe?" He added.

Tommy stared down at the book in his hands, glancing up briefly at Ant, before turning back to the book. "Do we even  go to the same school?" Tommy asked.

Ant nodded his head, "Yeah, his older brother told me, just texted him a minute ago." He shrugged.

"Why can't we just wait for him to come back?" Tommy frowned.

Ant shook his head, "We don't open tomorrow, remember?" He tilted his head.

"That's right.   Forgot"

//2795 words//

I hope none of them are too out of character.

I'm also trying to keep an average of 2000 words, but if you guys don't mind less words and faster chapters, then let me know.

Don't worry they will interact soon enough.

Have a good day/night everyone!^^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.7K 881 34
Wilbur is a regular at a coffee shop and is known for his ability to flirt around. But what happens when he takes a liking to a new Blonde Barista wh...
511K 15.5K 31
𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗘𝗗𝗢𝗠- 𝗗𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗠 𝗫 𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗥 - 𝗹𝘂𝗻𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗼_ -•-•- ➪ "𝙄'𝙢 𝙩𝙧𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙠𝙚𝙚𝙥 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙨𝙖𝙛𝙚." ➪ "𝙃𝙚'𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜...
78.8K 3K 47
Tommy Henry was anything but normal. Rude, obnoxious, loud and most importantly; lonely. No one wanted him, and he didn't want them. When Phil Watso...
1.3K 53 10
that one crackfic where Tommy works at a cafe with his friends and does everything but his job. (Inspired by TUMOASD in a round about way) [DISCLAIME...