Just Friends - Neymar Jr

By alohabishesss

they're just friends, right? ©alohabishesss [NEYMAR JR, FANFICTION] HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in #NEYMARFANFICTIO... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
67
68
69
70
71

66

2.5K 70 117
By alohabishesss

I laid under the covers of my hotel bed, my laptop balancing on my knees as I sat slumped up by the headboard, grinning to myself as I searched for the photos taken at todays game. I watched an interview that Marcelo took on the pitch and could see Neymar and I in the background hugging. The video carried on and you could see us arguing about wearing the stinky shirt but we both looked happy. My phone rang, practically making my soul jump out my body as I read the name Junior 🤍.

"Hey, is everything okay?" I asked, concerned as I knew they would be partying.
He slurred his words a little as he spoke, "The guys want to go to a club but there'll be girls there."
I laughed, "It's okay, have fun."
"But I don't wanna be around any girls that aren't you," he complained, making redness appear in my cheeks once more.

"You don't have to talk to them. You're there to have fun with your boys and celebrate how hard you've all been working. I'm not bothered, I trust you don't wanna lose an amazing girl like me again," I joked although it did make me nervous.
"You got that right," he said before lowering his voice, "Are you busy right now?"

"No but I don't want to crash your guys' thing. No other girlfriends are there, I'll just look like a control freak," I laughed.
"Could you pick me up?" He sounded almost afraid to ask.
I got out of my bedsheets almost immediately, "Of course I can, are you not having fun?"
He sighed, "I am but people are annoying. I have no social battery left."

I laughed at his dramaticness, realising just how drunk he must be to be talking like this out loud, seeing as he always makes out he's some social butterfly.

I grabbed my keys, walking out the door and towards the lift with my phone still to my ear.
"Do you want me to drop you to your hotel then?"
"No, no, no!" He spoke loudly, making me cringe as my volumes was turned all the way up, "I want to see you princesa. I don't need any social battery for you, just being in your company is fine."

"I like the drunk version of you," I laughed as I unlocked my car, slipping into the driver's seat.
He gasped, "You should like every version of me!"
I hummed, "Hmm, nah. I don't appreciate the irritable version of you."
"Very funny. I don't particularly like the drunk version of you so maybe we should swap," he laughed, "See? This is so weird, you're picking me up. I should be looking after you."

He paused, his mood switching, "No. I should be looking after you, what am I doing? I-"
I laughed, slowing down to a stop at a red light, "Ney, chill out. Go outside and take a breather."
"I love when you call me Ney. Anyone else who tries to, I tell them to fuck off cos only you can call me that," he boasted like a child.
I stifled a laugh, "Mhm."
"Why are you laughing at me linda? I'm being for real!"

I ignored him, "You're at the club we went to with Dani right?"
"Yeah but I didn't go in properly at all. I would've if you were here but none of these girls even compare to you. You know on our break I literally watched all the interviews you had and adverts or behind the scenes of shoots you were in. I fumbled so bad, I regret it more than going for that header that almost paralysed me and I-"

"Neymar you're talking too fast and you're slurring your words. I'm only around the corner so I'll see you in a minute, stop panicking bonito."
"God, I love you."
I laughed, "I can't wait to tell sober you everything you've said tonight."

"I've drank so much that I'll forget everything and think you're lying so it's okay," he chuckled.
"Well in that case, I love you too," I smiled to myself, happy to finally be able to say it since he wouldn't remember.
"Oh my god! I need to find Dani!" he practically screamed down the phone.

I heard lots of footsteps and music with the miscellaneous sounds of people talking here and there, singing and glasses hitting each other before I could make out distinct voices, shouting above the club's speakers.
"She said she loved me!"
"Huh?"
"She said! She loves me!"

I laughed, hanging up the phone as I pulled into a parking spot opposite the club's entrance. The bouncer looked my outfit up and down as I approached him.
"Joggers?" he raised an eyebrow.
I shrugged, "What else would I go clubbing in?"
He scoffed, "ID?"
I handed it over and he checked it a few times before hesitantly letting me in.

I weaved through crowds of people dancing and drinking until I reached a quieter corner where Marcelo was sat, placing his glass on the table with a satisfied sigh.
"Hey, Neymar around?" I asked, not wanting the conversation to be long. In all honesty, drunk people scared me.

"With Dani over there," he pointed towards a swarm of girls with Alves and Neymar in the centre. I pushed my way through with my jaw clenched tightly.

"No! I have a girlfriend!"
"So what? Are you crazy? She'll beat the shit out of you and I'll let her."
I could hear his panicked voice as he backed away from the girls whilst Dani enjoyed every second of it.

I relaxed, realising he wasn't entertaining it and stepped in front of the bitch that kept getting onto him.
"I've got it from here babe," I smiled the fakest smile I could muster and watched as she rolled her eyes and walked off.

"That was very nice of you but I need all girls to stand two meters away from me. I'm a loyal man, I have a girlfriend. Her name's Amelia and she's so funny, although I'll never tell her cos she lets it go to her head. She's so pretty as well. She'll have my kids one day and they'll be the most beautiful things to walk the planet-"

I took his hand in mine, despite his protests as he still didn't realise who I was, and lead him to the exit.
"I just told you how great and nice my girlfriend is but she's fucking crazy so I'd watch out if you wanna carry on touching me and shit. I can't hit a girl but trust me, she will. I-"

"Neymar, I'm your girlfriend. Come on let's go," I ushered him to keep walking but his feet stayed glued to the spot.
"Lying is a sin, did you know that?" his face was totally serious causing me to erupt into laughter.

"I take back liking drunk you, you're funny but man are you annoying. Luiz! Tell this idiot it's safe to go home with me please," I begged as he walked past us.
He smiled once he noticed who we were, "Ayy! You came?"
"I'm just here to pick Neymar up but he's not having it," I laughed.
"Neymar bro, go home. Eesh, your hangover's gonna be nasty."

He gasped, "David! How could you? You're meant to be Amelia's friend as well! I'm not going home with any girls!"
Luiz looked from Neymar to me a few times as I shrugged, not knowing what to even say.
"This is Amelia mate?"
His eyes went wide, "Amelia? Ohhhh! Amelia! How are you linda?"

David shook his head as he walked off, chuckling, to the bar.
"I'm good Ney. Have you got everything? Can we go?"
"I don't need anything as long as you're here."
I rolled my eyes, "Come on, I'm being serious. I'm tired and want to go home."
"I'm being serious too, let's go."

A crowd of guys stood in our way to the door as I tried to get around them but there was no room. I tapped one of their shoulders, "Sorry, can I get through?"
He looked me up and down before smirking, making me let out a sigh, "I don't have a problem with you staying here instead."
"I didn't ask if you had a problem with it, I said can I fucking get through," I tried to push my way past him but he held onto my elbow.

"Sorry, how about you let me introduce myself properly and then maybe we can get to know each other... beyond the surface," he had a twisted smile on his face and I looked over to Neymar who was too busy staring at the coloured rave lights in awe to realise what was going on.

"I'd like you to let go of me before I violate you in every way possible and humble your fat ego," I said through gritted teeth, not wanting to cause a scene.
He chuckled, rocking his head back, "I'm sure baixinha."

"I don't know where the fuck these hands have been, I don't wanna catch shit. Also I know it must be hard, looking the way you do, but if this is your way of getting girls, grabbing them and forcing them to talk to you, then you're definitely going to be single forever."

"Who said I'm even single now?" he laughed harder as I looked at him in disgust.
"Men are sick. No sorry, my bad. Boys are sick. You have to be some sort of social experiment or something cause-"

He interrupted me, his voice louder and no longer backed with laughter, "I'd watch how you talk to me. You women need to know your place, filthy-"
Before I knew it my fist collided with his cheek, me only realising what I had done when I felt the friction.

I looked from my hand back to the seething maybe thirty year old, I was fucked.
I grabbed Neymar and ran through the crowd towards the fire exit, the man and his friends not far behind us.

"What's going on? Why are we running?" Neymar was stumbling, making me groan in frustration as I watched them catching up.
"I just punched that guy, we're-"
"You what?" he looked angrier than the guy who actually got hit, "I would've hit him, you're knuckles are gonna hurt tomorrow."

"He was being a prick, I didn't mean to. But seriously bonito, we need to get out of here and you're kinda being a liability right now."
He nodded, "Right, sorry. Lead the way."
I opened the door, fresh air washing over my body and felt a few splatters of rain hit my skin.  I followed where I saw light, knowing I was parked opposite the club by the road.

I grabbed my keys, unlocking it and climbing into the front seat. Neymar walked around to his side of the car but paused before getting in.
"What did he say to you?"
"Just grabbing my arm and shit. Wanting to get to know me beyond the surface," I mimicked as I scoffed.
He slammed the car door, crossing back over the road. I sighed heavily, closing my eyes and leaning against the steering wheel before following suit.

"You can't even walk in a straight line! Fuck you gonna do?" I could hear the guy from earlier taunting as Neymar got up in his face.
I didn't get too close, knowing one of them was going to swing, it was just a matter of time, but I stayed nearby to keep an eye on things and jump in if need be. I knew I wasn't gonna beat four guys in an actual fight but I wouldn't let Ney take all the hits considering I was the one who kinda started it all.

I saw him laugh and stick his tongue in his cheek, the famous sign of just how pissed he really was. Then, as usual, he looked to the side, shaking his head, before bringing a hard fist to the guy's mouth. He held it in shock for a few seconds, allowing Neymar to hit him twice more, the sight of blood gushing from his nose making me gag.

One of the friends pushed him away, shouting some portuguese words I couldn't quite understand. Neymar shouted back and soon the crowd around us was even bigger, no one being able to hear each other.

The bouncer from earlier came over, telling everyone to chill out and go on with their night, until he reached us.
"I knew you'd be trouble!" he pointed a finger in my face.
"There isn't any trouble but there will be if you carry on speaking to her like that," Neymar was now stood between me and the security, making me groan. We were never getting out of here.

"No trouble? Half this guy's blood is all over the pavement! That's not exactly gonna attract people to come party here, is it?"
We were silent, knowing that if we said anything we'd probably end up laughing. Me because I can't take shit seriously and Neymar because whenever he was drunk he turned into more of a child than usual.

"All of you," He pointed to us and the group of guys surrounding their bleeding friend, "Get the fuck out of here!"
I laughed, patting his shoulder, "Gladly, in a bit."

He shrugged my hand off him, watching us carefully as we got into my car. I started the engine, turning around in the middle of the road as it was empty and smacked Neymar as he waved at them all as we drove past.

"We're so problematic," I laughed although I knew it was a genuine issue that needed to be solved.
"So what? It's fun!"
"You would've gone mental at me if you were sober," I raised an eyebrow.
He looked hurt, "Why would I have gone mental? What does gone mental mean?"

I laughed awkwardly as I turned a corner, "Like shout, get annoyed at me for starting drama as usual."
"You do like drama but that wasn't your fault," he laughed slightly but was still being serious, engrossed in the conversation whilst my attention stayed glued to the road.

I pulled a face, "How was it not my fault? I hit him."
"He deserved it. If you said he was being a prick, then he was being a prick," he placed a hand on my thigh as I continued to drive and act like it didn't make my stomach do a flip flop.

"You know I'm gonna change? Not even that, you know I have changed? I spoke to a counsellor for a bit, after we broke up. About the ways I deal with things and react in certain situations. I think I was still angry about a lot of things when I was with you from my childhood, the way things are with my dad and money. It wasn't an excuse but it was just like bottled up anger that came out sometimes but it's gone now. If you tell me things, I'm happy to sit and listen and I won't ever shout at you."

I bit my lip, not knowing what to say and letting him talk.
"I'm sorry about how things were before. Even before I cheated on you, there was always something slightly wrong with our relationship. Don't get me wrong, there are nice memories but since our communication was never there, no one was able to say how we were feeling without it coming out in an argument. I think that then made us associate talking about how we feel and shouting, making us want to bottle up things even more. I don't know what I'm saying, I just- I don't know," he shrugged.

"No I'm listening, carry on," I smiled at him softly to which he returned.
"I just want you to know that it's not going to be like before. At all. I'll always have your back, no matter what so you don't have to worry about me shouting at you for shit. I know that there'll be things you say or do that I might not agree with and the same the other way round but we back it in public and correct in private. You get me? Like say if I was annoyed at you for punching that idiot, I'd still go and sort him out but then when we got home or to the car, I'd say maybe something like Amelia you need to cool it a bit next time."

I nodded, "Of course. It's always been like that though, has it not?"
"It has but the difference is that we will correct it. I'll tell you that I didn't agree with the way you handle things. Rather than not saying anything and let all the little things annoy me until we have a big argument," he explained.

"I get you but are you gonna remember all this tomorrow?" I laughed dryly.
"It's not about remembering it. I feel this already. I just needed to find the right time to tell you and now seemed most appropriate. Although, I probably would've explained it better tomorrow," he laughed.

"No, I understand what you're saying. And even though it's gets awkward, I do genuinely feel happier when I realise we're talking about things and that I'm not having to keep anything to myself anymore."
"And that's how it should've always been so I'm sorry if you felt like you couldn't talk to me," he rubbed his hand up and down my thigh, making me choke on my breath as it caught me by surprise.

"It's not your fault, I'm just an awkward person," I laughed.
"You say that but you're not really. At least not with me," he smiled, "You get awkward talking about serious things but so does everyone. Being around you isn't awkward."
"Ehhhh," I laughed, disagreeing slightly.
"No, don't even. If it was awkward then we wouldn't hang out, would we? I love being around you man, it's so comfy. I don't know a better word for it, it's just like I'm at home. I can do what I want, be a complete weirdo and it won't matter. I don't just love being around you melia, I love you. I'm doing all that I can to change and be a better man for you. You don't ever need to worry that I'll fuck up again because I won't, okay?"
I nodded, not wanting to be sappy and let the tears fall that had welled in my eyes. He was always so sweet to me.

I pulled up outside my hotel and in an instant, Neymar was at my side of the car, holding the door for me and helping me step out although he was the drunk one that couldn't walk straight. I laughed, accepting his hand and letting him guide me to the lobby's entrance.

"Yeah I can't remember what room you're in," he laughed, making me roll my eyes jokingly and take over, leading him up to my floor and unlocking the door. He pushed it open from behind me and held it just above my head, letting me walk through and then closing it behind us.

"You gonna stay the night?" I assumed as it was late and I'm not driving anywhere else.
He nodded as he untied his shoes, "Yeah. If it's cool with you, I mean."
I laughed, shaking my head, "Shut up."
"What?" he looked up at me confused as I continued searching through the closet for a big t-shirt to sleep in.

"If it's cool with me?" I repeated, "How long have we known each other?"
"I'm just making sure everything's good. I don't want to fuck anything up this time."
"You're fucking it up by acting like a stranger, it's making me feel weird."
"Okay, sorry," he flicked his last shoe off and stood up.
"No because now you're making me feel bad. I just meant that I'm comfortable with people I know. Like you said earlier, I can be a weirdo and it won't matter. But you being awkward and making it seem like we don't know each other is putting me on edge, I don't feel comfy."

He smiled at me, not saying anything.
"What?" I looked at him in confusion.
"We're communicatinggggg!"
I rolled my eyes, stifling a laugh.
"You can wear this t-shirt if you want," he offered me one that seemed to just appear out of nowhere after I failed in finding one of my own that I wanted to wear.

"Thanks," I took it from him, turning to face the wall and quickly starting to change.
"Do you want me to..."
I shrugged, "I don't know. We're together again now, aren't we?"
Once clothed, I turned around, faced with his smile again, "I'm going to ask you out properly again but yes we are."
"Properly?"
"Yeah. I've been planning stuff but I just couldn't wait any longer, I wanted to be able to celebrate with you," he admitted.

"Celebrate with me?" I raised an eyebrow before bursting out laughing and flipping onto the bed.
He snorted, "You make everything dirty, I didn't even mean it like that. Unless..."
He grinned, sliding into the bed beside me.
"Yeah no, I'm tired," I smirked, squishing his cheek and making him groan.

I sat up against the headboard a bit more, causing him to now be hugging my waist.
"If you're tired why are you sitting up? Go to sleep princesa," he complained.
"I have to tell Anto everything, can't let her miss out on all this drama," I said as if it were obvious. He shook his head in disappointment before shuffling around so that he laid between my legs, his head on my lower stomach.

I reached for my phone on the bedside table, opening messages and spam texting her as much of what happened as I could, as fast as my fingers would let me type. Just as I sent the last message, Neymar's hand grabbed the phone, placing it back on the side table then returning to being wrapped behind my waist.

"Can I not text my friend for one minute?" I laughed.
He shook his head against my stomach, me still not being able to see his face, "No."
"You're so needy," I continued to laugh as I played with his hair, finally giving him some attention.

"As if you aren't."
"I am not!"
"Mhm."
"We were having a nice little moment, you just had to ruin it!"
"That's a first, usually it's the other way around."

We spent the next few hours talking and joking as we used to, until it turned into tired rambling and we decided to both go to sleep, his arms still wrapped tightly around my waist as my hands stayed buried in his hair. We were back. Neymar and Amelia were back.

———

THIS ONE WAS SO LONG WTF HOPE U ENJOYED AND DONT GET USED TO THEM BEING THIS LENGTH LMAOOOOJDSJIS

PLZ COMMENT AND INTERACT AND STUFF I LITCH NEVER GET NOTIFS ON HERE ANYMORE WHERE HAVE U ALL GONE 😭😭

4,063 words!!!!!

okay update, i'm not gonna be able to upload for A WHOLE WEEK. basically i'm going skiing in italy 😱😱 with my school 🙏🙏 and obvs i'm gonna be in a room w all my friends so they cannot know i have wattpad lmaooosisjks and plus i probs won't even have time to actually write anything so soz but at least this last one was long and plz don't hate me 🫶🫶

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

469K 13.6K 105
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
946K 35.9K 85
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
Fake love By :)

Fanfiction

110K 2.5K 41
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
603K 14.7K 34
Diana Featherington is the only child of the younger brother of the Baron Featherington. With the passing of both parents Diana has lived with the Ba...