Impassioned Psychopath

By silentecos

"I get jealous over anyone who comes near you. I Don't want to let you out of my sight for even a second, eve... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Four Years On
Chapter 2: Pinefall Island
Chapter 3: A vistor on Island
Chapter 4: Incounter
Chapter 5: Baby Austin
Chapter 6: Phone Call
Chapter 7: House Guests
Chapter 8: Reunion
Chapter 9: Roomies
Chapter 10: Off To Work
Chapter 11: Whore
Chapter 12: Ginger
Chapter 13: Nate
Hiatus
Update
Chapter 14: Amanda
Chapter 15: INSECURE
Chapter 16:Wingman?
Chapter 17:Ramon
Q&A
Chapter 18: MOM
Chapter 20: Ethan
Chapter 21: Therapy
Chapter 22: Anger
Chapter 23: Fear
Chapter 24:Sleep Over
Chapter 25: Leo
Chapter 26: As Planned
Chapter 27: NYC
Chapter 28: The Mansion
Chapter 29: Few Months..
Chapter 30: Big Brother
Not An Update
Chapter 31: At The Hospital...
Chapter 32: Escaping
Chapter 33:Wishes
Chapter 34: Betrayal?
Chapter 35:Birthday Party
Chapter 36: presents
Chapter 37: Break
Chapter 38: Picnic
Chapter 39: Mi cielo
Chapter 40: Rage Blackout
Chapter 41:H&Z
Q&A
Chapter 42: Damage Control
Chapter 43:A Baby?
Chapter 44: Captivity
Chapter 45: Girls night...
Chapter 46:Day Break
Chapter 47: New adventure
Dear Reader(s)
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 19: Confession

559 28 2
By silentecos

Zack's POV

I walked out the door and found Brian standing outside.

"I'm going to pick up Skylar, take care of Hunter while I'm out" I ordered.

He stared at me for a brief moment.

"Yes sir" he agreed.

I continued walking, it was a dark and chilly night, and I had to use my phone's flashlight so I couldn't stumble over something.

Luckily the islanders sold in the market till midnight so at least the way to the hospital wasn't as dark.

As I walked by some people kept staring at me and whispering amongst themselves, I wasn't in the mood to confront anyone so I just ignored their stares and walked to the hospital.

When I got there, I found the place wasn't as busy as I thought it would be, I searched around for a while but the redhead was nowhere to be seen.

'Did she go home?'

'I used the route she uses and didn't see her though'

I was about to then around and head back when a nurse walked up to me.

"Excuse me, I heard the other nurses saying someone is looking for the doctor you're the guy searching for Ms. Skylar right," she asked.

I smiled.

"Yes, where is she? Is she around" I asked.

She didn't answer but stared at me in awe.

"Ma'am" I called.

She flinched.

"Uh yes, she is sleeping in the waiting area, she looked very tired so I didn't wake her" she explained.

"Ms pretty could you direct me to where she is," I asked.

"Ms pretty," she asked covering her cheeks.

" f—follow me, please, "she said.

She began walking and I followed behind her. As she said indeed Skylar was asleep on a chair in the waiting area.

I walked to her, kneeled then pushed back some locks of hair that had covered her face.

"Isn't there a spare bed she could use? "I asked.

The nurse looked deep in thought.

"Oh there are some private rooms that are not occupied and the best part is they are very quiet so she should be able to rest comfortably there" she suddenly stated.

I stood up then gently picked her up in my arms. She stirred then snuggled into my neck, her soft gentle breath was fanning my neck.

'You are so unfair, Ginger'

I carried her to the said private room and gently placed her on one of the beds, the room had two beds right next to each other, I asked the nurse why a private room had an extra bed and she told me, that the person who used it before requested for the extra bed so she could sleep in the same room as her husband for her to take care of him but when they left, the people in charge of cleaning forgot to take it back.

The nurse went back to her job or something so I was left alone with Skylar.

I walked to the window and then opened it, it had started pouring outside. I couldn't see anything outside.

I took out a cigarette and then lit it.

'I wonder if Hunter has woken up yet, I should just leave Skylar here, she's out cold and I didn't come by car, carrying her in my hands all the way back could wake her not to mention it's raining'

I took out my phone and dialed Brian's line. He answered on the second ring.

"Is he awake yet?" I asked.

"Not yet, he's still asleep. What about you sir, the rain seems to be getting heavy, you should stay where you are till it lifts up a bit "

I huffed out some smoke.

"I'll be heading back soo—"

I suddenly heard coughing behind me. I turned and saw Skylar was seated up coughing.

"I'll call you back Brian," I said.

I hang up the call.

I threw the cigarette away realizing the smoke was probably making her uncomfortable.

"Sorry, did I wake you up? Was I too noisy" I asked.

She stared at me for a long time, she blinked a couple of times then looked around.

"Where am I? What are you doing here"She asked.

" oh, I found you sleeping in the waiting room so I ask one of the nurses to guide me to an empty room so you could sleep more comfortably "I explained.

Her eyes widened, and she quickly averted her gaze to her hands.

" d-d-did you carry me here," she asked. Her hands were clenching the bedding.

"Uh yeah"

"I'm sorry, this is so embarrassing. You should have just woken me up instead of troubling yourself like that" she quickly said.

"If it's embarrassing for you then you shouldn't leave yourself so unguarded, in a public place, if you are tired at least make sure the place you are sleeping is not a place like the waiting room" I scolded.

"I'm s-sorry to have troubled you" she apologized.

"That's not the point —anyway, you should get some rest. It's raining heavily outside, we can't get back to the house in this weather" I advised.

"Why are you here," she asked.

"I came to pick you up, of course, it's late and it could be dangerous walking alone at night" I explained.

She smiled warmly.

" thank you" she replied seemingly joyful.

I walked over to the other bed and took a seat facing Skylar. She sat on the bed playing with the sheets, looking hesitant and nervous.

"What are you doing, aren't you going back to sleep? You still have dark circles under your eyes" I inquired.

"Who can sleep with someone staring at them," she remarked.

I chuckled.

"Is my face that distracting"

She didn't reply and just laid down facing the other way.

"Where is Rai, is he still asleep? It was quite a shock when he got home and asked me who I was, I hope this is just a phase" she asked.

"Don't worry, he'll probably be all over you by tomorrow morning" I answered.

"Why are you saying that—anyway You two are have literally been attached to the hip since day one, it's weird not seeing you clinging to your Honey" She commented with a slight laugh at the end.

I sighed.

"We've been fighting a lot lately, this distance might just be what we need" I commented.

She turned to face me.

"What did you fight about this time," she asked.

"Ramon" I replied.

"You're still not over the fact—"

"It's not about that, Every time I think I'm a step closer to him somehow we take a thousand steps back. I think to Rai I'm no more than a replaceable burden" I commented.

"That's not true, I can tell how much you mean to Rai, you don't see it but he has gone rather attached to you, Do you know that whenever he is alone with me nowadays, all he can seem to talk about is you and Amanda. Even back when you threatened him to stop being friends with Ramon at the hospital, He actually considered cutting ties with Ramon because you seemed upset" She said.

I laid down staring at her. I smiled.

"Ginger, I appreciate you trying to cheer me up but please just stop it" I ordered.

There was silence for a while. She turned to me again.

"Zack" she called.

"Yeah," I replied.

She clenched the bedsheets tightly.

"Uh- what kind of girls are you into" She blurted out.

I laughed.

"What a strange question to ask, you are making it too obvious that you want to change the topic, was the silence that awkward" I pointed out.

She didn't reply.

'What? Does she seriously want to know'

"I don't really have a type, I've slept with almost every kind of female, Why did you ask? Did you want to know if you have a shot" I joked.

She didn't reply but instead covered her cheeks with a bed sheet. My eyes widened and I quickly sat up, there was a brief silence again.

"You are kidding me right?" I asked.

"What's up with that reply, am I really that repulsive," she asked. Her eyes became watery.

"That's not what I mean, I'm sorry— I'm flattered but I can't accept your feelings for me" I replied.

She sat up.

"M—may I know why, is it because of Rai? I told you, to me he is just a brother" she asked.

I moved closer to her, I wiped her tears, and then held her hands.

"Skylar, the truth is, you are a very attractive woman, I'd be lying if I said I've never had fantasies about you. I'm attracted to you too but you and I can never be together and it's not just about Rai" I assured.

"If you like me too then what's the problem," she asked squeezing my hands lightly.

"I once made the mistake of jumping head first into my previous relationship and in the end, we both ended up hurt and I don't want to make the same mistake, her feelings for me sound similar to yours. She fell in love with the Zack she always wanted to see but when she saw the real me, everything started to fall apart" I explained.

"Why does it sound like you are getting back at me on Rai's behalf" she asked with a laugh letting go of my hands.

"If I were to get revenge on you for that, then you would have been beating me up already by now" I replied.

"You are the first guy I've liked for a while now. It took a lot it master up the courage to say that to you, I didn't expect it to end up this way" she blurted out.

"I'm sorry, if this were a different situation I could have asked you out a long time ago," I said.

She smiled.

"Don't apologize just yet, I'm not giving up OK?" she asked.

"What—"

"I've learned something from you and Amanda, that if you really what to build a relationship, you should be strong, patient, and enduring. You said the problem is you think I'll end up like your ex because we don't know each other well then, I'm going to court you then" she declared proudly.

"Huh, court me?" I asked with a laugh.

'This conversation isn't going as it normally should'

'I thought she would be crying and telling me to leave her house because it would be awkward'

'But this conversation doesn't feel awkward but rather it's werid'

"We can just take this time to get to know each other right. I'm not asking you to do anything excessive, being close to you is enough for me" she asked.

She stood up and moved closer, her hands clenching the lab coat tightly, she leaned in and placed her lips on mine in a quick peak.

She pulled away and then covered her face.

"I-I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that without permission" she apologized her gaze stuck on the ground.

I averted my gaze to the ground, my fits were tightly clenched actually turning white.

'Control yourself, Zack, this is for the best'

'She won't be able to handle the truth'

'She saved Hunter, getting her involved in your messed up life is not the way to thank her'

"Just give up now Skylar while there is still time, you'll only end up hurt in the end, you saved my Hunter and I'm extremely grateful that's why I don't want to ruin your life. I'm not who you think I am. Once Hunter regains his memory and I give you back everything that was taken from you that will be the end" I remarked.

_______

"Zack are you alright" Rai asked.

"Yes I'm okay" I replied.

"Are you still upset with me, I said I'm sorry. I'll never do it again" he assured.

I laughed and then ruffled his hair, he looked like a child kneeling in front of me asking for forgiveness.

After Skylar confessed, I left the hospital and walked back to the house in the rain, Rai was still asleep. He only woke up the following morning and just like the last time, the memories of what he did were retained. He woke up and kept on apologizing to me for what he did.

Skylar spent the night at the hospital and only came back in the morning, she went straight to her room without talking to anyone.

I felt so guilty for turning her down like that but I knew the day she found out I was associated with the mafia she would start seeing me as a monster if not that then she'd eventually start feeling insecure about my relationship with Hunter and Amanda and start questioning me.

I didn't want things to end the way they did with Luana.

'Relationships are burdensome sometimes, I wish she had just asked for sex from me. That would have been much better'

"Zack are you ignoring me," Rai asked.

I was seated by the window when I heard him speak. I turned to face him, he was now seated on the bed staring at me.

"Of course not, I'm sorry for being absent-minded. What do you want to do today" I asked with a smile.

He tilted his head slightly.

"That is not your usual smile. Who made you upset, is it because I went out and killed someone again" he asked.

"Why would I be upset with that, you can kill everyone on the cursed island, Kill whoever you like, and as many as you like I'll help you if you'd like" I assured.

"Is it about Ramon then—"

"Don't mention that name to me right now, it's a major turn-off. You don't have to worry about me I'm okay, I am just hungry, I haven't had my breakfast" I replied.

"Should I make you something?" he asked.

I chuckled.

"Why does it sound like you are trying to make up for something you did wrong, I'm okay. The therapist will be here tomorrow so you should get prepared for that and Rai till we figure out what exactly is happening I think it's best we just stay indoors. I was there the first and second time but next time if there is a witness it would be bad" I advised.

"I understand, I'll inform Ramon that we won't be showing up there for a while" he agreed.

"And Amanda w—when is she coming back" he added.

I smirked.

"Do you miss her?" I asked.
He looked away.

"I was just asking" he defended.

"Yesterday, you were practically demanding she appears in front of you and today you say you are just asking"

"That was because I was hypnotized by my past self, I didn't know what I was doing" he quickly said.

"But seriously Rai, what exactly do you feel for Amanda," I asked.

He sighed then smiled.

"I don't know how you describe this feeling. How does one define a crush combined with longing, longing to possess her completely? When I saw her with Nate, I got so jealous seeing her laughing at something he said. I want to monopolize her completely, I don't want her to look at any other man. Sometimes these weird thoughts pop into my head, I feel like I could just lock the two of us in a bubble somewhere so it could only be the two of us forever" he confessed.

He frowned then averted his gaze.

"It's frustrating, every time I see her I feel frustrated and angry. I hate having such thoughts about her. Ramon told me it's not healthy and it would be best to stay away and I know he's right but not seeing her is agonizing. I don't think I can take any more. What should I do" he asked.

I chuckled.

"How cute, you are seriously so adorable like this. Do what makes you happy and if having Amanda makes you happy then monopolize her, it's not like she doesn't have feelings for you anyway" I reminded.

"She feels something for the Hunter before not me, and with such a face, I don't have the confidence to ask her out"

"I told you I'd get a surgeon to fix your skin, just wait a bit more, it's a bit difficult since I can't leave this island" I assured.

"You don't think what I think about her is wrong, I thought you'd tell me to stay away from her too" He stated.

"From a normal person's POV of course those feelings are wrong but even as Rai you've already blurred out the line between right and wrong right? Your relationship with Amanda was never normal, to begin with"

"Really, but—"

"Shh,  your happiness is more important than anything else. Do whatever makes you happy, don't worry about the implications for now"

"Don't you think that's spoiling me a little too much, what if I do something really bad"

"Honey you've already killed three people, it doesn't get any worse than that. I only found out late that all alone you always did what I asked you or wanted of you so now, I want to give you everything you want, maybe it will lessen the guilt I feel for Letting this happen to you"

I took out my phone and then dialed Amanda's number.

"What are you doing," Rai asked.

I put the call on loudspeaker.

"You were whining about not being able to talk to her so I'm calling her of course" I responded.

"But—"

"Hello," it was a man who answered.

Rai's eyes widened.

"Who is this and why do you have  Amanda's phone,," I asked.

"Zack don't you recognize my voice, it's me Ethan, Amanda's boyfriend" he replied.

Rai's eyes were wide, he looked like he was hyperventilating.

"Where is Amanda, why are you two together," I asked.

"Oh Amanda is at my place right now, she is taking a shower, we spoiled our clothes earlier so she said she wanted to take a shower before she left —Babe Zack is on the phone should I bring you the phone" he stated.

'That asshole, where is Amanda. I know for a fact she would never hook up with that guy again'

I looked at Rai and he had his hands covering his ears. I quickly hang up the call and rushed to him. I kneeled in front of him.

"Rai are you OK, don't pay that guy any mind he is—" Before I could continue Rai collapsed on my shoulder.

'What happened to him'

"Brian bring Skylar in here right now. Something is wrong with Rai" I screamed knowing Brian was just outside the door.

—————

Please don't forget to

Vote

Comment

And/or

Share ✌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206K 5K 41
Holding her unconscious body in my arms. Blood soaking my clothes as I fall to my knees but I don't let her touch the ground. My hands hold her tight...
1K 25 37
"I saw the way he looked at you," Ethan whispered, his voice a low growl. "Do you enjoy being desired by every man who crosses your path?" Verena's r...
192K 6.4K 110
The phone started to ring, I got in and then picked up thinking it was dad. "Hello daddy" I answered. "Oh you've never called me daddy before, I have...
34.8K 609 33
"I could kill you," he grins holding the gun to my temple. "I wouldn't be scared," I reminded him. He trails the gun under my chin lifting it, allowi...