Battle Life SMP

By YanDanTDM

Twelve Robloxians awaken to find themselves in...Minecraftia, of all places!? But if you thought waking up in... More

CHAPTER 1 | Day 1, Part 1
CHAPTER 2 | Day 1 Part 2
CHAPTER 3 | Day 2 Part 1
CHAPTER 4 | Day 2 Part 2
CHAPTER 5 | Day 2 Part 3
CHAPTER 6 | Day 2 Part 4
CHAPTER 7 | Day 3 Part 1
CHAPTER 8 | Day 3 Part 2
CHAPTER 10 | Day 3 Part 4
CHAPTER 11 | Day 3 Part 5
CHAPTER 12 | Day 3 Part 6
CHAPTER 13 | Day 3 Part 7
CHAPTER 14 | Day 4 Part 1
CHAPTER 15 | Day 4 Part 2
CHAPTER 16 | Day 4 Part 3
CHAPTER 17 | Day 4 Part 4
CHAPTER 18 | Day 4 Part 5
CHAPTER 19 | Day 4 Part 6
CHAPTER 20 | Day 5 Part 1
CHAPTER 21 | Day 5 Part 2
CHAPTER 22 | Day 5 Part 3
CHAPTER 23 | Day 5 Part 4

CHAPTER 9 | Day 3 Part 3

353 10 47
By YanDanTDM

Sketch sits on the apex of the mountain, which for him is right in front of the walls of his- sorry, their base. He's on the lookout for BigB and PinkLeaf, as they need to trade - once they're here, he'll let them in. Albert had offered to do it, but Kreek refused to let him - Albert's not the most trustworthy of eyes, apparently.

(Says the dude who's basically half blind. Wait, that's the reason he didn't do it himself, isn't it? Damn it, Sketch, you've just made your own roast moot.)

It's not relevant. For now, he needs to focus. Kreek told him not to let anyone else in. As if anyone else would care.

Over on the horizon, Sketch spots two figures walking towards his base. One much taller than the other, though from a distance, he can't make out many other features. Well, BigB's tall, Pink's short, so that must be them, right?

"BigB! Pink! Over here!" He yells, waving at the two, but the two figures don't pay attention to him, continuing to walk into the trees on the other side of the river - and disappear from view.

"Ugh, okay, gonna find your own way then."

"Hi, Sketch!" comes a voice from his left side, to which Sketch whips around.

BigB and Pink walk up to him from the complete other side of the mountain. Neither seem tired out, surprisingly. It seems BigB was the one who spoke.

"Thanks for calling out. We had no idea where the entrance is in this monstrosity." Pink quips, much to the confusion of Sketch.

"Wait, weren't y-"

"It's actually Kreek's handiwork, but we've just claimed ownership of it." says Albert, who's just here now, okay. Thanks for making it harder for Sketch to do his job.

"Well, compliments to Kreek. You're definitely going to be safe with this thing." BigB adds, smiling, and Pink mumbles his agreements. It feels oddly staged, though maybe it's just a combination of two awkward dudes socialising.

Oh, now after seeing those two figures he's just suspicious of everything. This way to paranoia!

Sketch smiles serenely and beckons the two inside. Better to act nice, so if something's up, he can deal with it without any suspicion.

"Alright, let's get your stuff enchanted."

~~~

"Okay, so, armour, Protection's obviously the one most people go for, you can probably get that very easily. But if it doesn't come up, Blast Protection and Projectile Protection are good - Blast deals with TNT, Projectile deals with arrows and stuff. You're a long ranged fighter, so if you're gonna get into a bow fight, that will be-" Hyper's mid ramble when Tanqr grabs him and covers his mouth for a solid ten seconds, leaving Hyper very confused while Tanqr pulls them both behind a tree.

After the ten seconds are up, Tanqr releases Hyper, who takes a very shaky inhale of air again.

"Whew, that was close. I think Sketch saw us there." Tanqr whispers. "But he got distracted by PinkLeaf- '' Tanqr says Pink's name with a twinge of malice. Where did Tanqr garner such hate for a child? "-and BigB, so we're good."

"I mean, maybe Sketch was just looking in our general direction?" Hyper responds, shrugging. "You can never tell where he's looking with that censor bar."

"No, he saw us, for certain. He called out."

"Oh. I didn't hear."

"How did you not even hear that?"

Tanqr reminds himself not to laugh and peeks his head out to the top of the mountain. He sees the quartet (when did Albert get there?) go inside the base. Hyper nudges him.

"Why are we doing this now? They're literally just there. This is a terrible idea, Tanqr, we should've done this when we knew they weren't there."

(Quite frankly, Hyper's not wrong, Tanqr will admit to himself that he may have timed this incorrectly, but he got a little bit excited, okay? Plus, he'd like to get things enchanted as soon as possible.)

(Still, best not to tell Hyper that he made a mistake.)

"No, no, no, trust me. Firstly, they'll be wholly distracted for most of this - if they get so much as lured out, even if it's just to the outside of the mountain, we can get in. Now, we need to get over there, so let's go."

"I'll take a while though, BigB and Pink are going to take some time enchanting their things, I reckon."

"Oh, they will." Tanqr chuckles. "Stealth is the waiting game, is it not?"

It takes a second for Hyper to realise what Tanqr means.

"...Great." Hyper groans.

"You signed up for this, buddy."

~~~

BigB finds himself looking around at the place the quartet have made for themselves. For a group mainly focused on survival, not building, it's not that bad. It's very open, though - the middle section where their beds, crafting tables and furnaces are is completely exposed to the elements. But he supposes since you have to get through an entire cobblestone wall to get into that area, it's fairly safe. Plus all the important stuff seems to be hidden away.

Nothing a little TNT can't fix.

BigB shakes that thought out of his mind. After all, it's not his own thought - just something the boogeyman curse made him think, and he'd rather not deal with that right now, he'll be dealing with it later. He continues to distract himself by admiring the base.

But he then feels a nudge in his side and has to remind himself not to pull out his sword.

"Hello, BigBSt4tz2 and PinkLeaf! Welcome to our humble abode." Kreek steps in front of the two and bows slightly. Ah, KreekCraft. Honestly, BigB's always found the guy endearing, really nice dude, even if he's...a lot, sometimes.

"Hi, Kreek!" BigB greets. Slow and steady, lure him into a false sense of security.

"Yeah, uh, we're here to enchant our stuff. You know, the deal. Can we get this done quickly? Your base is unnerving." Clearly Pink's a bit nervous about this plan, speaking much faster than normal, and eyes darting around.

Thankfully, no one sees, probably because Pink is nervous almost all the time, apparently. (That's in Pink's own words.)

"Alright then, yeah, yeah, we're getting to it." Kreek momentarily gets distracted by yelling out at Denis, Sketch and Albert. "Hey, guys, stop messing around and get over here!"

"WE WERE JUST PUNCHING EACH OTHER!!!" Albert yells back. BigB is not sure how he didn't notice that going on.

"Okay, well, stop it, that's very unhelpful!" Kreek rolls his eyes and points to one of the pillars on the side of the base. "Enchanting table's in there."

BigB and Pink look over, and it looks like just a regular old cobblestone pillar, much to the confusion of Pink.

"That is a block of stone."

"That's cobblestone, Pink." BigB jokingly corrects, only to earn a glare.

"Same difference."

Kreek waits for the two to end their conversation before he chuckles and beckons the two over, before walking over to the pillar himself. BigB and Pink share a confused glance (though, BigB has a slight idea of what's going on).

Pink looks up at the pillar and then back at Kreek.

"So...what now?"

"Take a guess." Kreek teases.

"No." Pink's voice doesn't even waver, he just stares directly at Kreek.

"This is why I hate children. Play along with my games, I beg of you." Kreek responds.

"I'm not a child."

They stare at each other in silence for a bit until BigB speaks up.

"Is it...underground?" BigB answers as if he's on a game show.

"Nope, but you have the right idea!" Kreek seems pretty excited that BigB's playing along, unlike Pink who just looks annoyed.

Behind the trio, Sketch walks up and holds a pickaxe up to the pillar, before he mines out a block of two, in the shape of a door. BigB peeks in, and sees the enchanting table.

"We literally just hid it in there."

Pink facepalms, BigB chuckles, Kreek pouts.

"Why didn't you just tell us that?"

"I had a feeling it was gonna be in there!"

"Sketch! Hey!"

"You ruined my fun earlier, this is payback!" Sketch points at Kreek, poking him in the shoulder.

"Ugh, you can't be so loud about it, though, imagine if anyone's listening..."

"There's no one but us six here, I think, we're safe." Denis adds from across the base grounds.

"Right, whatever. Come in."

The group enter in single file through the door- well, they attempt to, but Sketch pushes in front of Kreek.

"Rude."

"Shut up, nerd."

"I'm not a nerd!"

BigB looks around the cobblestone room, before settling on the enchanting table in the middle. It's glowing, as it always does, with letters of Standard Galactic floating off it. It's pretty, in the room only lit by torches.

"Right, uh, few things-" Kreek starts. "Just...be careful. Sketch got the option to enchant his axe with efficiency two, tried and apparently just started hearing screeching in his ears. Which is definitely not supposed to happen. He screamed pretty loud."

"I still don't know why that happened." Sketch winces at the thought.

"Oh, I know why!" BigB adds. "It's because-"

"Watch him say something about this game that he really shouldn't know, but knows anyway." Pink interrupts, but BigB continues for a second before realising.

"-that's actually against the rules, you can only have one level of enchantment- hey! You're right, but hey!" BigB pouts. Pink only shakes his head.

"Yeah, I've started to get the hang of your nonsense."

BigB and Pink both laugh, while Kreek and Sketch share confused glances.

"Why do you know that-" Sketch starts.

"Anyway, I'm gonna start enchanting my stuff. I need to walk Pink through it as well, so we might be here for quite a while." BigB explains, intentionally ignoring Sketch, and now he looks like he's been cheated out of a prize.

"Oh, you've never enchanted before?" Kreek asks.

"Obviously not, I've never been here." Pink looks around a bit nervously, again, but not for the reason Kreek thinks.

"Well, I'm also here as well, so if BigBStatz isn't that helpful, you can ask me."

"I will not be asking you." Pink deadpans, much to BigB and Sketch's amusement.

"You're all so mean to me! I'm trying to help!" Kreek jokes.

"Bullying is our love language, Kreek." Sketch adds, patting him on the shoulder.

Immediately, the two of them start insulting each other. Soon enough, Albert comes in to join. Clearly, it's not a conversation for the outsiders to worry about.

BigB rolls his eyes, amused by this group's...strange dynamic, then he pulls out his pickaxe to enchant it.

(If he'd pulled out his sword first, that would be perceived as a threat, and would probably cause more harm than good. This is much safer.)

Pink comes over and watches intently as the book on the enchanting table opens up without a single touch, and gives off particles of Standard Galactic. All usual for BigB.

"Alright, they're distracted. Tell me what you're doing, I want to know everything.." Pink asks with a mildly devious tone.

"Okay, okay. So, I have three options here, and the third costs the most EXP, you'll see how much you have on your communicator..."

~~~

"Dude, they're literally just in there-" Hyper whispers to Tanqr, who's trying to focus on the moving nametags. "This isn't safe-"

"I've done riskier, it's fine." Tanqr comforts. Or at least tries to. Hyper's probably going to take his skill as a comfort.

"Well, what's the plan, we can't just stand outside the entrance."

"Hm...do you have a pickaxe?" Tanqr's had an idea for some time, he's heard of people doing this before, so he might as well try it.

"Uh...one for ores, one for mining, and one spare just in case the first two break." Over prepared, much? Well, it's not like it's not useful.

"Oh, perfect. Right." Tanqr pulls out his own pickaxe, and digs out a straight hole of 5 under him, as low as he can reach. He feels like he can reach further in Minecraftia, for some reason. He throws a lit torch at the bottom, and it sticks to the wall. Ah, the wonders of Minecraftian physics. "Follow me."

"...Are we tunnelling under?" Hyper asks, incredulous. Though, he's been incredulous about everything lately, so Tanqr pays it no mind.

"Easiest method to get out fast. Hop in, there's room. I'll make the tunnel, if I can track where the majority of nametags are. I know you have terrible eyesight, so I'll do that part, you just make sure they don't notice us."

"Okay, well, stay slow, and crouch down. They can't see our nametags if we stay low." Hyper says, as he slides in. He winces a bit at the fall.

"Weak." Tanqr teases. "Also why are you giving me advice? I'm the master here."

"Because I know Minecraftia better than you do, this isn't a stealth thing, this is a Minecraftia thing."

"Alright, alright." Tanqr's surprised they haven't blown their cover with all this chit chat, but he supposes talking quietly and sneaking up on a bunch of stupid people does the trick. "Well, stay quiet, and follow me. Put torches up where it starts to get dark, don't want to get lost. I'm heading to where the majority of nametags are."

"Right, got it. And then the plan is?"

"When they move, we tunnel up and steal the enchanting table! Or, if that's too risky, enchant from below. We can reach." Tanqr winks, before starting to mine. "And if I need one of your pickaxes, I'll tell you."

Hyper sighs, but follows along, as Tanqr starts the arduous task of digging a tunnel to where he sees Kreek, Sketch, BigB and Pink.

Tanqr's very pumped up by all this. Obviously, he doesn't actually care much about enchanting his stuff - it'll be useful, sure, but in this economy? With barely any lapis and experience points? He could go a lot longer without needing the enchantments. Nah, he just wants to get one over on Kreek, because stealing the thing he's been hogging this whole time would be much funnier.

Hyper's still nervous, though. Tanqr'll get him on board, he just needs to make sure he enjoys the thrill of it all.

And enjoy the thrill he will.

As the two fall into silence and start hiding underneath the group, Tanqr just gives Hyper a smile, which causes him to look quite terrified. This'll be quite gratifying when it's done.

~~~

Pink is mid-enchanting his tools, with BigB going over some stuff with him. It took less time than expected, honestly - though that's mainly because the quartet (the 'Bromance Bros', was it?) decided to use exact words against them and told them they weren't allowed to enchant their armour just yet, and had to only enchant their tools. Pink wanted to start a debate but BigB stepped in before any arguing could happen, and Denis shoved some bread in Sketch's mouth to make him shut up - Kreek very quickly got the hint. Though, BigB did enchant his shovel in protest. Well, he didn't explain why he's enchanting the shovel, but Pink assumes it was because of that.

(Oh, and BigB decided to post a vague remark in chat,)

~~~

<bigbst4tz2> just a fair word of warning to everyone, make sure you have the terms and conditions of your deals sorted out fully!

<MeganPlays> Sounds like someone got scammed

<KreekCraft> We didn't scam them! We just let them enchant their tools, but not their armour! As they said!

<Sketch> if you were so mad you should've let us argue

<DenisDaily> Let's not do that

<iAmSanna> So everyone's just enchanting their stuff before we can even get diamonds yet, huh

<KreekCraft> You guys haven't gotten diamonds yet?

<LeahAshe> No :((

<AshleyTheUnicorn> You guys took them all!!!

<Sketch> that is not remotely how this works at all

<MeganPlays> Just go deeper into the caves, you'll find a few, they're super low down

<LeahAshe> As if we, the team that lost someone to the monsters of the caves, wish to go any deeper

<Sketch> well that explains why you aren't finding any diamonds doesn't it

<LeahAshe> Shut up

<KreekCraft> I'll give you a diamond out of pity if you don't get one today

<KreekCraft> But I'm sure you'll find some eventually, so I don't really need to. Good luck on the diamond hunt!

<AshleyTheUnicorn> You will die within the next hour

<KreekCraft> Sure about that?

<AshleyTheUnicorn> Just let me get out of this cave first

<iAmSanna> You're safe, Kreek, it will take us much longer than an hour to get out of here T-T

~~~

(Ah, good times.)

So now, he's enchanting his things. He managed to get Sharpness on his sword, which BigB said was 'typical, but useful'. Oh, and he got both Unbreaking and Efficiency on his pickaxe! He thinks that's good, because BigB seemed excited when he got that.

BigB and him are now going over axe enchantments. Pink reads the book - even though it's in galactic, it seems that a small inkling of what it says finds its way into his mind, and while it's uncomfortable he's not complaining.

"Uh...cost one, Unbreaking, cost two, Efficiency, cost three, Smite- Smite? I thought you said that was a sword enchantment?"

"Oh, axes can be used as weapons as well! They're better if you're a heavy hitter."

Pink looks over at BigB in mild excitement.

"Why didn't you tell me this before?"

"You look intrigued by that prospect. You never really asked, so I never brought it up."

"...Can I get Sharpness on my axe?"

"Uhm...I suppose, but you haven't been given the option, so-"

"Can I make a diamond axe and then enchant that with Sharpness, and then use that as a weapon?"

"Uhm- if we have any spare diamonds."

"Ooh, that'll be fun. I'll have to try it. I've never used an axe in combat."

"Before you do that, though..." comes the very distinct voice of DenisDaily from behind them. "Can we get our diamonds? You know, the ones you promised you'd pay us with."

Pink and BigB look at each other. Ugh, Pink knew this was gonna start soon, he's not ready, but he has to try and act now.

"Why are you looking at me?" He starts the dialogue with, to which BigB hides a smile as he tilts his head to the side.

"I thought you were bringing the diamonds!" BigB continues, leading Pink to answer with his next scripted line. They rehearsed this extensively this morning.

"I thought you were bringing the diamonds. That's what we agreed on."

BigB makes a show of looking in his inventory.

"Nope, no diamonds. You check."

Pink also 'checks' in his inventory. He actually does have the diamonds, but he's only supposed to be revealing them later.

"You're joking."

"Do you have them?"

"You were supposed to be the one who was bringing the diamonds BigB, so no, I don't have them." Pink tries his best to sound as mildly angry as possible. It's clearly working, as Denis bursts into laughter.

"How did- How did you both-" Denis tries and fails to get his question out due to his laughter. "How did you both forget-"

"What's happening, why are you laughing so hard, Denis?" Kreek asks, entering the room at possibly the worst time.

"They- they both forgot the diamonds! Don't ask me how, but they forgot the diamonds!" Denis responds in between wheezes.
Kreek facepalms.

"...I have...no words." Kreek puts his hands together and points them at the duo. "What- how- you- ugh...do you even have the diamonds?"

"Yes, they're back at our base!" BigB smiles (Pink can't tell if it's genuine), pointing in the general direction of their wooden hut. "You guys can come with us and we'll get them for you!"

Kreek and Denis look at each other, with Denis just nodding in response.

"Well, we better get our diamonds out of this." Kreek says, and Pink does his best not to audibly sigh in relief.

"Okay, come on!" BigB looks over at Pink, they nod to each other, and they start to leave the base. Kreek and Denis gather up Sketch and Albert as they do so.

"Reinforcements." Denis jokes, but he doesn't know how much he might actually need reinforcements.

"Are you sure this isn't a ploy to kill us?" Sketch asks, and while it's a joke, Pink nearly panics before BigB quickly covers for him.

"No, of course not! We just had a brain fart, is all."

Once the quartet is behind them, Pink and BigB make eye contact, and just stare at each other for a bit.

Oh boy. This is going to get real hostile, real fast.

"They're going! BigB and Pink forgot their diamonds!" Tanqr whispers, pulling Hyper up to him. "Once they're gone, we can build up and take the enchanting table!"

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Hyper worries, for the millionth time.

"Yes! Now come on!" Tanqr smirks.

This is going to be...useful, at least. At most?

Hysterical.

~~~

A/N

It's that time of the month again, folks! Not complaining, monthly updates means I have longer  to write chapters, which considering the fact I'm really busy now, is a  good thing. Though I did manage to get two chapters done when I meant  to write one, so that's good at least! Plus this 'Day' ended up being  wayyy longer than I intended it to.

This fic's  gonna be a long one if this keeps up, so strap in, boys.

Thank you for reading! You should totally stay tuned, cause it all goes down in the next chapter >:)

- YanDan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 52 14
After an accident with a creeper, Blue wakes up in Third Life with no supplies and no memory of how she got there. She makes friends... but she also...
38 0 6
A cutesy romance fan-fiction that mainly focuses around a literature club, featuring 4 skilled and unique members! Throughout this story, you will be...
23.7K 808 65
Woke up in a world made of blocks also known as Minecraft, alone by yourself and scared... but are you really alone? This is a dreamSMP x fem reader...
131 18 10
------------------------ 'A chase lead you to this place. Until you found that office, you had thought it was over, but was it really?' Or a story in...