Oil & Water

بواسطة Jokers_Kitten

Sequel to Wood and Ice. What happens to Rochelle now when she actually meets Tyler Seguin? Will she be able t... المزيد

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 11
chapter 12

chapter 10

18 3 1
بواسطة Jokers_Kitten

Tyler

It took some time, but I feel better than I have ever felt before. In fact, it took me another full year. But during that time, I focused on bettering myself, for myself. Not for her. Even though she is my end goal. I know that if I can't get myself better than I won't be better for her. My family noticed a change in me, and so did my team. 

I was on top of my game. And not once did I drink to access or get caught up in all the females that were around. Sure, some of the guys that are new to the team wanted me to hang out with them and party. But I couldn't do it. It just didn't feel right.

And even though I was working on myself, not once did I try to look her up.  I didn't want to do that. 

"Tyler, we are heading out to dinner as a team." Jamie said.

"Okay, Chubs, just let me know when and where." 

Jamie set up a dinner for the team, and it was actually good. 

Over the next several weeks, we had a game against Tampa, and it was here at home. Jayson is still our goalie and doing a remarkable job. I got to say our friendship grew. He respected my wishes by never telling me how Rochelle was doing. And to be honest, I think that is what made our bond grow stronger. We won the game 5-2.

"Hey, so uh, there's something I want to ask you guys." Jayson said as we were changing.

"What's that?" I asked.

Jamie just looked at him, not saying a word.

"Well, I am  having a small gathering at my place in a few weeks and would like to know if you guys wanted to attend."

"Sure." Jamie said.

"Tyler?"

"Yeah sure Jayson that would be fine."

Never once questioned why I was asked or why Jamie didn't say anything,  I packed my gear and headed home.

My sisters were at my house and lounging around the pool. And being the brother I am, I cooked dinner for those two.

Several days went by, and Jayson told us the details of this little gathering of his. 

And apparently, some of the other teammates were gonna be there too. As I arrived at the address he gave me, it really didn't look at all like his house.  But I got out of my car and entered through the side gate like instructed.

I saw Matt and his wife, Jayson and his wife, some of the guys from the team, along with Jamie. Stopping by, I said hi to everyone there. I had Cass and Candice with me as they were also invited by Jayson.

"Glad you three could make it." Jayson said as he bro hugged me, then hugged my sisters.

"Thanks for having us, Jayson. " Both Cass and Candice said.

The four of us talked for a while, and I eventually left to find the restroom.

But that was short-lived when I bumped into a beautiful brunette. "Sorry, that was my fault. " I said. But then this beauty turned around, and my breath caught in my throat. After all these years , she stood before me.

"It's ok. " She said but didn't really pay attention until she looked up at me.
"Hi, Tyler."

Just two simple words, and I was literally brought down to my knees. All I could do was look up at her.

"Tyler, get up."

After a few minutes, I stood and just looked at her.  "God, you're so beautiful."

She blushed. Actually blushed.  She still stood in front of me, and it was like I couldn't  breathe.  Nothing around me mattered anymore.  Not this party, hockey, family, or even friends.  The only thing that mattered was her.  And I would lay my life and career down for her.

"Um, Tyler, you're staring."

"I know."

She giggled. And it was like music to my soul.

"Did you need in here?"

"What?"

She giggled again and pointed to the bathroom.

"Oh, that. I mean, I do, but I don't want to incase you disappear on me again." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"Go use the bathroom,  Tyler.  I will be right here outside the door waiting for you. I think it's time that we talk, right?"

"Promise you won't disappear?"

"Promise." She said with a smile.

So I quickly went in and did my thing, then washed my hands. When I opened the door, she was still standing there.

"Ok, so maybe this isn't a dream, I think." I said, causing her to shake her head.

"Come on, I know a place where we can be alone and chat without anyone finding us."

"Lead the way." 

We walked down a hallway, and up some, we reached what looked like an attic but was made into a room.

"Where are we?"

"My room."

"You have a room here in Jayson's house like this?" I was impressed.

"This isn't his house. Is that what that shit said? I swear."

"What he said he was hosting a party for the guys on the team and gave me this address. I don't understand.  If this isn't his house, then whose is it?" I looked at her but then realized what she said.
"Wait, you said this was your room, right?"

She nodded her head.

"Did he..."

"Set this up?" She asked .

Be both smiled.

"So typical of Jayson.  always trying to meddle."

"Not just him. Jamie had a hand in this too. He didn't sound off at all, better yet question Jayson about the address when it was given to us."

"I can explain that part." She said cringing.  "See I've reconnected with Jamie several years ago when we met at dinner was the first time I've seen him or you for that fact."

"Yeah was with Plastic. I remember. I ran after you that night when you left. Made a choice that I knew needed to be done. So I dumped the girl I was with so I could get my life back in shape."

"I know, Jamie has kept me up on all the details with you."

"Really?"

"Yeah." She walked over to a small couch that led to a window that looked out over a lake. "Come sit."

You could feel the nervous tension but also the excitement in the air as we sat down in an alcove over looking a lake.

"Ty."

"Ro"

Be both said at the same time. Causing us both to chuckle a bit. As we each cut our names off when we started talking at once.

"Please, you first?" I said.

"Thank you."

I just nodded. "What happened between us?"

"Honesty answer that I can give you is that I fucked up." She just looked at me, surprised that I said it. "I pushed ypu away. I got jealous, envious, and wanted all your attention for myself. And when I didn't get it. I acted like a fuck up. And for that I'm truly sorry."

"I let my bowling get in-between us. I didn't want to be known as the girl that was with Tyler. I wanted a name for myself. I wanted to prove to everyone out there that I wasn't riding your coattails for fame and fortune.  I let my pride get in the way." She said the last part out.

"You really broke up with that douche canoe?" I asked her.

"You really over that plastic wanna be barbie?"

"Hell yes." I said. "And just to let you know, I never slept with her." She looked at me in shock. So I kept on. "I couldn't in my right mind.  I mean at time the opportunity came about. But I knew it wasn't right. So I kept making excuses after excuses.  So eventually she just gave up asking me for it. To be honest, I think she was getting it from somewhere else."

"I never slept with him either." Now it was my turn to be surprised.  "I couldn't go through that.  It felt like I was cheating on you with him. So I made excuses all the time."

We sat there quiet for a bit till we both started laughing.  Then started talking about where our careers took us. And I was surprised that she was in every place I was in and at the same time.

I couldn't tell you when we stopped talking because the next thing I knew I was waking up to soft giggles. Taking a minute to process where I was, I realized why four people were giggling.
Rochelle and I were cuddled together with a blanket wrapped around us.

She started to stir. And I got tense. I didn't want her to regret me being here with her. Especially like this.

"Morning." She said just above a whisper, but still loud enough where the 4 stood.

"Well good morning to you too princess.  Now just to make sure, you two are still wearing clothes right." Jayson spoke up as he tried to remove the blanket.

Her eyes widened with recognition as to who was talking and she sat right up. Good for me not supporting the morning wood. That went away the minute I came fully awake with eyes staring at me,  smirking.

"Of course we are decent you asshole." Her voice was comical but still at a bite to it.

Jayson threw his hands up.in surrender as my sisters, along with Jamie, were laughing.  "Hey now, don't get all pissy pants with me." He said with a grin.

"If you know what's best for you right now, Jayson, you will take your leave."

I wanted so badly to laugh at how shocked his face is. But dare not to.

"Alright, alright. Keep your clothes on. Unless you are saying that so you can get some." He said, wiggling his brows.

"Jayson."

He turned and started walking, leaving 3 just standing there.

"Well, you heard her." I said with a raised brow. I'm trying my damnest not to laugh.

Jamie agreed and took my sister's arms and dragged them out of the room. All laughing as they went.

I wanted to wrap my arms around her but didn't know if I should.  That was until she decided to lay back up against me on the couch. 

"I'm sorry. " I said to her. She turned and looked at me and asked me what for. "That it took me this late to be with you. Like this. I should have fought harder for you."

"You're here now. And so am I.  Let's not worry about what happened.  Let's worry about now and hope for tomorrow." She said while looking at me.

"I really missed you. And still love you. I'm so sorry about what happened in the past. I just hope you will give me another shot." I honestly said to her.

" I love you too. And missed you as well. I'm sorry for my part in everything that happened between us. I want another shot with you, too."

"You do?" She smiled and nodded. "Ok then. Let's do this." I smiled and so did she. "Can I ask you one thing?"

"Sure."

"Can I please kiss you?"

She smiled and laughed. But what I didn't expect was her to crash her lips to mine. And this kiss seemed unearthly.

When we pulled a part to catch our breaths we just layed there looking at each other. 

"Wow."  She said.

But I didn't know how to verbalize what I felt. So I kissed her this time. And it felt so great to have her in my arms once again.

****

Sorry for the long update my fellow readers. Had a bit of writers block. 

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

32.6K 1.8K 43
18+ only "The fewer people that know the truth the better. And if this all goes smoothly, you two will be able to get divorced before the hockey sea...
356K 4.5K 38
Harley and Tyler have been friends all their lives but can one mistake and an NHL draft ruin all of that? **COMPLETED** DISCLAIMER *This is all fake...
251K 5.4K 42
Christine Miller's lifelong dream was to graduate from Harvard University. The last thing she wanted to do was fall in love, especially since her pre...
53.3K 405 41
She meets a hockey player. She falls in love. He doesn't know what he wants. Distance separates the two. Will it push them together?