It's okay to ask for help (9...

By Fanfic___Stories2009

Evan Buckley lives at home with his Mother, Margrette Buckley, and Father, Philip Buckley. They both are horr... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.

Chapter 19.

1.6K 23 5
By Fanfic___Stories2009

After a few more minutes, Buck, Chimney, Eddie, and Maddie all had got up to walk over to the bar for a drink, Athena haveing to be at the table with Bobby, and Hen as she had arrived as soon as that bartender left.

"What you all haveing?" Buck asked.

"You know what. Let's start of light, have a few beers." Eddie spoke up, before a guy walked over, who they recorgnised as the bartender from before, Matthew.

"Alright Buck, what can I get ya?" Matthew asked, with a grin.

"7 beers." Buck answered.

"Comeing right up." Matthew said, bending down to the fridge, "So, wanna introduced me?"

"Right." Buck mumbled, "That's my Sis, Maddie, and then the people I work with. Chimney, and Eddie, then there is Hen who's over at our booth, and our Cap, Bobby, and his wife, Athena."

Eddie and Chimney frowned at being introduced as the people he just worked with.

"Well then, nice to meet yall. I'm Matthew." The Bartender introduced himself, sending a smile to Buck, "I'm Buck's mate."

It was obviouse Matthew was british.

"How'd you two meat?" Eddie asked.

"Oh, well I would say we met here when Buck got well pissed off of whiskey and all that, but it wasn't. The first time we met was a few years back, he was only around 16? Maybe 18? But, we had both gone out to get something to drink, and well I guess we just ran into each other." Matthew explained, "Hey, why don't you guys sit? I can bring these over on a tree in a few, and then you can ask all questions what I know the answer to about Buck, since that is when my break is at."

"Sure." Chimney said, them all smiling before walking over.

"Where's the drinks?" Bobby asked.

"Matthew is gonna bring them over, on his break. So, we can ask any kind of questions about Buckaroo." Chimney said, with a smirk, at Buck going red slightly and looked away.

"Who?"

"Oh, Buck's friend who works here." Eddie answered Athena's question. As just then the blond bartender walked over, putting the tray full of beers down on the table and started handing them around, before sitting down in the booth beside Buck, nudging him slightly.

"You alright? I'm Matthew." He introduced himself again, shaking Bobby's hand and then Athena's, then he turned to Buck with a small grin and handed Buck his own beer, "On the house."

"Thanks Man." Buck said, and took a sip, everybody else doing the same.

"So, Matthew, since you are Buck's mate, I am guessing you guys are close? Because, I don't see him sneaking of to meat up with anybody." Maddie wondered out loud.

"Well, I guess we just got busy. Buck especially. Last time I saw him was about 3 weeks ago, when he told me he got a job, and I told him I had a date, I had to come to him for advice, considering I know nothing about dating." Matthew said, a arm leaning on the chair just by Buck's head.

"Hey, still have no idea why you came to be." Buck answered.

"Still more romantic then me. And, that is a fact my friend." Matthew said, taking a sip of his own beer what he got, "Hey, you should come by more often."

"Trust me, I try." Buck said, "I just get caught up."

"Well, you don't work every day do you?" Matthew said, with a smirk while Buck shrugged.

"Just get busy. Anyway, how you been doing?" Buck questioned.

"Alright. I've seen your old Man come in on some days." Matthew said, patting Buck's shoulder, while resting a arm on his shoulder.

"Yeah, don't really care." Buck said, with a small grin where Matthew chuckled.

"Dad's been comeing in here?" Maddie spoke up.

"Yeah, he always gets himself smashed. Had to call him an uber a few times, because he couldn't drive back, could he?" Matthew said, "Oh, oh, oh! Buck, Amelia would be dying to see you again."

"Really?" Buck questioned.

"Yep. Hey, remember when she was hitting on that girl before, it was hoilareious." Matthew said, causing Buck to laugh.

"She here?" Buck questioned.

"Yeah, she'll be back, Went round back for a smoke." Matthew said, patting Buck's questioned and went to say something before bursting out laughing.

"Don't you dare say it." Buck said threatneingly, causing them all to look between the two, confused.

"I'm--I'm sorry." Matthew said, between laughs, "But, I remember when you first tried smoking!"

"You-you smoked?" Maddie said, choking on her beer. Buck turned to glare at Matthew.

"It was only once. I was being stupid." Buck said.

"How old were you?" Bobby asked.

"16." Matthew answered.

"Dude!" Buck shouted, punching Matthew in her chest, causing him to wince.

"Ow! Watch it, Man." Matthew said, before looking behind the booth, "Come on."

"What?" Buck questioned, when Matthew dragged him to his feet and dragged him abit away, Buck smiled at seeing a raven haired girl, wearing a short crop top, and black tight skinny jeans, what hugged her. Once she saw him, she smiled and walked on over.

"There he is!" The girl exclaimed, they were still stood beside the booth, when the girl walked over and pulled Buck into a hug, "God, look how tall you got!"

"Hey, I haven't grown that much." Buck said, not even flinching but he slowly pulled away.

"Matthew being annoying?" The Girl asked, turning to glare at the bartender who was laughing.

"Very." Buck said, turning to also glare at Matthew, the girl leaning on him.

"How have you been anyway? I haven't seen you in forever." The girl mummered, turning to face Buck again, before realising that the firefighters was sat on the booth beside them, then she turned to look at Buck again, "Omg. You got the job!"

"Mhm." Buck hummed, with a smirk, "I became a firefighter around 3 weeks ago."

"Why didn't you tell me you got it!" The girl exclaimed, before pulling Buck back into a hug, "I'm so proud of you."

"Thanks." Buck mumbled, hugging her back.

"Buck?" Maddie spoke up, causing Buck to pull away from the girl.

"Uh, Amelia. These are my team and sister. Maddie, my Sis, and then my team, Eddie, Chimney, and Hen, and then my Cap, Bobby, and last Bobby's wife, Athena." Buck introduced them all, "Guys, this is one of my friends, Amelia."

"Nice to meat you." Hen said.

"You to. Hope you're treating my Bucky well?" Amelia said, kissing Buck's cheek, causing them all to look between them.

"Amelia." Buck said, causing Amelia to look at them all and lick her lips while checking out a female at the bar.

"Sorry boys, I'm being called." Amelia whispered, walking away and over to the bar where the girl sat. Buck smiled after her.

"Now, I know what you guys are thinking, but she's just my friend. But, she's not lesbien." Buck said, like it was normal, "She's more like a Sister then anything."

"Mhm. Well, what gave it away? Maybe her makeing out with her." Eddie said, them all looking over to the bar, to see Amelia with her toung down some girls throat.

Buck chuckled while sitting down.

"Trust me, that wasn't the first time that has happened." Buck mumbled, chugging the rest of his beer, while Matthew had walked away to countinue working, since his break was over.

"You seem close to them." Athena spoke up.

"Well, they kinda were my first friends?" Buck mumbled, turning to glance at the bar, to see Matthew laughing while moving to the corner, Amelia was battering him, "They are kinda like my family. Has been since I was 16."

"Family?" Maddie mumbled. Buck looked away, before clearing his throat.

"Anymore to drink?" Buck asked, looking around.

"Here. Let me get it!" Maddie spoke up, handing Buck her card, "What do you all want?"

"Beer." Chimney and Eddie said, as did everybody else. Buck nodded and stood up, walking over to the bar he ordered the 7 beers, and laughed when Matthew had dragged him off of the bar since he was leaning on it and hid behind him, each hand on each of his shoulder, and Amelia was trying to get to him.

"Buck, hand him over." Amelia snarled.

"Calm down, Amelia." Buck said, moving out of the way of Matthew.

"Buck, you betrayed me!" Matthew shouted.

"Aren't you two meant to be working?" Buck questioned, thanking the guy who gave him his beers.

"I should say the same to you? Aren't you meant to be saving lives?" Amelia shot back.

"I just got off of a 24 hour shift, thank you very much." Buck said, "I'm only here, because they over there wouldn't take no for an answer."

"They been treating you well? Because, if they haven't, I will make sure they do." Amelia said threateningly, causing Matthew and Buck to shudder and taked a step away from her.

"Yeah, I guess. . . they are kind of like my team. I mean, they are my team, but--! You know what I mean." Buck said, stopping himself and changing what he was going to say causeing Amelia and Matthew to smile at him.

"I gotta say, it's nice to have you around again, Buck." Matthew said, giving Buck a pat on the back, "Hey, want to make a drink? For old times sake?"

Buck chuckled.

"I wish, but they don't let people who don't work heere so that." Buck said, walking back over to the booth and put the tray of beers down.

"Took your time." Maddie said, smiling at Buck. Just, then Matthew and Amelia ran on over, one on eaither side of Buck since he was still stood up.

"Come on Buck!" Matthew begged, "Please?"

"Matthew, I can't." Buck said.

"Can't what?" Chimney asked.

"Nothing." Buck cut in.

"Buck, you got to show them how it's done! Look, those bastards think they can do better then anyone." Amelia said, motioing to the end part of the bar, where these guys were going against each other, mixing drinks doing all moved and everything.

"I told you. I don't work here." Buck hissed.

"But, everybody who comes here knows you!" Matthew cut in.

"Okay, what is going on?" Hen asked, but Matthew, and Amelia kept on trying to talk Buck into doing something but he just sipped at his beer.

"Come on! Nows your chance." Matthew said, when one of the guy turned his back.

"Matthew!" Buck shouted, when said guy grabbed his beer out of his hand, putting it on the table and dragged him on over to the bar. Stopping inches away from it, when Buck stopped and yanked his arm away from Matthew.

"Buckley!" Buck heard somebody shouted, causing him to sigh and turning around, seeing the guy who was doing all of the moved while mixing the drinks, causing him to glare at him, "Thought you would never show your face around here again."

"Could say the same to you." Amelia shouted, joining in on the conversation, comeing up to the other side of Buck, "He's better then you!"

"Amelia!" Buck shouted, before sighing when the guy smirked and turned to him.

"Is that so? Wanna prove that theory?" The Guy asked, but Buck only ignored him and turned around, trying to walk back to the booth, "That's right! Walk away."

"Buck!" Matthew shouted, running infront of him, "Please. Prove him wrong."

Buck only sighed.

"He's just worthless." Buck heard the guy whisper to someone else. Buck sighed, and didn't know what came over him but he jumped onto the bar and jumped onto the other side, where the workers went.

"Hey!" That guy from before shouted, but Buck had started mixing drinks, the guy just watched before growling when he dropped the cup on the bar, putting un unbrella in it, it going from dark blue, light blue, pink, lighter pink, green, and back to blue all the way up the glass.

Buck had dropped the glass infront of this guy, who picked it up and dipped at it, his eyes lighting up.

"This is incredible!" The guy exclaimed, going on to sipping the drink, while everybody else clapped softly. Buck sighed, and looked back at the guy then jumped back over the bar.

"There. You happy now?" Buck snarled to Matthew and Amelia, who had the biggest smirk on there face.

"What was that!?" Maddie exclaimed.

"Before I went to be a firefighter, I worked here for abit of money." Buck said.

"Take that!" They all heard Amelia shouted, before she ran over, with Matthew.

"Hey Buck, might want to--!" Matthew got cut of, when that guy from the bar shoved him to the side.

"Oh, hey Toby." Buck said, sitting down in his spot in the booth.

"Don't 'hey' me!" Tony snarled.

"Well, what do you want me to say? You fucking wanted me to prove you wrong." Buck said, "So, I did just that so you can't come barging over here and think you can bully me."

Buck had stood up.

"Buck!" Maddie shouted, when Toby shoved him to the side. Buck wasted no time in swinging at Toby, getting him in the face, Toby fell to the ground. Buck backed up, and walked out of the bar.

They all also ran out of the bar, bandening the booth, they all looked around once outside, and saw Buck panting, while leaning against his jeep.

"Buck!" Maddie shouted, running over and hugging him, "Are you okay?"

"Fine." Buck grumbled, stepping away from Maddie, Bobby Athena, Hen, Chimney, Hen and Eddie all walked on over.

"That was one heck of a punch." Eddie spoke up.

"Eddie!" Hen snarled, "You alright, Buck?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Just abit bruised." Buck mumbled, his left hand on his right shoulder.

"Here, let me have a look." Hen said, moving to Buck's side, and spining him around so his back wasn't against the jeep, and slowly pulled Buck's t-shirt down to reveal a bruise what was already comeing out black and purple, "Woah, that guy sure got you good. Just ice it and it'll be fine."

Buck pulled away from Hen.

"Uhm, sorry for ruining your guys night but I should get going." Buck mumbled, walking to the driver side of his car and opened the door.

"Buck. . ." Maddie mumbled, but Buck only jumped into his car and pulled of.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 363 11
Buck wanted to go home. He wanted nothing more than to be back with his family and to go home. Things had been rough this last year though, first his...
2.8K 58 9
Kaitlyn "Kate" Buckley is Buck's twin sister. She was left with her parents when Maddie and Buck left to move and decided with their lives. After 26...
20.7K 432 22
Alyssa Marie Nash lives in LA with her son. She has a horrible and sad past but she tries not to think of it everyday. She part of the 118 with her d...
51K 1.8K 28
In which, Josephine attempts to overcome the losses amid saving lives in the city. [911 SEASON 3-4]