I Wish U Luck

By BluePeriodB

Emalia is working when suddenly in walks a devastatingly, handsome, stranger. He sits at a table glaring at a... More

𝓩𝓔𝓡𝓞
𝓞𝓝𝓔
𝓣𝓗𝓡𝓔𝓔
𝓕𝓞𝓤𝓡
𝓕𝓘𝓥𝓔
𝓢𝓘𝓧
𝓢𝓔𝓥𝓔𝓝
𝓔𝓘𝓖𝓗𝓣
𝓝𝓘𝓝𝓔
𝓣𝓔𝓝
𝓔𝓛𝓔𝓥𝓔𝓝
𝓣𝓦𝓔𝓛𝓥𝓔
𝓣𝓗𝓘𝓡𝓣𝓔𝓔𝓝
𝓕𝓞𝓤𝓡𝓣𝓔𝓔𝓝
𝓕𝓘𝓕𝓣𝓔𝓔𝓝
𝓢𝓘𝓧𝓣𝓔𝓔𝓝
𝓢𝓔𝓥𝓔𝓝𝓣𝓔𝓔𝓝

𝓣𝓦𝓞

565 22 39
By BluePeriodB

I sit at one of the long tables at the very back of the lecture class, struggling to keep an eye open. I was only able to get a couple of hours of sleep before I had to wake up.

I'm really feeling the effects now.

The professor continues talking about... well, I don't know, I'm barely managing to sit up right.

My eyes continue to slide closed against my will, the noises around me fading into background.

My head begins feeling like a heavy weight dragging me down, weight piling on more and more as the seconds tick by.

"Ouch!!" I screech, my forehead buzzing from the impact of hitting my head. My hand reaches to rub my head attempting to soothe the pain. I look at my hand looking to see if there's blood on it. There's not, obviously there wouldn't be Emalia you didn't hit it that hard.

"I said, if there was a problem."

I look up to find Dr. Taylor, the professor, glaring at me looking about ready to kick me out. Shame creeps up to my face, my eyes trying to look anywhere but him.

"I'm sorry; I'm, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to interrupt you, sir." I rush to get the words out speaking just loud enough for him to hear me. Usually I don't have a problem speaking with others but right now... I do.

My discomfort becomes very apparent when my palm, enclosed with last night's bandage, begins to feel its familiar itching. The feel of not only Dr. Taylor's stare but also everyone else's in class causes the urge to scratch to intensifies.

The room remains quiet. I feel beads of sweat forming on my forehead, I remove the hand from my palm, that was beginning it's digging, and run it across my forehead.

I hesitantly look up at the class moving my eyes to Dr. Taylor's; his thin lips formed into a straight tight line, his face pinched with a mixture of annoyance and anger.

I nod my head with disappointment understanding what he wants, I collect the pink pen and notebook from the table shoving them into my bag. I quickly rush to the stairs, taking them two at a time, my ankle really feeling last nights injury as I rush to escape the feel of everyones eyes. I look down at the carpeted stairs heat coloring my cheeks.

"Don't disrupt my class again." I hear him say before the door closes behind me.

I stand in the hallway now wide awake and embarrassed. I look at the door to the class hearing a click sound coming from it.

It must be because it's morning; everyone's a little grumpy then.

I look down the bright hall and walk towards the exit door. I walk pass dozens of doors that lead to classrooms, most empty, before I reach the door.

The sun immediately welcomes me once I step outside; I look up at the sky, the brightness making me squint.

I take in the fresh air of the morning, loving the feel of the sun on my tan skin. The sky is bright blue holding fluffy clouds, it's beautiful.

I stay there for a while just gazing up till I finally move catching sight of a girl looking at me with a weirded out expression. Maybe I was there too long, she might think I'm crazy.

I smile bright at her showing that I'm perfectly sane but she walks away hitting my shoulder as she passes.

It's because it's morning, I nod in understanding, choosing to tell myself that rather than the probable truth.

I look at down at the leather black watch on my wrist, 9:26. It used to be my Pa's watch, Ma had given it to my on my thirteenth birthday; the watch is loose around my wrist, the clasp unable to be adjusted into a different size but it's still the best present I've ever gotten. It's leather is torn from use making me love it more, he wore it often, I will too.

Seeing that I left early from my first class today, I have a little over an hour till my next one. Looking around a the campus I spot the library and walk towards it. It's not one of those cool libraries with fun books but rather old, boring, thick text books.

I go toward there for it's coffee shop and the delicious chocolate chip muffins they sell. Just thinking of them make my mouth water as I pick up my pace eager to stuff one or two in my face. I blame those things for my little belly rolls.

I enter the library my eyes set on my target; I see the fat chocolate chip muffins in display and grin. Perfect.

I walk to the register smiling "Good morning Ms. Meera!" The older lady smiles a small gorgeous smile softening her features "Good morning Emalia." She says her accent thick and lovely.

I smile and order two muffins and a sugary coffee with lots and lots of whip cream on top. I really shouldn't have so much sugar butttt I didn't have a super great morning sooo... I'm getting it.

She hands me the muffins then moves to make the coffee. In the three minutes she took to make the coffee I'd devoured one muffin and was ready to do the same to the other.

"Thank you!" I tell her. An surge of happiness courses through me at the sight of the huge mountain of whip cream, she's the greatest. She nods with a soft smile on her face. She doesn't talk much but that's ok.

I sit at one of the tables and take my phone out, I begin reading the book I'd downloaded just the other day.

A blush soon scorches my skin when soon later the book gets inappropriate.

I slam my phone down on the table looking around to make sure nobody saw me.

I sip my drink looking anywhere but at my phone as it's scenes pop up in my head.

Look at the muffin, think of the muffin, look at the muffin, think of the muffin. I repeat over and over concentrating on just that.

I pick the muffin up slowly bring it to my mouth, I'm so alone.

I chew sadly but remember it's better this way; last time I was with someone they hurt me.
I'm better off now, happier now.

I go to eat another bite of my muffin when I realize it's all gone, noooo. I huff out reaching towards my drink to realize that too was gone, darn. I look at my watch seeing I have thirty minutes till my next class.

What do I do now? My eyes slowly travel to my phone and I immediately look away.

I look around my hand slowly reaching towards my phone; I'm reading.

Time pass quickly before it's time for my class.

I'm in Literature climbing the stairs to sit in the back getting a few nasty looks as I go up, those coming from the class I left. I smile at them apologetically, I did disrupt there learning time, which their paying for.

The class passes by too quickly before I have to leave. Ms.Moore gives us a five page essay to write on a classic book of are choosing before dismissing us. I think of the book I want as I walk to chemistry, one of the most confusing classes ever. Don't ask me why I thought it would be easy, it's definitely not

I sit in the science lab scared of what Dr. Yu will teach. She's a great teacher it's just that the subject is hard.

I'm failing this class and I really need to pass the next test; that curve better be high. The class passes in an agonizingly, slow, and confusing pace before it's finally over. By the end of it my hand hurts from all the notes that don't even make sense.

I leave the class running out not wanting to be there a second longer. Once out the building I take a seat on the grass exhausted from the minute run. Definitely not running in the future.

I gasp for air taking off my thick sweater. I look down at my shirt smiling at it, I love Taylor swift, I think well staring at the image of one of her albums.

I look at the time seeing I have four hours till my shift begins, great. Having no classes left to go to I decide to go back to the library and do the homework for English.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

I arrive at the fancy club, its beautiful two story building decorated with large blacked out windows, which you can only see through from the inside.

I go to the back and park. I collect my uniform and shove it into my backpack removing a few notebooks so it's not heavy and can fit my uniform. I enter through the backdoors which leads to a hall with a few doors.

I go through the first door to my right which is a locker room for all the employees.

I change quickly into the black uniform before anyone can come inside and see me. I tie the waist apron around, well ,my waist. I look into the mirror letting the curls out of its messy knot. I hate that they want the hair down rather than up.

It's super tangled so I try running my fingers to settle it down and make it look decent. After a few tears, and lots of pulled out hair, I finally managed to make it look ok in a half up half down hairstyle.

I nod at myself in the mirror looking at the black jeans and shirt, I prefer this uniform much better to the other one for the weekends.

I step through the door and walk into the kitchen where cooks are buzzing around fulfilling meal orders to the customers. During the week, up until Friday, this place is a restaurant, once Friday comes though, it turns into a lively popular night club.

"Hi, hello" I wave happily around to the staff smiling bright. "Hola Emalia, ¿Comó te va?" I smile at my best friend Raul. I give him a quick hug "¡Espectacular! ¿Y a ti?" I ask him stepping back "Va." he say looking exhausted. I give him a sad smile. "Pos espero qué te vaya mejor." I tell him, giving him another tight hug before leaving.

(Translation: Raul- How's it going? Emalia- spectacular. And you? Raul- it's going. Emalia- well I hope it turns better)

The low lights of the dining room make the place feel private and exclusive. In the middle of the place is a circular bar with stools around for anyone who wants to drink rather than have a meal. I spot Olivia, the manager.

"Hi, how can I help?" She looks down at me her face plastered into a scowl. I continue smiling as her bright blue eyes look at me with distaste. She loves me. "You're late," she sneers, I frown looking at the time. No, if anything, I'm early, my shift starts at 5:30 , its 5:20 "Go find Sarah." I nod not bothering to argue, and go look for my coworker.

I quickly find her cleaning up the table. "Hey, what can I do?" She looks up "Hi, we can split off this section and you take the right side of it." She says straight to the point, I like her. I nod waving good bye.

The day goes by in a rush as I move around helping and serving the customers smiling so much my cheeks hurt. It's eleven by now so there isn't much customer.

My feet hurt. Just one more hour till closing time, I clean up, and then I'll be go home, yippee.

Henry passes by as I'm cleaning up a table notifying me of another client. I nod my head and thank him for the heads up. I quickly clean the table and reset it. I look up spotting the client and walk towards him.

I spot Olivia looking at me, I smile and wave noticing her face turn red and angry. I look away approaching the table. "Hello, I'm your server for today, if you need anything I'm here to help. Can I start you off with a drink?" I look up and quickly smile focusing my eyes down at the tablet screen before quickly looking up again.

He's...wow. I take a step back shocked, I suddenly bump into someone making me take my eyes away from him to look behind me.

Olivia stands there looking deadly, her sharp scary eyes making her look about ready to kill me.

"Olivia I'm so sorry I didn't mean to, are you ok?" Her nostrils flare as she looks at me.

"Fucking idiot" she mutters pushing me back. It's because she's tired and it's late, I tell myself shaking off the hurt. I'm not an idiot.

I turn back to him plastering a bright smile, "She might have eaten something bad." I comment. He looks at me his eyes meeting my mine, his silver grey eyes. Ooo I've never seen such a color.

He doesn't say or do anything just stares, so I ask him a question feeling nervous "Do you like milkshakes? We serve great milkshakes, " I nod excitedly " you look like you love them."

His face doesn't change, his beautiful face. His face is flawlessly perfect, made up of sharp cheek bones to go along with his strong jaw. I continue to stare at him waiting for him to say if he likes milkshakes or not. He must be shy.

"Do you want me to get you a drink?" He doesn't respond and just as I'm thinking he won't, he say " Water." The sound of his voice is unexpected. I look at him surprised to here him talk and wanting him to do it again. It was deep and rough, his accent faint, but there making him even more attractive.

"Are you sure?" I ask trying to hear him again. He only glares and looks away.

It was worth the try. A for effort.

I go for his water thinking of his face as I walk away. I didn't know people like that existed; that's not fair, his face was so symmetrical and there was no blemish in sight. He must of been a saint in his past life to get a face like that.

I shake my head returning to the task at hand. I get the iced water with its little lemons inside, and make my way back when I see Olivia at the table twirling her blonde hair around her finger.

Get it girl, he's soo cute. I would do the same but, I'd probably just embarrass myself.

As I walk closer I'm shocked to see her smiling, I've never seen that before, I wasn't even sure she could. We really do learn something new everyday.

"Leave me the fuck alone." I hear him say. He talked again, yay. Then I realize what he said and flinch.

I walk towards him seeing him glare at Olivia.
My frown deepens as I look at her face. She looks hurt and sad looking about ready to cry, something else I've never seen before either.

That was rude of him, if he wanted her to leave he could have said it nicer. My eyes narrow when I turn and look back at him.

I set the water down with a thud making some of it spill. His eyes move away from her and towards me. "That was a bit rude." I point out.

I know Olivia doesn't like me but that doesn't mean she deserves to be talked to like that.

His glare deepens making him look really scary. I cross my arms holding my ground, he won't intimidate me.

"Both of you get the hell out of my sight, now" His voice rumbles. I take it back, his voice never sounded all that great in the first place. I nod my head "I wanted to leave anyway, let's go Olivia." I take two steps before turning back and grabbing the water. He doesn't deserve this. I snatch it from the table and walk away.

When people are mean to me it's fine, but when I see it being done to another who doesn't deserve it, I just can't help myself.

I feel a pitch on my arm and quickly yank it away dropping the water. "Ahh, why did you do that?" I ask picking the cup and lemon slices up from the black tiled floor. I see Olivia twisting her red painted lips into a snarl.

"Why did you say that to him!" She screams pushing me towards the kitchen.

" I didn't do anything." I say now in the kitchen, where most of the cooks have left for the day, including Raul. I walk out of the kitchen and into the hallway were the cleaning supplies room is at.

Olivia follows me as I go to grab the mop to clean the spill. "You're fired. You can't treat customers like that."

My head immediately shoots towards her. I open my mouth to say something but nothing comes out. I just stare at her not knowing what to do. I need this job but I'm not about to beg.

It wasn't even a big deal. I just think she wants an excuse to fire me. I know I probably shouldn't have taken his water but, well, I wanted to.

"Go clean up the spill then leave." She orders turning away and leaving. I stand there long before she's gone the news not hitting me till a while later.

Tears spill into my eyes.

I messed up, I messed up bad. How in the world I'm I going to pay out the student loans, the apartment.

Panick surges through my body immobilizing my sense making it hard to breath. I feel like throwing up; my stomach twisting into knots.

My legs give in as I fall to the ground. Pain shoots through my arm as I look down to see the blood on my hand and fingers.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚

Word count 3034

How was your day? Mine was boring.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 48.7K 51
After five years and a thousand regrets, two old lovers meet again.. "What kind of stunt are you pulling out this time?" I see his eyes blaze in blue...
18.8K 573 29
"I don't know what to tell you, it's your fault for catching feelings." He states, so harshly. And I thought I was the mean one. "It's your fault fo...
115 44 13
Sage is an assasin. She is a prisoner. She hates the man who put her in this position. She allowed herself to be kidnapped for love. She's an assasin...
1.4M 40.7K 44
Clara Bowen has had a troubled life. Her family, being very religous, has entrapped her into a life hidden from the real world. Now Clara is given th...