š˜½š™”š™–š™™š™šš™Ø š™˜š™¤š™¢š™š š™žš™£ š™„...

By anditgoesonandon

"š™š™š™šš™§š™š š™žš™Ø š™– š™„š™–š™§š™© š™¤š™› š™¢š™š š™„ š™–š™¢ š™¢š™žš™Øš™Øš™žš™£š™œ." "š™„'š™”š™” š™›š™žš™£š™™ š™žš™© š™›š™¤š™§ š™®š™¤š™Ŗ, š™”š™¤š™«... More

š–•š–†š–—š–™ š–”š–“š–Š
š™ž
š™žš™ž
š™žš™žš™ž
š™žš™«

š™žš™£š™©š™§š™¤š™™š™Ŗš™˜š™©š™žš™¤š™£

503 11 4
By anditgoesonandon

"blades come in pairs"

"where's my pair, then?"

"out there, numen. you'll meet one day."

(seasons one and two, derives from the show after that)

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨

son ye-jin as ayalon

patrick gibson as nikolai lantsov, sturmhond

freddy carter as kaz brekker

amita suman as inej ghafa

kit young as jesper fahey

jessie mei li as alina starkov

ben barnes as aleksander kirigan, darling

warnings                                                                                                                                                    death, violence, mentions of abuse, torture

disclaimer                                                                                                                                                   i do not own any of the characters, plots, only Ayalon and all other characters, plots, and places not mentioned in the show. this is based on shadow and bone the show, not the books.

preface                                                                                                                                                   A long, spike-embedded staff slammed into Ayalon's torso, tearing the shaggy cloth she wore over it. Droplets of water splashed across her face and Ayalon awoke, her hands reached to her face to wipe the water off but the shackles around them prevented her from doing otherwise. She slowly arose, still chained in her cage. Eyes wandering, observing her surroundings, Ayalon noticed the men looming over the cages around her, some opening them up.

They all carried girls, like her, some older, some even younger. She herself was seventeen. A crescent moon stood in the sky and the darkness of the night provided a cover for the men to smuggle in the girls. They'd all be split up, she knew. Some sent to brothels, some to clubs, some just left for dead. Not all girls had buyers and Ayalon worked her whole life to make sure she wasn't left over, out in the streets.

This had become a routine to her; getting captured by slavers (though sometimes she'd skip it and find work herself), being sold or working for some illegal business, learning the skills required, and escaping only for. She'd been out in the docks catching fish (mostly other, more illegal creatures), worked for performing groups as an acrobatics or gymnast act, joined gangs as a spy, chained in brothels entertaining men with power.

The routine of her life had earned her many skills, from sharp shooting to tap dancing. No matter what though, she'd survived. Something in her gut told Ayalon she'd not survive this one.

As her suspicions proved her, a group of tall, tough looking men emerged from behind the ship. They wore long coats, almost uniformed. Drüskelle. A sudden panic waved through Ayalon as her chains were jerked towards the Drüskelle. Of all the fates, landing her life in the hands of a Drüskelle would be the worst, and while she was not a Grisha, she'd heard the stories of what the Ice court did to Grisha, and anyone accused of being Grisha.

Ayalon looked around, planning her escape, trying to find an opening. The men will have to remove her chains and another ship was docked near by. One much larger than the one of the Drüskelle. If she could run into that ship, away from the Drüskelle, she'd be safe. Ayalon had nothing to give, however, other than her life and her will. But she would not die. Not tonight, not by the hands of the Ice Court.

 As she predicted, one of the men, much smaller than the rest, came around and unlocked her shackles. A voice boomed over the girls, ordering them to stand in a filed line. Frightened, the girls ahead of her stood and Ayalon followed. From the Drüskelle ship, a new man emerged, this one handsomer and most likely nicer than the rest. His hair long and gold, was tied and even in the dark, Ayalon could see his pale blue eyes glisten in the moonlight. He was a painting.

The man walked to the very first girl as another grabbed her hand towards him. Something was in his hands, a sharp object of some sorts-Ayalon couldn't see what, but with the scream that escaped the girl's lips and the gust of wind that followed, Ayalon could guess what was happening. The Drüskelle were testing the girls, seeing if they were the Drüsje they were looking for. Angered, the man grabbing onto the girl's arm pushed her towards the boat as two others forced her inside with her hands cuffed together. Ayalon knew she wasn't Grisha, she'd been tested before in her time in Ketterdam as a slave. Still, no risks could be taken and she noticed how the girls not affected were let go. Grabbing the pin in her hair and stabbing into the palm of her hand that she hid behind her back. If she was already in pain, the test wouldn't show.

Soon, the men made their way to her and the man talked. "What's your name?" He asked. Ayalon glared, "Why do you care?" His face was expressionless, "It's less painful when you talk. I'm Matthias." "Ayalon." As the two saw nothing happen, they walked away, not before letting her go.

Running as fast as her deprived body let her, Ayalon headed towards the other ship. Her plan was still on, she still had her life.

"Wait. Please, I-I need a ride."

"Got anything valuable?"

"I've my life and will. You can do what you please, just, take me."

"What's your name, love?"

"Ayalon."

"Sturmhond. Welcome abord the Volkvolny, Ayalon."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 115 19
A few days after Alina and I escaped the clutches of my brother, the former Ravkan general of the Second Army, Aleksander Kirigan, we parted ways. I...
6.6K 142 26
What's a Bastart without his Queen?
1.5K 71 11
"and as the swarm it calls we lay in the foundations," it's not the money that brings nastya rastputina on the job that entails certain death, that...
2.7K 133 10
ĖĖ‹Ā°ā€¢*ā€āž· š’š„š€ šš‹š€šƒš„ āāāāāāāāāāāā she was the assassin he was the privateer and together they were something greater than all...