Gmailing You

By _amxnx_

The days when no technology existed, love was written on letters, eyes were met, hands were frequently intert... More

1. Save Your Tears
2. Those Eyes, Oh God
3. Cherry Blossom Fall
4. Starlight and Moons
5. A Betrayed Heart
6. Vanilla Ice Cream
7. Bittersweet
8. Just Friends
9. Stolen Hugs & Kisses
10. London
11. Ramen Night
12. Best Friend's Love
13. Such A Tease
14. Apple Bites
15. Theif Of Hearts
16. Lift Your Arms
17. Eyes On You
18. Take My Hand
19. Sunsets and Secrets
20. Stuck With You
21. Garden Of Butterflies
22. The Wrong Mail
23. Home Alone
24. The Second Chance
25. Magic Of Melon
26. Falling All In You
27. Hugs & Cuddles
28. Take Me With You
29. Trails Of Love
30. Bed Sharing
31. Camera Beauty
32 . Obsessed Bunny
33. Confession Reveal
34. Wrong Timing Right Person
36. Bunny Gurl
37. Don't Run Away
38. Bandit Of Love
39. Flowers & Her
40. Steps To Hell
41. Sunshine & Beaches
42. Jealousy Is A Disease
43. Humpty Dumpty
44. Bonfire
45. Surprise Kitten
46. Missed Bus
47. Taennie
48. My Only One
49. Love Circus
50. Kill For Love
51. The Unexpected
52. Enchanted
53. Birthday Boy

35. Survival Of The Fittest

365 29 28
By _amxnx_

"For the love of a rose,
the gardener becomes the slave of a thousand thorns."

_

No motion. No words. Dresses are soaking wet in water. Soul-shredding rain pouring up onto everyone. Silence sprawled across the front of the door, where everyone showed up to take Jennie's dad for his funeral. And Jennie is nothing but lost. Not letting her father go.

You've tried helping her, but she's not listening. Crying until her voice almost turns hoarse. She lost her parents at such a young age, her mom first and now her dad. No one deserves anything like this. No one.

She's the most joyous person you've ever met, someone who'd light up a room she's entered, someone who'd bring smiles to you on your saddest days. And now looking at her crippled like this has done so much destruction to your heart that you don't know what to do with yourself anymore.

She's shattered in thousands of pieces and withered into tears... that you're so broken. So so so broken. It's unacceptable to see your best friend going through so much, and there's nothing you can do about it. Literally nothing.

Her mom died in a car accident; which happened when she was returning home from the company she used to work in. And thereafter her dad started suffering from heart problems after her mom passed away. Never informed Jennie. Kept visiting the hospital, had surgeries done and tried to survive how long he could for his precious only daughter.

But in the end, he couldn't bear it anymore. Disclosed to your parents the truth when he knew the situation was going to go downhill. Wrote a farewell letter to everyone. Jennie Jungkook and you included.

Everyone is trying to soothe Jennie down for her to give her father one last goodbye, but she's still rigid. Not intended to listen to a single person present here at this gathering.

Until Jungkook takes the lead. Take forward the next step. Becoming the knight in the shining armourer of everyone.

He's as wrecked as everyone. But he's stepped ahead and when Jennie catches sight of him she howls, "Jungkook." She cries his name. He listens. Calls her to him with open arms and she runs to him. Her footsteps splashed through the flooding ground beneath and falling right in his arms.

His arms are closing against her figure. Heavy sobbing reverberated through her chest as she hugged him tightly.

She complains about why it took so long for him to return and he's apologizing. Apologizing. Apologizing. Uncountable times sincerely apologizing. He tightly shut his eyes. Emphasizing her. Giving her the warmth of his embrace. Trying his best to keep her from falling.

Eventually, Jungkook takes her inside the house. Grab the towel tugging on the stand and gets down on his knees. Wipes her wet face. Slicked hair. Stammering hands from the sudden chilly air coating her wet skin.

"Y/n can you please bring a new set of clothes for her?" Jungkook requests, doesn't look behind, and focuses on easing Jennie, who's dropped her face under her palms whimpering.

"Yes." You lead.

"Thank you." He acknowledges.

Jungkook holds Jennie's hand, lowers it down and takes her eyes on him. Jennie's swollen eyes meet his, a tear escaping her eye already. He gathers both of her hands together firmly and starts.

"Although I am struggling to find the right words now, I want you to know I care about you. Y/n cares about you. Everyone here does." He whispers and she listens. Her chest lifted in tiny hiccups.

Jungkook tilts his head back, urging the tears from coming through his own eyes too. But he's staying strong for his best friend. The one he genuinely cherishes. "This sucks–I'm so sorry about all of this, J." He hisses. It's painful for him to see her so ruined.

She's sitting with a painful expression on her face, lips trembling and eyes small from crying. "After all this is over. Let's go to that favourite spot your dad liked so much." He smiles mid-pain, remembering Jennie ranting about it when they were close.

Jennie sniffs, nods, and softens her eyes on his hands clasped together with hers. "Mom, too." She adds, "I miss her too."

"Of course." Jungkook mumbles, his smile inflicted with pain, "The flower market across the street." He mentions, "I remember."

In the week Jungkook and Jennie spent together, Jennie opened up a lot about her to him. And Jungkook is pleased he knows. That he can be of support. By any means.

You come in and feel reassured after catching Jennie slowly getting calmer and getting back to herself. Jungkook appreciates you, thanks you and accepts the clothes you brought for her.

"Now you're going to go change. Don't want to get sick, do you?" He's carefully being polite with his words. Jennie breathes and lands her gaze on the dress. Stares at it. She collects her thoughts and initially agrees, gets up to change.

Right after she leaves, Jungkook stands up and rubs his eyes, shakes his head and turns behind his shoulder to find you. Follows you. Find his way to you and drop his head on your shoulders. Hands resting on your palms. Intertwining them. Losing himself.

"Everything will get fine. I promise." Jungkook is almost near to breaking down. And you're biting your lips, holding yourself from crying too. Rub his back and soothe him as he notices you're as soaked from rain as him.

"Let's not get sick too either, yeah?" He's suggesting a change of clothes for the two of you too, and you agree. Understand. Get to that.

Is very glad that Jennie is finally listening to someone.

It was peaceful because it was Jungkook who was making it happen.

+++

It's been ten days since they held the funeral. Ten days you've had a lot going on with the house. Ten days of barely getting any sleep. Ten days of Jungkook not around you.

Jennie was a lot more relaxed than before. In a better condition. She was eating two times a day–at least that was the bear most than anything. And all that because Jungkook was there.

She just continued merely on greens the first few days, not wanting to eat heavy meals, but she was slowly getting there. One day after day. Everyone was loosening up. She opened up, had conversations with everyone. Mingle and spare a few smiles.

Losing your only parent was nothing but disheartening. You're astonished to see her getting better so quickly. But again, you still hear her sobs when she pretends she's asleep but is just crying to herself all night long.

Her relationship with her dad was far superior to anything that could be named. He was a mother to her, her best friend, her brother and her father at the same time. Treated her like a princess and spoiled her with everything she could imagine having. Just needed a word, and he was even willing to bring the moon down for her.

He cooked with her, went on shopping trips with her, went on vacations and listened to her pry about all the boy troubles she had in school and college. He was a part of her daily routine, and it was utterly devastating to not have him around anymore. At all.

Right now, the only person who was saving Jennie was Jungkook. She was only listening to him and beaming when he smiled at her. Felt normal when he was with her. Went on daily morning walks with her. Was emotionally available to her.

You had decided not to talk about you and Jungkook to Jennie yet. She was finding peace in him and you didn't want to take that away from her. Not now, at least.

And you had to discuss this with Jungkook. That is why you're standing in front of Jungkook's door. After ten days of not seeing him properly. Ten days of not kissing him. Ten days of not spending time with him.

The timing was always off. Something or the other happened and you've got no chance. But now you're here finally.

Jennie's out to the nearest grocery store with your mom to prepare for tomorrow's breakfast. Everyone's almost headed to sleep.

There's silence everywhere. The best time you could think of to meet Jungkook–who was pretty tired earlier and went to sleep an hour ago.

You're almost guilty of disturbing him, but you're sure he'd be happy to see you. Maybe you could sleep with him or something.

This was a need. This. That's why you've knocked on his door. Patiently waiting.

A pair of footsteps appear closer to the door in seconds. Unlock the door. Open it a few seconds later. And you're seeing Jungkook with his eyes half closed. Hair scrambled. Lose white shirt hanging off his body he's put on in a hurry to open the door. The lazy trousers tucked loose.

Those doe eyes barely opened.

He looked so tired.

"Hey," You come closer, look up at him, graze your fingers at his cheek and Jungkook adjusts to the lightning. Slowly blinks and realizes it's you after all.

You smile vividly at him, "You tired kook?"

He opens his eyes fully, balances his hand on the door slab, throws his head down and sighs hard. "Tell me I'm awake and this is not a dream." He huskily voices, shuts his eyes tight and opens them. Notices your feet actually in front of his doorstep.

"I missed you." You're fidgeting with your fingers and Jungkook nods. Leaves his hand down. Reaches on yours. Clasps them with one hand and pulls you inside.

He shuts the door. Don't give you chance to load your brain and he's lifted you off your feet. Throws you on his shoulder and carries you like a sack of rice until he eventually slips you lower to grasp your fragile body in a hug.

Squeezes you tightly against him. "God, I missed you so much." He cries. Presses his cheeks against yours. Groans and whispers all 'I love you's'

Takes you to the bed. Drops you on the soft comfort he was sleeping on a few minutes ago. Reaches on the back of his shirt and tugs it out. Throws it on the floor. Don't let you have a grasp of the situation and immediately press his lips hurriedly with yours. And you're dipping inside the sheet with the sheer force of adoration.

He was waiting so much for this. So long for this. So long to kiss you. Hug you and hold you close.

You are getting pecked on every single part of your skin. "I love you." A kiss on your lips. "I love you." A kiss on the tip of your nose. "I love you." A kiss on your forehead. "God, I love you so much." A kiss on the top of your nose. "Freakin' missed you." A little bite on your cheeks and a tight smooch to ease the feeling.

You're a blushing mess. Forearms now hiding your face. Quick heartbeat. Stomach fluttered with butterflies. Jungkook grasps you by your hips, pulls you closer to his torso and you gasp.

He's looking straight out of a movie. Not like a typical hero, but the dangerous villain who'd burn the world for you. So classy, so attractive and so beautiful.

He leans down to your figure, eyes falling on your buttons and then back at you. "If you'd allow me to..." he's so desperate for you, so open about it and you're running laps around like a manic idiot.

"Every time I see you, I'm just like how much more can I love you." He breathlessly exclaims and removes your arm's covering your face. Uses them to pin them down to take a good look at you.

"So pretty, so freakin beautiful, the loveliest girl. My girl." He dips in for a kiss and your spine arches from the sensation when his lips again meet yours. His hands reaching for the buttons but still not opening them. Waiting for you. For your approval.

"You're giving me brain damage at this point." You answer otherwise, being a mess and Jungkook spares you a glance in the middle of kissing your cheeks, a sly smile appearing, "Yeah?" He asks and you nod.

"Keep holding me until I smell like you." You reach for his jaw and plant a kiss on his cheeks too as he flutters his eyes close and softly smiles. Grabs your palm and brings it to his lips, presses a kiss and dips down to your ear,

"You look so innocent and I know you're not and it's getting me weak." Jungkook bites on your earlobe and you've felt bolts of electricity hit your body.

He comes back to you and you bite your lips and look at him like he's the only one for you. Give him a nod. Let him have you and when he's almost ready to have you, there's a damn knock on the door.

"Jungkook? Are you up?"

You immediately push Jungkook away from you with such force that he's rolling down the bed. He grunts as soon as he falls and you whisper an apology.

"It's me, Jennie." The voice comes through the door and your face suddenly turns pale. The door unlocked. If, in the slightest chance, she comes in now, she'd run into you two on messy sheets. Him naked and you lying on his bed.

Her heart would break. Leave her in shock to see her best friend and the boy she likes in one bed. Oh, the nightmare she will have to face...

She has just started to feel better, but if she ends up in this position. There will be no one to rescue her this time.

You were reckless. Shouldn't have come here without a proper plan. Heck — could've had patience and planned out to meet him somewhere. But God—

"Can I see you in a few?" Jungkook gets up casually, rubbing his back as if this wasn't a situation to get panicked by. He sits on the bed and stretches to ease his stiff back, and your heart is the only one panicking so much.

Jennie reacts a few seconds later, "Umm, yeah, okay. I'm in my room."

He replies, "Sure, I'll come there."

Jennie clears her throat and stutters, "A — yeah, thanks. I bought something for you. I'll be waiting." She walks away in slow steps and Jungkook raises his brows and drops them in a few seconds. Looks curious, but not enough to let it linger any further.

He throws the pillow lying on his way and crawls to you, rests down his head on your lap and crosses his arms, trying to relax and you're dumbfounded.

"I don't wanna go." He coos. "We were just getting there."

How can he be so comfortable and posed?

Jungkook opens his eyes and glances at you boring holes with your eyes on the wall opposite to you. Go into some deep thoughts. Your eye bags deepening.

Jungkook lifts, rests his hands on the bed and frowns. "What's wrong?"

You have your brows squinted together, regret showing all over your face. Fingers tightly clenched. Although you weren't cheating, it felt illegal to do all of this behind Jennie's back. You were feeling nauseous.

"I asked you something y/n," Jungkook repeats, reaching for your hand and you're not moving an inch.

Jungkook stops pulling over your hands after receiving no answer in return. He sits quietly waiting for you to speak something, but you don't. You stay in the same position, not willing to do anything. It's as if reality has hit you in your face.

Be extremely cautious when dealing with Jennie.

Standing up after like what felt like an eternity, Jungkook wears his shirt back, turns away and brushes his hair. Speaks, "I'll be back in a few. Sit here and don't go anywhere." He goes near the door before glancing back at you. "We need to talk."

He walks out of his room without a single word further and you burst down into tears. You made the mistake of assuming that everything could go fine. And what's worse is you can't stop yourself from overthinking and being so freaking pessimistic about things.

+++

After Jungkook walks into Jennie's already-opened room, he finds her lying on her stomach, dressed in a casual shirt and pants. Her hair lowered and she's playing with a wristband under the lamp stand placed at the corner of her bed.

The room lights dimmed, the curtains closed, and he's so familiar with this room that it just hurts him. She specifically arranged the plushies into one corner, making space for him. Room clean and air conditioning on.

"Hey," Jungkook doesn't take a seat, calls for her and she almost jumps up scared as if she didn't expect him right now. As if she thought he'd be late this time. But he was always on time. There for her when she needed him. In any situation provided.

"Oh, hey." Jennie snatches a pillow and stuffs it under her arms, pats her side for him to take a seat. Jungkook is a little hesitant, but nonetheless takes his seat.

He doesn't look at her, counts the number of dots on the carpet spread below their feet, "I hope everything is alright?" He asks concerned and Jennie hums, "Yes–yes mm–I'm good."

Jungkook slowly nods, wipes his sleepy eyes and she notices, "Were you resting? I hope I didn't disturb your sleep?" She sounds worried and Jungkook looks at her this time, "No-no, I was up. No problem."

Jennie bites her lips, presses her chin under her stuffy pillow and plays with her fingernails. "About the thing I brought for you." She murmurs and Jungkook nods, waiting for her to elaborate.

Leaning forward, she digs under her back pocket and takes out a small box. Looks a little embarrassed and Jungkook blinks when he sees the box. "What's this?"

She hands it over to him. "See yourself." She hands it over to him and Jungkook is a little tensed. He clenches his fingers tight and thinks a lot before opening it.

"Don't worry, it's not a ring or something." She doesn't know why she had to assure him but after watching Jungkook ease, it disappoints her, but she brushes it away. Don't give it much thought.

Jungkook opens the box only to find a keychain with an initial 'J'

He pulls it up to find a key attached to it. Slowly yanking down with it. He's confused. Puts it back in the box and spares her a confused look. "I don't understand." He hands it over to her.

Jennie groans under her pillow. The back of her neck turned red. "You want me to say it out aloud?" She breathes heavily, cheeks red and a little ashamed from the circumstance arising right now.

"I'm genuinely thankful to you for taking care of me after the funeral. My heart felt a little more steady knowing I had you to count on. It meant a lot that you went out of your way making sure I was okay after Dad's death. Everything you did and said meant so much to me. Thank you."

Jungkook didn't want to get to conclusions, but the situation was something he didn't wanna drag further. His heart is quickening up. Not from excitement, but fear and anxiousness. He knows what is coming next.

"I- I visited Namsan tower, and it's the k-key for the padlock of love."

He stares at her, watching the worst nightmare he could ever witness.

Jennie fiddles with the keychain, licks her dry lips and lowers her gaze, finding herself not courageous enough to face Jungkook. She was too shy. Never took the lead, and this is the first time she's ever done this. And no, she does not regret it.

"I'm grateful for what all you did for me these past few days." She murmurs, "You've supported me through the hardest and I couldn't just simply thank you."

Dropping the key in Jungkook's hand, Jennie felt her heart warm. "That's my answer for you, Jungkook."

He darts down at the key and then at her, dreaded. And Jennie is having beautiful stars glowing in her eyes as she splatters her next words,

"I like you too. Shall we start dating?

♡♡♡

Dang, it has happened, didn't it?

Wonder what's happening next *.*

Until next time, ;)

Stay safe and happy

Muahhh

Amxnx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 64.7K 48
" I will make you mine y/n , even if you are not supposed to be. And i don't care what it takes" -Moderately mature content -Emotional af 1ST PLACE...
8K 456 26
❝ who are we to say that we are never meant to be together? we are not God. ❞ jeon jungkook idol x underground fighter au ©jiggukae 2021
2.2M 116K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
40K 1.2K 28
❝ suck my blood until the thirst of your craves on me satisfied, baby. ❞ jeon jungkook college x vampire au ©jiggukae 2021